2 Covenant Hunters vs 6 Covenant Brutes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kodiak430
Who would win in a battle?

RE: Blaxican
Hunters.

In Halo 2 you actually get a set of Hunters as allies when you're the arbiter and they tear through a room of Brutes, Grunts, and Jackals.

Derelite
ehh idk.. brutes are pretty good fighters, im not sure the hunters would win..

Obsidian Fury
The Mgalekgolo (Covenant Hunters) weight almost five ton and can more or less take a tank round point-blank. They would plow through six Brutes as if they were humans, and their weapons would be shrugged of without much harm.

It would of course depend a lot on the setting. In narrow passages, indoors or in the forest the Hunters would win, while on more open fields the Brutes would take them down. They are faster and while nowhere near as durable or as strong, they can avoid and gun down.

Derelite
i was actually thinking an open area. but you're right, in close quarters the hunters would easily win

Darkstorm Zero
IDK about that, Hunters exel in open areas, and while they arn't as fast as Brutes are, they more than make up for it in long range bombardment and firepower.

Those arm cannons have both Fuel Rod Launchers and Beam/Burst fire capability, which overshadows common brute firepower by quite a few margins.

Derelite
yeahh but if you've played the game you'll know that there cannons are slow and easy to maneuver away from, especially in an open area. you may be right though idk

Darkstorm Zero
Brutes arn't quite that tactically intelligent. Given that they outnumber the Hunters 3 to 1, the most common strategy is to surround and wittle down the opponent.

The Hunters however, can simply stand back to ack and plow through any cover the Brutes use, and smash right through them. So unless the Brutes are packing fuel rod launchers, they can't liquidate the Hunters very easily, since most Brute weapons wouldn't get through their armour.

Derelite
yeahh its hard to tell without knowing the weapons that the brutes are using... if they are heavily armed with fuel rod cannons and brute shot grenade launchers they would most likely win, otherwise, i'm gna hav to go with the hunters

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Since the OP did not list what weapons the Brutes had, you kind of have to assume which party would win overall. Of course knowing the equipment does change the outcome, but that creates a "what if" scenario which is bad for hypothetical battles since "what if" conditions create exceptions to what "would" most likely happen. And exceptions to victory are generally bad for hypothetical battles.

Overall Hunters win because once Brutes go berserk they only do melee attacks which Hunters are basically immune to.

If Brutes get vehicles, rocket launchers, fuel rod canon's, sniper rifles, etc then the advantage goes to Brutes. But then again this is a what if scenario...

kodiak430
2/6 brutes hav grav hammers, the rest have brute shots

wammamram
im going with the brutes, unless the hunter are fast enough to avoid the grav ham

Darkstorm Zero
Grav hammers suggest cheftain level brutes... It is the one rank lower than Tartarus... What is this spite?

Ms.Marvel
i think a hunter could go toe to toe with even a gravity hammer.

wammamram
not me, brutes are faster, therefore suggesting that brutes would just hit the hunter with the grav hammers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.