Cross-Genre Thread #4: Deathstroke vs Master Chief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke

Vs

Master Chief

Fight in a hybrid of New Mombasa (Circa Halo 3) and current Bludhaven.

Deathstroke starts out with his bo-staff, his sword, and a flash-bang grenade while Master Chief starts out with an Assault Rifle (Halo 3 era) and two fragmentation grenades.

Scenario One:
Scattered around the battlefield are some more plasma and frag grenades, a UNSC Shotgun, some SMGs, a Battle Rifle, and some Covenant plasma rifles.

Both combatants can use these weapons if they can secure them.

Scenario Two:
No extra weapons, combatants are limited to what they start out with.

PIS off, CIS off, bloodlust on, no bfr, no prep.

Who wins?

Lord_Talron
both have their standard suits?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
both have their standard suits?
Yeah.

Deathstroke has his Prometheum armor and Master Chief is in the Mjolnir Mk VI Circa Halo 3.

Lord_Talron
another quick question. do the items respawn or is there limited supply?

Omega Vision
another quick question. do the items respawn or is there limited supply?
Well in Scenario One I suppose ammo spawns but not guns/grenades, those are finite.

Lord_Talron
k how many grenades?

Trackz
k how many grenades? it says in the opening post

Lord_Talron
it says how many they start out with, not on the map

Omega Vision
k how many grenades?
He starts out with two frags. In S-1 though there are maybe a half dozen of each scattered evenly across the 1 sq km map.

Trackz
good fight, I'm think master chief for this one though, are his comics considered canon?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Trackz
good fight, I'm think master chief for this one though, are his comics considered canon?
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halopedia:Canon_Policy

At least some of them are.

The ruling seems to be though that the games are the highest canon and any contradiction between them and other sources will have game canon superseding non-game canon.

Here's an excerpt:

"The concept of superior canon is as follows:

Current Bungie Employees are the highest source of Canon. They design, authorize, and sanction every detail about Halo that is revealed to the public. Their statements take the highest authority among Halo canon because, obviously, they created it all.

Halo Games are, with certain exceptions, the most elaborate of the Halo works and, as they come directly from the producers of Bungie, they are the largest creations of the Halo universe. The information in the video games was produced by Bungie employees directly. This gives them the most credit as canon sources.

Halo Literature, Soundtracks, and Other Media are below the games as sources of canon for various reasons. Some of this media is presented by Bungie Affiliates and thus not direct canon from the studio, and some is for promotional purposes or Halo ideas that were released in incomplete development. Bungie Studios has given great creative license to its affiliates as long as their material falls within basic guidelines, and may not be what Bungie itself wanted for the Halo universe.

Bungie Affiliates are just below Bungie employees. This group includes companies and people who work on Halo products but are not part of Bungie studios. This group includes 4orty2wo Entertainment employees, Joyride Studios employees, and Halo novelists like Eric Nylund and William C. Dietz.

*Announcement Trailers are usually considered not to be canon, as details in an announcement trailer are usually a very early draft of the storyline, and do not necessarily contain content that made it into the final game. Thus, Trailers are considered to be canon until the official game is released.

Halopedia Canon The lowest form of Canon, Halopedia Canon is the result of heated debate among the Halopedia community to arrive at conclusion and decision on said piece of Halo Universe. Halopedia Canon is trumped by all other higher Canon unless it is determined that a mistake by Bungie has been made. Some examples of "mistakes" can be found here. "

ares834
Are we considering books canon for the Chief?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ares834
Are we considering books canon for the Chief?
I don't see why we wouldn't.

jalek moye
as long as the book doesnt contradict somethign stating or shown in the game then yea its canon

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't see why we wouldn't. books aren't canon for marvel/dc characters

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
books aren't canon for marvel/dc characters
Unless a mod says otherwise I don't see an issue with using the books when it comes to Halo which isn't the same as Marvel or DC in regards to canon and non canon.

Bentley
Mods have stated several time this project is conducted by you, so I don't think they have a say or whatsoever on this.

(Unless Bada is a Halo expert or sumthin')

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Bentley
Mods have stated several time this project is conducted by you, so I don't think they have a say or whatsoever on this.

(Unless Bada is a Halo expert or sumthin')
Well obviously the mods still have a say considering its still in the versus forum.

But as I said unless a mod does have a problem with it Halo books are canon.

I'm on the fence about Halo comics though.

Bentley
Well obviously the mods still have a say considering its still in the versus forum.

But as I said unless a mod does have a problem with it Halo books are canon.

I'm on the fence about Halo comics though.

But why would mods have a problem with it? Are you implying mods are tyrannical and overbearing?

RE: Blaxican
Jesus christ, guys. There is an official canon tier system for Halo lore, in fact it's already been posted. There is no "Is this canon is that canon" questions necessary... continuity is continuity. Here's a more accurate source if you want definitive proof.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=33630397

As far as the games versus books are concerned, a lot of what the chief can do and can not do is tied down to game mechanics; game mechanics aren't canon.

In any case, the books, novels, etc. are all considered canon except for when their are direct contradictions with the plots, like the Chief doing action A in the novel adaptation when in the game he did action B.

Anyway, time to let the screamong fangirl on.

marwash22
You pretty much have to use the books because you can't tell anything about Master Chief in the games as far as stats are concerned.

Ms.Marvel
well i guess ill start off the discussion officially by listing some feats for the chief.

the chiefs armor is outright resistant to most forms of ballistic weaponry and was shown in halo 3 to survive falling through the atmosphere and crash landing on the ground, all without a scratch to it (though the gel inside locked up to prevent injury to the chief). the shields can take hits from super heated plasma and physical assaults from beings who can flip over cars. im not familiar with deathstroke so im curious to know if he'd be able to penetrate the chiefs suit at all?

speedwise, spartans have 20 millisecond reflexes and the chief was stated in the fall of reach to see bullets in slow motion, and according to mendez in the fall of reach a spartan can sprint at up to 55 miles an hour! i remember reading somewhere that deathstroke can tag the flash? thats pretty impressive so i might give him the edge in speed.

strength wise i think it should be no contest. chiefs most obvious and impressive feat of strength: flipping a 66 ton tank.

marwash22
how much of MC's stats are tied to his suit? Is he class 60 without the suit?

Also, can the suit be forcibly removed?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
well i guess ill start off the discussion officially by listing some feats for the chief.

the chiefs armor is outright resistant to most forms of ballistic weaponry and was shown in halo 3 to survive falling through the atmosphere and crash landing on the ground, all without a scratch to it (though the gel inside locked up to prevent injury to the chief). the shields can take hits from super heated plasma and physical assaults from beings who can flip over cars. im not familiar with deathstroke so im curious to know if he'd be able to penetrate the chiefs suit at all?

speedwise, spartans have 20 millisecond reflexes and the chief was stated in the fall of reach to see bullets in slow motion, and according to mendez in the fall of reach a spartan can sprint at up to 55 miles an hour! i remember reading somewhere that deathstroke can tag the flash? thats pretty impressive so i might give him the edge in speed.

strength wise i think it should be no contest. chiefs most obvious and impressive feat of strength: flipping a 66 ton tank.
Deathstroke has two ways that I can think of that might give him a shot at penetrating Chief's shield/armor, there's his staff blast which is pretty powerful:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=Deathstroke-015-09.jpg
Here it leaves absolutely no trace of the helicopter, and
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=Deathstroke-015-09.jpg

The other way is with his sword which he was able to slice a car clean in half with:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=adventuresofsuperman580p10.jpg
And slice Metamoprho in half:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=outsiders019014.jpg
As for strength, yeah Master Chief wins no contest but DS is still pretty strong. Here's him breaking glass that was designed to withstand missiles:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=FoE_deathstroke_017.jpg

Black bolt z
I can say from the start that if deathstroke is hit with any plasma gun or plasma grenade hes going down.The problem with them is Deathstroke is fast and plasma weapons are slow.

I see deathstroke as being faster and more agile but chief is like 40(having been trained since he was six)and is an expert with any weapon on the field.He also has his armor and shields which really can take more then anything DS can dish out.

Chief 8/10

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I can say from the start that if deathstroke is hit with any plasma gun or plasma grenade hes going down.The problem with them is Deathstroke is fast and plasma weapons are slow.

I see deathstroke as being faster and more agile but chief is like 40(having been trained since he was six)and is an expert with any weapon on the field.He also has his armor and shields which really can take more then anything DS can dish out.

Chief 8/10
Deathstroke has a shot at surviving a hit from a plasma grenade provided he doesn't actually get stuck and its just a proximity explosion.

He's walked away from a serious car-crash without injury, tanked Starfire's starbolts, been punched by Aquaman with only mild damage, taken a laser to the chest, absorbed multiple gunshots without falling, and even survived a point blank explosion from a grenade.

Deathstroke actually has more experience than Chief, his experience as a soldier/mercenary goes all the way back to the Korean war, 60 years worth of military, black-ops, merc, and assassin work fighting everything from Chinese conscripts to Herald-class Superheroes.

Tactically there's no comparison, Chief is good but no way could he match Slade when it comes to on-the-fly thinking.

Black bolt z
Deathstroke has a shot at surviving a hit from a plasma grenade provided he doesn't actually get stuck and its just a proximity explosion.

He's walked away from a serious car-crash without injury, tanked Starfire's starbolts, been punched by Aquaman with only mild damage, taken a laser to the chest, absorbed multiple gunshots without falling, and even survived a point blank explosion from a grenade.

Deathstroke actually has more experience than Chief, his experience as a soldier/mercenary goes all the way back to the Korean war, 60 years worth of military, black-ops, merc, and assassin work fighting everything from Chinese conscripts to Herald-class Superheroes.

Tactically there's no comparison, Chief is good but no way could he match Slade when it comes to on-the-fly thinking. With his HF yes he can take a proximity hit but not a direct one.

Chief could probably replicate them all(not sure about starfire)but I mean he has gone hand-to-hand with an elite,been trained ruthlessly and beaten since he was 6,take greandes,plasma bolts,gun-shots,the works and thats without shields.

Okay hes got more experience.Hard to beat over 30 years though...at that point its just kinda repetitive.

Not sure about that.Chief has every war medal except prisoner of war,is practically the best leader of all the spartans,biologically enchanced to be the perfect solider upgrading his mind as well.What as DS done as far as on the spot tactics?

Omega Vision
With his HF yes he can take a proximity hit but not a direct one.

Chief could probably replicate them all(not sure about starfire)but I mean he has gone hand-to-hand with an elite,been trained ruthlessly and beaten since he was 6,take greandes,plasma bolts,gun-shots,the works and thats without shields.

Okay hes got more experience.Hard to beat over 30 years though...at that point its just kinda repetitive.

Not sure about that.Chief has every war medal except prisoner of war,is practically the best leader of all the spartans,biologically enchanced to be the perfect solider upgrading his mind as well.What as DS done as far as on the spot tactics?
Fighting Elites hand to hand is really chump change compared to taking on the Teen Titans on a regular basis and going toe to toe with (an admittedly holding back) Wonder Woman for a short while.

It doesn't become "repetitive" when the last twenty or so of those years have been spent fighting Metas and Heralds. Master Chief simply can't compare to Deathstroke's range of experience. When Superman needed a leader for a strike force against Warworld he chose Deathstroke because of DS's background as a soldier and commando.

DS has used his tactics to elude and outmaneuver entire teams of Superheroes. Check out his respect thread and see how many times he's gotten out of jams just by thinking on his feet.

Black bolt z
Fighting Elites hand to hand is really chump change compared to taking on the Teen Titans on a regular basis and going toe to toe with (an admittedly holding back) Wonder Woman for a short while.

It doesn't become "repetitive" when the last twenty or so of those years have been spent fighting Metas and Heralds. Master Chief simply can't compare to Deathstroke's range of experience. When Superman needed a leader for a strike force against Warworld he chose Deathstroke because of DS's background as a soldier and commando.

DS has used his tactics to elude and outmaneuver entire teams of Superheroes. Check out his respect thread and see how many times he's gotten out of jams just by thinking on his feet. Just out of curisoity have you read any of the halo books?Spartans can go H2h with elites then they are pretty much that.The elite.Physically I can see them besting people like cap and batman easily.DS is slade right?If so(and going by the anime which my not be right)then it only seems he can fight the TT by prep.But going h2h with even a holding back WW is impressive.

And chief is the best leader out there too.Hes been able to forumlate a plan to take out hundreds of convenant ships and multiple escape plans in seconds.Hes almost McGyver.I'm not saying hes batter then DS i'm saying that he can at least match him.

Read above.Give chief the same powerset but he still retains his mind and he'd be able to replicate it.

Etna
The elite.Physically I can see them besting people like cap and batman easily.

I am curios to know, on what makes you think this.

I don't know to much of the Halo franchise. But I do know on what an Elite looks like.

amnesia
is this samus vs iron man?

marwash22
^ would have been a better discussion. Doesn't seem like too many people have read those Halo books so no one can really argue a side.

Omega Vision
Just out of curisoity have you read any of the halo books?Spartans can go H2h with elites then they are pretty much that.The elite.Physically I can see them besting people like cap and batman easily.DS is slade right?If so(and going by the anime which my not be right)then it only seems he can fight the TT by prep.But going h2h with even a holding back WW is impressive.

And chief is the best leader out there too.Hes been able to forumlate a plan to take out hundreds of convenant ships and multiple escape plans in seconds.Hes almost McGyver.I'm not saying hes batter then DS i'm saying that he can at least match him.

Read above.Give chief the same powerset but he still retains his mind and he'd be able to replicate it.
Going h2h with Elites means nothing when compared to going h2h with Wonder Woman.

If Spartans beat Batman or Cap it would be because Spartans have 60 ton strength, not because of skill. In this case having superior strength isn't enough given that DS has held his own against Class 100+s.

Battlefield tactics isn't the same as on the fly thinking, which is what he'll need to beat Deathstroke.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by amnesia
is this samus vs iron man?
Can you read?

Originally posted by marwash22
^ would have been a better discussion. Doesn't seem like too many people have read those Halo books so no one can really argue a side.

The same can be said for peole who don't read Iron Man comics and don't he's got like 3000 gadgets attached to his twenty different types of armor. no expression

The same can be said for most comic book characters.

r0nm0n88
man i been playing halo for a long time, and never knew chief had 60 ton strength.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Etna
I am curios to know, on what makes you think this.

I don't know to much of the Halo franchise. But I do know on what an Elite looks like. Elites are pretty much that.Elite.They are trained for pretty much nothing else but to fight since childhood.The average elite is about 7'6"(mabye a little shorter)and could easily lift 500 lb.Elites look at doctors as being dishonorable because they have to spill blood not in battle.Elites live for fighting have have the body and skills to do it.
Going h2h with Elites means nothing when compared to going h2h with Wonder Woman.

If Spartans beat Batman or Cap it would be because Spartans have 60 ton strength, not because of skill. In this case having superior strength isn't enough given that DS has held his own against Class 100+s.

Battlefield tactics isn't the same as on the fly thinking, which is what he'll need to beat Deathstroke. I'll give you that.Even a holding back WW would own an elite.

Spartans don't have 60 ton strength...i'd put them as 20 tons max.But yeah I would put chief(better then your average spartan)in the same skill range as cap and batman.Can you post scans of these class 100 fights?

Like I just posted he did those.He was able to forumlate escape strategies and create massive damage in minimal time due to him being the perfect solider on top of on the fly thinking.The UNSC created them to be the best of the best of the best(thats reakky what it says in the books).Every part of them is enchanced.

The Nuul
Where is the back up to these claims of MC having 60 ton strength?

I'm assuming it's the fact that he can lift tanks. A scorpion tank is 66 tons.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by The Nuul
Where is the back up to these claims of MC having 60 ton strength? There aren't any.I don't know where he got that.I'd be hard pressed to say chief had 20 ton.

The Nuul
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I'm assuming it's the fact that he can lift tanks. A scorpion tank is 66 tons.

Scans, videos, books?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Nuul
Scans, videos, books?

Never played Halo? When a Warthog (That's the name right?) crashes and flips over, Chief is able to flip it right over, like literally just flip it over with ease.

Black bolt z
I'm assuming it's the fact that he can lift tanks. A scorpion tank is 66 tons. When has he lifted tanks?If this is just from the game(the flipping thing)then I guess a regular spartan can lift elephants too whcih are like 200 tons.Going by the books hes not any more then 20.Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Never played Halo? When a Warthog (That's the name right?) crashes and flips over, Chief is able to flip it right over, like literally just flip it over with ease. They only put that feature in so you don't lose the vehicle.I don't accept that as a lifting feat or hes can like like 200 tons.

Omega Vision
Elites are pretty much that.Elite.They are trained for pretty much nothing else but to fight since childhood.The average elite is about 7'6"(mabye a little shorter)and could easily lift 500 lb.Elites look at doctors as being dishonorable because they have to spill blood not in battle.Elites live for fighting have have the body and skills to do it.
I'll give you that.Even a holding back WW would own an elite.

Spartans don't have 60 ton strength...i'd put them as 20 tons max.But yeah I would put chief(better then your average spartan)in the same skill range as cap and batman.Can you post scans of these class 100 fights?

Like I just posted he did those.He was able to forumlate escape strategies and create massive damage in minimal time due to him being the perfect solider on top of on the fly thinking.The UNSC created them to be the best of the best of the best(thats reakky what it says in the books).Every part of them is enchanced.
No way is Chief in the same skill class as Batman or Cap, don't even go there. The Halo Universe lacks the kind of ridiculous MA feats that DC or Marvel have and we don't know how well Chief would do if he weren't enhanced. Never conflate enhanced stats with skills.

I'd say in a contest of pure skill a guy like Punisher would take a hefty majority against Chief while Cap or Bats would outright stomp.

The fight with Wonder Woman is in page 2 or his respect thread (thanks to Namor for providing the scans smile):
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-29ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-30ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-31ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-32ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-33ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-34ocdhorus.jpg

Here he takes a swipe to the face from Starfire (also a Class 100+):
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=NewTeenTitans010-11.jpg
and then he shrugs off one of her starbolts:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=NewTeenTitans010-12.jpg

He also got hit by a lucky swipe from Aquaman (who's strength varies between slightly greater than Master Chief's to genuine Class 100+):
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTerm-13-17.jpg

He immediately recovers from the blow.
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTerm-13-17.jpg

Tanks a flying tackle followed by a kick from Donna Troy as Darkstar:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_TT46-19.jpg
Donna is also Class 100+

After getting kicked around (predictably, given Donna's huge stats advantage) he manages to break away and even draw blood from Donna's lip:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=Deathstroke045-07.jpg

Durability showing:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTermAnnu-02-11.jpg
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTermAnnu-02-12.jpg
That's him taking a point blank blast from a grenade without even losing consciousness.

I think its safe to say that Master Chief's strength /durability advantage isn't going to be enough to secure the win.

Wei Phoenix
When has he lifted tanks?If this is just from the game(the flipping thing)then I guess a regular spartan can lift elephants too whcih are like 200 tons.Going by the books hes not any more then 20. They only put that feature in so you don't lose the vehicle.I don't accept that as a lifting feat or hes can like like 200 tons.

Regardless of why they gave it to him, he still has it. If they gave him flight just so he can't fall to his death when you jump off of a cliff then he still has flight. So yes a Spartan has that level of strength so they can use it to lift their vehicles or punch someone's head off or whatever. If I'm wrong then I'm sure Marvel or Blax will correct me.

I actually don't know that much about Halo's varying canon and what not. I'll ask Marvel when she comes home.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Never played Halo? When a Warthog (That's the name right?) crashes and flips over, Chief is able to flip it right over, like literally just flip it over with ease.

Yes but whos to say the warthog is 60 tons? I can remember flipping a tank though.

Omega Vision
Regardless of why they gave it to him, he still has it. If they gave him flight just so he can't fall to his death when you jump off of a cliff then he still has flight. So yes a Spartan has that level of strength so they can use it to lift their vehicles or punch someone's head off or whatever. If I'm wrong then I'm sure Marvel or Blax will correct me.
I think its safe to say that Master Chief is at least as strong as Spider-Man, though I'd really love for some documentation on his supposed tank lifting feat.

There are two problems with using him flipping a tank in the games as evidence of Class 60 strength. Firstly there's the fact that flipping a tank isn't the same as deadlifting a tank over one's head. Secondly I'm not sure how much weight game mechanics should have in determining canon. Aren't there cases within the games of ordinary Marines flipping vehicles?

Edit: Warthogs aren't 60 tons, that's for certain. In Halopedia the Warthog's weight is listed at 3 metric tons (3.25 short tons).

Black bolt z
No way is Chief in the same skill class as Batman or Cap, don't even go there. The Halo Universe lacks the kind of ridiculous MA feats that DC or Marvel have and we don't know how well Chief would do if he weren't enhanced. Never conflate enhanced stats with skills.

I'd say in a contest of pure skill a guy like Punisher would take a hefty majority against Chief while Cap or Bats would outright stomp.

The fight with Wonder Woman is in page 2 or his respect thread (thanks to Namor for providing the scans smile):
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-29ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-30ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-31ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-32ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-33ocdhorus.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/th_wonderwomanv2special01-34ocdhorus.jpg

Here he takes a swipe to the face from Starfire (also a Class 100+):
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=NewTeenTitans010-11.jpg
and then he shrugs off one of her starbolts:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=NewTeenTitans010-12.jpg

He also got hit by a lucky swipe from Aquaman (who's strength varies between slightly greater than Master Chief's to genuine Class 100+):

He immediately recovers from the blow.

Tanks a flying tackle followed by a kick from Donna Troy as Darkstar:
Donna is also Class 100+

After getting kicked around (predictably, given Donna's huge stats advantage) he manages to break away and even draw blood from Donna's lip:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=Deathstroke045-07.jpg

Durability showing:
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTermAnnu-02-11.jpg
http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/?action=view&current=DeathTermAnnu-02-12.jpg
That's him taking a point blank blast from a grenade without even losing consciousness.

I think its safe to say that Master Chief's strength /durability advantage isn't going to be enough to secure the win. How does it matter if hes not enchanced?He was trained brutally abotu 20 hrs a day since he was six,has been biologically enchanced since he was 13,and his suit provides additional bonuses.I would put him in or almost in cap and batman skill range.

I wouldn't say that.

The wonder woman scans are too small for me to read and my computer won't let me zoom in.See if you can fix that.

So he takes one hit from a class(what class is she?Is she like 4-50?).Not sure about the starbolt but I think chiefs shields can hold up to one of those.

That didn't look so much as a hit as aquaman grabbing his leg and throwing him into a pile of planks.

Once again it didn't look like he was hit.

Ok not bad.Scans are too small for me to read though.

Hes skilled and fast.And can deliever a kick that can draw blood.I'd say he is more agile then chief.No doubt about that.

Didn't look like nothing it looked like he took it can healed.Chief can take grenades too.

Chiefs strength isn't that high but his shields can take one heckuva beating.Hes also very skilled.What class of strength is slade?So so far

Strength: Unknown(I think chief)
Durability: Armor + shields chief gets it
HF: Slades HF compensates for durability which isn't low either
Speed: As for running speed chief
Combat speed: I'd call it a tie though I'm slightly leaning towards chief
Agility: Slade by far
Experience: Slade by 20 years
Weapons effectiveness: Both are experts with pretty much all weapons.
Skill: See combat speed but I could be wrong on both.

Black bolt z
Regardless of why they gave it to him, he still has it. If they gave him flight just so he can't fall to his death when you jump off of a cliff then he still has flight. So yes a Spartan has that level of strength so they can use it to lift their vehicles or punch someone's head off or whatever. If I'm wrong then I'm sure Marvel or Blax will correct me. Do you really think chief can lift an elephant?Hes not that strong but they put it in the game just so you don't lose the vehicle.I'd say he can life a warthog and below but not a scorpion.Originally posted by Omega Vision
I think its safe to say that Master Chief is at least as strong as Spider-Man, though I'd really love for some documentation on his supposed tank lifting feat.

There are two problems with using him flipping a tank in the games as evidence of Class 60 strength. Firstly there's the fact that flipping a tank isn't the same as deadlifting a tank over one's head. Secondly I'm not sure how much weight game mechanics should have in determining canon. Aren't there cases within the games of ordinary Marines flipping vehicles?

Edit: Warthogs aren't 60 tons, that's for certain. In Halopedia the Warthog's weight is listed at 3 metric tons (3.25 short tons). He is at least as strong as spiderman but not class 60 by a long shot.

Yes there are.And spartans flipping elephants which are like 200 tons.Reading the books hes strong but not capable of that.

Yeah i'd say thats right.He could easily lift that.

Omega Vision
How does it matter if hes not enchanced?He was trained brutally abotu 20 hrs a day since he was six,has been biologically enchanced since he was 13,and his suit provides additional bonuses.I would put him in or almost in cap and batman skill range.

I wouldn't say that.

The wonder woman scans are too small for me to read and my computer won't let me zoom in.See if you can fix that.

So he takes one hit from a class(what class is she?Is she like 4-50?).Not sure about the starbolt but I think chiefs shields can hold up to one of those.

That didn't look so much as a hit as aquaman grabbing his leg and throwing him into a pile of planks.

Once again it didn't look like he was hit.

Ok not bad.Scans are too small for me to read though.

Hes skilled and fast.And can deliever a kick that can draw blood.I'd say he is more agile then chief.No doubt about that.

Didn't look like nothing it looked like he took it can healed.Chief can take grenades too.

Chiefs strength isn't that high but his shields can take one heckuva beating.Hes also very skilled.What class of strength is slade?So so far

Strength: Unknown(I think chief)
Durability: Armor + shields chief gets it
HF: Slades HF compensates for durability which isn't low either
Speed: As for running speed chief
Combat speed: I'd call it a tie though I'm slightly leaning towards chief
Skill: See combat speed but I could be wrong on both. \
Sorry about the scans, you can check them out in DS's respect thread for a better look.

Starfire is definitely Class 100+, its just her strength isn't emphasized as much as her energy projection.

Do you have any skill showings for Chief that even compare to the low end feats of Batman or Captain America?

No way does Chief have greater combat speed than Slade. Slade tags speedsters regularly.

Skill is pretty much a no-brainer. Deathstroke has Chief beat there. When Chief takes on multiple Elite MAs at once call me.

Black bolt z
\
Sorry about the scans, you can check them out in DS's respect thread for a better look.

Starfire is definitely Class 100+, its just her strength isn't emphasized as much as her energy projection.

Do you have any skill showings for Chief that even compare to the low end feats of Batman or Captain America?

No way does Chief have greater combat speed than Slade. Slade tags speedsters regularly.

Skill is pretty much a no-brainer. Deathstroke has Chief beat there. When Chief takes on multiple Elite MAs at once call me. Thanks

So yeah.Impressive taking a punch and I don't want to downplay it but it is just one punch.

4 spartans killing 1000 grunts,going hand to hand with elites and beating them(and holding thier own against brutes),being peak human before the halos SSS and then enchanced again through the suit.

Speedsters like?Like I said I may have been wrong about it but chief has great combat speed too.Whats his best combat speed feat?

Elites MA's?What does MA mean?But yeah regular spartans have done that.3 or 4 I think.I wouldn't be so sure that slade has better then chief.I mean shief has been trained for 37 years with biological enchancements and a suit that increases all of his stats(I think its 3 fold IIRC but I could be wrong).Created to be the best of the best of the best.I'd say he could at least match slade in skill.

Omega Vision
Thanks

So yeah.Impressive taking a punch and I don't want to downplay it but it is just one punch.

4 spartans killing 1000 grunts,going hand to hand with elites and beating them(and holding thier own against brutes),being peak human before the halos SSS and then enchanced again through the suit.

Speedsters like?Like I said I may have been wrong about it but chief has great combat speed too.Whats his best combat speed feat?

Elites MA's?What does MA mean?But yeah regular spartans have done that.3 or 4 I think.I wouldn't be so sure that slade has better then chief.I mean shief has been trained for 37 years with biological enchancements and a suit that increases all of his stats(I think its 3 fold IIRC but I could be wrong).Created to be the best of the best of the best.I'd say he could at least match slade in skill.
One punch that would crush an ordinary human's skull.

Grunts are fodder, besides was it in pur h/h or did the Spartans have guns?

Going h/h with Brutes and Elites is impressive but considering Spartans are the physical equal of Elites and at least close to Brutes in that regard this isn't much of an accomplishment. Deathstroke engaging Wonder Woman is much more impressive given the gap in stats is much larger and given that Wonder Woman is more skilled than Master Chief.

Speedsters like Flash, Impulse, Captain Marvel Jr, and Kid Flash. In Identity Crisis Green Arrow stated (just before Slade stabbed Flash) that while Slade couldn't beat Flash in a footrace he was "faster where it counts".

Now I don't actually think that's correct, I just believe that Slade is fast enough that when combined with his enhanced senses he can react to and thwart a Flash speedblitz.

Hard to say what DS's greatest combat feat is. Without a doubt his best showing was when he pwned the Justice League in Identity Crisis but without prep of any kind I'd say him holding his own against the Teen Titans without any prep while they were more or less bloodlusted.

Elite MA: Elite Martial Artist.

There are no martial artists in the Haloverse who can compare to the Top Tiers of DC and Marvel, that's not a strike against Halo, it just means that Halo's emphasis on MA is much less pronounced. That's only natural since the Universe is based around a shooter game.

Deathstroke has beaten multiple elite Martial Artists at the same time whereas MC's greatest skill feat seems to be "engaging Elites in h/h".

Deathstroke's enhancements have usually been stated as having increased his attributes tenfold, though his reflexes and rate of healing have been increased far beyond a 10x effect.

amnesia
Slade wins.

Black bolt z
One punch that would crush an ordinary human's skull.

Grunts are fodder, besides was it in pur h/h or did the Spartans have guns?

Going h/h with Brutes and Elites is impressive but considering Spartans are the physical equal of Elites and at least close to Brutes in that regard this isn't much of an accomplishment. Deathstroke engaging Wonder Woman is much more impressive given the gap in stats is much larger and given that Wonder Woman is more skilled than Master Chief.

Speedsters like Flash, Impulse, Captain Marvel Jr, and Kid Flash. In Identity Crisis Green Arrow stated (just before Slade stabbed Flash) that while Slade couldn't beat Flash in a footrace he was "faster where it counts".

Now I don't actually think that's correct, I just believe that Slade is fast enough that when combined with his enhanced senses he can react to and thwart a Flash speedblitz.

Hard to say what DS's greatest combat feat is. Without a doubt his best showing was when he pwned the Justice League in Identity Crisis but without prep of any kind I'd say him holding his own against the Teen Titans without any prep while they were more or less bloodlusted.

Elite MA: Elite Martial Artist.

There are no martial artists in the Haloverse who can compare to the Top Tiers of DC and Marvel, that's not a strike against Halo, it just means that Halo's emphasis on MA is much less pronounced. That's only natural since the Universe is based around a shooter game.

Deathstroke has beaten multiple elite Martial Artists at the same time whereas MC's greatest skill feat seems to be "engaging Elites in h/h".

Deathstroke's enhancements have usually been stated as having increased his attributes tenfold, though his reflexes and rate of healing have been increased far beyond a 10x effect. I don't doubt that.Just gonna say that chief pretty much did the exact same thing to 3 ODST's he was fighting in a boxing ring(without armor or shields)at the same time.He pretty much one-shotted them each.

Yes they are.But 4 vs. 1000 and the grunts had plasma turrents mounted and had wraiths.

Two things.Haven't looked at the scans yet so who won that fight?WW or slade?Cuz you said WW was holding back and not saying its not impressive but to be beaten by a holding back someone.Then again it is wonder woman and I will give him a big piece of credit for that.Is that his one of his higher H2h feats?

Having a high agility is where it counts.And slade does have a much higher agility then chief which will be a big advantage.

And he is.I'm not sure about combat speed but slade does have agility and senses(senses only by a little)on him.

Okay thats a couple points for DS.Did he have weapons or was it just him H2h?Cuz that does make a difference.If you give chief weapons he could come close to doing that.Not nessicarily do it though.

Oh...I thought you were talking about actual elites.

The reason I say that chief can match people like cap and batman in skills is he has over 30 years of experience,has every war medal except prisinor of war,has been biologically enchanced like cap and then had everything increased 3 fold by his suit.

No thats not it.Its an impressive feat engaging elites in fist fights and skills.All of them are trained like spartans.And no that is not his greatest feat.I know that.

Impressive.So so far

Strength: Chief
Durability: Amor and shields gives chief the win.
HF: Slade gets a high HF instead of durability
Speed:As for running speed chief
Combat speed: Debateable but leaning towards Slade now.
Skill: Debateable.Depends how you define skill.If you go by H2h ability alone I might say chief.But if you go by MA abilities it goes to slade.

But the problem I see wil slade putting down chief is his armor and shields.Yes slade may be more agile and yes slade may be the better H2h fighter but chiefs armor is designed to take multiple shots for plasma guns which easily eat through the hulls of spave ships.

His armor was also unscathed after falling through the atmosphere and crash landing from miles up. He basically just fell from space.

I'm leaning toward Slade winning, personally, but I think he is going to have a hell of a time putting the Chief down.

Black bolt z
His armor was also unscathed after falling through the atmosphere and crash landing from miles up. He basically just fell from space.

I'm leaning toward Slade winning, personally, but I think he is going to have a hell of a time putting the Chief down. How does slade put chief down?Really the only weapon the the battlefield that can put chief down for the count is the plasma grenade.And going by the books hes less likely to get shot then it might seem.

Omega Vision
As I said at the beginning Slade's bo-staff has a shot at overpowering Chief's shield and his sword is absurdly sharp.

Don't forget that in Scenario One Slade has access to plasma grenades and other Haloverse weaponry.

marwash22
Oh shit son @ the idea of Slade getting a hold of Halo weapons...

Black bolt z
As I said at the beginning Slade's bo-staff has a shot at overpowering Chief's shield and his sword is absurdly sharp.

Don't forget that in Scenario One Slade has access to plasma grenades and other Haloverse weaponry. I relize that and i'm sure he can master them quickly but really with chiefs speed and agility + his mastery of all weapons on the field I only see the plasma grenade taking him down.And any of the plasma weapons would just eat away at slade in seconds.3-5 good shots from a plasma weapon and slade is dead.Chiefs armor was designed to take plasma.

Omega Vision
I relize that and i'm sure he can master them quickly but really with chiefs speed and agility + his mastery of all weapons on the field I only see the plasma grenade taking him down.And any of the plasma weapons would just eat away at slade in seconds.3-5 good shots from a plasma weapon and slade is dead.Chiefs armor was designed to take plasma.
Slade tanking a starbolt to the chest somewhat conflicts with that assessment.

Slade tanking a starbolt to the chest somewhat conflicts with that assessment.

It didn't kill him but look at his armor after he gets blasted; it looks like it's been split open or something.

Black bolt z
Slade tanking a starbolt to the chest somewhat conflicts with that assessment. What are the characterisitics of a star bolt?How does it work?

Because the reason I say that is is way plasma weapons work.I single plasma bolt from a rapid fire plasma weapon ate(meaning pretty much vaporized)3 feet into a solid metal wall.

Etna
Slade seems to be winning imo
Omega Vision is a pretty good spokemen for Slade. big grin
It looks like Chief needs Ms. Marvel

All this is making me wanna know more about Slade!

I gots another question though. I played Halo before, if I remember correctly the swords/hammers in that game was an auto kill.
Slade has a sword and a staff. So how much damage would those things do to Chiefs armor?

Black bolt z

I gots another question though. I played Halo before, if I remember correctly the swords/hammers in that game was an auto kill.
Slade has a sword and a staff. So how much damage would those things do to Chiefs armor? A regular sword wouldn't break through his shields.They only do in the game because the swords are made of (I think its superheated)plasma.So it doesn't actually cut it.The second it touches something it just starts eating through the shields,armor,skin of the person.So if you slash someone with it it pretty much just rips through everything and kills right away.

The hammer I am not completely sure.I couldn't tell you how that works but my guess would just be a massive release of concussive force.Its like being hit point blank with multiple grenades.

r0nm0n88

The hammer I am not completely sure.I couldn't tell you how that works but my guess would just be a massive release of concussive force.Its like being hit point blank with multiple grenades.

well it is a gravity hammer, so yeh its probably just a insane amount of concussive force being pushed on someone. would also explain why one would go flying when hit with it.

Omega Vision

Slade has a sword and a staff. So how much damage would those things do to Chiefs armor?
The bo-staff could definitely take down Chief's shield considering it vaporized a helicopter once.

Slade once cut a car in half with his sword, its absurdly sharp for a seemingly "normal" blade.

marwash22
i think cutting a car in half has more to do with him, than it does the sharpness of the blade. In any event, it's impressive.

Black bolt z
The bo-staff could definitely take down Chief's shield considering it vaporized a helicopter once.

Slade once cut a car in half with his sword, its absurdly sharp for a seemingly "normal" blade. When did he vaporize a helicopter?

It didn't look like an normal blade.In one of the scans it looked like it was like some sort of energy sword and in another it looked like a regular one.Originally posted by marwash22
i think cutting a car in half has more to do with him, than it does the sharpness of the blade. In any event, it's impressive. I'll agree with this.

Omega Vision
When did he vaporize a helicopter?

It didn't look like an normal blade.In one of the scans it looked like it was like some sort of energy sword and in another it looked like a regular one. I'll agree with this.
Here:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/new_titans_v2_070_17_rougher.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/new_titans_v2_070_18_rougher.jpg
After shooting them with his staff there's literally nothing left of the helicopters.

The blade was on fire, though I'm not entirely sure why.

Black bolt z
Here:
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/new_titans_v2_070_17_rougher.jpg
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/new_titans_v2_070_18_rougher.jpg
After shooting them with his staff there's literally nothing left of the helicopters.

The blade was on fire, though I'm not entirely sure why. Okay I'll admit a good shot from that would most likely brake caps shields.

I'm seeing this as a very even fight.Chiefs armor is designed to take more damage.Hes also hard to hit.Slade can take quite as much damage but hes also harder to hit then chief.

Ms.Marvel

Slade once cut a car in half with his sword, its absurdly sharp for a seemingly "normal" blade.

Helicopters have nearly zero resistance to any kind of damage at all... its designed for flight, meaning the metal is extremely thin and light. the same is true for airplanes, you can actually stab a butter knife through the skin of an air plane if youre strong enough.

to reiterate spartan armor can survive falling multiple miles through the air without a scratch, and can handle the heat of going through atmospheric reentry. being able to melt through a helicopter or cut a car in half won't do anything isnt enough to penetrate his armor.

the only reason i havent posted more is because the fight seems really close to me.

so far in my mind i picture the chief winning scenario two while slade can take scenario 1 assuming he gets his hands on a plasma rifle.

the only thing thats really bugging me is that feat where he tags the flash. what did they mean by him being faster in the right ways or whatever?

marwash22
^ i agree with the argument in principle, but really, if you're that strong, you can poke your finger through the helicopter and wouldn't even need the butter knife.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by marwash22
^ i agree with the argument in principle, but really, if you're that strong, you can poke your finger through the helicopter and wouldn't even need the butter knife. I think she means that a regular person(mabye on the strong side)can cut it.Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
Helicopters have nearly zero resistance to any kind of damage at all... its designed for flight, meaning the metal is extremely thin and light. the same is true for airplanes, you can actually stab a butter knife through the skin of an air plane if youre strong enough.

to reiterate spartan armor can survive falling multiple miles through the air without a scratch, and can handle the heat of going through atmospheric reentry. being able to melt through a helicopter or cut a car in half won't do anything isnt enough to penetrate his armor.

the only reason i havent posted more is because the fight seems really close to me.

so far in my mind i picture the chief winning scenario two while slade can take scenario 1 assuming he gets his hands on a plasma rifle.

the only thing thats really bugging me is that feat where he tags the flash. what did they mean by him being faster in the right ways or whatever? I like you.

I think they mean they slade is right in the fast ways like he is agile.Mabye not necessarily fast in running speed but he can easily do flips and such.

Etna

the only thing thats really bugging me is that feat where he tags the flash. what did they mean by him being faster in the right ways or whatever?

I think what it means is, he is a quick thinker and very fast when it comes to battle reflexes. Things like that

Not Fast in General, like the Flash an any other regular speedster. But just a great warrior

Tactically there's no comparison, Chief is good but no way could he match Slade when it comes to on-the-fly thinking.

Omega vision mentioned it before. If this is related to what I think that means

Omega Vision

There's a key difference between shooting down a helicopter and COMPLETELY vaporizing one. Slade's staff blast did the latter.

Green Arrow seemed to believe that while Slade's travel speed was much slower than the Flash his reflexes and ability to react and make the right move at the right time are better.

Its backed up by multiple cases of him outmaneuvering/outreacting speedsters like Superman, Captain Marvel Jr, Flash, and Kid Flash.

Of course if any of those people were genuinely going all out Slade would be a statue. Fortunately speedsters rarely go all out, otherwise all their comics would last a page.

amnesia
Omega is 100% right.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by amnesia
Omega is 100% right. About?
You mean what he posted above?Yes.

amnesia
About?
You mean what he posted above?Yes.

Omega is always right.

Etna
Omega Vision sounds the most convincing here.

I wanna ask something about that Bo-Staff and the helicopter thing. Can't a rocket launcher instantly kill master chief in the game?

The way that bo staff looked, destroying that choppa. In that one picture,
It seems as strong if not stronger then those rockets in the game. Which destroy those big ships called Banshees or Ghost..? Instantly as well

Omega Vision

I wanna ask something about that Bo-Staff and the helicopter thing. Can't a rocket launcher instantly kill master chief in the game?

It seems as strong if not stronger then those rockets in the game. Which destroy those big ships called Banshees or Ghost..? Instantly as well
Yeah I'd say the bo-staff blast is comparable to the rocket launcher.

Though considering MC can apparently survive reentry every time MC's shield or armor gets damaged by sustained fire from a .22 SMG is a case of PIS.

Also remember that blunt force can apparently deplete the shields as well.

Black bolt z

It seems as strong if not stronger then those rockets in the game. Which destroy those big ships called Banshees or Ghost..? Instantly as well Its a really big rocket but yes.Originally posted by amnesia
Omega is always right. No thats Mr. Masters....and me big grinOriginally posted by Omega Vision

Though considering MC can apparently survive reentry every time MC's shield or armor gets damaged by sustained fire from a .22 SMG is a case of PIS.

Also remember that blunt force can apparently deplete the shields as well. I remember when they survived a fall from miles.It is a much higher damage then a bullet but this is why they lived.

They are all experts on damage taking so they knew exactly how to fall.
The leader spartan was giving commands the second they needed to be done to survive.
Like 8 of them had broken bones,someof them couldn't walk and 4 of them died.

Yes some survived but its not like it was a walk in the park.So no taking damage from a .22 SMG is not PIS.

A lot of blunt force but yet.

I still see a problem with either of them(slade on the more side)being hit.Chief can take more damage but it more likely to get hit.

Slad can't take quite as much damage but is harder to hit.

But when using regular guns can he dodge bullets?Plasma moves slow but not bullets.

amnesia
and me big grin

laughing

jalek moye

yea the gameplay damage of guns isnt really the canon. Hes pretty much bullet proof.

Slades staff should be higher enough to be more effective then most of the weapons that the game characters carry though

Etna
"Falling from Space" I keep reading this feat over and over in this topic. Its getting old. But i guess if thats most of what Master Chief has done, then i guess MCs side can't help it.

It sounds like MC space suit has a crap load "Shock Absorbent". But I believe this is different from bullet penetrating.

They are all experts on damage taking so they knew exactly how to fall.

How can you be an expert at taking damage?

Is there a video of MC Falling expertly?

Black bolt z
"Falling from Space" I keep reading this feat over and over in this topic. Its getting old. But i guess if thats most of what Master Chief has done, then i guess MCs side can't help it.

It sounds like MC space suit has a crap load "Shock Absorbent". But I believe this is different from bullet penetrating.

How can you be an expert at taking damage?

Is there a video of MC Falling expertly? Sorry that came out wrong.

They have pretty much been trained in everything.A spartan(all of them there)knew the exact right position to minimize damage when falling from great heights.

Wei Phoenix
Sorry that came out wrong.

They have pretty much been trained in everything.A spartan(all of them there)knew the exact right position to minimize damage when falling from great heights.

Is that actually stated somewhere?

Black bolt z
Is that actually stated somewhere? In the book...

Omega Vision
In the book...
Which one? There are like five of them.

Black bolt z
Which one? There are like five of them. Its in the first hundred pages of the "first strike" halo book.

Lord_Talron
slade.

Ms.Marvel
hes referring to "first strike", when fred and linda and a bunch of other spartans fell from a destroyed pelican and landed.

im referring to this scene. "how far did he fall? two kilometers, easy." the damage soak is insane.

im not so sure. it wasnt "vaporized" because the ba-room! implies an explosion, and the explosion could have been caused by the fuel tank exploding. would it be possible for you to provide some other instances where he used the staff? id like to see if it has that same affect on all objects.

yes! i feel conflicted on those feats though... i feel like DC was trying to showcase how deadly slade is but at the same time copped out. if theyre holding back their speed, then how much are they holding back? it doesnt necessarily matter cause i think slades got the speed to tag the chief but johns no slouch in speed either. as i mentioned before to his perception bullets move in slow motion, and hes shown good enough reflexes to slap a missile out of the air that was fired from a jet fighter (he also tanked the ensuing explosion, although he didnt take the brunt of the explosion.

Etna

im referring to this scene. "how far did he fall? two kilometers, easy." the damage soak is insane.

That didn't look like he expertly fell, thats for sure. stick out tongue

I am going to accuse this video and how MC lived, as PIS. The A.I. women, (Cortana?) she basically said that the reason he lived was "Luck"

Omega Vision
hes referring to "first strike", when fred and linda and a bunch of other spartans fell from a destroyed pelican and landed.

im not so sure. it wasnt "vaporized" because the ba-room! implies an explosion, and the explosion could have been caused by the fuel tank exploding. would it be possible for you to provide some other instances where he used the staff? id like to see if it has that same affect on all objects.

yes! i feel conflicted on those feats though... i feel like DC was trying to showcase how deadly slade is but at the same time copped out. if theyre holding back their speed, then how much are they holding back? it doesnt necessarily matter cause i think slades got the speed to tag the chief but johns no slouch in speed either. as i mentioned before to his perception bullets move in slow motion, and hes shown good enough reflexes to slap a missile out of the air that was fired from a jet fighter (he also tanked the ensuing explosion, although he didnt take the brunt of the explosion.
Is that a trailer?

Trailers aren't canon.

Etna
Is that a trailer?

Trailers aren't canon.

Its not a trailer. Its the intro to the Halo 3 game
name of the video said "Halo 3 Intro"

Omega Vision
Its not a trailer. Its the intro to the Halo 3 game
name of the video said "Halo 3 Intro"
Hmm...k. That's true.

Still him getting knocked unconscious would count as a forum win, so while it is very impressive it isn't as impressive as if he had simply brushed himself off immediately after impact.

I am going to accuse this video and how MC lived, as PIS. The A.I. women, (Cortana?) she basically said that the reason he lived was "Luck"
Yeah it reminds me a bit of the scene in the new I-Can't-Believe-Its-Not-Indiana-Jones movie where Indy survives a nuke by locking himself inside of a lead-lined fridge.

As I said above though him surviving but being KOed wouldn't count as a forum win, because if we want to start comparing "WTF he survived that!" feats Deathstroke has him beat.

Deathstroke has actually come back from the dead several times.

Lord_Talron
Yeah it reminds me a bit of the scene in the new I-Can't-Believe-Its-Not-Indiana-Jones movie where Indy survives a nuke by locking himself inside of a lead-lined fridge. oh god... that scene

anyways, hes right, while the suit could definitely keep his bones and stuff from suffering, his internal organs would still be turned to complete mush

Ms.Marvel
Hmm...k. That's true.

Still him getting knocked unconscious would count as a forum win, so while it is very impressive it isn't as impressive as if he had simply brushed himself off immediately after impact.

the point of showing the scene was to show that the armor itself didnt get even scratched from it, thus i dont think slade can pierce it stick out tongue

but regardless, him being KO'd by it only matters if the kinetic force that slade dishes out with every hit is equal to the kinetic force of falling through the atmosphere and then two kilometers to the ground while wearing thousand pound armor.

edit- you guys dont seem to realize that john is not just a regular human who wears super armor, like iron man. hes a cyborg. his body was mutated and operated on so his internals are all super human in strength and durability. clicky!

Etna
the point of showing the scene was to show that the armor itself didnt get even scratched from it, thus i dont think slade can pierce it stick out tongue

And as I said before, piercing and shock impact damage is two different things.
I can throw a pillow from an airplane, and it'll land just fine. But that doesn't mean it can survive a shot from a bullet, or a rocket launcher.

What does that have to do with her post? ermm

Omega Vision

but regardless, him being KO'd by it only matters if the kinetic force that slade dishes out with every hit is equal to the kinetic force of falling through the atmosphere and then two kilometers to the ground while wearing thousand pound armor.

edit- you guys dont seem to realize that john is not just a regular human who wears super armor, like iron man. hes a cyborg. his body was mutated and operated on so his internals are all super human in strength and durability. clicky!
Resisting heat and absorbing kinetic impact doesn't mean the armor can't be pierced by a sharp blade.

I understand that Master Chief is super with or without his suit, but then so is Slade.

The coolest thing about Slade is that he only uses 90% of his brain yet still outsmarts entire teams of super heroes. He's the smartest brain damaged person in all of fiction. durlaugh

Etna
What does that have to do with her post? ermm

If you read carefully what I had quoted, you'd know.

If you read carefully what I had quoted, you'd know.

Well, apparently I'm unable to, or else I would. So, you should just tell me. no expression

Etna
Well, apparently I'm unable to, or else I would. So, you should just tell me. no expression

...? are you angry about something? confused

Well, I guess I'll explain myself in case other people do not get it as well.
She is talking about a character who fell from great heights, and surviving after the fall. That means the character and/or his suit, is shock proof.
Then she concluded that Slade (The opposing character), using weaponry can not "pierce" him

I then countered her conclusion, that "Piercing" and "Shock damage" are 2 different types of ways to damage something.
I then gave an example of the two words, and showing why they are different.

Omega Vision then posted something similar in different wording. I'll add it together with this post in case you did not understand that one either.

Resisting heat and absorbing kinetic impact doesn't mean the armor can't be pierced by a sharp blade.

If you still do not understand why my post had something to do with her post. Then I apologize

Ms.Marvel
i was using pierce in the context of penetrating in general, not specifically cutting or stabbing.

Wei Phoenix
My favorite Blaxican and Dominican are debating with one another. Which side do I choose? Although Blax already said he's leaning towards Slade IIRC

Etna
My favorite Blaxican and Dominican are debating with one another. Which side do I choose? Although Blax already said he's leaning towards Slade IIRC

big grin I'm not debating with him. He doesn't understand my posts, so I had explain it to him.
Which I guess helps, since maybe others don't understand me either.

but yes, judging from what Omega Vision saids about Slade. It seems he is smarter then MC when it comes to battle tactics.

...? are you angry about something? confused

I could never be mad at you, sugarbooger.

I think you took the wording too literally.

I am. mmm

Was? I feel like no one is actually making any real declerations. It's all kind of like... fluff.

Black bolt z

I am going to accuse this video and how MC lived, as PIS. The A.I. women, (Cortana?) she basically said that the reason he lived was "Luck" No cortana chose to use bond with chief as his spartan because all spartans had the same qualities.But he had a bonus one.Luck she said.And multiple time in the book it is said that chief has a good luck thing going on for him.Originally posted by Omega Vision
Hmm...k. That's true.

Yeah it reminds me a bit of the scene in the new I-Can't-Believe-Its-Not-Indiana-Jones movie where Indy survives a nuke by locking himself inside of a lead-lined fridge.

As I said above though him surviving but being KOed wouldn't count as a forum win, because if we want to start comparing "WTF he survived that!" feats Deathstroke has him beat.

Deathstroke has actually come back from the dead several times. Coming back from that dead would give chief the win.He may have come back but he did die thus its a win.Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
What does that have to do with her post? ermm Yeah really

Black bolt z
big grin I'm not debating with him. He doesn't understand my posts, so I had explain it to him.
Which I guess helps, since maybe others don't understand me either.

but yes, judging from what Omega Vision saids about Slade. It seems he is smarter then MC when it comes to battle tactics. As I have said before chief has formulated escape plans that can get everyone to safety and destroy convenant ships in the process.And much more amazing stuff then that.

Battle tactics slade may be good but chief was raised for war.I think he has it there

Omega Vision
No cortana chose to use bond with chief as his spartan because all spartans had the same qualities.But he had a bonus one.Luck she said.And multiple time in the book it is said that chief has a good luck thing going on for him. Coming back from that dead would give chief the win.He may have come back but he did die thus its a win. Yeah really
I realize that. I was just comparing Chief surviving the crash but being knocked unconscious to Slade coming back from the dead as examples of things that are moot for the purpose of debating.

Black bolt z
I realize that. I was just comparing Chief surviving the crash but being knocked unconscious to Slade coming back from the dead as examples of things that are moot for the purpose of debating. OK point taken.

ScreamPaste
Terminal velocity severely limits the force taken by the suit in the fall. >_>

Enough force could replicate the lock up. 131

Sorry, Ms. Marvel. D:

If you toss a tennis ball into the air it will also fall down.

Sorry Scream D:

ScreamPaste
I am confused and aroused by your observation of basic physics. mmm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I am confused and aroused by your observation of basic physics. mmm But these are comics!

Black bolt z
Anyone?

quanchi112
But these are comics! He doesn't understand that in fiction physics don't have to matter.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by quanchi112
He doesn't understand that in fiction physics don't have to matter.
Actually, unless there's a specific reason to disregard them, physics are really important. no expression It tells us how much force Chief's suit actually took.

Etna
As I have said before chief has formulated escape plans that can get everyone to safety and destroy convenant ships in the process.And much more amazing stuff then that.

We talking about a 1on1 battle though, not giant ships or caring about anyones to safety.
He has to do a battle plan with someone he has never fought before. Someone who actually thinks very well himself, and fights very well himself.

It seems Deathstroke is used to fighting against and with any meta-humans. Hell, some of the pictures Omega has provided, shows that he has fought human military as well.

While Chief fights Aliens with Weaponry

Has there been a time Master Chief had to counter a battle plan against another smart, heavily trained and strong person?
a 1on1 battle?
Sounds like Deadstroke has, even a "Team" of them.

And much more amazing stuff then that.

If there are more "Amazing" stuff then that. You should try naming them instead of keeping us anticipated. I'm biting my nails here thinking about what exciting thing Master Chief has done aside from saving people, falling, and fighting h2h with big aliens.

Battle tactics slade may be good but chief was raised for war.I think he has it there

Alright, someone who was raised for war. I guess thats all it takes to win these kind of battles. The fact that he has been raised for war
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Omega Vision
^ Yeah, Master Chief is formidable and in many ways similar to Deathstroke but he lacks Deathstroke's feats against incredibly powerful opponents. Master Chief's greatest feats IMO (from the games, I haven't actually read any of the books start to finish) are taking down the Scarab and defeating amped Tartarus with a lot of assistance.

Master Chief has two real advantages: strength and durability. Neither of them are game breakers for Slade though based on his history.

^ Yeah, Master Chief is formidable and in many ways similar to Deathstroke but he lacks Deathstroke's feats against incredibly powerful opponents.

The problem with using those feats is that his opponents all seemed to be holding back to an extent. It's hard to quantify what extent that is exactly. That's generally one of the main contentions toward using ABC logic.

Ms.Marvel
Has there been a time Master Chief had to counter a battle plan against another smart, heavily trained and strong person?
a 1on1 battle?

An interesting point to note would be that even with the mjolnir armor and even with all of his increased attributes, he's still barely on the same level of elites when it comes to strength speed and durability, while brutes are physically superior by a definite magnitude. the ease with which john dispatches them is attributed specifically to his skill, not largely due to enhancements.

as for firepower, not sure why'd you bring that up.. slade himself isnt more heavily armed then the average covenant squad or even an elite really...

Omega Vision
The problem with using those feats is that his opponents all seemed to be holding back to an extent. It's hard to quantify what extent that is exactly. That's generally one of the main contentions toward using ABC logic.
A holding back Donna Troy or Starfire (who wasn't holding back all that much in their fight btw) is still more powerful than Master Chief by far.

A holding back Donna Troy or Starfire (who wasn't holding back all that much in their fight btw) is still more powerful than Master Chief by far.

Well that would depend an awful lot on how much they're holding back, wouldn't it?

Omega Vision
Well that would depend an awful lot on how much they're holding back, wouldn't it?
IN the case of Donna Troy she wasn't holding back as much as she would have as Wonder Girl since at the time she was a Dark Star. Now Slade does admit that she did show some hesitation to use lethal force but that doesn't change the fact that she wasn't being very gentle with him.

Starfire was pretty pissed in their encounter, so this wasn't the standard "handle him with kid gloves" scenario.

Well admittedly, I don't know comics like you do, and I'm not going to challenge a man wearing a Deathstroke signature, on deathstroke lore. stick out tongue

So, I'll go with you on that.

Omega Vision
Well admittedly, I don't know comics like you do, and I'm not going to challenge a man wearing a Deathstroke signature, on deathstroke lore. stick out tongue

So, I'll go with you on that.
And in return I won't challenge you on...whoever it is that's in your sig. stick out tongue

Black bolt z
We talking about a 1on1 battle though, not giant ships or caring about anyones to safety.
He has to do a battle plan with someone he has never fought before. Someone who actually thinks very well himself, and fights very well himself.

It seems Deathstroke is used to fighting against and with any meta-humans. Hell, some of the pictures Omega has provided, shows that he has fought human military as well.

While Chief fights Aliens with Weaponry

a 1on1 battle?
Sounds like Deadstroke has, even a "Team" of them.

If there are more "Amazing" stuff then that. You should try naming them instead of keeping us anticipated. I'm biting my nails here thinking about what exciting thing Master Chief has done aside from saving people, falling, and fighting h2h with big aliens.

Alright, someone who was raised for war. I guess thats all it takes to win these kind of battles. The fact that he has been raised for war
roll eyes (sarcastic) pretty much just the covenant.Great stategist they'd have to be but prob not DS level.Although hes always at least 1 step ahead.

I can't think of any right now no expression

Well chiefs life was devoted to be nothing but the perfect solider.Hes got the mind of the best human there could ever be and add biotic and mechanical amps.

I just thought of something.Cortana is part of chiefs armor and powerset since the first game.Could she not be with him and outsmart him?I think that cortana could make battle tactics faster then either of them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.