OT Vader vs CW Grievous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kodiak430
Pretty self explanatory. Who wins?

Galan007
Originally posted by kodiak430
Who wins? The fella with TK.

Enyalus
Wurd. Force Crush wins this for Vader.

ares834
Vader crushes the General, literally.

kodiak430
I dont think it would be that easy erm general grievous is extremely strong and is an excellent lightsaber duelist

Galan007
I dont think it would be that easy erm general grievous is extremely strong and is an excellent lightsaber duelist ...Which is all quite moot when he's facing a guy who can (literally) crush him with the twitch of a finger. If this were a pure saber battle, then yes, GG would stomp -- but as it is, Vader wins easily.

kodiak430
yes but if you've seen the clone wars then you'll know that grievous took on 4 jedi at once and was victorious. not only that, but he was so fast that he was able to dodge their force pushes

ares834
yes but if you've seen the clone wars then you'll know that grievous took on 4 jedi at once and was victorious. not only that, but he was so fast that he was able to dodge their force pushes
I'd like to see someone dodge a force choke as it can seemingly "travel" instantaneously.

kodiak430
well i guess we'll never know about that will we? erm

Lord Lucien
The folly of our hypotheses.

Enyalus
yes but if you've seen the clone wars then you'll know that grievous took on 4 jedi at once and was victorious.
In the Clone Wars, Mace Windu took on Grievous alone and Force Crushed his chest. It nearly killed him.

Vader would duplicate that.

kodiak430
ok i surrender! spare me!

Enyalus
ok i surrender! spare me!
Only if you're French.

kodiak430
dammit

ares834
well i guess we'll never know about that will we? erm
Vader chokes people from lightyears away and there seems to be no delay I would say that is pretty damn instantaneous...

kodiak430
Originally posted by ares834
Vader chokes people from lightyears away and there seems to be no delay I would say that is pretty damn instantaneous... ok buddy

Lord Lucien
Ask Xizor.

kodiak430
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Ask Xizor. true dat. k guess grievous gets pwned

SonOfTheSuns
If Obi-wan can just shoot the bastard, then it would take Vader about 5 seconds to either crush his head or chest.

Kote!
Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Coruscanta a'den mhi, Vode an.
Bal...
Motir ca'tra nau tracinya.
Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a.
Aruetyc runi solus cet o'r.
Aruetyc runi trattok'o.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

Lord Lucien
The f*ck?

Enyalus
The f*ck?
Quiet, dude. Don't you realize we've got a true Mandalorian in our midst? Meet Nerdo Fett.

SonOfTheSuns
You are absolutely right I'm a f#cking Mando. I pwn Jedi, Sith, whatever you pussies throw at me. I am the Chosen One!!

SonOfTheSuns
Taung sa rang broka Mando'ade ka'rta.
Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu,
Manda'yaim kandosii adu.
Duum motir ca'tra nau tracinya.

Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn.
Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu,
Manda'yaim kandosii adu.
Duum motir ca'tra nau tracinya.

The ash of the Taung beats strong within the Mandalorians' heart.
We are the rage of The Warriors of the Shadow,
The first noble sons of Mandalore.
Let all those who stand before us light the night sky in flame.
Our vengeance burns brighter still.

The gauntlet of Mandalore strikes without mercy.
We are the rage of The Warriors of the Shadow,
The first noble sons of Mandalore.
Let all those who stand before us light the night sky in flame.
Our vengeance burns brighter still.

kodiak430
you're wierd my friend

SonOfTheSuns
You have no idea. Insert Evil Laugh Here.

Ke nu jurkad ti Mando'ade, burc'ya! - "Don't cross swords with Mandos, mate!"

Lord Lucien
you've got no life my friend That's better.

SonOfTheSuns
You are just jealous of my Mando ability to be better than you at everything you so.

Mandalorian = Better than you!! laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
Mandalorian=Kiwi. I don't like kiwis. Taste awful.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Galan007
...Which is all quite moot when he's facing a guy who can (literally) crush him with the twitch of a finger. If this were a pure saber battle, then yes, GG would stomp -- but as it is, Vader wins easily.

SWFan4Life
...Which is all quite moot when he's facing a guy who can (literally) crush him with the twitch of a finger. If this were a pure saber battle, then yes, GG would stomp -- but as it is, Vader wins easily.

Could you please elaborate on if it was a pure saber battle? Obi-Wan could hold his own against Grievous. Why couldn't Vader? After all, Palpatine told Anakin he could rival Yoda as a swordsman. Granted he was flattering Anakin (and I don't take the comment to be fact by any means), but Palpatine still wanted him as his apprentice.

SonOfTheSuns
Mandalorian=Awesome. OH MY GOD YOUR SO AWESOME!!!

Hey guy, relax. cool Don't be jealous of my absolute awesomeness.

I mean, dude, that's just immature, and stupid. Only two people in the world are cooler than me. Jesus, and Chuck Norris. Are you Jesus? NO! Are you Chuck Norris? Maybe, but I doubt it because he would be cooler than this.

BTW Vader kills GG.

Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a. Taung!

Aruetyc runi solus cet o'r prudii an.

Motir ca’tra nau tracinya.
Gra’tua cuun hett su dralshy’a.
Aruetyc runi solus cet o’r.

Motir ca’tra nau tracinya.
Gra’tua cuun hett su dralshy’a.
Aruetyc runi trattok’o.

Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

Gra'tua cuun hett su dralshy'a. Taung!

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso’ran kando a tome.
Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

ares834
Originally posted by SWFan4Life
Could you please elaborate on if it was a pure saber battle? Obi-Wan could hold his own against Grievous. Why couldn't Vader? After all, Palpatine told Anakin he could rival Yoda as a swordsman. Granted he was flattering Anakin (and I don't take the comment to be fact by any means), but Palpatine still wanted him as his apprentice.
I agree with this. Vader is a talented duelest. By no means would GG stomp him in a lightsaber battle.

Galan007
Could you please elaborate on if it was a pure saber battle?

Obi-Wan could hold his own against Grievous. Why couldn't Vader? After all, Palpatine told Anakin he could rival Yoda as a swordsman. Granted he was flattering Anakin (and I don't take the comment to be fact by any means), but Palpatine still wanted him as his apprentice. For instance, in a pure saber battle Vader would only be able to use force abilities which specifically pertain to lightsaber combat (ie. force speed, grip, etc.) -- but he would not be able to use offensive/external powers like force crush.

Obi-Wan's defense-oriented Soresu was the reason he did so well against Grievous -- Mace even mentioned that it was the ideal form to use in that specific encounter. But even Obi-Wan became overwhelmed when GG kicked up his striking speed to 20 per second. Aside from that, in LoE even Mace was unable to gain the upper hand on Grievous when the location of their battle (on top of a speeding train) prohibited him from using the force offensively against GG. In fact, soon after Grievous and Mace began dueling, Grievous was able to manifest a variation of Mace's Vaapad on the fly, and use it against him.

SWFan4Life
For instance, in a pure saber battle Vader would only be able to use force abilities which specifically pertain to lightsaber combat (ie. force speed, grip, etc.) -- but he would not be able to use offensive/external powers like force crush.

Obi-Wan's defense-oriented Soresu was the reason he did so well against Grievous -- Mace even mentioned that it was the ideal form to use in that specific encounter. But even Obi-Wan became overwhelmed when GG kicked up his striking speed to 20 per second. Aside from that, in LoE even Mace was unable to gain the upper hand on Grievous when the location of their battle (on top of a speeding train) prohibited him from using the force offensively against GG. In fact, soon after Grievous and Mace began dueling, Grievous was able to manifest a variation of Mace's Vaapad on the fly, and use it against him.

I read LoE and I actually remember this scene as well. My impression was actually more dire; it felt to me that Mace would actually lose to Greivous if they had kept fighting (it has been a while since I read it, but it did seem that Mace was fighting a losing battle because his Force abilities were limited in the situation, and GG kept adapting to Mace's technique).

That being said, did Vader not have the ability to adapt his technique in saber battles like Luke? Luke demonstrated the ability to rapidly adapt to his opponents' saber techniques unbelievably fast. One could assume that this was a trait passed down from Luke's father? Would Vader adapt to GG's techniques?

Despite Anakin's shortcomings in ROTS (though he did fight solidly against Kenobi), and the fact that he only had half his body in the OT, I suspect Vader could at least hold his own or stalemate in a pure saber battle against GG.

Galan007
Despite Anakin's shortcomings in ROTS (though he did fight solidly against Kenobi), and the fact that he only had half his body in the OT, I suspect Vader could at least hold his own or stalemate in a pure saber battle against GG. I disagree.

Ms.Marvel
i do too. no expression

SWFan4Life
I disagree.

Due to him not mastering Soresu (not sure if he did or not), or that he is missing half his body? I admit that being more machine than human would limit his abilities, but OT Vader wasn't a terrible swordsman by any means.

Galan007
^ Never said Vader was a terrible swordsman... He just doesn't have the speed to keep pace with GG in a pure duel, imo.

Enyalus
I agree with Galan disagreeing with SWFan and Ms. Marvel agreeing with Galan's disagreeing.

SWFan4Life
^ Never said Vader was a terrible swordsman... He just doesn't have the speed to keep pace with GG in a pure duel, imo.

That is a good way to look at it. GG was very quick. However, it seems difficult to believe that someone who could defeat Dooku in a saber fight couldn't defeat Dooku's student (GG) in a similar manner. Is the fact that OT Vader is at ~50% (a guess) of his ROTS potential one of your reasons he couldn't keep pace with GG in a saber fight? Just curious.

Could GG ever defeat Dooku in a sabers only battle? (or did he?). Before everyone is up in arms about the ABC argument, we are all using comparisons here to match these two cyborgs against each other.

Shoes
GG never defeated Dooku.

Here is a better way of looking at it:

GG is very quick
OT Vader is very slow

If you want ABC, how about GG's 20 strikes per second overwhelmed Kenobi, and Kenobi beat ROTS Vader.

SonOfTheSuns
Vader would destroy GG in no time. He could use the Force to crush GG's head into dust,

HIPPIE!! miffed

Shoes
Dude, he said Vader would beat GG in a pure saber fight.

SonOfTheSuns
Shut Up, you friggin' Hippie I said with the Force not his saber.

BTW I want to kill that avatar more than your retard one because I HATE HIPPIES!! devil

Shoes
What? Did you think I was referring to you in the third person? No.

SWF4L claimed GG would beat GG in a strict saber duel. gb2/b/

SWFan4Life
Well I said Vader could hold his own or stalemate, but stopped short of saying Vader could defeat him in a pure saber fight. It could be inferred from my previous posts, but I am not sure OT Vader could move past a stalemate.

I think the avatar is pretty cool Shoes. Keep it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.