Achillies Vs Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who would win here

Q99
I would say almost certainly Achilles. He's very hard to hit except with more sweeping attacks, which makes pressure point moves much harder, and he's faster, stronger, tougher, and has excellent regen.

lordxalba
Achilles

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99
I would say almost certainly Achilles. He's very hard to hit except with more sweeping attacks, which makes pressure point moves much harder, and he's faster, stronger, tougher, and has excellent regen.

what makes you think he is faster and tougher? Idk anything of his regen.

Please don't say "he is a WW villian" he seems very quick and hard to hit due to his grace but not nearly as strong or as tough as WW.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Feron
what makes you think he is faster and tougher? Idk anything of his regen.

He was taking WW's shots pretty darn well (it wasn't until their second battle that blood was draw, making him comment how he wasn't sure he could be hurt until that point), and as we later found out his strength is partially tied to his commitment to battle to boot (if he's unsure of his cause like when facing Diana, his strength is reduced, if he believes he's doing the right thing and doesn't waver, it increases to full).

As for his regen, he got stabbed through the heart with Athena's spear (the spear he normally has, said to be able to piece anything, flaming head, yadda yadda), and healed that.

Achilles was made by the start to be a 'replacement'/alternative for Diana by similar methods and for a similar task, only by Zeus instead of Athena doing the life-bestowing, so it's no surprise their power level isn't far apart.

Lord Feron
Well Yeah but WW normal punches are not something gamora can not take imo. ABout the blood comment yeah I say that part but could also be because he was just created or something.

I didn't know about the power level thing. But is it like an actual powerset? Because what you said could be said for anyone. If a person is not fully commited to their cause I don't think anyone will be able to perform to the best of their abilities as oppose to being very commited.

How quick was the regen? Gamora got stabbed by wolverine and got up moments later. And both of them commenting how good her regen was.

As for your last comment. Terraz was suppose to repalce SS as Herald of galactuc, doesn't mean that they are suppose to be that close in power. Just because someone is suppose to be someone replacement doesn't mean they are automatically their equal.

anyway would Gamora have Godslayer? If not i am not sure if gamora can just beat him to death...

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Well Yeah but WW normal punches are not something gamora can not take imo. ABout the blood comment yeah I say that part but could also be because he was just created or something.

He'd already fought with her and been slammed around, though, leaving craters in the ground. So pretty high toughness.

It helps if you know the myth- Trojan-War Achilles sat around in his tent sulking and afraid to fight until his beloved lifepartner Patroclus died and he came out and started beating everything and everyone. So there's mythic precedent for the strength shifting with confidence.

The Citizenry story did confirm it's a power set thing too. He pretty much one-shotted a giant robot snake thingy which was an old WW foe, and Etta (WW's friend) comment on Diana never saying he was this powerful, him saying he's stronger than when he fought Diana, etc..

I'm not sure exactly, there was a scene cut between being impaled and him pushing it out while talking. Not very long and the spear didn't even have to be removed first.

Oh yea, and his heart specifically came from a god (Kane Malohi, Hawai'ian god of the heavens), so come to think of it that may've been a factor.

Yea, but just as Surfer's replacement is herald-class, similarly Achilles, while likely not quite Diana's equal even at full, seems to be in her general class in most respects.

Colossus-Big C
so how strong is achillies?
thor level, namor level?

Lord Feron
I did not read the citizenry (don't really read much WW stuff) but i read comics with Achillias fighting in the store heh. But, i'm not gonna rely on myth to give me a accurate dipiction of a character.

Take marvel Ares for example a chump comapred wto what he is suppose to be. (not sure of the supposed new and improved ares though)

Anyway I personally like the character alot but nothing you have said convinces me that she can beat gamora for a healthy majority. But I do believe that the two would fight a great battle with both sides stealing wins.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thor level, namor level? Colossus level, ya evil face Achilles that weak...

Gamora FTW

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by vansonbee
Colossus level, ya evil face Achilles that weak...

Gamora FTW colossus is stronger than gamora though kinda

Q99
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thor level, namor level?

I would guess close to Thor at full confident, but further down nearer Namor at less than full.

There is the matter of Achilles' Grace making it very hard to do precision attacks, which is what Gamora relies on against tough foes like him.

Gamora can't even rely on the trick Diana used of grabbing ahold then pounding, because he'd win a grapple easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.