Twilight vs the Military

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
the government has bn made aware of the twi-f@gs and has decided to get contractors and black ops unit and elite military to confront assess and engage through the use of stealth and military tactical maneuvers..

each unit and and fire squad will have the ability to radio in for support from the main unit and also talk to one another.

fire team 1: Arnold and his team from predator.

fire team 2: Bruce Willis and his team from tears of the sun.

fire team 3: Jean Claude and his Unisols team from universal soldiers 1.

Fire team 4: Kurt Russell and his men(old ones) plus the 20 gene soldier and their heavy duty vehicles. they will be broken up into various fire teams for best possible tactical advantage.

fire team 5: transformer army unit from 1 and 2 will also have support as in the movie.

fire team 6: 3 kings, George clooney and his men will roll out of the woods on their humvee any time during battle.

sniper/recon teams:

sniper team will be about half a mile away hidden in the hills providing cover fire and sniping whenever possible.

snipers(sniper): thomas beckett and Richard miller

Snipers(shooter): Bob lee Swagger and special agent memphis plus the other snipers surrounding the vamp home.

snipers(Jarhead): Swofford and Troy

Rambo gets air dropped fully geared weapons from his movies at any time during the battle..

ground army will be supported by the Russian tank, combat choppers the big russian and the spetsnaz from the Rambo movie.

15 miles out from field of battle will be artillary support from howitzers from the movie windtalker, both Sgt Enders and Yahzee will be on a ridge a quarter mile away the main battle radio'ing coordinates and artillery fire.

the US military and national guard has curtain off the town and declared martial law.. battle ship is in the harbor.. the teams have all bn reff'ed up and "wants some". they know what they are facing from books and myths and that they are hard to kill.. they all grab the best personal weapons best suited for this mission..

General Hagee has given the best speech any general can ever give their men.

General Hagee: we will kill these abomination of nature and walk through the red mist, boys!! they may be the boogie men to lil girls and children but we are the worlds nightmare. when we die we run heaven and hell god and the devil move aside when they see us walk through. no, creature on this earth is as deadly as those who where green.. em i right?! so we dont die till the mission is won now go out there and kill those cradle robbing sissies!! show them what a real monster looks like and what it is to be a man!!

marwash22
lulz @ the egregious attempt at killing the Twi-vamps. I'll give you credit, you assmebled quite the team and put together one helluva scenario... to bad they all still die horrible deaths.

One, you didn't specify which Twivamps, so i assume you mean all of them, in which case, this is spite in favor of Twilight.

Two, even if it's not all the TwiVamps, Alice will still see them coming.

The only way Twivamps lose, is if airstrikes can be called in and they would have call the airstrikes immeditely or they will get mur-dered.

the ninjak
Once one Vampire gets lit up the rest go into predator mode...picking off soldiers with hit and run tactics.

Rogue Jedi
It'd be interesting to see how a Twivamp would hold up to a .50 cal armor piercing round.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It'd be interesting to see how a Twivamp would hold up to a .50 cal armor piercing round.

It should blast chunks off them.

Rogue Jedi
A shot to the head even more so.

KingD19
From what I've seen of the Twi Vamps speed, they're fast going in a straight line, but they aren't impossible to hit, not by a long shot.

BruceSkywalker
um,, i will differ to marwash22 and DDM, but...

TwiVamps have granite hard type skin so its doubtful bullets will even penetrate said skin,

2nd.. IMS, its never been even said whether or not normal bullets do them any type of harm, besides I believe the TwiVamps have excellent HF's so they should just get back up..

3rd.. since the TwiVamps are lightning fast, it is even more doubtful they will even get shot and..

4th.. I believe the TwiVamps can read minds so they'll know beforehand all about the bullets

marwash22
Ed is the only mind reader, there are other mindreaders in the series but it wasn't specified WHO is apart of this fight. In any event, mind reading wouldnt help you dodge a bullet, especially because there are so many people on the battlefield. Their speed however, would make it extremely hard for any of the military team to lock on to them.

grenades and mines (if they have them) would be the best option considering TwiVamps cant fly.

Wild Shadow
i was in such a rush i forgot to add the general ross men as random soldiers.

anyways i hope you guys know how a military unit operates and what is standard operating procedures as well as specific weapons and ammo that would be used..

example : phosperous is standard bullets for a fire team unit as well as for troops.. they are mixed from every few rounds every third bullet to a complete chain or mag..

phosphorous rounds are also not the only type of bullet that is specialized you also have deplete uranium core rounds as well and that is definitely going to rip a vamp.

either way mind reading and precog is a wasted power with the number of ppl and the precog is also unreliable due to how it operates...

too many men on the field and also a lot of the decisions come from on top miles away and soldiers and warriors rarely know anything up till the last minute.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
Ed is the only mind reader, there are other mindreaders in the series but it wasn't specified WHO is apart of this fight. In any event, mind reading wouldnt help you dodge a bullet, especially because there are so many people on the battlefield. Their speed however, would make it extremely hard for any of the military team to lock on to them.

grenades and mines (if they have them) would be the best option considering TwiVamps cant fly.

thanks for reminding me

Wild Shadow
the vamps dont get passed shock and awe...

Seth Wynd
I agree with mar, to some extent.

You neglected to mention just how many of the Sparklepires the units were up against, which means we have to assume ALL the vamps shown on screen in the movies given how you worded things. That alone does not bode well for the boys in uniform, much as I hate to admit it.

Operating under that premise, military takes down maybe a handful of them due to shots from the snipers at the opening of the engagement, before the Sparklepires are moving at full speed. A few more might get taken out due to lucky shots from either artillery strikes, the tanks, or grenades, but ultimately the military team loses due to either being killed off or running out of ammunition (it's not infinite, you know).

Possibly a few more Sparklepires get killed if they're arrogant enough to think they can stand still or just walk into the enemy lines. Even if they were being hit with ordinary ammunition, they'd be getting hit with a LOT of it. Granite skin would only offer temporary protection. The first few rounds wouldn't do anything, but there's a big difference between getting shot once and getting shot 300 times. It's just a matter of force over time.

Ultimately though, it's Sparklepires 1, Men With Guns 0.

Wild Shadow
its just the cullens.....since i dont know they are positioned around the family home.. dont get smart with me, son. miffed

plus dont forget a couple of the soldiers use gatlin guns as their personal weapons the vamps are going to be hit a lot. extra ammo cans are carried by fire teams and individual person for personal use.. plus ammo cans are carried behind vehicles on tanks, heavy duty vehicles, humvies.. standard mags carry 30 rounds each soldier minimum mags are 6 but it is often exceeded with extra pounches when going into combat.. its rapped around the waist or upper torso.

Seth Wynd
Jasper involved? I predict massive problems if he can both dampen their enthusiasm, and then cause even a handful of soldiers to panic via his powers. Panic in a unit is more contagious than any disease will ever be, and far better at killing those affected.

And yes, I'm aware there's a lot of ammo and how it's carried, but there's also going to be a lot of SHOOTING, and the stuff doesn't magically appear through power of will. If it did, we wouldn't still have to deal with supply problems.

Wild Shadow
not really... keep in mind that standard military procedure is to soften the target/ area

that means b4 the men start attacking individually or as a unit and are in the area they will call in a air strike, artillery strike from the howitzers and the battle ship..

the vamps have to survive this 1st. even the gene soldiers will fire from a distance b4 engaging.

the H.E.R.A alone would be too much for the vamps..

transformer radio man.. bring the rain.. use high armor piercing rounds..

bruce willis: we need air support danger close come in low...

enders and yahzee: * fire on the following coordinates.. i say again : repeat bombardment!!

this is cain prepare to bombard take on firing formation..

Seth Wynd
So what you're saying is, you're gonna keep adding things to the infantry side every time a problem comes up. Man, that sort of thing should REALLY be in the first post detailing the scenario.

Precog would easily be able to pick up on the impending air strike, especially if we operate under the latest version of your scenario in which everyone's at a distance first. That means the airstrike is going to inflict minimal casualties.

And for the record, firing on an enemy counts as one of two things:

1.) Engaging the enemy
2.) Wasting ammo

Wild Shadow
its all there.. i said each unit has support from their command and i also said i hope you guys know standard military operations.. plus i am using movie feats from each of them taken directly from the movies..

Seth Wynd
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
its all there.. i said each unit has support from their command and i also said i hope you guys know standard military operations.. plus i am using movie feats from each of them taken directly from the movies..

I forgot the command protocol for engaging supernatural targets. Sorry. Can I borrow your pamphlet?

Seriously, kudos for trying to stick it to Twilight, but being deliberately vague-as-hell to do so is a little cheap.

Wild Shadow
i am not being vague.. the military is approaching the home as they are approaching the home it would be bombarded as per protocal to engage hostile and soften them up.. them being vampires doesnt take away from how a military unit operates,, they are actively tryin to kill them.

also you have no idea of what it is to waste ammo during a bombardment do you?

go on wiki and look up the standard supply for a normal battery whether on a battle ship or a howitzer battery line...

Seth Wynd
It's a HOUSE, not a BUNKER.

If I'm going to even put up with this nonsense, I want you to provide me with some sort of actual proof that military protocol for dealing with targets in an ordinary, unfortified building is "massive bombardment from air, sea, and land."

Also, if you're such a stickler for military protocol, why the hell is there a battleship involved? You do realize that at the moment, there is not a single battleship in service, even amongst the reserves, of any nation as far as we know? They're museum pieces.

EDIT: Wasting ammo was for your ingenious comment that the infantry will fire on the enemy before engaging them, not the bombardment that probably wouldn't happen. What you're describing would produce enough smoke and dust that no one would be able to see into it, and sending infantry in at that point is what's commonly referred to as "a bad idea."

Wild Shadow
the battle ship was the carrier from the movie tears of the sun which was bruce willis command support,,, roll eyes (sarcastic)

also the military doesnt care if you are in a bunker or in a building plus a vampire family would warrant the use of standard bombardment aka shock and awe.. we did it during the start of desert storm and operation freedom..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R30cbnkMG3s

plus in the movies they all did it its backed up by movie feats as well as real life operating procedure..

plus i was a marine and i was security as well as an arty mech and operator in the field.. and i fired howitzers and also loaded them..

no expression

Seth Wynd
Then you meant to say aircraft carrier. An aircraft carrier is not a battleship. Good lord.

Pretty link. They were bombing military targets, not residential homes. A power plant would require a lot more force to take out than a house on stilts in the woods. So, again: Provide proof, otherwise this is pure and utter speculation / BS on your part and the rest of us are free to speculate everyone leaves the house before the explosions start happening.

Working security and on artillery only tells me you are not a reliable source for higher levels of operational protocol. It tells me you know how to work with a howitzer and work security.

Wild Shadow
sigh... you are lucky we will never meet.. we called airstrikes and bombardment on homes regularly when they dig themselves in or we know for a fact that the home is filled with insurgents..

here we know the vamps live in the home.. but fine if movie feats calling for support now have to be substantiated by real life procedures fine..

airstrike on a single person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzcYz_ljyTg

airstrike on a residential home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRj9ChX4JkM&feature=related

we even bomb and machine gun fire on men walking on the street from choppers .. for gods sake and thas not even including a waiver we had to sign when a bomb was dropped on a funeral gathering to kill one taliban leader that we were forced to watch and not talk about.. facepalm

Seth Wynd
Alright. I'll space this reply apart so you'll hopefully understand it this time.

I understand that the military likes to soften targets with an airstrike when they're dug in. People living in a home and going about their daily lives is the OPPOSITE of being dug in.

And when they DO call in an air strike on a single, small residential building, they do not do so on a scale you're describing. BOTH of those links showed a single explosion. One. Uno. A single tally mark. The Roman numeral I.

Things I did not see: entire batteries of artillery opening up while airstrikes bombed and strafed the targets with rockets.

And, for whatever reason, you didn't bother reading the first link before you threw it out there: it's against more than one person. As evidenced by the use of the words "Syrian and Saudi insurgents." When there's more than one of something, we add an "s" to it, unless it already ends in one. That's how the english language works.

And seeing as how trying to hammer that through your head is like trying to convince a drill sergeant to pipe down, I'll go do something less stressful. Like herding cats, or politicians.

Robtard
McClane wins.

Wild Shadow
i am going to be as polite as possible just stop posting... you are acting as if their will be danger from the cullin home from fall out they are the only home there.. and one standard arty round would kill them and you also think that some how a vampire would get the same treatment as a human.. they are not human nor do they get human right procedures

plus in the movie feats in soldier its exacly what they did.. and bruce willis tried at the end of the movie repeatedly once he had engaged the african soldiers his command refuse b/c they were under orders not to cause an international incident after that they dropped hellfire and what not..

in the movie windtalker their wasnt a time they werent ordering an artillery strike it was also wide burst for effect since so many ppl are running all over the field but they were also able to give precise coordinates to take out artillery nest and here they already know where the home is..

Placidity
and one standard arty round would kill them

You keep saying this, and you know this because?

marwash22
Originally posted by Placidity
You keep saying this, and you know this because? apparently he was a badass military man like Ahnold in 'Commando'. Oh shit, he's probably a peak human and could solo us all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Vampire human rights wuuuuuuuuuuuut

dadudemon
So like, nothing happens to the Twivamps, at all.

Alice sees the attack, they relocate due to their non-confrontational error.

Since they can run in a straight line at hundreds of miles per hour (as fast or faster than a jet airliner), their will be no trace before the strike even happens.

As soon as an order or even a decision is passed down to destroy the Cullens, Alice will immediately see it. The only thing anyone has to do is decide to attack them, that's it.

Besides, a vampire treats a car, traveling at speed, like a piece of styrofoam. I'd say that the only reason the heads were getting shattered, like they were in movie 4, is due to how rediculously strong the vampires are. They are producing far more force than a bullet would produce.

And the repeated shots to the same spot is BS because they would heal very quickly so it's not like you could weaken one area...it heals in a couple of seconds.

If the Twivamps really wanted to put up a fight, they'd just attack the COs of every unit, long before they even arrive in Forks.

Finally, it was already stated that no human army could stand up to even a 20-man army of newborn twivamps, and the cullens with the werewolves destroyed them, without a single loss from their side at all.

Even without Alice, Emmett solos the entire force. no expression

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon

Since they can run in a straight line at hundreds of miles per hour (as fast or faster than a jet airliner), their will be no trace before the strike even happens.

As soon as an order or even a decision is passed down to destroy the Cullens, Alice will immediately see it. The only thing anyone has to do is decide to attack them, that's it.

Besides, a vampire treats a car, traveling at speed, like a piece of styrofoam. I'd say that the only reason the heads were getting shattered, like they were in movie 4, is due to how rediculously strong the vampires are. They are producing far more force than a bullet would produce.

And the repeated shots to the same spot is BS because they would heal very quickly so it's not like you could weaken one area...it heals in a couple of seconds.

If the Twivamps really wanted to put up a fight, they'd just attack the COs of every unit, long before they even arrive in Forks.

Finally, it was already stated that no human army could stand up to even a 20-man army of newborn twivamps, and the cullens with the werewolves destroyed them, without a single loss from their side at all.

Sounds like.......

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned-1.jpg

Wuuuuuuuut?

dadudemon
Couple of mistakes in my post.

Going down the list...

it should read "...nonconfrontational ways."

it should read "...they were in movie 3, is..."

So, to expand, a full-force punch from a vampire has many times the force of a bullet...even a high caliber bullet.

Just arm-wrestling a lone, was enough force to shatter a large boulder, when Emmett's hand it the boulder. That's far more force than high-caliber rounds can produce. The high-caliber rounds would just bounce or embed ino the very large rock, at best: not shatter the entire thing.

Movie 4 isn't out yet, though, so we won't get to see the arm-wreslting match, yet. Should be a cool scene, but I do not have my hopes high as they might ruin it or even eliminate it.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
You keep saying this, and you know this because?

I watched a fight-clip from Eclipse, by all account, they are indeed made of marble, one particularly gayish looking Twink vampire gets his hand snapped off; the insides look like smooth and dry marble, it sounds even mimic what breaking stone sounds like.

So WildShadow's claim that one mortar shell would kill them seems accurate, as a mortar shell would shatter marble, easily too.

marwash22
^ no ones denying that, at least no one with common knowledge of ballistics. Point is, the vamps are too fast to get hit.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, I really can't see a vampire getting hit here, lest they walk into a bullet.

BruceSkywalker

Couple of mistakes in my post.

Going down the list...

it should read "...nonconfrontational ways."

it should read "...they were in movie 3, is..."

So, to expand, a full-force punch from a vampire has many times the force of a bullet...even a high caliber bullet.

Just arm-wrestling a lone, was enough force to shatter a large boulder, when Emmett's hand it the boulder. That's far more force than high-caliber rounds can produce. The high-caliber rounds would just bounce or embed ino the very large rock, at best: not shatter the entire thing.

Movie 4 isn't out yet, though, so we won't get to see the arm-wreslting match, yet. Should be a cool scene, but I do not have my hopes high as they might ruin it or even eliminate it.

thread is now finally over.. thanks to DDM

Rogue Jedi
The thread was over before it started. Buncha badass HUMANS versus the Twivamps? They aint McClane, dude.

Wild Shadow
poor vamps never had a chance .. i dont think anyone ever called them McClane..

anyways.. i never saw fighting speed of the twivamps being anything real special since it wasnt even a big part of the fighting scenes and the dumb B$#@ girlfriend a mere human could see the fighting at normal speed.

Rogue Jedi
No, John McClane solos the Twivamps. Just ask Robtard, he'll tell you.

marwash22
facepalm

you don't need actual combat speed when all you need to do is speed over to your opponent and rip their friggin' head off before they even know you're there.

Wild Shadow
yeh, b/c mortar fire and and wall of bullets fog of war wouldnt be an issue..hmmhmm plus i would really love the see this 100 of miles speed feat clocking i watched the movies and they ran fast but i didnt see a timer and chalked it up to movie editing and stuff..

0cK2lVOueFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFiBR22NFOA&feature=related

Rogue Jedi
facepalm

you don't need actual combat speed when all you need to do is speed over to your opponent and rip their friggin' head off before they even know you're there. Mhm.

jinXed by JaNx
Military wins because Twilight is gay

BruceSkywalker
facepalm

you don't need actual combat speed when all you need to do is speed over to your opponent and rip their friggin' head off before they even know you're there.

thumb up

Seth Wynd
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

So is the military, it's just that we aren't allowed to ask and they aren't allowed to tell.

Rogue Jedi
Military wins because Twilight is gay Aaahahaahaha.

dadudemon

You win the threadz.

Tattoos N Scars
bring in the nukes..and see if the Cullens stand up to that.

Wild Shadow
M198's can shoot special nuke rounds... just saying.. angel

YLhJbFrz228

Seth Wynd
M198's can shoot special nuke rounds... just saying.. angel

YLhJbFrz228

No they can't. Just sayin.

For starters, that isn't the gun being used. The gun being used is a 280mm atomic cannon nicknamed "Atomic Annie." The footage is from a 1953 test at the Trinity Test site in Nevada.

Additionally, there's this small problem:

Source (for both issues) : Nuclear Artillery

Look real close at that image on the top right. Seem familiar? Now look at the gun on top-most image on the left side of the article. That seem familiar too?

And while the M195 could, theoretically fire one of the various nuclear projectiles developed...the fact is there just aren't any more of them to shoot.

How closely did you say you worked with artillery again?

Wild Shadow
i bn exceptionally nice to you even with your condescending post and attitude about my military training and mean spirited attitude designed to provoke me.. but, that stops now i will no longer tolerate it.

now whether the howitzer on youtube was or wasnt an m198 wasnt the point i wanted to post a nuke being fired by a howitzer period.

i am also insulted that you would think your google or wiki knowledge supercedes what i was taught in my military howitzer courses as well as my actual firing experience.

b/c sadly it does not. i wasnt giving a history lesson i was stating a fact. an m198 howitzer can fire nuclear warheads and they have.

next time you want to question and insult me about my knowledge i suggest you do more then just scan for post that you feel agree with you and use it to insult me with your condescending attitude.

here read this.
http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=26

Grimmisreaper
To humour you, let's say all these soldiers 'fight' just the Cullen's.

Alice would see them coming. To make extra money for the family, she watches changes made in big businesses they can invest in, the best housing markets and sports betting, all from her home in Forks. Do you honestly think she wouldn't see a group of people coming after her family? She knew when the Volturi would come.
Edward can read their minds. He knows how the plan to attack, what they'll attack with all before it happens.
Edward may be the the fastest, but they can all outrun a bullet. The way time moves for them is extremely slow, not only could they dodge the bullet, they could snatch it the moment it leaves the gun.
Not that they need to, considering they're made up of indescribable rock. The only thing that has the strength to kill them is their own kind (And the shapeshifters, but only in packs.) The vampires need to be ripped limb from limb, and then burned to ash, because they can put themselves back together.
When the Cullens were faced with the newborn army, Jasper said "Newborn army's don't need thousands like a human army, and no human army can stand against them." Then the Cullens proceeded to kill them all.
In breaking dawn, the Cullens, their friends and the wolves defeated the Volturi, who out-numbered them.
These vampires are built strong (Edythe (Edward in Life and Death: Twilight reimagined) told Beau (Bella) that Eleanor (Emmett) could move a mountain if she wanted to.) they were built fast, and without weaknesses.
They wouldn't even need all of them to fight off a human army, so I don't even need to include the advantages of some of the other vampires powers.

Surtur
Originally posted by Grimmisreaper
To humour you, let's say all these soldiers 'fight' just the Cullen's.

Alice would see them coming. To make extra money for the family, she watches changes made in big businesses they can invest in, the best housing markets and sports betting, all from her home in Forks. Do you honestly think she wouldn't see a group of people coming after her family? She knew when the Volturi would come.
Edward can read their minds. He knows how the plan to attack, what they'll attack with all before it happens.
Edward may be the the fastest, but they can all outrun a bullet. The way time moves for them is extremely slow, not only could they dodge the bullet, they could snatch it the moment it leaves the gun.
Not that they need to, considering they're made up of indescribable rock. The only thing that has the strength to kill them is their own kind (And the shapeshifters, but only in packs.) The vampires need to be ripped limb from limb, and then burned to ash, because they can put themselves back together.
When the Cullens were faced with the newborn army, Jasper said "Newborn army's don't need thousands like a human army, and no human army can stand against them." Then the Cullens proceeded to kill them all.
In breaking dawn, the Cullens, their friends and the wolves defeated the Volturi, who out-numbered them.
These vampires are built strong (Edythe (Edward in Life and Death: Twilight reimagined) told Beau (Bella) that Eleanor (Emmett) could move a mountain if she wanted to.) they were built fast, and without weaknesses.
They wouldn't even need all of them to fight off a human army, so I don't even need to include the advantages of some of the other vampires powers.

Where did anyone in Twilight ever outrun a bullet? I can't even recall an instance of anyone shooting at them. Edward is the fastest Cullen and I can't recall him ever doing anything like that.

Also you seem to have no problem using statements, so in regards to the "only their own kind of shapeshifters can kill them" isn't necessarily true. Didn't the crazy chick who wrote this series say that a rocket launcher could kill them? But especially the "they can move mountains" statement isn't supported by a single feat.

The material their bodies are made of isn't indescribable..it was described several times as being like marble. They have durable bodies, but I'm not even sure if they have healing factors like most vampires in fiction do. It seems any injuries they have are healed upon their initial transformation into a vampire, but I'm struggling to remember any scene where we see them get injured and then quickly heal.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
Where did anyone in Twilight ever outrun a bullet? I can't even recall an instance of anyone shooting at them. Edward is the fastest Cullen and I can't recall him ever doing anything like that.

Also you seem to have no problem using statements, so in regards to the "only their own kind of shapeshifters can kill them" isn't necessarily true. Didn't the crazy chick who wrote this series say that a rocket launcher could kill them? But especially the "they can move mountains" statement isn't supported by a single feat.

The material their bodies are made of isn't indescribable..it was described several times as being like marble. They have durable bodies, but I'm not even sure if they have healing factors like most vampires in fiction do. It seems any injuries they have are healed upon their initial transformation into a vampire, but I'm struggling to remember any scene where we see them get injured and then quickly heal.

I'm pretty sure their skin was described as looking like marble but the books did mention that they were far harder than marble. I think the guy above you is quoting from the books, because that's where it says that only another vampire can destroy one of them, or the shapeshifters in numbers. But this was never shown/said in the movies.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
I'm pretty sure their skin was described as looking like marble but the books did mention that they were far harder than marble. I think the guy above you is quoting from the books, because that's where it says that only another vampire can destroy one of them, or the shapeshifters in numbers. But this was never shown/said in the movies.

Yeah but he said it's indescribable, but it's not. It's a hard substance like marble. Or even like concrete, but obviously more durable than those things.

Which in some ways could be a blessing and a curse. Extremely hard to injure, but I don't know if serious injuries can be healed. Like if someone rips off one of Edwards fingers will it just grow back? I can't recall them ever really receiving any superficial injuries.

But I don't recall any time anyone was dodging bullets or anytime they got shot at. They fought other supernatural beings who had zero use for guns.

In the books I believe it is said that the shapeshifters actually have enchanted teeth or something..in other words something that lets them injure vampires other than brute strength.

TheVaultDweller
They do have some kind of healing, though I have no idea how well it works on severe injuries. It seems to handle minor wounds fairly well. At around 0:20, Felix slams Edward into the floor hard enough to crack his cheek. At about 0:30, we see the crack start to heal up:

UjfYq5jkjNQ

And Edward was malnourished during that fight, IIRC.

Dreampanther
I haven't seen Twilight, so I can only speculate. My first reaction would be: "Bring the rain."

Think this might put a slight damper on their glitter?

R88eYN0OBJ8

John Murdoch
My wife read the books, thus I saw all the movies, and, as much as it pains me, the twilighters destroy these teams.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.