Fox vs. Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Spiderman's name has come up and Fox (from Wanted... like there's any other worth mentioning) has be charged with carrying out the order. Fox has detailed knowledge of Spidey's whereabouts, his loved ones, his identity and his abilities. She sets up a sniper perch 1 mile away from the Bugle building and plans to kill him when he exits.

-Fox is armed with a sniper rifle, 2 colt combat pistols and 2 throwing knives.
-Fox can move from her perch to either move in closer or further away.
-there are civilians, but Fox does not care if she kills them.
-CIS is on so Spidey will try to save anyone he thinks is in danger, but his first priority is getting to Fox and stopping her.

can she kill Spidey before he finds and strings her up for the police?

Rogue Jedi
Yes, quite easily.

marwash22
Really? Even with Spidey sense? Wait, did your avatar and sig write that for you?

Rogue Jedi
Nah. You do know that Fox has that thing where everything slows down around her, yeah? Spidey won't be moving near as fast to her.

She snipes his ass, especially if he is coming to her.

steverules_2
Spiderman cuz I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie

marwash22
yeah, the adrenaline thingy...

I haven't made a decision one way or the other, I'm just not sure how the adrenaline thing trumps his spidey sense.

Rogue Jedi
Well, was Spidey's spider sense ever shown working on someone a mile away? Gotta stick with screen feats, dude.

The answer is no. He might sense danger, but he won't be able to react in time.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by marwash22
yeah, the adrenaline thingy...

I haven't made a decision one way or the other, I'm just not sure how the adrenaline thing trumps his spidey sense. Because to Fox, Spidey will not be reacting/moving as fast as he was shown reacting to regular people.

marwash22
yeah, i get that, once she activates the adrenaline thing, he'll be moving slower... from her perspective. But how does that screw with Spidey sense? It's not like she slows down time or effects him in any way. Once she fire's the bullet, what's stopping him from sensing it?

As for movie feats, he was able to react to a friggin car crashing through the window and save himself and Mary from being killed. There's also Osborne's glider, That dude in the first movie who tried to sucker punch him, he dodged surprise exploding pumpkins, etc...

I actually thin she can kill him, but not by simply shooting a bullet. If anything, i think he'd get tripped up trying to save people.

Rogue Jedi
yeah, i get that, once she activates the adrenaline thing, he'll be moving slower... from her perspective. But how does that screw with Spidey sense? It's not like she slows down time or effects him in any way. Once she fire's the bullet, what's stopping him from sensing it?

As for movie feats, he was able to react to a friggin car crashing through the window and save himself and Mary from being killed. There's also Osborne's glider, That dude in the first movie who tried to sucker punch him, he dodged surprise exploding pumpkins, etc...

I actually thin she can kill him, but not by simply shooting a bullet. If anything, i think he'd get tripped up trying to save people.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, was Spidey's spider sense ever shown working on someone a mile away? Gotta stick with screen feats, dude.

marwash22
dude, it doesn't matter what distance the attack originates, it's basically a proximity alarm... once something gets close to hurting him, the spidey sense goes off. Now, comic feats don't count and there are no bullet dodging feats in the films, so i can't claim he can dodge a bullet... but the same applies to you not being able to say he can't.

Eh, she'd get him eventually.

Rogue Jedi
Spidey will be a moving target, there's no doubt about that. Fox'll nail him in mid web sling.

marwash22
ok, i can see that happening. web swinging is when he's at worst when it comes to agility/maneuverability.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, that's what he does. He like....uses webs and shit.....

marwash22
lulz. that should be his marvel wiki, nothing else, just...

SPIDERMAN: "Mhm, that's what he does. He like....uses webs and shit....."

Rogue Jedi
haermm

steverules_2
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

He sensed danger when GG came along but I don't think he was a mile away/up

marwash22
i think you guys are focusing on the "1 mile away" part too much. i only set her up that far away to given her a better chance of taking him out before he gets to her. You could shoot a missle from the other side of the planet, his spidey sense will activate as soon as it gets near him.

steverules_2
Not unless its a nuke, he'd be dead

Rogue Jedi
i think you guys are focusing on the "1 mile away" part too much. i only set her up that far away to given her a better chance of taking him out before he gets to her. You could shoot a missle from the other side of the planet, his spidey sense will activate as soon as it gets near him. So she lures him into the air and shoots him mid sling.

Impediment
If Fox is in a sniper's nest a mile away, and Spider-Man is trying to save innocent civilians all the while trying to dodge bullets, then this is mega spite.

the ninjak
Spidey would dodge all of the bullets. While homing in on the assassin. Sniper rifles take time for the bullet to reach it's target. And her slow down time ability only works in close range encounters effectively.

Spidey's Movie feats had him slow down time whenever Spider Sense activated ANYWAYS. And Spider Sense slo mo beats adrenaline anyday.

The whole distance thing is wierd for Fox could just escape and try again later....but considering this is a forum fight it has to end there so as she shoots at him...hopelessly missing everytime Spidey eventually smashes through the window and captures her.

The whole saving civilians thing is pointless. Parker can't save them so he goes straight for the offender. Rather quickly.

Impediment
So, Spider-Man knows where Fox is? And he has to get to her while dodging bullets? If so, then Spider-Man wins this. Too easy.

the ninjak
He doesn't have to know where she is.

As she shoots at him. He just zeros in while dodging the falling bullets. Sniper bullets raise then fall. And starting a mile away, Parker just gauges the velocity as he moves in.

He dodges projectiles at close range.

RE: Blaxican
Spider sense gives him the win.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
If Fox is in a sniper's nest a mile away, and Spider-Man is trying to save innocent civilians all the while trying to dodge bullets, then this is mega spite. It is what it is. She'll exploit that.

the ninjak
I already stated how when Spidey realises that he can't stop civilian deaths he goes straight for the person shooting. Dodging everything along the way...after all she is after him.

By going straight for her he is saving lives.

Rogue Jedi
You don't get it, Spidey would never do that. Spidey would never stand by and allow civilians to be hurt.

Fox will know this and she will exploit it.

Impediment
So Spider-Man is severely handicapped, making Fox's win indefinite.

Yeah.

Spite.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.