why do we do things that are bad for us?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
for example, i know i dont like twilight, i think its gay but i still had to watch it in order to bad mouth it and to try to understand why others like it so much. so i go watch a bad movie although i pay for something else in order to not support it in anyway.. why wont it stop how could they make 2 and 3?

i even read that damn novels.

what do you do that you think you probably shouldnt and why?

Impediment
I smoke cigarettes because I am a dumb ass.

Smoking is useless, pointless, and stupid. Still, I am addicted to nicotine.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Impediment

I applaud your viewpoint. You only do it because you choose to, not for some justified reason. thumb up

Impediment
If it means anything, I am going to make a valiant effort to quit, not just for my health, but for my wallet, too.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
for example, i know i dont like twilight, i think its gay but i still had to watch it in order to bad mouth it and to try to understand why others like it so much. so i go watch a bad movie although i pay for something else in order to not support it in anyway.. why wont it stop how could they make 2 and 3?

what do you do that you think you probably shouldnt and why? Because those with intelligence are afraid of perfection. It's the same reason why we think that bad guys in movies are cool.

K.Diddy

Wild Shadow
i have always believed that you need to know about what it is you are arguing against.. hence i have justified doin bad things for experience and knowledge.

Impediment
I have been sober for 3 weeks and one day.

I am a functioning alcoholic, but I have chosen to quit alcohol for many reasons. I am proud of myself, and I am truly happier. Bored, kinda, but happier, and wealthier.

In the past, I made a self pity thread about my alcohol affliction, but I regretted it.

Nobody makes the smoker or alcoholic put the cigarette or bottle to his mouth except himself.

One vice down, one to go.

God, I hate smoking. Quitting drinking was easier than this is going to be.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I applaud your viewpoint. You only do it because you choose to, not for some justified reason. thumb up Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i have always believed that you need to know about what it is you are arguing against.. hence i have justified doin bad things for experience and knowledge. Guess what you just did?! big grin Originally posted by Impediment

I am a functioning alcoholic, but I have chosen to quit alcohol for many reasons. I am proud of myself, and I am truly happier. Bored, kinda, but happier, and wealthier.

In the past, I made a self pity thread about my alcohol affliction, but I regretted it.

Nobody makes the smoker or alcoholic put the cigarette or bottle to his mouth except himself.

God, I hate smoking. Quitting drinking was easier than this is going to be. You can do this! Aren't you from Texas? Texans can eat addictions for breakfast, but not, like, become addicted, rather just kill the addiction with their stomach acid.

K.Diddy

God, I hate smoking. Quitting drinking was easier than this is going to be.

beer If your serious about quitting look into a medication called ''Zyban'' it worked for me and I''m a heavy smoker,Although I started again recently due to the stress of a relationship ending

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Guess what you just did?! big grin i of course draw the line into certain things one is being gay..

Amazing Vrayo!!
i of course draw the line into certain things one is being gay.. Whaaaat?! No man, I was saying you tried to justify the things you do with an excuse, rather than just accepting that you chose to do them.

Wild Shadow
sigh... i am not making excuses. i am saying why i do certain things which is out of curiosity. i could say i did it b/c i'm addicted which is in itself an excuse.. i stop smokin b/c i didnt want to anymore, i dont drink as often as i once did only once or twice every couple of mouths.

i dont always do things out of curiosity or experience but b/c i can.

my reasons for studying religion my reason for watching twilight is b/c of curiosity and wanting to know so can argue it and see it from another view point

mikeydude
Because its fun. Everyone is doing it. It makes you feel gooood.

Is that what you want to hear?

Rogue Jedi
If it means anything, I am going to make a valiant effort to quit, not just for my health, but for my wallet, too. Frickin eh, bro. Beer too. Greasy food!!!

~Bun Bun~
You were curious.
And good for you.. You really gave it a try. Thats ten times better than the twihaters who just thinks it's gay because their macho buddies do too.

Rogue Jedi
Just ten?

mikeydude
Whuuuttt?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
You were curious.
And good for you.. You really gave it a try. Thats ten times better than the twihaters who just thinks it's gay because their macho buddies do too. i think the only saving grace of that movie is jacob b/c it sure as hell not storyline or bella and edward's bad acting scenes..

i think the kid that plays jacob will have a good long career after this movie series i cant say the same for any other actor.

Insomniatric
My girlfriend dragged me into see New Moon when it came out.

I hated every minute of it, and she was like crying at parts and stuff. She got really pissed when I fell asleep about 3/4 through.

Now there's already a ****ing new one out. How the hell did they make it so fast? The first thing that popped into my head when we both saw the preview for it at a different movie was "**** my life." She's already talking about going to see it.

**** my life.

Also, I think it's kind of dumb to see all of the movies and read all of the books if you hate it so much. I don't know about you, but if I hate something, I can't bring myself to do anything that is in relation to it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Insomniatric
My girlfriend dragged me into see New Moon when it came out.

I hated every minute of it, and she was like crying at parts and stuff. She got really pissed when I fell asleep about 3/4 through.

Aaaahahahaaaahahahahaaahahahahahahahahah

wuuut

ADarksideJedi
Because it is something to do?I smoke and I know that it is bad for me but I can't stop so I guess that answears my question.

Amazing Vrayo!!

what do you do that you think you probably shouldnt and why? Exp.

Rogue Jedi
I just ordered a philly cheesesteak pizza.

jinXed by JaNx
The best things in life are bad for us...,that's why.

If i weren't able to over indulge in sex, drugs, food, and art/entertainment, life wouldn't be worth living to me.

Rogue Jedi
Energy drinks.

Kharhmah
I play WoW way too much & I know I shouldn't.
I just cant help myself cos I'm a geek ands it are teh funz.

dur

Bardock42

Well, that's easy, you really want to bad mouth twilight, but at the same time you have some sort of idea that you can't unless you've seen it, you derive more pleasure from bad mouthing than harm from having to pay money and stay through it, so it's really a net gain, smart move!

Although, the reality is, of course, that you like it, and must pretend to do it for the badmouthing in order to not feel devalued, which is also a smart move, however somewhat pathetic.

Mindship
what do you do that you think you probably shouldnt...Bump old drivers who drive slow in the left lane...

...and why?
...because they're feeble/selfish and deserve to be frightened/harassed.

AbnormalButSane

Probably some inner need to retreat from the world and be self-destructive

That ACDC Chick
i spend most of my time on the computer
i need to get my fat ass up and exercise every now and then, i know, but im too ****in lazy
its just there's so much to do on the internet and so much to learn

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, that's easy, you really want to bad mouth twilight, but at the same time you have some sort of idea that you can't unless you've seen it, you derive more pleasure from bad mouthing than harm from having to pay money and stay through it, so it's really a net gain, smart move!

Although, the reality is, of course, that you like it, and must pretend to do it for the badmouthing in order to not feel devalued, which is also a smart move, however somewhat pathetic. 7Dzxef1muoQ

Ax3l
Sugar. That stuff'll kill ya. Especially if you have diabetes, like me. Then it'll more than likely kill ya. Or me.

What I'm trying to say here is sometimes I eat some sugared items.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Originally posted by Ax3l
Sugar. That stuff'll kill ya. Especially if you have diabetes, like me. Then it'll more than likely kill ya. Or me.

What I'm trying to say here is sometimes I eat some sugared items. Oh yeah, I remember when you were afflicted with le diabeetus. That sucks dude. Was it genetic, or did you get it from eating too much sugar, or...well, how'd you get it?

Wild Shadow
he slept with a chick unprotected..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.