Heroism vs. Terrorism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
In the downtown area of a big city, there has been a small war started. A terrorist and gang ringleader named Tejere has been starting attacks against opposing gangs and rivals. Somehow he has managed to wipe them out. When the mayor of the city tried to put a stop to this, he wound up dead too. Then the military began to intervene. But then the military found out what Tejere has been using to wipe out his enemies: super villains. These special individuals have been using their freak powers to slaughter and kill, and are being heavily paid by Tejere to carry out his plans. And Tejere's plans have also surfaced: world domination. With the group of super villains working for him, he could easily conquer all of man-kind.

The World Leaders are disturbed by this. They send more military enforcement into the area, but they need more help than that after just one of the super villains wipes out over 100 men. They have the military retreat, but the civilians of the city form their own form of military, so that they may fight the terrorists and gangs. By now the small war has spread throughout the city and is beginning to touch the rest of its county, meaning numerous cities are beginning to feel Tejere's sting.

There is one last resort that the World Leaders can use: super heroes. The U.S. public has begun to think all individuals with freak powers are evil, and the rest of the world, after seeing what Tejere's allies have done on the news and in the papers, are beginning to think so too. So, in a way, the super heroes are exiles. But the World Leaders decide to send them in anyway, to put an end to Tejere's reign of terror and bring the world back to the peace it had been enjoying.

On October 3, 2234, the super heroes are sent to the city of Goldenrod, which is now a shell of its former glory...

Captain REX
This is just an idea for an RPG I would like to try and work out with you guys. I probably won't have it play right now, with Fire's "Shadow World" and Ush's "Lord of the Rings - Journey to Fornost" games playing. But, if you would like to hear more about it, I'll gladly post more.

Ushgarak
I am happy for more games to be run here!

Fitch
yeah.keep on telling details....

Captain REX
Alrighty then...

This game will be in one thread. The Super Heroes are the characters being controlled by the players, and I control the Super Villains.

Super Heroes will be more like heroes who are getting used to their powers. They will not be all powerful. Instead of being able to fly for as long as you want, you can only fly for a short time in the beginning. There will be an upgrading system and template system like in Ush's Star Wars games.

Captain REX
There will be quite a few templates: combat templates, power templates, physical templates, and all-around templates (reminescent of Ush's Star Wars again).

Combat means better fighting skills, a valuable thing when it comes to dogfighting. Combat has few powers, but is mostly good with advanced weaponry and has several combat styles, from Karate to streetfighting.

Power means...powers. Laser vision, control over the elements, and many more. There will be a limit to powers though. As you advance, they become stronger, for in the beginning they'll be weaker. And abserd powers will be denied...if we get any abserd powers.

Physical means super powers of the body. Super strength, super speed, flying, stretching like taffy, and feats that the human body can not normally do. I made this separate from powers because this is modifications to the body instead of the ability to shoot energy or control fire.

All-around templates will be a mixture of everything.

Captain REX
Combat Templates: The combat templates advance most in combat and physical abilities. Depends on templates.

Fist -- A Fist hero fights with his hands and feet, and sometimes (rarely) use melee weapons like quaterstaffs or bats. They are well trained in the martial arts and normal fist-fighting. As they progress, their knowledge of fighting grows and can fight faster and harder.

Bullet -- A Bullet hero is an excellent choice if you are more into using projectile weapons. Pistols, assault rifles, shotguns and the like are all in the Bullet hero's fighting vocabulary. Guns use many different kinds of ammo in the 23rd century. Plasma-encased bullets, needles, explosives, and much more.

Melee -- A melee hero fights with swords, bats, quaterstaffs, and anything else that can cut, bash, or snap. Quick and agile, they excell in duelling and the use of exotic melee weapons, such as energy swords or combat knives.

Captain REX
Those are the only ones I'll go in depth with for now, and I've created more.

Combat

Fist -- fights hand to hand, good with the martial arts.
Bullet -- fights with guns and other projectile weapons.
Melee -- fights with melee weapons, good with swords or throwing weapons.
Weapon Master -- fights with projectile weapons and melee weapons.

Power

Generator -- Can create energy that can be used as a weapon.
Elemental -- Has a special influence on certain elements.
Mutant -- Received powers and abilities through accidents or genetics.
Freak -- Has odd powers, like sucking life force from an enemy or control over light.

Physical

Athlete -- Good athletic capabilities; all-around physical template.
Hulk -- Abnormal strength and muscle endurance.
Flash -- Abnormal speed.
Hawk -- Can fly or jump high and glide.

All-Around

Inhuman -- Has abnormal physical capabilites and special powers.
Warrior -- Has abnormal physical capabilities and great with weapons.
Laserbeam -- Has special powers and uses exotic weapons.

genral zink
Sounds cool. You've been watching too much "Justice League" on Cartoon Network, haven't you?

Fitch
looks good until now.....

Captain REX
Yes, I am wondering if I should even have templates at all...there's too many.

Give any suggestions you have in mind.

Fitch
I think u should make those templates though........

Bespin Bart
Just less of them. big grin

Fitch
the more you make,the better it gets....

Captain REX
Okay, that's reassuring Fitch. I'll leave the templates as is unless you have some suggestions.

Ushgarak
How is this all looking now, then?

Captain REX
Well, I think I've got an idea of how it will go and where the adventure will lead.

Fitch
very good....

Bespin Bart
Ready for characters yet?

Ushgarak
Care to give a ballpark figure for a starting time? Days, weeks, months?

Captain REX
I was thinking towards a few weeks. I'm ready to start when everyone else is. smile

I'll post the character things in a second, BB.

Captain REX
Here's an example, using a super villain instead of a hero. A hero is likely to have a less twisted past. And remember, nothing absurd for powers, and follow the templates above.

Name: Bruce "Hitler" Garret
Hero Name: Nazi
Background: Born in 1913 in Germany, he joined the Nazi War Machine for WWII. He was trained as a sniper. He was shot by an American soldier and fatally wounded. A scientist had come up with a chemical that he though could keep Bruce alive. Not only did it keep Bruce alive, but, after an accident in the lab, the mixed chemicals gave him uncommonly long age and excellent eyesight. In the year 2234, he still looks like he is about 30, though he has the mind of a 300-year-old man. He is highly dangerous and, though he's an old man in mind, he carries a horde of advanced equipment. Alongside all of the new equipment he carries a Gewehr sniper rifle.
Template: Bullet
Equipment:
--Gewehr sniper rifle
--Pistol
--Shotgun
--Flamethrower
--Plasma bullets for pistol (bullet encased in purple energy)
--Sniper bullets for Gewehr (normal sniper bullets)
--Flare shells for shotgun (causes a big flash)
--cases of gasoline for flamethrower

Ushgarak
BTW, I have nicknamed this game 'TeHeroism'...

Captain REX
TeHe. big grin

genral zink
I'll join. smile

Should I post my description here?

Captain REX
Sure, go ahead. smile

Ushgarak
Rex, what's the news here?

Captain REX
Well, no one seems to be wanting to join.

Fitch
I dunno....I entered Fire's RPG and it looks like nobody is playing.SO there is a lack of interest in RPGs in this moment.I would join but I'm afraid the same thing will happen with u'res.I think it's better to keep it until the members are in the RPG fever again...big grin

Ushgarak
Fire's is in trouble? I mean, I haven't been fronting it or anything because he said he had the players he needed.

Seriously, guys., if you need help with these things just ask! I had to build this area from nothing to start with, remember.

Fitch
Ush,u're the master here.If I'll ever make an RPG for sure I'll need your help.

Bespin Bart
Hmm...I think I'll post my description here...how does "The Mole" sound?

Name: Digory Underhill
Hero Name: The Mole
Background: Digory's past is somewhat unknown. His partners only know that he has spent his past with dirt. He had a fascination with what lay underneath the ground, and had had some experience as an archeologist. He was mutated at some point in his life, and his hands grew, and sharp digging claws formed. He can dig amazing fast.
Template: Mutant
Equipment:
--Drilling Rocket Launcher: Can fire drill-like rockets through the ground that explode upon impact. Keeps around just incase.

Captain REX
Good, BB. There's one...

I've got a notice. I'm expanding the Mutant category a little. There will be the Power Mutant, like the one above, and the Physical Mutant.

Power Mutant -- Received special powers by accident or on purpose. Wide range of powers, though it is usually only one or two abilities.

Physical Mutant -- Received special body adjustments by accident or on purpose. This includes changes to the body, including the building of muscles, the altering of body parts, the strengthing of bones, or enhanced athletic abilities.

BB, the Mole would fall under the Physical Mutant, just so you know.

Captain REX
Time to give examples of the templates in existing super heroes and super villains, as Ush has done with his Star Wars and Lord of the Rings games.

Combat Note: Since the Combat templates was somewhat my own creation for Super Heroes, I'm unsure about some of them fo now...

Fist -- Batman and Robin would go here, for they usually fight hand-to-hand.
Bullet -- My Hitler super villain falls into this category, for he has many guns that he is good with.
Melee -- Unsure for now...
Weapon Master -- Possibly Daredevil, being good with melee weapons and hand-to-hand combat.

Power

Generator -- Pyro and Iceman might fall into this category, being able to shoot fire or ice from their hands.
Elemental -- Storm has some control over the weather. Not sure if the weather is an element, but it is relevant to what this template can do.
Power Mutant -- Spider-Man, with his spider-sense and the ability to shoot webbing.
Freak -- Psychics like Dr. Xavier, shape-shifters like the Alien Manhunter, or people that cover themselves in goo like Venom or Carnage would go here.

Physical

Athlete -- Quite a few heroes would go here, examples being Spider-Man and Daredevil.
Hulk -- The Hulk and his green muscles.
Flash -- The Flash, who runs faster than light.
Hawk -- Hawk Girl or Bird Man, who both can fly.
Physical Mutant -- The Mole, BB's character, would fall into here, having enlarged hands and a bit of super speed in there somewhere. Flash and Hulk might go here too, but they would be a teeny bit slower or weaker than usual.

All-Around

Inhuman -- Super Man would fall into this category, having super strength and speed, the ability to fly, x-ray vision, laser vision, etc. Aqua Man might also go here, being very strong and can breath underwater.
Warrior -- Hawk Girl might go here too. She wields a mace as well as flies.
Laserbeam -- Unsure for now...

yerssot
and this will start ... when?

Captain REX
When people join, I suppose. Until then we just...wait.

Bespin Bart
Well, am I the only one pitching in here? It would be interesting to watch one or two people play it, wouldn't it? sad

Captain REX
Hello, anybody want to join?

Slybaghouse
I'll join if you'll have me, I'm new to these boards but have been Rp'ing Star Wars for about a year now. I was searching for an X-men Forum and found this site and since this is close enough I would love to join. I'll give some thought to my character, if this thread is still a go.

Captain REX
Sure I'll have you. Welcome to the Forums. smile\

2 characters, still need 2 or 3 more.

LilySatine
Hmm, how does a female super hero sound? I'm willing to join as well! big grin

Slybaghouse

Captain REX
Superb, Slybaghouse. Superb. smile

You might want to have a back-up power, light some fighting skills or a gun. Also, you need a template. You would fall under Freak, because those powers are really strange...not that I don't like the idea. I would freak out if you could change everything white like nothingness or black like a dark room...

Captain REX
Join then! I don't mind female super heroes at all. big grin

So far we've got two players.

Bespin Bart controls Digory Underhill, or The Mole. He is a Physical Mutant.

Slybaghouse controls William White, or Spectrum. He is a Freak.

Slybaghouse
Good idea, I will make sure to give him a gun of some sort.

genral zink
Name: Colin Alastor
Hero Name: TimeSplitter
Background: Born in New York, New York, Colin grew up in the city. His parents were always busy, and he was left with a nanny that he really really hated. His parents would hang out and play with him on weekends, and did so until he was 14. They had gone to the movies to see a movie about some guy who called himself Batman. Colin had enjoyed the movie, but on the way home, some gangsters mugged his parents and shot them. Then they turned on Colin. The leader fired twice with a pistol. Colin stuck out his hand as if to shield himself, but a rippling wave shot out from his hand. The rippling ring went around the bullets and into the leader's face. The two bullets stopped, and the leader's face was stuck in mid-air, frozen in a grim smile. Colin freaked out and moved back, losing focus on whatever he had done. The bullets shattered two holes in the concrete, and the leader freaked out and ran. Colin had discovered his ability to stop time.
Template: Freak

Captain REX
There's three. Lily is still working on her character, and Dexx says he will join when he gets back from a trip.

Slybaghouse gets the award for the most indepth background so far.

LilySatine
Name: Lily Jackman
Hero Name: Tiger
History: Ever since she was a child, Lily had a fascination with animals, cats in particular. When she was born, small claws at the tip of her fingers were visible through the x-rays. This frightened her parents, causing them to disown her. Her grandmother, who raised her since she was born, noticed this trait and surrounded Lily in a cat-like environment, making her cat costumes, teaching her how to see in the dark, and the ability the camouflage herself. Once her grandmother died when Lily was mearly 10 years old, she was left alone to be raised by the cats, who considered her one of them. Lily taught herself how to sow, allowing her to make more detailed costumes. Roaming the streets, she uses her claws for good, helping strangers in danger. Lily now has no home and still holds nine lives.
Template: Physical (extreme flexibility)
Weapons: Claws

If anything needs to be added, just let me know!! I kind of took the idea of 'cat woman' if that's alright. stick out tongue

Captain REX
Very good Lily. And you chose the right template as well, Physical Mutant. smile

LilySatine
Thank goodness! Didn't want to mess anything up. Can't wait to start! smile

Captain REX
Good, I'm glad you can't wait. big grin

Bespin Bart
Well, we still need one more person, don't we? Dexx or someone else? ElmStreetFan might like to join...

LilySatine
When are we going to start?big grin

Allor_Vader
I'll try it, but I'll need help with thw templates

Captain REX
We need one or two more players.

I'll help you with templates, Allor, don't worry. Basically I let you come up with the power and then I classify it depending on how you got the power and what that power is.

Allor_Vader
Name: Erika Jonsdottir
Hero name:
History: Erika was born to Jon and Kirsten in Iceland. There she grew up with her father's Viking group. They were always on the move with raids sailing from one country to another never settling dwn. Jon taught his daughter how to fight and defend herself with many weapons. She mostly uses bows and arrows, spears, axes, and swords. Her favorite is the sword. Her superhero powers developed when she was a teenager. They deal with water.
Template: (getting help from Rex)
Weapons:Bows and arrows, swords, spears, swords, and any of the like

Captain REX
Very good, Allor. It's perfect, except for the fact that you have no Hero name. smile

As for your template, you shall be a...hmm, hard to place. I would say Laserbeam, but now I'm not happy with that template's name...

Allor_Vader
Heroname:Viking Queen(princess)

Captain REX
Good. smile

Here's the linup of characters so far. I'll send Dexx another PM...

Bespin Bart: The Mole, Physical Mutant
LilySatine: Tiger, Physical Mutant
Slybaghouse: Spectrum, Freak
Genral Zink: TimeSplitter, Freak
Allor Vader: Viking Queen, Laserbeam

Dexx
oh..here it is...found it. lemme lok on the templates and do my char

Captain REX
Alrighty then. big grin

Dexx
name/hero name (the same): Shine
template: combat - melee.

choose whatever history of mine wich fitts better...don't care

weapons: a normal japanese sword (like the one morpheus had in reloaded)
a few throwing knifes

Captain REX
Bespin Bart: The Mole, Physical Mutant
LilySatine: Tiger, Physical Mutant
Slybaghouse: Spectrum, Freak
Genral Zink: TimeSplitter, Freak
Allor Vader: Viking Queen, Laserbeam
Dexx: Shine, Melee

Captain REX
Bumping. Having to move the interactive stories from the General Fiction area to the RP area has lowered all the important things.

VertexOfLife
I might join if there is a little action around here....all my other Rp's on others boards died out because of a lack for action.

Captain REX
They're not dead, it's just that the usual RPGers are on vacation.

You can join though! I plan to start sometime before September. smile

Bespin Bart
I hope so...

VertexOfLife
Oh i mean at other Bulliten Boards.

Captain REX
Oh!

Well, there's always an opening in my games, if you want to join. This one has yet to start. smile

imneotheone
the japanese sword is called the katana

Bespin Bart
Cool. Signing up?

imneotheone
i might how dose it work?

Captain REX
Like most of the other RPGs around here. Read some of Ushgarak's work in the Star Wars section.

Captain REX
Well...let's see...I don't think anyone is still here that wants to play it...

Sniper_sloth
I'd play it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.