Vader Question?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
I have heard that Vader once used used his TK from lightyears away to choke Xizor. Does anyone happen to know if this is true? If so might you please be able to give me the source in which this happened?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Merlyn
I have heard that Vader once used used his TK from lightyears away to choke Xizor. Does anyone happen to know if this is true? If so might you please be able to give me the source in which this happened?
Shadows of the Empire I think?

SWFan4Life
Yep, it was a very interesting scene. After reading it, I felt like the author wanted to fool the reader into thinking it was Xizor's imagination just to spice it up, but it wasn't, because Xizor realized Vader was actually choking him.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Enyalus
Shadows of the Empire I think?

that was good reading

Merlyn
I figured that event took place in SotE. But did it take place in the novel, or the comic book adaptation?

If it was the novel, might anyone know the chapter it happened in? If it was the comic, does anyone know the specific issue?

SWFan4Life
I figured that event took place in SotE. But did it take place in the novel, or the comic book adaptation?

If it was the novel, might anyone know the chapter it happened in? If it was the comic, does anyone know the specific issue?

I read this scene in the novel. I don't have a copy of the book with me though sad. If I would guess it was about half way through.

Galan007

If it was the novel, might anyone know the chapter it happened in? If it was the comic, does anyone know the specific issue? Hm, it seems like I do remember Vader choking Xizor in SotE, but I can't seem to find the specific instance. However, Vader did demonstrate the ability to choke Xizor from vast distances during The Bounty Hunter Wars #1...

"Xizor turned toward the hologram of the dark-caped figure-an intimidatingly life-sized image, transmitted from the Devastator, Lord Vader's personal flagship. Standing against Vader-even in this insubstantial form-was like facing radiation hard enough to strip flesh from bone. Not for the first time Xizor felt an invisible hand settle around his throat. His own willpower kept the breath sliding in and out of his lungs. But if Vader were to unleash his complete wrath, the force of will might not be enough. Xizor had seen others, the highest-ranking officers in the Empire's forces, clutching their throats and gasping for air, writhing like a Dantooinian garfish caught on a barbed trawling line. Perhaps wisely, Vader tended to avoid such displays in front of the Emperor; why tempt the old man into showing how much greater was his own mastery of the Force that penetrated and bound the galaxy together?"

(At the time, I believe Vader was near Coruscant and Xizor was on Tatooine.)

ares834
I was looking up some Vader feats and found quite a few.

In Marvel Droid #7 Vader uses a force to disintergrate a stromtrooper.
In Streets of Shadows he overloads a lightsaber crystal, unleashed a force push, while merely toying with Aura, that is so powerful it nearly knocks two guards off their feet that are a hallway away despite the fact he wasn't even aiming in their direction, and when Tycho claims that Vader killed Padme his thundering "What" shakes a building to its foundation.
Also in Last of the Jedi: Underworld when Grand Inquisitor Malorum mentions Polis Massa Vader's rage vibrates the Jedi Temple causing windows to shatter, chairs to go flying, and walls to crak. Ultimately what stops him is a wall falls revealing a hiding Jedi named Ferus Olin.

Alistair
Marvel droid? is that canon? And links please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.