Which one of these guys would win in a fight using nothing but lightning manipulation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Thor
Shazam
Captain Marvel
Storm
Zeus
Thunder strike
BRB
Magneto
Jesus Cable
Morg
Static shock
living lightning
Black Adam
Thanos
Flash

lightyeargee
Zeus.

amnesia
1. Zeus
2. Thor
3. Storm

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by amnesia
1. Zeus
2. Thor
3. Storm you put them above shazam ?

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
you put them above shazam ? Shazam gets his lightning abilities from Zeus. Thor and Storm's come from their own powers. Shazam would kick their asses if it were any other kind of fight but Thor and Storm are better with lightning. I"d put Storm over Thor tho. She's much better with it than he is.

amnesia
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Shazam gets his lightning abilities from Zeus. Thor and Storm's come from their own powers. Shazam would kick their asses if it were any other kind of fight but Thor and Storm are better with lightning. I"d put Storm over Thor tho. She's much better with it than he is.

Storm commented on the fact that Thor simply Commands it, storm sort of "asks" it. This annoys storm greatly

marwash22
adult Static.

lightyeargee
Storm commented on the fact that Thor simply Commands it, storm sort of "asks" it. This annoys storm greatly But her displays of lightning are greater than Thor's. Her lightning feats are better than Thor's. She uses it as shields. She bends it. She has hurt Silver Surfer with it twice. She is better at it than Thor is.

Colossus-Big C
Storm commented on the fact that Thor simply Commands it, storm sort of "asks" it. This annoys storm greatly but who is better with it?

amnesia
but who is better with it?

well storm depends entirely on it, but i think if Thor really wanted he could cancel it out.

(This is a theory obviously)

Colossus-Big C
IMO

Zeus
Shazam
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Flash
Thor
Magneto
Storm
Static
Cable

marwash22
wow, no respect for Static?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by marwash22
wow, no respect for Static? i would put static on or near storms level

amnesia
IMO

Zeus
Shazam
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Flash
Thor
Magneto
Storm

captain marvel and BA over Thor? They don't really command the lightning, i think Thor could re-direct it and make captain marvel regular old Billy Batson.

Wild Shadow
neither thor, thunderstrike, BRB Zues can be realistically harm by lightning and can control and takes other ppls lightning from them,,

psycho gundam
But her displays of lightning are greater than Thor's. Her lightning feats are better than Thor's. She uses it as shields. She bends it. She has hurt Silver Surfer with it twice. She is better at it than Thor is.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5617/xmenlegacy2370008.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2562/xmenlegacy2370009.jpg

"HAHAHAH!" - thor odinson

amnesia
But her displays of lightning are greater than Thor's. Her lightning feats are better than Thor's. She uses it as shields. She bends it. She has hurt Silver Surfer with it twice. She is better at it than Thor is.

Thor doesn't really need it that much.

Wild Shadow
thor has created lightning shield auras when he is pissed ala storms shield.. he has used his lightning to scare off and hurt guys like warlock and Silver surfer at the same time..

and he has summoned it to try and take down drax which didnt work out that well for him but still he uses lightning too he just doesnt need to rely on it when he has other various energy power attacks

Colossus-Big C
i wonder do they actually command it from nature or is it magical

Wild Shadow
both.. when he is in space i would say it is just magic but on earth it can be both sometimes i say its just normal lightning...

like when he got pissed at ironman and washington DC had a lightning storm corresponding to thor's mood

amnesia
the storms are apparently loves to serve Thor.

psycho gundam
thor can do whatever he wants with that shit, simple as that

FOOM
I think Thor is not shown manipulating the lightening with as much versatiulity as Storm only becasue he has so much more raw power at his disposal so he has not needed to. As "The God of Thunder" I would think he could more with it... even deny Storm its power if he wanted. I have no evidence to back this up - it just seems reasonable to me - after all he is a god.

1. Zeus, 2. Thor, 3. Storm

Bentley
Why must heroes always solve their problems fighting?

Thor gives everyone an erotic massage... With lightning.

Warlord
I see Martian Mind conveinced you about this wink

Lord Feron
Zues, Thor, I have to believe shazam is up there but i do not know of his feats.

Q99
well storm depends entirely on it, but i think if Thor really wanted he could cancel it out.

(This is a theory obviously)

I think you're right, but I also think Storm's better in terms of actual use/skill with it.

Thor's got more power and much more electricity immunity, though.

---
The Marvels only call their transformation lightning, and can sometimes charge their punches, but don't have much variety of uses.

Shazam, I haven't seen him do lightning other than provide the transformation lightning for that matter, though I'm sure he could do more, being a mage and not just a lightning-empowered hero.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor is above and beyond Storm in terms of weather based powers. He is the storm and weather willingly serves Thor with pride. Thor's powers are also dimensional in part.

I've even read a scene where Storm states she envies Thor and his ability to command and stop weather as he does on a whim or something similar.

Storm without a doubt uses lightning with more skill on a day to day basis. Thor has always been about raw power.

Colossus-Big C
you think storm has better lightning than zeus

Black bolt z
Zues.The rest don't matter.

Colossus-Big C
can storm lift mljonir?

Rage.Of.Olympus
No she can't.

you think storm has better lightning than zeus

When did I say anything of the sort?

iceman24567
Static bloody Shock ftw

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No she can't.

When did I say anything of the sort? zeus really doesnt have that much lightning feats though besides being the god of lightninig

Colossus-Big C
No she can't.
how you know?

amnesia
zeus really doesnt have that much lightning feats though besides being the god of lightninig

Thor is the god of thunder, epic paradox

Colossus-Big C
Thor is the god of thunder, epic paradox you do know thunder and lightning is not the same though right?

amnesia
you do know thunder and lightning is not the same though right?

Obviously facepalm.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Obviously facepalm.jpg its facepalm no spaces

amnesia
its facepalm no spaces

I didn't know that, so thanks.

But it wasn't where i was going.

Colossus-Big C
I didn't know that, so thanks.

But it wasn't where i was going. what do you mean then

amnesia
what do you mean then

I don't know how i would explain it in English.

Rage.Of.Olympus
zeus really doesnt have that much lightning feats though besides being the god of lightninig

His lightning has been able to stalemate Thor's. I guess that's a feat.

how you know?

Because.....I read Thor comics?

Storm lifting Mjolnir makes much less sense that her failing to lift it. Why would she? Everyone from Balder to the Thing to Superman has failed. Even the people who have lifted it like Captain America and Superman briefly only did so because they were under special situations.

The only people to legitimately lift Mjolnir are Beta Ray Bill, Odin, and Dargo Ktor. Even for Dargo it could be argued that him lifting Mjolnir was due to the circumstances he found himself in. His future was a mess with Loki running amok.

Colossus-Big C
zeus held mljonir and would of keep holding it untill thor called it back

also i looked back over the comic thor fough zeus and thor said zeus has greater control and zeus even leveld him with lightning

Rage.Of.Olympus
zeus held mljonir and would of keep holding it untill thor called it back

also i looked back over the comic thor fough zeus and thor said zeus has greater control and zeus even leveld him with lightning

Zeus didn't truly hold Mjolnir. He stopped it's flight for literally a panel. Thor didn't actively will it back either.

Incorrect. Thor said that since Zeus is his elder, he was more experienced in using lightning. Nothing more.

Leveled him? We have very different definitions of the word then. The most he ever did in that fight was knock Thor off his feet.

amnesia

Because.....I read Thor comics?

You do?

Colossus-Big C
thats still holding it, thor said he doesnt know how he did that. and isnt the enchantment also that no one can stop its flight?
and zues knocked him down repeated times with lightning and even punched him into the ground and thor was even crying

im on my iphone so go to the zeus respect forums and get the scans

Rage.Of.Olympus
thats still holding it, thor said he doesnt know how he did that. and isnt the enchantment also that no one can stop its flight?
and zues knocked him down repeated times with lightning and even punched him into the ground and thor was even crying

im on my iphone so go to the zeus respect forums and get the scans

No it's not. He stopped it in mid flight for a panel.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus3.jpg

He said no such thing. Here is the scene, exactly as I described it:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus1.jpg

No, the enchantment isn't that nothing can halt Mjolnir, the enchantment is that nothing, no barrier or force, can stop Mjolnir from returning to Thor. Especially when he actively tries to control it. Which is exactly what happened in this fight.

I have the scans on hand.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Thor Annual 8

Zeus vs Thor
-------------
A few things to take note of in this fight is that Zeus was never going all out and it was never his intention to kill Thor only to stop his interference in the battle of Troy.

Thor admits Zeus control of Weather is superior to his and is also easily physically overpowered by Zeus

http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5281/e0d35e52803564.gif http://thumbnails22.imagebam.com/5281/753e8852803567.gif http://thumbnails4.imagebam.com/5281/75a65352803569.gif http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5281/cfffb952803572.gif http://thumbnails20.imagebam.com/5281/17090d52803575.gif http://thumbnails7.imagebam.com/5281/9e877952803579.gif

http://thumbnails20.imagebam.com/5281/f2438052803582.gif http://thumbnails21.imagebam.com/5281/d5c49f52803584.gif http://thumbnails22.imagebam.com/5281/8c4a7352803586.gif

Colossus-Big C
he said the exact words no one save thor or odin can hault mljonir in its path
and zeus replied well you better add me to that list then
then thor replied he doesnt know how he was able to that

Rage.Of.Olympus
he said the exact words no one save thor or odin can hault mljonir in its path
and zeus replied well you better add me to that list then
then thor replied he doesnt know how he was able to that

And? That proves what?

Your stance is that Zeus actually held Mjolnir and would have kept holding it if Thor didn't wield it back. That's obviously not the case. Zeus at best halted it's flight. Which is exactly what I've been arguing.

Do you even know what your stance is?

Colossus-Big C
if that was the case it would of instantly drop from his arms
theres many times were mljonir was placed in somes hands and instantly dropped
and no one has ever haulted mljonirs flight before its an enchantment againts that also

Rage.Of.Olympus
if that was the case it would of instantly drop from his arms
theres many times were mljonir was placed in somes hands and instantly dropped
and no one has ever haulted mljonirs flight before its an enchantment againts that also

Christ. You do know that said scene only lasted for literally a panel and then Mjolnir returned to Thor's hand? If we had seen Zeus actually hold Mjolnir you'd have an argument.

He simply halted it's flight and it immediately sped away from his hands.

Since when has there been an enchantment on Mjolnir that says nothing can bar it's way or halt it's flight? Mjolnir has bounced off of objects in the past or been stopped.

It all depends on how much power Thor puts behind his throw.

There's a difference between what Zeus accomplished and actually holding Mjolnir.

Here Bor is able to actively hold Mjolnir:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/BorvsThor9.jpg

This is what Zeus does:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsZeus3.jpg

There is a difference. If Bor had only stopped the hammer and the immediate panel afterwards showed Mjolnir speeding away from Bor's hand, then what he accomplshed would be no different from what Zeus did.

HandOfFate
Thor
Shazam
Captain Marvel
Storm
Zeus
Thunder strike
BRB
Magneto
Jesus Cable
Morg
Static shock
living lightning
Black Adam
Thanos
Flash

Zeus should win due to sheer power and Thor coming in a close second

Storm has shown the best manipulation though.

Badabing
Thor
Shazam
Captain Marvel
Storm
Zeus
Thunder strike
BRB
Magneto
Jesus Cable
Morg
Static shock
living lightning
Black Adam
Thanos
Flash Win a fight against who?

Shazam gets his lightning abilities from Zeus. Thor and Storm's come from their own powers. Shazam would kick their asses if it were any other kind of fight but Thor and Storm are better with lightning. I"d put Storm over Thor tho. She's much better with it than he is. Shazam is a skyfather wizard who went against DOV Specter. Captain Marvel gets his powers from the Greek Pantheon.

GalacticStorm
Zeus is definitely number one. Its not all about skill with lightning manipulation when it comes to determining the winner. Youve also got to factor in the stamina and durability of the characters involved. Storm wouldnt even be in the top 5 regardless of how superior her skill level may be to most others on the list. She has human durability and if shes limited to just her lightning then her human stamina wouldnt be able to keep up with others like Thor, Shazam, and Black Adam. So when her stamina fails her and some of the attacking opponents lightning seeps through then her very human durability makes it game over for her.

Badabing
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Zeus is definitely number one. Its not all about skill with lightning manipulation when it comes to determining the winner. Youve also got to factor in the stamina and durability of the characters involved. Storm wouldnt even be in the top 5 regardless of how superior her skill level may be to most others on the list. She has human durability and if shes limited to just her lightning then her human stamina wouldnt be able to keep up with others like Thor, Shazam, and Black Adam. So when her stamina fails her and some of the attacking opponents lightning seeps through then her very human durability makes it game over for her. Well, look who came out of retirement. mmm

stick out tongue

Welcome back.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Badabing
Well, look who came out of retirement. mmm

stick out tongue

Welcome back.

Wow, theyre making anyone moderators these days stick out tongue laughing out loud

Im studying again and now im on a looooong summer break so yh im back big grin

rotiart
Assuming they are actually fightin each other... I doubt anyone harms Zeus with lightning... But then the same would be said for the living lightning or Thor...

As to who simply ha the best displays of it Zeus Thor then storm... Her space feat gathering the ions in the ai to surprise surfer puts her up there but guys like Thor and Zeus don't have actual science based limitations...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by rotiart
Assuming they are actually fightin each other... I doubt anyone harms Zeus with lightning... But then the same would be said for the living lightning or Thor...

As to who simply ha the best displays of it Zeus Thor then storm... Her space feat gathering the ions in the ai to surprise surfer puts her up there but guys like Thor and Zeus don't have actual science based limitations...

You dont think that Storm would come in the top 3 though right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.