AOTC Obi Wan vs. AOTC Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Skywalker
I know most people think Obi Wan, but Anakin did better against Dooku.

Ms.Marvel
dooku was also playing with him.

obi-wan will win imo, because as rash and impulsive as anakin was in RotS hes even moreso in AotC. i see obi-wan just outting him through sheer experience

Zack Skywalker
The only reason I asked is Dooku seemed to be toying with Obi Wan and tried against Anakin and they seemed like equals.

Enyalus
Flip a coin.

I'd favor Obi-Wan very slightly for the same reasons he beat Vader on Mustafar - Anakin's overconfidence and Obi-Wan's familiarity with Anakin's style.

kodiak430
Obi Wan=jedi master
Anakin=padawan

Enyalus
Obi-Wan was still a Jedi Knight during AotC.

kodiak430
thats what i used to think, but i looked it up and it said he was a jedi master. anyways a jedi knight is still superior to a padawan. Obi wan wins this, no doubt

ares834
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
dooku was also playing with him.
Nah, the book says this. "For the first time, Count Dooku lost his little confident smile. He had to work furiously to keep Anakin's blade at bay, dodging more than parrying. He tried to step out to the side, but stopped as if he had hit a wall, and his eyes widened a bit when he realized that this young Padawan, in the midst of that assault, had used the Force to block his exit." In fact at one point Kenobi thinks Anakin has the advantage. If Dooku was playing with anyone it was Obi-Wan.

Still I'd give this to Obi-Wan.

ares834
Originally posted by kodiak430
thats what i used to think, but i looked it up and it said he was a jedi master. anyways a jedi knight is still superior to a padawan. Obi wan wins this, no doubt
Lol. This is a terrible argument.

kodiak430
nvm he was actually a knight. jeez so confusing!

Shoes
Not really.

Normally I would say Obi-Wan, and since this is a normal situation, I would say Obi-Wan.

kodiak430
Originally posted by Shoes
Not really. well arent you special smile

Council#13
Obi-Wins

kodiak430
Originally posted by ares834
Lol. This is a terrible argument. not really...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by kodiak430
not really... No, it is. Rank means shit in Star Wars. Unless of course you talk to Jedi Master Coleman Trebor. That guy's amazing.

Shoes
w8 but NG made anakin 9 and obi was 7 so i guess anakin

Pwned
What about the fact that Anakin still has nowhere close to mastery of his form, as he has been trained for about 7 or so years, and Obi-Wan probably knew Soresu since he was a child?

Zack Skywalker
Obi Wan didn't know Soresou until he was about 25, when he switched from Ataru. He was just as inexpeirenced as Anakin at his form

Gideon
Skywalker. Kenobi, to my knowledge, hadn't mastered Soresu to nearly the level he did in Revenge of the Sith, and Skywalker isn't a mentally deranged semi-Sith yet. Add to the fact that Count Dooku clearly regarded Skywalker as a more formidable and dangerous adversary than Kenobi, and I'll side with the good Count on this one.

Galan007
^ Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.