Silver Surfer the Team Buster guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lightyeargee
Surfer gets full rest and must defeat each team with as little effort as possible. No killing or maiming. No BFR or BFD

1.The Fan Four
2. Colossus,Iceman,Darwin,Rogue
3.Donna Troy,Raven,Superboy
4.Argent,Captain Marvel Jr.,Starfire
5.Makkari,Firestorm,Quasar
6.Wally,Kyle with last GL ring, and Captain Atom
7.Superman,Wonder Woman,Thor

Stoic
Gets dumped at 7

Rage.Of.Olympus
He could make it to 6.

lightyeargee
I think five is going to stop him.

Black bolt z
He has the possibility to stop at 5 and 6 but loses defintily at 7.

Slaanesh
probably stop at 6

dmills
Probably 5. Definitly 6.

iceman24567
5 most likely 6 stops him hard in his tracks

D_Dude1210
stops at 6 for sure.

axelraptor
stops at 5 or 6

Warlord
stops at 5.

5>6 IMO

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by axelraptor
stops at 5 or 6

Mshinu
Stops at 5.

Q99
Hm, I'm trying to picture what Rogue'd be like if she absorbed power from Colossus, Iceman, and Darwin and was using them together like she's done a few times recently.

Angel Watching
Stops at 6

Lord Feron
Stop at six and if shit happens dead at 7.

mykke
5 slows him to a crawl 6 wins 7 destroys

celeyhyga17
Quasar and Firestorm can do some really creative stuff with their power sets. Sprinkle in a bit of Makkari and they have a pretty good chance to end the gauntlet at 5. Definitely stops at 6 though.

mykke
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Quasar and Firestorm can do some really creative stuff with their power sets. Sprinkle in a bit of Makkari and they have a pretty good chance to end the gauntlet at 5. Definitely stops at 6 though.
agreed 100%

Naija boy
stops at 6

Warlord
How people think he will loose to 6 but he will however pass 5 is beyond me... confused

Slaanesh
5 is not as powerful as 6

Warlord
with the exception of Wally vs Makari, Quasar has an edge over Kyle due to unlimited power source and Firestorm is arguably more impressive than Captain Atom

Slaanesh
i have to disagree..i put Kyle above Quasar and Capt Atom above Firestorm..

Warlord
Quasar has sheer force feats to easilly match Kyle and in the current match, unlike Kyle, he cannot be drained by surfer. as for atom, he usually jobs while FS's powerset makes him much more dangerous

Slaanesh
well..as u know..i don't agree that a lantern power can be easily drain by someone else..and Atom is more powerful than Firestorm..i don't see him having much trouble handling Firestorm..

celeyhyga17
Wally > Makkari
Kyle = Wendell
CA > Firestorm (slightly better)

Warlord
Originally posted by Slaanesh
well..as u know..i don't agree that a lantern power can be easily drain by someone else..and Atom is more powerful than Firestorm..i don't see him having much trouble handling Firestorm..

easilly, no. but from someone like quasar or surfer for our case who have made a career draining energy users I don't see it being difficult.
as for atom, he might be more powerful potential wise but Firestorma has definitely more options in a fight being more versatile

Warlord
Wally > Makkari - yes
Kyle = Wendell - only if Kyle = Hal...wink
CA > Firestorm (slightly better) - nah...

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Warlord
easilly, no. but from someone like quasar or surfer for our case who have made a career draining energy users I don't see it being difficult.
as for atom, he might be more powerful potential wise but Firestorma has definitely more options in a fight being more versatile

top tier lantern can drain energy too..so i don't think anyone can drain their power..and they have better control over Oan Energy..even if it's Thor..i would never agree that they can drain a top tier GL..

why is Firestorm more versatile..he can transmute matter..that is the only thing he got better than Atom..Atom is stronger..more durable..faster..more powerful..have better absorption ability..how is firestorm more versatile??

Warlord
top tier lantern can drain energy too..so i don't think anyone can drain their power..and they have better control over Oan Energy..even if it's Thor..i would never agree that they can drain a top tier GL..

why is Firestorm more versatile..he can transmute matter..that is the only thing he got better than Atom..Atom is stronger..more durable..faster..more powerful..have better absorption ability..how is firestorm more versatile??

it has happened however a fair ammont of times in comics. While a top tier Lantern could resist, they have ended up drained before. The fact that you do not accept it means little when the comics say otherwise.
we can still agree to dissagree but there are instances to prove you wrong.

as for atom:
he is stronger and more durable I give you that.
Faster? I've never seen such a thing in comics. Better energy absorption? When was this shown? when FS failed to absorb anything energy based? Firestorm is more versatile by having endless options via mater manipulation and in addition he has the ability to go intangible and generally manipulate his own mass

D_Dude1210
I def put classic Wendell equal to top-tier GL's power-wise and will give him the win due to his powerset w/c allowed him some crazy energy draining feats that he's been able to pull off (the Quantum constructs used to double as energy siphons as much as they were force constructs). But current Wendell seems to have been powered down to Nova Prime-level (way below Surfer level).

Warlord
From his current stuff I've read only the Imperrative titles...let's see how this goes

Slaanesh
it has happened however a fair ammont of times in comics. While a top tier Lantern could resist, they have ended up drained before. The fact that you do not accept it means little when the comics say otherwise.
we can still agree to dissagree but there are instances to prove you wrong.

as for atom:
he is stronger and more durable I give you that.
Faster? I've never seen such a thing in comics. Better energy absorption? When was this shown? when FS failed to absorb anything energy based? Firestorm is more versatile by having endless options via mater manipulation and in addition he has the ability to go intangible and generally manipulate his own mass

well..if i'm not mistaken..they are also instance where they have resist being drain..who have completely drain a top tier GL aside from Manhunter??wait..forget it..even if it happen..i'm just gonna say it's PIS..

damn..i said faster huh..my mistake than..
hem..i just think Atom has better showing of energy absorption..i don't have any proof thou..i think i already told u before..if i think someone is more powerful..i would give him the win..

Warlord
wait..forget it..even if it happen..i'm just gonna say it's PIS..

damn..i said faster huh..my mistake than..
hem..i just think Atom has better showing of energy absorption..i don't have any proof thou..i think i already told u before..if i think someone is more powerful..i would give him the win..

ok...let's dissagree then... wink

on both cases..

celeyhyga17
Wally > Makkari - yes
Kyle = Wendell - only if Kyle = Hal...wink
CA > Firestorm (slightly better) - nah...

Dunno man. I think Hal > Wendell.

Warlord
Dunno man. I think Hal > Wendell.

power levels at 70%.....

power levels at 54%.....

power levels at 32%......

pow....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

celeyhyga17
power levels at 70%.....

power levels at 54%.....

power levels at 32%......

pow....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Power levels at 60%

Power levels at 50%

Power levels at 40%

*pow* Hal KO's Wendell.

Warlord
Power levels at 60%

Power levels at 50%

Power levels at 40%

*pow* Hal KO's Wendell.

who's power would remain itact and he has gone toe to toe with the surfer before (at least at classic version)?

I don't think so...
Even more so when the power drop happens in a matter of seconds

lightyeargee
who's power would remain itact and he has gone toe to toe with the surfer before (at least at classic version)?

I don't think so...
Even more so when the power drop happens in a matter of seconds That isn't how Kyle's last GL ring worked. It was superior to all other GL rings.

Warlord
Originally posted by lightyeargee
That isn't how Kyle's last GL ring worked. It was superior to all other GL rings.

it didn't have the yellow flaw. it still needed charge

lightyeargee
it didn't have the yellow flaw. it still needed charge It needed to be charged afye days and days of use. Takion drainwd that ring and it recharged on it's own mid battle.

Warlord
It needed to be charged afye days and days of use. Takion drainwd that ring and it recharged on it's own mid battle.

yeah...we agree that it can be drained then...

lightyeargee
yeah...we agree that it can be drained then... Takiom is greater than quasar and silver surfer. And even then the draining was over loading him.Also, Takion specifically was draining him due to him being the source, so he literally powers everything in the dcu, in a way. It was explained. The only other times we see rings being drained is by the manhunters who also charge them. Kinda like Takion who powers all energy in dcu.

Warlord
Takiom is greater than quasar and silver surfer. And even then the draining was over loading him.

Takion doesn't have energy draining feats to suggest he is greater...all he has is the"avatar of the source" nickname

lightyeargee
Takion doesn't have energy draining feats to suggest he is greater...all he has is the"avatar of the source" nickname Besides draining flash speed force, kyle's special ring, and the quantum force from CA all at the same time? Or his immense battle with stayne? Or him being able to combine his energies with highfather?come now.

Warlord
Besides draining flash speed force, kyle's special ring, and the quantum force from CA all at the same time?

I'm confused now...did he manage to drain the ring along with all the other things too or the ring overloaded him?

Anywaythe ring can be drained and I don't see why Surfer or Quasar would have problems doing so...
I don't remmebr failing before

lightyeargee
I'm confused now...did he manage to drain the ring along with all the other things too or the ring overloaded him?

Anywaythe ring can be drained and I don't see why Surfer or Quasar would have problems doing so...
I don't remmebr failing before He drained all 3 at once without trying to. Something quasar nore surfer could do. Also it was because the source powers everything. Surfer nor Quasar have that advantage.

lightyeargee
Kyle also drained energy from a cosmic cube so I don't see anyone draining him without the chance that he will just drain them and repower himself.

Warlord
hmmm from overloaded by the ring to drained it without even trying...nice...Also in MU power cosmic powers everything and the quantum energy is the origin point of every kind of energy but darkforce. So considering this I'd say quasar might have problems draining let's say Obsidian but as for Kyle I can see him doing exactly what Takion did. Surfer too

D_Dude1210
He wouldn't drain the ring's power. His constructs would drain the energy from the GL ring's constructs and force them to shatter while making his own constructs stronger.

Warlord
Kyle also drained energy from a cosmic cube so I don't see anyone draining him without the chance that he will just drain them and repower himself. He would drain surfer or quasar?
unlike a GL ring never seen this happening...

Warlord
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
He wouldn't drain the ring's power. His constructs would drain the energy from the GL ring's constructs and force them to shatter while making his own constructs stronger.

he could drain the ring as well...Amazo did it in seconds to Hal

D_Dude1210
he could drain the ring as well...Amazo did it in seconds to Hal

Why would he need to, tho?

Warlord
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Why would he need to, tho?

just for the show smokin'

lightyeargee
The ring drained by Amazo was specifically because of Amazo's power siphoning tech that allowed him to copy the powers. Surfer Nor quasar have that kind of abiilities.

Warlord
Quasar and Surfer do not have energy siphoning abilities?

Also Amazo's powers are power duplication not drain in general.
He just did it to reboot

the instance just prooves that the rings can be drained

lightyeargee
Quasar and Surfer do not have energy siphoning abilities?

Also Amazo's powers are power duplication not drain in general.
He just did it to reboot

the instance just prooves that the rings can be drained your reasoning is terrible.Takion whi by proxy powers every thing inthe dcu drains kyle because he is the source of said power. Captain atom and Flash both have unlimited power soirces and yet they were drained too. Quasar and Surfer do not have Takion's abilities.The manhunter Robots also recharge the rings. Another specific that niether quasar nor surfer can do. And Amazo siphon's abilities. That is how he copies. Another ability neither quasar nor surfer do. They do not siphon copy. I'd need to see surfer drain Quasar or Quasar drain Surfer in order to believe they could drain a GL who can also drain energy.

Warlord
your reasoning is terrible.Takion whi by proxy powers every thing inthe dcu drains kyle because he is the source of said power. Captain atom and Flash both have unlimited power soirces and yet they were drained too. Quasar and Surfer do not have Takion's abilities.The manhunter Robots also recharge the rings. Another specific that niether quasar nor surfer can do. And Amazo siphon's abilities. That is how he copies. Another ability neither quasar nor surfer do. They do not siphon copy. I'd need to see surfer drain Quasar or Quasar drain Surfer in order to believe they could drain a GL who can also drain energy.

lol you are actually saying that every time amazo copies a powerset he drains his tardet. meaning all the heroes fighting him are drained at that time...no. that's not the case. Amazo just copies powersets

you also say takion can do it cause he comands the source of energy in DC. Surfer and quasar comand it in MU.

For those who consider JLA Avengers cannon even Monica Rambeau drianed Kyle

Warlord
Hell Doctor Light has done it too IIRC...what kind of special power does he have that Quasar or Surfer lack?

lightyeargee
lol you are actually saying that every time amazo copies a powerset he drains his tardet. meaning all the heroes fighting him are drained at that time...no. that's not the case. Amazo just copies powersets

you also say takion can do it cause he comands the source of energy in DC. Surfer and quasar comand it in MU.

For those who consider JLA Avengers cannon even Monica Rambeau drianed Kyle Lets get some things str8. The last GL ring which Kyle had was NOT the one he has now. It was different and more powerful. Surfer and Quasar do not command the source of power in Marvel. That would be the Heart of the universe or the power gem depending on how you look at it. Amazo siphon opies. At any rate, he has the GL power so he drains them with said power. Surfer and Quasar do not have the GL power. And since you think they just drain the ring, what happens if they are immediately absorbed into the ring? It's been done and there is no escaping unless the ring bearer lets you out.

Warlord
Lets get some things str8. The last GL ring which Kyle had was NOT the one he has now. It was different and more powerful. Surfer and Quasar do not command the source of power in Marvel. That would be the Heart of the universe or the power gem depending on how you look at it. Amazo siphon opies. At any rate, he has the GL power so he drains them with said power. Surfer and Quasar do not have the GL power. And since you think they just drain the ring, what happens if they are immediately absorbed into the ring? It's been done and there is no escaping unless the ring bearer lets you out.

OK Amazo drains powers. That's why Superman or Wonder Woman have no powers when they fight.

OK Surfer and Quasar do not command the source of ENERGY in MU. Energy does not originate from the quantum zone and the power cosmic despite it is said so multiple times. It does come from the power gem. eek!

OK surfer and quasar would get drained by the ring cause in comics we see a GL absobing people more often than the ring being absorbed

lightyeargee
OK Amazo drains powers. That's why Superman or Wonder Woman have no powers when they fight.

OK Surfer and Quasar do not command the source of ENERGY in MU. Energy does not originate from the quantum zone and the power cosmic despite it is said so multiple times. It does come from the power gem. eek!

OK surfer and quasar would get drained by the ring cause in comics we see a GL absobing people more often than the ring being absorbed The Source powers everything in the DCU. The Power gem or Heart power everything in the MU. The power cosmic and the quantum zones would be nothing more than extentions of the heart. Superman and Wonder Womando get siphoned when Smazo fights them and then he copies. Didn't say he drained them, just that he siphons. Once amazo siphon's a GL's power he then an act like a battery and drain then. In every ase you mentioned, there is some connection to actual GL power to them being drained. Surfer nor Quasar have actual GL power. Monica even had to opy Kyle's power first, before she could drain him. She had to become Will Power. Quasar nor Surfer are doing that.Also as I stated in theOP, this is Kyle's classsic uber ring. Not some weak sauce charged ring.

Warlord
The Source powers everything in the DCU. The Power gem or Heart power everything in the MU. The power cosmic and the quantum zones would be nothing more than extentions of the heart. Superman and Wonder Womando get siphoned when Smazo fights them and then he copies. Didn't say he drained them, just that he siphons. Once amazo siphon's a GL's power he then an act like a battery and drain then. In every ase you mentioned, there is some connection to actual GL power to them being drained. Surfer nor Quasar have actual GL power. Monica even had to opy Kyle's power first, before she could drain him. She had to become Will Power. Quasar nor Surfer are doing that.Also as I stated in theOP, this is Kyle's classsic uber ring. Not some weak sauce charged ring.

totally wrong...she just needed to find the correct energy frequency to drain the ring. something which Surfer and Quasar can do much more easilly....
the power gem has nothing to do with energy. POwer cosmic is the source of all ENERGY types in Marvel as is the quantum zone with the exception of darkforce.

Amazo does NOT drain heroes. at least not on his casual apearances.
They retain their powers against him. He is just too powerful for them. What you are discribing is the parasite.

lightyeargee
totally wrong...she just needed to find the correct energy frequency to drain the ring. something which Surfer and Quasar can do much more easilly....
the power gem has nothing to do with energy. POwer cosmic is the source of all ENERGY types in Marvel as is the quantum zone with the exception of darkforce.

Amazo does NOT drain heroes. at least not on his casual apearances.
They retain their powers against him. He is just too powerful for them. What you are discribing is the parasite. Again your logic is flawed. If Takion where fighting surfer, I would say Takioncould depower the power cosmic because the source does not power the power cosmic. On the other Hand, he could depower Quasar since the source does power Quantum energy. Surfer Nor Quasar power the emotion of will power. Also, The heart of the universe powers the power cosmic. It is Marvel's the source. Also, when Monica and GL were fighting, Kyle had his weaker ring. The ION saga was concluded then. No more dual might ring. His uber ring was osmic and magical. Quasar and surfer will not be easily synthesizing that ring. By the time they ould they would be Ko'd. Plus for this gauntlet, Kyle has Captain Atom who is an uber absorber in his own right. How again would surfer absorb Kyle's double powered ring while fighting off CA and Flash? In any ase every time a GL is drained that I an recall, it's by something or someone with emotion based power themselves or a battery like the Manhunters. Sorry for errors. On cell.

lightyeargee
Meant to say I would not say Takion ould drain surfer because the source does not power the power cosmic.

Warlord
Again your logic is flawed. If Takion where fighting surfer, I would say Takioncould depower the power cosmic because the source does not power the power cosmic. On the other Hand, he could depower Quasar since the source does power Quantum energy. Surfer Nor Quasar power the emotion of will power. Also, The heart of the universe powers the power cosmic. It is Marvel's the source. Also, when Monica and GL were fighting, Kyle had his weaker ring. The ION saga was concluded then. No more dual might ring. His uber ring was osmic and magical. Quasar and surfer will not be easily synthesizing that ring. By the time they ould they would be Ko'd. Plus for this gauntlet, Kyle has Captain Atom who is an uber absorber in his own right. How again would surfer absorb Kyle's double powered ring while fighting off CA and Flash? In any ase every time a GL is drained that I an recall, it's by something or someone with emotion based power themselves or a battery like the Manhunters. Sorry for errors. On cell.

again, no. the quantum zone of MU =/= quantum energy in DC.
weaker ring or not (whic I don't remember being stated) Monica was able to drain him via energy manipulation something the even new ring has not defences against.
The new ring being magical in natur is something I hear ffor the first time and maybe I'm wrong in this. I would say Surfer or Quasar would have a hard time draining Allan Scott. A common GL ring however, that they can do. Again Dr Light has done it and it was NOT emotional based. Just like Amazo...

Finally: I have no doubt that team 6 can beat Surfer...what I was saying all allong is that team 5 have equal chances

bye for now wink

lightyeargee
again, no. the quantum zone of MU =/= quantum energy in DC.
weaker ring or not (whic I don't remember being stated) Monica was able to drain him via energy manipulation something the even new ring has not defences against.
The new ring being magical in natur is something I hear ffor the first time and maybe I'm wrong in this. I would say Surfer or Quasar would have a hard time draining Allan Scott. A common GL ring however, that they can do. Again Dr Light has done it and it was NOT emotional based. Just like Amazo...

Finally: I have no doubt that team 6 can beat Surfer...what I was saying all allong is that team 5 have equal chances

bye for now wink You missed it. Kyle's old ring was the magical and cosmic one. The one monica absorbed was the newer weaker one. And dr. Light controls light. Surfer and Quasar don't do that do they?

D_Dude1210
You missed it. Kyle's old ring was the magical and cosmic one. The one monica absorbed was the newer weaker one. And dr. Light controls light. Surfer and Quasar don't do that do they?

Do you even READ any comics with Surfer and Quasar in it??? >_<

celeyhyga17
Takion doesn't have energy draining feats to suggest he is greater...all he has is the"avatar of the source" nickname

who is above Quasar. he's in a different league.

Warlord
You missed it. Kyle's old ring was the magical and cosmic one. The one monica absorbed was the newer weaker one. And dr. Light controls light. Surfer and Quasar don't do that do they?

they do actually...Surfer can do it easily power cosmic can affect light as well. quantum energy is the source of electromagnetic spectrum (which includes light) among others

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.