Konoha vs 15 Menos Grandes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

draxx_tOfU
smile

This is Konoha two days before Pain attacked it, meaning Naruto isn't in this fight...

Demonic Phoenix
15? Konoha could probably survive, if they defend strategically and wisely. Around 10 of the Menos doing a Cero simultaneously, would destroy the Village faster than Pain did.
Meh, Kakashi could likely take one or two out via Kamui'ing the head. Chouji and Chouza have their multi-size techniques. Tsunade could one-shot a Menos with her strength.

Then Pain comes and one-shots the remaining Menos Grande vin

Q99
I think Konoha could likely handle this many. Tsunade's strength, Gai going gates-out, Choji's clan, Kakashi can probably get 3-4 (if he's totally fresh and doesn't spend chakra on anything by kamui). Enough ANBU and such doing big fireballs and similar jutsu could likely at least do some damage.

Fortunately random MGs are fairly low compared to the higher hollows, and especially are lacking in speed.

Hm, I wonder how Genjutsu'd do on them. If they could be made to turn on each other that'd be awesome.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Q99
I think Konoha could likely handle this many. Tsunade's strength, Gai going gates-out, Choji's clan, Kakashi can probably get 3-4 (if he's totally fresh and doesn't spend chakra on anything by kamui). Enough ANBU and such doing big fireballs and similar jutsu could likely at least do some damage.

Fortunately random MGs are fairly low compared to the higher hollows, and especially are lacking in speed.

Hm, I wonder how Genjutsu'd do on them. If they could be made to turn on each other that'd be awesome.

This is two days before Pain attacked. Team Gai was out on a mission when Pain attacked, so they might not have been in the village two days before Pain's attack.

Also, Gillians may be relatively weak, but they're around Lieutenant level. So around Kira/Rangiku/Hisagi level. I don't think fireball jutsus are going to be doing much, apart from irritating the Gillians.

draxx_tOfU
i was bored and watched the third bleach movie, which sucked imo, and they had this scene where Byakuya's bankai tanked multiple ceros from the Menos'...

anyway, what if the Menos' have 30 fodder hollows?...

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
This is two days before Pain attacked. Team Gai was out on a mission when Pain attacked, so they might not have been in the village two days before Pain's attack.

Oh, yea. Still, a lot of ninja will be there.

I wouldn't say that, I'd put them at seated officer level. Lts tend to be able to fight Adjuchas, even arrancarized ones pretty well.

Also there's variation within Menos. Ones with personalities are stronger than the normal ones, or at least more dangerous due to being smarter and being able to use skill.

While one or two fireball(/lightning/wing/etc.) jutsu won't do much, I'm thinking if you got, like 12-18 ANBU blasting at once that'll do something.

Fodder hollows don't matter too much, except give the weaker ninja something to do.

Astner
Given the conditions of that Menos can't be seen and that a Menos' cero generally ranges from a building- to block-buster, it's fully possible that they'd be able to destroy Konoha before they're even detected. Even if they were to be detected their durability is immense and their spiritual pressure devastating.

Q99
Originally posted by Astner
Given the conditions of that Menos can't be seen and that a Menos' cero generally ranges from a building- to block-buster, it's fully possible that they'd be able to destroy Konoha before they're even detected. Even if they were to be detected their durability is immense and their spiritual pressure devastating.

They'd still probably trip the alert-wards over the city, plus they're big enough that footprints in the ground from their mass should give away their location.

Menos class spiritual pressure isn't all that devastating either.

They do have high durability, but I think a level that can be handled. They don't have near the iron skin of the higher forms, their size provides a lot of their defense.

Astner
Menos was actually one of the creatures that were the first to be retconned. When it first appeared it was stated that they were under he juristiction of the royal guard (division 0) and that a single warrior wasn't enough to take one down.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/734/28562078.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by Astner
Menos was actually one of the creatures that were the first to be retconned. When it first appeared it was stated that they were under he juristiction of the royal guard (division 0) and that a single warrior wasn't enough to take one down.

Yea, that really didn't last long at all, did it? smile Funny that it's miss "I one-shot adjuchas," Rukia saying it.

I think Kubo didn't foresee how powerful he'd make full-power LTs and Captains yet.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, that really didn't last long at all, did it? smile Funny that it's miss "I one-shot adjuchas," Rukia saying it.

That was a fluke and you know it! Besides if Rukia died, Tite would lose a lot of fans.

I doubt any of the Konoha ninja could tank a cero, not even Tsunade with her Genesis Rebirth. If they attackd the gillian before going crazy with cero then they would probably win.

BTW, I noticed the thread said menos grande so does that mean adjuchas and vasto lorde are allowed seeing as how they are a variety of menos.

draxx_tOfU
nah, I meant the lowest class, the hooded thingys...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Q99

I think Kubo didn't foresee how powerful he'd make full-power LTs and Captains yet.
Rukia never beat an Adjuchas in the manga (in fact, nobody did because they were never enemies who appeared on-screen). She beat an Espada though, so I wouldn't really be surprised.

NemeBro
All of the Gillians firing a Cero at the same time would be more devastating than Pain's attack ever was.

And unlike Pain, which was essentially a gigantic "Force push," the Ceros could quite possibly vape or incinerate much of the ninja in Konoha, along with at least most of the village.

Ichigo's attack which made one have to retreat, but did not kill it, traveled almost the entire length of its body, just to get an idea of their durability.

Q99
Even if the Gillians go crazy with cero (and they don't tend to spam them), it'd cause a lot of destruction but the stronger ninja could likely avoid them. The blast of a cero is still fairly concentrated.

Originally posted by King Kandy
Rukia never beat an Adjuchas in the manga (in fact, nobody did because they were never enemies who appeared on-screen). She beat an Espada though, so I wouldn't really be surprised.

Hm... yea, I guess she's taken out a bunch of arrancar but we can't be sure of all their types.

The Rukia take down list includes D-Roy (known arrancarized Gillian, one-shotted), Sand Guardian (unknown type arrancar, one-shotted), Rubudon (unknown arrancar, I'd be amazed if he wasn't an adjuchas), and Aaronneiro (known arrancarized super-gillian).

There's also the forest of menos part of the anime, which was based on stuff Tite cut out of the manga for time, when the soul reaper there said Rukia could fight on a level with adjuchas.

King Kandy
D-Roy was an Adjuchas (all of Grimmjow's fraccion are).

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Q99
Hm... yea, I guess she's taken out a bunch of arrancar but we can't be sure of all their types.

The Rukia take down list includes D-Roy (known arrancarized Gillian, one-shotted), Sand Guardian (unknown type arrancar, one-shotted), Rubudon (unknown arrancar, I'd be amazed if he wasn't an adjuchas), and Aaronneiro (known arrancarized super-gillian).

I would like to dispute Rukia's take-down list even if it is canon due to the fact that I don't like Rukia right now.
D-Roy: Weaking that was used to show off unexplained shikai.
Sand Hollow: elemental advantage(similar to Toshiro's over Hallibel)
Aaroniero: Major fluke and you know it!
Ruboudon: Recieved help.

Sooo....would the 15 gillians still take out konoha or what?

Q99
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Ruboudon: Recieved help.

Not that much help, she seemed to be doing plenty fine.

No. The cero of a gillian isn't that strong (a cero of that level takes out maybe a few city blocks IMO, they don't have the area/power of Pain's attack), and while they're quite tough, they aren't that fast, so the ninja who can handle them should be able to take them down with effort.

They'll wreck havok in the area of the fight but lose.

NemeBro
Konoha isn't that big. no expression

15 attacks that could each level a few city blocks would destroy the village.

Q99
Originally posted by NemeBro
Konoha isn't that big. no expression

15 attacks that could each level a few city blocks would destroy the village.

Konoha isn't quite that small either. From the page of Pain jumping over the village in preparation for the push, which just shows a bit of the town near the kage monument and not close to the whole thing, there's probably over 20 visible.

And are we assuming optimum spread? Because the gillians would all be firing from one side too. What you'd end up getting is one area really blasted and a lot of areas untouched.

The total power of the gillian attacks would be way less than what Pain did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.