The New Fantastic Four vs. The Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Maguire's Spider-Man, Norton's Hulk, Jackman's Wolverine, and Cage's Ghost Rider

a.k.a.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/NEWFF.jpg

vs.

The Fantastic Four

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/fantastic-fourmovie.jpg

Fight takes place in Time's Square at night.

Darth Martin
Hulk would solo.

Wolverine is useless as any member would beat him.

Spider-Man would likely give all of them trouble as he tends to fight villains who are more powerful than he is but I doubt he's that big of a threat.

Ghost Rider is tricky. Penance Stare wouldn't work.

Impediment
Kinda doubt Hulk could solo that easily. Sue could contain him for a few minutes before tiring of exhaustion, and Ben, while not nearly as strong as Hulk, could give Hulk a run for his money. Also, Reed was, in fact, strong enough to hold Ben back when Ben and Johnny got into it. Johnny clearly has aerial advantage here. Logan could cut into Ben's hide and even Reed's skin, too. GR is tricky here. He's on his bike and has mystical power's from Hell. I think that he could be the wild card here.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Impediment
Maguire's Spider-Man, Norton's Hulk, Jackman's Wolverine, and Cage's Ghost Rider

a.k.a.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/NEWFF.jpg

vs.

The Fantastic Four

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/fantastic-fourmovie.jpg

Fight takes place in Time's Square at night. and you tell me not to make threads. wow come on now ghost rider or hulk would solo the FF

marwash22
based on the "feats on seen on screen" rule everyone loves to cite, Ghost Rider is a shell of his comic counterpart, and thus, he is irrelevant.

Spidey is good for a distraction, but that's about it, he's not taking out anyone on the other team.

The only person Wolverine can take out is Reed.

Hulk solos... or it's a stalemate.

Impediment
Originally posted by chomperx9
and you tell me not to make threads. wow come on now ghost rider or hulk would solo the FF

Instead of vague comments like this, how about citing reasons why.

Hulk is not invincible, you know.

Impediment
Originally posted by marwash22
based on the "feats on seen on screen" rule everyone loves to cite, Ghost Rider is a shell of his comic counterpart, and thus, he is irrelevant.

Spidey is good for a distraction, but that's about it, he's not taking out anyone on the other team.

The only person Wolverine can take out is Reed.

Hulk solos... or it's a stalemate.

Two words: Spider sense.

Care to elaborate how Hulk solos?

marwash22
Spidey sense and agility will definitely keep him from getting rocked by Thing, but he simply isn't capable to taking any one out. Any of them could possibly catch Sue off guard though.

Hulk solos because...

He owns Ben, easily.
He can easily knock out Reed
Sue's shield wouldn't last very long.

Johnny is the only problem due to flying, which is why it may be a stalemate.

EDIT: Reed does have a pretty good feat where he keeps a bridge (or whatever it was) together. He could possibly wrap himself around Hulk to restraint him, but that would only last until Hulk gets pissed enough to break free.

Impediment
Reed was strong enough to restrain Ben when Ben and Johnny got into a fight.

Ghost Rider, while a shell of his comic self, I agree, still has mystical powers from Hell. The FF have cosmic powers. Tell me how Sue can kill GR?

Wolverine's healing factor kept him alive from Dark Phoenix's TK blasts that ripped off his skin. I'm sure he could shrug off some of Johnny's fire.

BTW, I'm actually neutral right now as to who wins this fight. I really just want to hear more informed opinions rather than "he solos" or "stalemate". C'mon, guys. Use your imagination!

chomperx9
Instead of vague comments like this, how about citing reasons why.

Hulk is not invincible, you know. strength wise and durability he would own FF movie version. and give me one good reason why the penance stare would not work on the FF ? what could they possibly do to blaze as well ?

ur comparing bens strength to hulks ? all hulk would need to do is thunderclap and knock down reeed.

Impediment
Reed is elastic. He can bend and morph into almost anything he can imagine. Pretty sure a thunderclap would just be a minor setback.

Impediment
I'm still trying to figure how GR would figure into this fight. His powers are supernatural and he is, for lack of a better word, hard to kill by conventional means.

Rogue Jedi
IMO they cannot kill GR. I mean how do you kill him?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
IMO they cannot kill GR. I mean how do you kill him?

there is nothing the FF can do to Blaze methinks..

chomperx9
Reed is elastic. He can bend and morph into almost anything he can imagine. Pretty sure a thunderclap would just be a minor setback. still reed wrapping around hulk isnt gonna work. hulks strength level can still do some damage to reed

Impediment
E-las-tic.

Tell me how Hulk can damage e-las-tic.

Rogue Jedi
Is this fight to the death?

marwash22
E-las-tic.

Tell me how Hulk can damage e-las-tic. Reed can be knocked out and his elasticity can be taxed.

chomperx9
E-las-tic.

Tell me how Hulk can damage e-las-tic. pulling it to death. reeds strechability has a limit. plastic man would give hulk a harder time

Impediment
Is this fight to the death?

Mmmmm......hard to say.

With the exception of Spider-Man, the New FF have no problem with killing.

The FF probably would never.

No death. Submission only, then.

Impediment
pulling it to death. reeds strechability has a limit. plastic man would give hulk a harder time

Explain to me, then, how Hulk "pulls" Mister Fantastic to death, seeing as how MF can stretch to over 500 yards easy.

Impediment
Reed can be knocked out and his elasticity can be taxed.

How? Still waiting for an informed answer instead of vague assumptions.

chomperx9
Explain to me, then, how Hulk "pulls" Mister Fantastic to death, seeing as how MF can stretch to over 500 yards easy. tie his ass up in a knot and pulls hard as hell.

marwash22
How? Still waiting for an informed answer instead of vague assumptions. can i use comic examples of how Reed has been knocked out?

Rogue Jedi
E-las-tic.

Tell me how Hulk can damage e-las-tic. Put him in his mouth, chew him up, shit him out. Bong.

Placidity

Wolverine's healing factor kept him alive from Dark Phoenix's TK blasts that ripped off his skin. I'm sure he could shrug off some of Johnny's fire.

She wasn't using her full powers on him. If she had he'd been a goner.

Wolvie can't handle Johnny's heat. Think what Doom looked like after Torch had one round with him. Wolvie would be a crisp after that.

I think this is a stalemate though. I don't see GR is going down.

On the other hand, no one can reach Torch, or Sue if she goes invisible. And if she can do the bubble in the brain thing, she could KO Hulk, but thats still not an auto-win.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Placidity
She wasn't using her full powers on him. If she had he'd been a goner.

Wolvie can't handle Johnny's heat. Think what Doom looked like after Torch had one round with him. Wolvie would be a crisp after that.

I think this is a stalemate though. I don't see GR is going down.

On the other hand, no one can reach Torch, or Sue if she goes invisible. And if she can do the bubble in the brain thing, she could KO Hulk, but thats still not an auto-win. logan can still smell where sue is

Placidity
logan can still smell where sue is

He can smell her presence, doesn't mean he can pinpoint her.

Even if he could, he is the only one, and he ain't getting past her shields.

marwash22
logan can still smell where sue is thumb up

He can smell her presence, doesn't mean he can pinpoint her.

Even if he could, he is the only one, and he ain't getting past her shields. i dunno about that. If he goes apeshit on her shiled, she'd fatigue long before he does. Also, he and Hulk can team up... Hulk can throw a thunderclap her way and she's out.

Darth Martin
Care to elaborate how Hulk solos? Thing wouldn't give Hulk a run for his money. Hulk is alot faster and bigger than Thing. Thing is pretty durable and strong but I doubt he's as good in those areas as Hulk. Hulk has also shown he's a better fighter so the intelligence factor that Thing has in the comics is sort of irrelevant.

Placidity
thumb up

i dunno about that. If he goes apeshit on her shiled, she'd fatigue long before he does. Also, he and Hulk can team up... Hulk can throw a thunderclap her way and she's out.

Um yea, I'm not even going to attempt to respond to this till you can prove Wolvie can pinpoint someone by scent alone.

BTW, she also has a telekinetic push attack.

Rogue Jedi
Um yea, I'm not even going to attempt to respond to this till you can prove Wolvie can pinpoint someone by scent alone.

BTW, she also has a telekinetic push attack. He pinpointed Mystique.

Placidity
He pinpointed Mystique.

No he didn't.

the ninjak
I know it's a comic feat but Hulk inhaled Reed, held him in his stomach for are while then regurgitated him out. Reed was out.

Now that's only if Reed envelopes Hulk's head while restraining him but I see him doing it hoping it would be a K.O

Sue would ANYWAYS protect the team straight away and Hulk aint getting though the bubble quickly. Johnny would hit the sky and blast the ground........ dispersing the team.

The Super Nova feat where Johnny activated and Sue contained it would be interesting Spidey would escape early Wolvey Hulk and GR incinerated inside. Hulk won't die but would be hurt and would have to heal, Movie GR a Supernova should blast him. Logan melts bones and all.

Spidey can just be caught in a bubble, when let go in the air he won't have any momentum anymore and he'll get hit before a web can remove him.

Both teams have great options. But Sue is key to a win for FF.

Impediment
Ghost Rider is supernatural. How is he incinerated? He's a demon with a flaming skull for a head FFS.

Norton's Hulk will shrug off any fire attach that Johnny gives him. One well aimed thunderclap, and Johnny is extinguished.

Reed and possibly contend with Spidey as far as agility goes. If Spidey shoots webs at Reed, Reed can just use his elasticity to maneuver out of the webs, methinks.

the ninjak
Ghost Rider is supernatural. How is he incinerated? He's a demon with a flaming skull for a head FFS.
That's Hell Fire, magical. Johnny's Super Nova should at least put him down temporarily

Norton's Hulk will shrug off any fire attach that Johnny gives him. One well aimed thunderclap, and Johnny is extinguished.
Hulk's skin thudded in as assualt rifles hit his flesh and taken explosive mortar round flesh wounds. VS the temperature of the Sun. I gave him a temporary put down anyway but this should seriously hurt him.

We also have to look at teamwork.

The feats for the film FF were excellent with Reed barking out orders and everybody working efficiently.

Movie Hulk, Wolvey, GR and Spidey would not work together besides maybe Logan and Parker brewing something half assed. If Logan asked Hulk to throw him Hulk would probably swat him BFR.

XanatosForever
Impediment, does each team have basic knowledge of each other? If so, what does that knowledge entail?

Rogue Jedi
Shit, GR will do his cowboy lasso trick and suck Johnny in.

the ninjak
The team are innocent GR would have no reason to fight them.....he leaves on his motorcycle.

The other 3 die.

dadudemon
Sue would show The New FF her boobs, and the fight would be over.

no expression

Impediment
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Impediment, does each team have basic knowledge of each other? If so, what does that knowledge entail?

I wouldn't imagine.

This strictly a hypothetical fight.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon

no expression You *****, I was just gonna post that.

the ninjak

no expression

Thats a win right there.

But Hugh Jackman could be gay, small advantage.

Rogue Jedi
Nice way to go out IMO.

dadudemon
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thats a win right there.

But Hugh Jackman could be gay, small advantage.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Well, going by "movie feats", he only likes women.

Nice way to go out IMO.

Indeed. Sue could take out her own team, too, if she wanted.

XanatosForever
I wouldn't imagine.

This strictly a hypothetical fight.

That makes it difficult for me, somewhat, because knowing your opponent will change your tactics.

Assuming The FF knows something about the New FF, I think their teamwork could help them pull out a win. I imagine they'd probably try and target Hulk first, with Sue putting up a barrier to hold back Logan, Blaze, and Parker while Thing and Reed slingshot Banner into a BFR. I don't think it would be a permanent thing, as it would likely only take one or two jumps for him to get back in the fray, but it might be enough time for them to drop at least Logan.

If they've no idea about any of the characters, I think they might not last long enough to come up with a coherent battle plan. Sue raises a field, Banner pummels it into submission. Peter could probably ground Johnny for a moment with well placed webbing, where Logan could probably stick him. I really don't see Blaze doing anything this match except drawing out the fight.

Impediment
Sue mentioned in FF2 to Doom that she could put an invisible bubble in his body, expand it, and kill him.

Sue could probably do this to Wolvie and Spidey, easy.

Hulk? I dunno.

GR? I doubt it.

XanatosForever
She probably could, but she also likely wouldn't, considering the ramifications of such an act, and remember, this isn't to the death.

Rogue Jedi

Indeed. Sue could take out her own team, too, if she wanted. That's some Sith lord shit right there.

the ninjak
Sue mentioned in FF2 to Doom that she could put an invisible bubble in his body, expand it, and kill him.

Hulk? I dunno.

GR? I doubt it.
She would use it at specified areas on GR and Hulk. If it got ugly.

chomperx9

then how come she didnt do that to doom in the 1st movie ?

marwash22
I'm pretty sure when i tried to use that example in a different thread, i got called out for not using a movie feat. She didn't do it, it wasn't seen on screen, so no, she can't do it in this fight... i believe that's the gist of what i was told.

the ninjak
I'm pretty sure when i tried to use that example in a different thread, i got called out for not using a movie feat. She didn't do it, it wasn't seen on screen, so no, she can't do it in this fight... i believe that's the gist of what i was told.

I say it's a feat! She wouldn't of said it without "knowing" that she could do it. It's just that it's a family film so they couldn't just have her popping peoples heads.

marwash22
I say it's a feat! She wouldn't of said it without "knowing" that she could do it. It's just that it's a family film so they couldn't just have her popping peoples heads. i figure the same thing, but it didn't fly because we can only use things seen in the movie.

Rogue Jedi
I'm pretty sure when i tried to use that example in a different thread, i got called out for not using a movie feat. She didn't do it, it wasn't seen on screen, so no, she can't do it in this fight... i believe that's the gist of what i was told. Link.

Ninjak is right I think. Seen, said or implied counts here.

chomperx9
I say it's a feat! She wouldn't of said it without "knowing" that she could do it. It's just that it's a family film so they couldn't just have her popping peoples heads. why didnt she do it in the 1st film then ? and she could have done it and i dont think the producer would have given a damn if it was rated PG13 afterwards.

jinXed by JaNx
Wolverine would shred through Reed. Hulk hurls, Wolverine towards Johnny who gets impaled. With the aid of Wolverines senses, Spiderman webs up sue and the Hulk smashes Thing.

Johnny can go Super Nova and all, but as we've seen it takes him a few minutes to hit those heats and without Sues Shield Johnny wouldn't even attempt tempretures that hot for risk of igniting the atmisphere. Besides, There is nothing that we've seen that doesn't suggest that the Hulk can't withstand that type of heat and i doubt very highly that the heat would melt or even tarnish Wolverines adamantium.

Placidity
why didnt she do it in the 1st film then ? and she could have done it and i dont think the producer would have given a damn if it was rated PG13 afterwards.

Because she was still learning her powers back in the first film when she just got them.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Says who?

marwash22
Originally posted by Kazenji
Says who? it only works if you've hurt people.

Kazenji
it only works if you've hurt people.

Thanks for telling me something i already know....

dadudemon
Says who?

Says logic.

They were all learning their powers, in the first film.

Also, something like a bubble in the brain is something someone would have to think about doing, long before doing it. It's not something you just come up with, spur of the moment. That takes some medical knowledge..and then testing to see if it works.

Sue would have to have tested it out. EGADS!

Rogue Jedi
Says logic.

They were all learning their powers, in the first film.

Also, something like a bubble in the brain is something someone would have to think about doing, long before doing it. It's not something you just come up with, spur of the moment. That takes some medical knowledge..and then testing to see if it works.

Sue would have to have tested it out. EGADS! You bursted his bubble.

marwash22
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Says who?

it only works if you've hurt people.

Thanks for telling me something i already know.... why'd you ask, if you already knew?

Impediment
Hulk could do the "Fastball Special" and hurl Wolvie at a target. If Wolvie hits Sue or Johnny they'd be kaput. I doubt that Wolvie could hurt Ben, much less Reed.

Pwned
A) They have,lots of criminals,der
B)X-MEN ORIGINS Wolverine took bullets to the BRAIN and lived, only losing his memories
C) Spiderman did in fact fight the fantastic four in a comic, he lost but he was also ALONE, he can hold against them fine, and that was one of the earlier spidey comics.
D)HULK SMASH!!!!!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Pwned
A) They have,lots of criminals,der
B)X-MEN ORIGINS Wolverine took bullets to the BRAIN and lived, only losing his memories
C) Spiderman did in fact fight the fantastic four in a comic, he lost but he was also ALONE, he can hold against them fine, and that was one of the earlier spidey comics.
D)HULK SMASH!!!!!

Okay, so who's sock are you?

Rogue Jedi
Why are we all yelling?

marwash22
Why are we all yelling? http://2020proof.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/samuel-l.jpg

I'm not yellin', this is the way i talk.

dadudemon
http://2020proof.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/samuel-l.jpg

I'm not yellin', this is the way i talk.

MMMM MMMMMMM, B*TCH!

Scythe
Didn't Sue say she could make bubbles in the brain that could kill a person? Somewhere in the sequel, I may be wrong, it's been awhile since I've seen it, but I remember seeing something like it and remembering it's something talked about in the comics. With this said, she could take out Spidey, Wolverine and Hulk. No idea about Ghost Rider though.

EDIT: Oh.

Hulk? I dunno.

GR? I doubt it.

Well there we go. I don't see why she couldn't do it to Hulk, but GR is the big problem imo.

the ninjak
GR is the wildcard.

Impediment
I just suffered through Ghost Rider again.

Does anyone have a new opinion?

I say that GR is the wild card, but Hulk, I now have to admit, is going to be a big problem.

FrothByte
Well, I'm curious how Hulk would stand up to Torch's supernova. Hulk has can get knocked out with enough damage after all.

Spiderman shouldn't be counted out here. He's pretty damn strong on his own and is resourceful. He can possibly knock out anyone on FF with the exception of Thing. Maybe hit them with a pole or something. I'm not saying he WILL knock them out, just that in a melee, someone as strong and agile as spiderman can possibly take one of them out.

Not sure how wolverine's team can neutralize Torch. Hulk can possibly jump up and tag him... but it's gonna be difficult considering Torch's flight speed and agility (he's a lot more agile than a helicopter after all).

I do believe GR's penance stare could work... although not as good. After all, none of the FF are completely innocent... so the penance stare should have some mild effect on them. But GR would still be best off just ramming into them with his motorcycle.

Sue can probably contain wolverine. I doubt his claws can cut through an invisible shield.

I'm leaning towards Hulk's team here, if only because of the hulk... but I do believe it's inaccurate how people say Hulk solos. If it was hulk alone I believe the FF can take him out with simple teamwork.

the ninjak
Reed can wrap Hulk while Sue puts a bubble around his head. While Johnny and Thing handle the other 3.
When Hulk runs out of air Sue wrecks the rest.
Bubble in the brain technique Sue bragged about in the second film.

It's just GR I don't know about.

Badabing
Movie versions always get confusing for me since I read the comics.

Hulk was impervious to a lot of harm and had a wicked thunderclap.

The latest Wolverine was basically unstoppable once he got the adamantium.

Spidey had some good feats in the movies, especially the second imo.

Ghost Rider showed some strength and durability. His penance stare and hell fire showed some promise.

Ben lifted that giant ferris wheel and showed durbability.

Reed was able to wrap Ben up and hold.

Johnny had some good high speed flight feats and his flame powers seemed strong.

Sue's forcefield was strong but she suffered from fatique which was proportional to the feat. I ususally ignore her "forcefield bubble to the brain" argument because it wasn't actually shown in the movie iirc and it's not in her character.

I think the FF put up a fight, but they really can't put anyone from the NFF team down except Spidey. While the NFF team can put down the members of the FF.

BruceSkywalker
isn't movie hulk stronger than movie grimm??

Badabing
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
isn't movie hulk stronger than movie grimm?? Yeah, plus the jumping, thunderclap, ground stomp, etc.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
Yeah, plus the jumping, thunderclap, ground stomp, etc.

which is why i don't see sue holding hulk for too long if she is even able to hold him via inviso shield.. also i don't think the ff can keep down Blaze, and Spidey's "spider sense" will help evade

Badabing
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
which is why i don't see sue holding hulk for too long if she is even able to hold him via inviso shield.. also i don't think the ff can keep down Blaze, and Spidey's "spider sense" will help evade Spidey actually has decent feats. Stopping the subway train, fast webbing, hyper reflexes, etc.

I'm not sure about Blaze. He really only fought supernatural creatures. Though the police didn't do much to stop him.

Sue gets taxed quickly in the movies. I think she could slow Hulk down for a few moments at most. Sue and Think against Hulk would make it interesting.

But the FF gets worn down pretty quickly by the NFF, imo.

Lestov16
Reed can wrap Hulk while Sue puts a bubble around his head. While Johnny and Thing handle the other 3.
When Hulk runs out of air Sue wrecks the rest.
Bubble in the brain technique Sue bragged about in the second film.

It's just GR I don't know about.

Yeah. i'm not sure about that penance satre

Lestov16
08uJanZEeMo

Durability-wise:

AbRmUleU52E

Jack withstands this for nearly 2 years without uttering a single solitary word out of pure willpower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.