Old Man Logan sequal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
http://comics.ign.com/articles/110/1102947p1.html

Millar hasn't pitched it yet, but he is planing it now... and really, is Marvel going to say no to Millar?

Old Man Logan ended with Wolverine riding off into the sunset with a baby Hulk. If there is one story that has even more potential to kick ass than Unforgiven with Wolverine, it's Lone Wolf and Cub with Wolverine and a Hulk baby. Okay Millar, do your thing and sign me up for Logan and Cub!

... I just hope it lives up to the potential of the idea, which Old Man Logan sadly did not.

Ize19
I've always felt that Marvel's attempts at creating "manga versions" of Wolverine were way off base, and, whenever I was asked what the "proper" way to create one of these would be, Lone Wolf and Cub was always my example!

The tale of a wronged man, who wanders the nation, helping who he can, walking the path of Meifumado, skirting the line between life and death, a man who stands as the noble ideal, who seeks vengeance against those who have dishonored him, while trying to raise his son along that path as well, to ensure his survival... how is any of that NOT Wolverine! Honestly, the way Daniel Way described his Origins run, I really thought it would be Wolverine: Lone Wolf and Cub, minus the cub. Unfortunately, it turned out nothing like that.

Now, once more, we see the opportunity for a Wolverine: Lone Wolf and Cub concept, this time, with the cub! Granted, this might turn out the same as Origins, but who knows? All I can say is, if Millar is serious about this, and brings his A-Game to the Old Man Logan sequel, then sign me up!

vansonbee
I wonder if OLD Man storyline will inter-tween with Hooded Man & Hulk Jr time line (Fantastic Four arc).

Kazenji
Looking foward to it i liked Old Man Logan alot

never read the Fantastic Four arc that he was in.

roughrider
OML was a gigantic Wolverine wank off. I'm a fan of the character, but it just feeds his worst fanboys, storylines like that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by roughrider
OML was a gigantic Wolverine wank off. I'm a fan of the character, but it just feeds his worst fanboys, storylines like that.

lol

He drove a car for six issues and then got eaten by the Hulk. LOOOOOOOK OUT FOR WOLVERINE!!!!!!!!!! dur

The Nuul

Lol how was there wanking? He traveled for the most part.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul
Lol how was there wanking? He traveled for the most part.

Because he's the one beating all the old villains when so many more powerful heroes got killed off.
And you notice what they do with these stories, like Wolverine: The End? Put it 50 years in the future and it's like he's aged in real time, when he's already 130+ years old and looks like a man in his prime.

srankmissingnin
He beat an old emaciated Red Skull and then got eaten by the Hulk...

thats it.

Battlehammer
no your not at all. your clearly a hater and this is evidences by just how ignorant this and your statement below arem you clearly never even read the arc.

Because he's the one beating all the old villains when so many more powerful heroes got killed off.
And you notice what they do with these stories, like Wolverine: The End? Put it 50 years in the future and it's like he's aged in real time, when he's already 130+ years old and looks like a man in his prime.
.......are you ****ing kidding me......he beat an elderly red skull who actual was kicking his ass most of the fight........and the hulk ate him........and wolverine stabbed throw his stomack.....that was it......and hulk was crazy and old as shit.

it was from stress which is obvious.......becuase 500 years in the future he looks young again when he gotten over the stress........

roughrider
Originally posted by Battlehammer
no your not at all. your clearly a hater and this is evidences by just how ignorant this and your statement below arem you clearly never even read the arc.

.......are you ****ing kidding me......he beat an elderly red skull who actual was kicking his ass most of the fight........and the hulk ate him........and wolverine stabbed throw his stomack.....that was it......and hulk was crazy and old as shit.

it was from stress which is obvious.......becuase 500 years in the future he looks young again when he gotten over the stress........

No. Obviously, I did read the arc. Otherwise, I couldn't share my opinion about it being a gigantic wank fest. You should think before you put your words down. That I didn't care for this story doesn't qualify me as a hater, since I already said I am a fan of the character.

The wanking in that story extends to the beginning, where Logan - under a delusion by Mysterio - manages to kill virtually all the X-Men thinking they're arch villains instead. So they all go down like a bunch of lawn ninjas to Logan? I. Don't. Think. So.

He got aged more quickly by stress? roll eyes (sarcastic) Logan's whole life has been one long stressful tragedy from the time he left home; all the death he saw before the X-Men didn't affect him like that before.

vansonbee
No. Obviously, I did read the arc. Otherwise, I couldn't share my opinion about it being a gigantic wank fest. You should think before you put your words down. That I didn't care for this story doesn't qualify me as a hater, since I already said I am a fan of the character.

The wanking in that story extends to the beginning, where Logan - under a delusion by Mysterio - manages to kill virtually all the X-Men thinking they're arch villains instead. So they all go down like a bunch of lawn ninjas to Logan? I. Don't. Think. So.

He got aged more quickly by stress? roll eyes (sarcastic) Logan's whole life has been one long stressful tragedy from the time he left home; all the death he saw before the X-Men didn't affect him like that before. They were holding back. Didn't your first comment, states you read it?

Ironically Jubilee last the longest. lolz

roughrider
Originally posted by vansonbee
They were holding back. Didn't your first comment, states you read it?

Ironically Jubilee last the longest. lolz

Yes, I read it. I think after the few few go down they wouldn't be holding back, and be trying to restrain & stop him. They are heavy hitters on the team that CAN do that to him, batkick be damned. wink

Battlehammer

He got aged more quickly by stress? roll eyes (sarcastic) Logan's whole life has been one long stressful tragedy from the time he left home; all the death he saw before the X-Men didn't affect him like that before.
clearly you dident based off ignorant comments you made. how was it a wank fest he had barly impressive feats in it infact his impressive feats were him barly beat old version of characters based mainly on luck. yes it does when you state ignorant stuff. saying your a fan and being one are not the same.

really for some one who read it you seemd to have missed quite a bit. it was even stated the only reason he pulled it off was because they held back it was even stated if he was fighting actaul enemies he would have been easily defeated.

becuase none of it was closes to the amount of killing his entire family. He killed them all and it shatter him so badly he tried to kill him self, failedf and decided for fifty years never to fight again...........and again it clear it stress if you actual read the sequel, which take splace 500 years later were he is shown back to his normal self.

Battlehammer
so let me get this straight it a wank fest becuase

Logan going all out killed the x-men who were hold back, hell to the point it was stated Logan must have been delusional to think he could take that many superpower villains.

oh for kill a very old and dieing red skull who was kicking his ass the whole time

or lets see for kill a crazy old and weaken hulk by getting eaten......

yea what a wank fest roll eyes (sarcastic)

roughrider
Originally posted by Battlehammer
so let me get this straight it a wank fest becuase

Logan going all out killed the x-men who were hold back, hell to the point it was stated Logan must have been delusional to think he could take that many superpower villains.

oh for kill a very old and dieing red skull who was kicking his ass the whole time

or lets see for kill a crazy old and weaken hulk by getting eaten......

yea what a wank fest roll eyes (sarcastic)

Since you can't even use proper grammar in a sentence, it makes me wonder if you are old enough to have a debate.

It's a wankfest for confirming that Logan is the most powerful X-Man who could kill them all while in a delusional state, when the truth is after the first few go down the others should be able to stop & restrain him.

And it's a wankest for bringing out the old notion that he and the Hulk can be virtual equals in a fight, when even an aged Hulk should stomp him. Marvel just loves to have them fight no matter that they are in very different weight classes. Logan is the one who can save everyone else from the villains in the future - not Thor of course; his hammer just lies out there in the wastelands.

I think I liked this story better when it was called Hulk: Future Imperfect. wink

Bentley
Nah, but it confirms Johann is a beast and better in hand to hand than Logan.

Edit: Oh, I forgot the smilie: 131

Omgu8mynewt
Grrr stupid flame wars hijacking the thread.

I really liked Old man Logan, it was a cool story and would have worked well with a number of characters, and blind hawkeye was just funny and awesome. The gore in the last one was disgusting and it had a very good, more of a beginning.

I hope to god the same team make a sequel, the art in the book, especially the first few was very good

Digi
Battle, simmer down. Rough wasn't attacking you and you started in with the insults and accusations. You should know by now that there's better ways to debate.

willRules
Old Man Logan was fun. Didn't change the industry. Lots of problems with the story but it was silly fun. Over the top hack and slash, but the good kind. It was like watching Die Hard. It's not deep, thought provoking. It's not original. It's just a bit of well done, over the top fun.

Sometimes I just want some stabbings and explosions. Plus the art is gorgeous.

steverules_2
Originally posted by willRules
Old Man Logan was fun. Didn't change the industry. Lots of problems with the story but it was silly fun. Over the top hack and slash, but the good kind. It was like watching Die Hard. It's not deep, thought provoking. It's not original. It's just a bit of well done, over the top fun.

Sometimes I just want some stabbings and explosions. Plus the art is gorgeous.

I want you to name me another movie where a cop is in a building full of terrorists picking them off one by one whilst trying to stay a live

roughrider
Originally posted by steverules_2
I want you to name me another movie where a cop is in a building full of terrorists picking them off one by one whilst trying to stay a live

Masterminds? big grin

steverules_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterminds_(film)

Doesn't sound like die hard to me, plus die hard came before

willRules

Paul Blart: Mall Cop stick out tongue

What does that tell you about Die Hard and it's level of originality when movies that are direct parodies of it are more entertaining and original?

Omega Vision
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DieHardOnAnX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.