Twilight versus Star Wars...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Every Vampire shown in the "Twilight" movies versus every Jedi shown in all six Star Wars movies.

Scenario one:The fight takes place where the T1000 (Terminator: Judgement Day), was killed.

This scenario has only the Jedi.

Scenario two: The Jedi are teamed with the Sith.

The fight takes place on Mustafar, where Anakin and Obi Wan dueled. To the death.

In both scenarios, the following conditions apply:

1. Both teams have extensive knowledge of each other.

2. Both teams get one hour prep time.

marwash22
Dude, that's too much to think about. You would have to list all the people involved for me to make a decision.

Rogue Jedi
Team Star Wars:

Darth Sidious
Darth Vader (ROTS to ROTJ)
Yoda
Mace Windu
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Darth Maul
Qui Gon Jinn
Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Ki Adi Mundi
Aayla Secura
Plo Koon
Saesee Tinn
Sio Bibble
Depe Billaba
Eeth Koth
Count Dooku
Yaddle
Yarael Poof
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto

Team Twilight:

The Cullens- Edward, Alice, Rosalie, Jasper, Emmett, Carlisle, Esme.

The Volturi- Aro, Jane, Caius, Marcus, Alec, Felix, Renata and the half a dozen or so in the background of the fight scene from "New Moon." Go ahead and throw in the electric vamp too.

That's about 20 Twilight vampires.

the ninjak
Jedi and Sith cut them up real nice.

If they can hit lasers they can Force Push and then slice up the vamps.

If the vampires take the swords it could be interesting.

KingD19
Don't forget about all the fodder jedi and Lucas' kid. And Cin Drallig.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Don't forget about all the fodder jedi and Lucas' kid. And Cin Drallig. Was Cin shown in the movie, or mentioned? We can include Quinlan Vos cuz he was mentioned.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Was Cin shown in the movie, or mentioned? We can include Quinlan Vos cuz he was mentioned.

Anakin killed Dralig with the greatest of ease..

As for Vos, he was mentioned, but that is it, Vos was never shown to do a damn thing

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Anakin killed Dralig with the greatest of ease..

As for Vos, he was mentioned, but that is it, Vos was never shown to do a damn thing He was a Jedi Master, man. I am sure he is quite formidable.

BruceSkywalker
He was a Jedi Master, man. I am sure he is quite formidable.

who Vos?? yeah he is, but we can't use comic book feats sad

besides i believe when Vos is mentioned was when Obi and Anakin were talking and Vos was on distant planet at the time

Rogue Jedi
who Vos?? yeah he is, but we can't use comic book feats sad

besides i believe when Vos is mentioned was when Obi and Anakin were talking and Vos was on distant planet at the time

He'll do some serious Twitwink slaying here.

BruceSkywalker
He'll do some serious Twitwink slaying here.

yeah Vos would, shame we can't use him sad

Rogue Jedi
yeah Vos would, shame we can't use him sad Why not? There are a few from SW I listed who never were shown fighting. They are Jedi MASTERS, Brucey, they'll all be at least of Kit Fisto caliber.

BruceSkywalker
Why not? There are a few from SW I listed who never were shown fighting. They are Jedi MASTERS, Brucey, they'll all be at least of Kit Fisto caliber.

has Matt said anything about implied characters?

Rogue Jedi
has Matt said anything about implied characters?

No, but I don't see why it would be a problem.

BruceSkywalker
No, but I don't see why it would be a problem.

you could be right.. i will think about it more

Placidity
Of course it'd be a problem.

You wouldn't know how good they are, and just having the title doesn't tell you jack except that they are "good".

Aro is 3000 years old with no feats, what level of speed and strength do we assume of him?

I think Twilight takes it.

Theres lots to think about though. Both teams have knowledge and prep, that means Vamps won't rush in and get diced, but what will they do? They could evade indefinitely, and Jane could do her thing. Jedi will already know this, but what is their response?

Also, whatever the Jedi plan in their prep time, Alice will see... that means unless they have a plan that is unstoppable anyway, their plan/prep ain't going to mean jack.

Team SW will need both Jedi and Sith if they want a chance, but I still don't see how they can win.

I'm sure there are some things I haven't thought about yet.

marwash22
this is still pretty difficult to figure out. I'm not even sure Jane's ability would work on some of the more experienced force users. Her power is basically mind raping... can you mindrape a jedi master?

Placidity
Originally posted by marwash22
this is still pretty difficult to figure out. I'm not even sure Jane's ability would work on some of the more experienced force users. Her power is basically mind raping... can you mindrape a jedi master?

Except Vamps are powered by magic aren't they?

Being strong in the force probably only gives resistance to a force-mindrape, rather than say, a 'proper' telekinetic mindrape or a magical one.

That's what I think of it anyway.

marwash22
I can agree with that. Ok, if Alice has a vision, along with basic intel, it would be wise for Alec and Jane to focus their abilities on Yoda and other big boys.

The TwiVamps would have to keep it moving too, if they slow down even for a sec... force pull and slice combo! Not sure how effective force lightning would be, but i imagine it would at least do some superficial damage.

This is gonna come down to speed. Though, Felix could probably solo, or take out a great deal of jedi with aid from Renata.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Of course it'd be a problem.

You wouldn't know how good they are, and just having the title doesn't tell you jack except that they are "good".

Aro is 3000 years old with no feats, what level of speed and strength do we assume of him?

I think Twilight takes it.

Theres lots to think about though. Both teams have knowledge and prep, that means Vamps won't rush in and get diced, but what will they do? They could evade indefinitely, and Jane could do her thing. Jedi will already know this, but what is their response?

Also, whatever the Jedi plan in their prep time, Alice will see... that means unless they have a plan that is unstoppable anyway, their plan/prep ain't going to mean jack.

Team SW will need both Jedi and Sith if they want a chance, but I still don't see how they can win.

I'm sure there are some things I haven't thought about yet.

I am going to edit the team SW list, make it easier. Might include the Fetts and Grievous.

It'd be an interesting battle. The Jedi precog will be severely tested here. If they can track the Twivamps, I'd say they have a better than average chance of succeeding.

I don't see Alice's foresight as a weapon. Sure, she sees the future, but isn't it just like a potential future? Like Yoda says, "Always in motion, the future is." If the Jedi know she can see the future, surely they'd cloud their thoughts, I dunno. Their best option is, IMO, to be reactionary, to take things as they come.

Now, the mind powers. If we are going to assume that the Twivamps mind powers work on the Jedi, can we say the same for the Jedi mind trick working on the Twivamps?

Rogue Jedi
OK, team SW, edited:

Team Star Wars:

Darth Sidious
Yoda
Mace Windu
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Darth Maul
Qui Gon Jinn
Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Ki Adi Mundi
Aayla Secura
Plo Koon
Saesee Tinn
Depa Billaba
Count Dooku
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Jett Zukassa
Jango Fett
Boba Fett
Zam Wessell
General Grievous

Suggestions?

Placidity

Now, the mind powers. If we are going to assume that the Twivamps mind powers work on the Jedi, can we say the same for the Jedi mind trick working on the Twivamps?

Didn't think about this.

I'll say probably yes. Although one could argue that it only work on "weak" minds. Personally I don't buy it, but I don't remember it working on any "stronger" willed people, like Obi Wan didn't use it on Jango for example. Could say PIS, but it'd be hard to argue that it is, and probably impossible if based just on feats.

Rogue Jedi
Didn't think about this.

I'll say probably yes. Although one could argue that it only work on "weak" minds. Personally I don't buy it, but I don't remember it working on any "stronger" willed people, like Obi Wan didn't use it on Jango for example. Could say PIS, but it'd be hard to argue that it is, and probably impossible if based just on feats. OK, for the sake of argument, let's say the mind trick can work on the vamps.

Council#13
What is this ridiculousness???!! It's like the Chronicles of Riddick in here!

Star Wars of course!

dadudemon
I am going to edit the team SW list, make it easier. Might include the Fetts and Grievous.

It'd be an interesting battle. The Jedi precog will be severely tested here. If they can track the Twivamps, I'd say they have a better than average chance of succeeding.

I don't see Alice's foresight as a weapon. Sure, she sees the future, but isn't it just like a potential future? Like Yoda says, "Always in motion, the future is." If the Jedi know she can see the future, surely they'd cloud their thoughts, I dunno. Their best option is, IMO, to be reactionary, to take things as they come.

Good match-up, btw. thumb up

And, yeah, I think the Jedi battle precog would be fast enough to react to the vamp, but the vamps should be able to react fast enough to avoid getting a saber slice.

It's really the diverse powers that the twivamps have that might give them the edge.

Both sides have precog, but Alice's is definitely way more advanced, being able to instantly see how the future changes with each decision. And it's quite vivid.

Jedi routinely react and block blaster bolt fire, which should be moving faster than a twivamp can move...but we do know that James can move faster than a plane because he not only back tracked the false course the Cullens set, but he beat Bella, who was on a plane, back to Phoenix. So a vamp, in a full on sprint, can run faster than a Jet airliner, in flight, which would be around 500 MPH. Edward is faster than James, significantly. (In the book, while he was carrying Bella, he was able to outrun, by a large margin, all other vampires, when James started to hunt down Bella, that portion is not capture very well in the movie as we only see Edward run away with no one seen behind them.

So, we have vampires that run really really damn fast when they are in a straight sprint...but probably much slower than that when fighting.

I'm still on the fence.

I'm going to go with the Jedi winning since their sabers would make very short work of the vamps and the heat from the sabers would ignite the fluids on the inside of the vampire as soon as it sliced into their granite flesh. (Didn't some of the clothes catch on fire when their limbs were chopped off in the star wars films? Like, the bar scene in A New Hope?)

I don't think the jedi/sith are fast enough to keep up with the Vamps, but all it takes is one good swipe with the lightsaber to end a vamp, quickly.

Edit - Well, if the Vamps use the mind powers, it's all over. The mind powers work on any an all vampires and there's no protection from it. Some of these vamps are vastly integllient and superior to humans as they've lived thousands of years (the romanians and Carlisle come to mind. Carlisle is probably the most knowledgable person in the series, having read tens of thousands of books in his lifetime.) The vampires minds are also sharper/more intelligent than a humans, but that is explained in book 4, so it doesn't count yet (unless they cut that portion out.)

The Jedi have not been full on illusion...their minds protect them from force suggestions and the like, but not full on illusions such as Alec's smoke or Jane's daggers of pain.

Placidity
Originally posted by dadudemon

I'm going to go with the Jedi winning since their sabers would make very short work of the vamps and the heat from the sabers would ignite the fluids on the inside of the vampire as soon as it sliced into their granite flesh. (Didn't some of the clothes catch on fire when their limbs were chopped off in the star wars films? Like, the bar scene in A New Hope?)

I don't think the jedi/sith are fast enough to keep up with the Vamps, but all it takes is one good swipe with the lightsaber to end a vamp, quickly.

Yes, but you forget that both teams have full knowledge of the opposition and have prep time. So everything you've said here, the Vamps already know - so they won't rush in and risk being diced.
They will likely use their special gifts first, and once they gain the upper hand they can go in for the kill.

dadudemon
Yes, but you forget that both teams have full knowledge of the opposition and have prep time. So everything you've said here, the Vamps already know - so they won't rush in and risk being diced.
They will likely use their special gifts first, and once they gain the upper hand they can go in for the kill.

This is why prep with precogs sucks. laughing

XanatosForever
I don't know why you guys think Alice's precognition is so infallible. She can and has made mistakes, and with all the prep it's not like the Jedi won't know how to render it effectively useless. The Jedi's battle precognition is way more effective here, I think.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm...Also, think about WHERE they are fighting.

dadudemon
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I don't know why you guys think Alice's precognition is so infallible. She can and has made mistakes, and with all the prep it's not like the Jedi won't know how to render it effectively useless. The Jedi's battle precognition is way more effective here, I think.

They were not mistakes, at all, just potential futures that changed, and she saw immediately as they changed, based on decisions.

Movie 3 put it to rest, though, as Alice literally could not be touched as she was able to see Jasper moves before he would make them. She has better battle precog than any Jedi.

The only way around her precog is using a La Push werewolf around the person you don't want to be seen. That's it, no exceptions.

Rogue Jedi
So she has precog. She's dead meat if she actually tries to engage a Jedi or Sith.

If the Jedii/Sith precog works the way it is supposed to, none of the Twivamps lay a finger on them. Remember how fast Obi Wan and Anakin were shown fighting? Dooku? Maul? One saber swipe and the Twivamp is decapped. At that point, it's a simple matter of force pushing their body parts into the lava or smelting pit.

Or the Jedi/Sith could just force push them into the lava right away. Dooku, shit, he could grab a Twivamp, levitate them, and throw them into the lava.

Rogue Jedi
Of course this all depends on IF the Jedi/Sith works as it is supposed to.

dadudemon
So she has precog. She's dead meat if she actually tries to engage a Jedi or Sith.

Well, since her precog is infinitely better than a Jedi's or Sith and she is far more physically capable and durable, the force users are dead meat.

If the Jedii/Sith precog works the way it is supposed to, none of the Twivamps lay a finger on them. Remember how fast Obi Wan and Anakin were shown fighting? Dooku? Maul? One saber swipe and the Twivamp is decapped. At that point, it's a simple matter of force pushing their body parts into the lava or smelting pit.

Or the Jedi/Sith could just force push them into the lava right away. Dooku, shit, he could grab a Twivamp, levitate them, and throw them into the lava.

Yeah, but remember how fast Felix and Edward were shown fighting? They were fighting as fast as the Flash. They were a blur, even in slow-mo. And that was a greatly weakened Edward that hadn't fed in 2 months.

Rogue Jedi
Well, since her precog is infinitely better than a Jedi's or Sith and she is far more physically capable and durable, the force users are dead meat.

Yeah, but remember how fast Felix and Edward were shown fighting? They were fighting as fast as the Flash. They were a blur, even in slow-mo. And that was a greatly weakened Edward that hadn't fed in 2 months.

Seeing the future is one thing, Jedi battle precog is different. I'd say Jedi battle precog is more useful here.

They were shown moving around like that. When it came to actually trading blows, they weren't that fast.

dadudemon
Seeing the future is one thing, Jedi battle precog is different. I'd say Jedi battle precog is more useful here.

You haven't seen movie 3, yet. Alice could not be touched because her precog worked so well, even in the middle of a fight.

Dead serious.

They were shown moving around like that. When it came to actually trading blows, they weren't that fast.

I'm confused, cause I watched the same thing you did: post the vid up and show me again.

It still doesn't matter as they were in slow mo, moving that fast. That's absurdly fast. No Jedi has fought something that fast.

Darth Truculent
I got an idea, let's throw Caedus into the fray who can create illusions. Edward and Jacob see Bella getting "killed" and oops, the pathetic Vamps and Shapeshifters are mincemeat. The Jedi and Sith he listed are upper tier characters. Jedi and Sith are strong willed and extremely powerful. What would a Vamp do if suddenly they were picked up with TK and thrown or say Sidious Force chokes or snaps their neck with a thought. The Jedi and Sith almost don't need lightsabers against Vamps. The Shapeshifters are a different story however.

Oh yeah, I thought this is a Sith Lords perfect song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qksTlo_1Tpw

Robtard
Lightsabres aren't cutting through Twilight-marble-flesh. /fact

marwash22
^

/bullshit

Robtard
Ha, no.

Contrary to SW fanboys, lightsabres can't cut through everything and anything.

Magical-granite-skin > lots of heat. /fact

marwash22
magical skin? that can't really be proven or disproven, but seeing as it's not mentioned anywhere that TwiVamps have "magically imbued skin", i say, no. Their skin is granite hard, that's about it, a laser can cut through granite with ease.

Robtard
No, due to the the Twilight-sparkle-effect, a laser would just reflect off. /fact

marwash22
lol, that's complete speculation. the sparkle effect is a byproduct of their skin being hard and smooth. They sparkle simply to make them more beautiful... Myers is a moron, but their skin isn't magical.

Robtard
lol, that's complete speculation. the sparkle effect is a byproduct of their skin being hard and smooth. They sparkle simply to make them more beautiful... Myers is a moron, but their skin isn't magical.

Myers isn't a moron; she just a terrible writer with terrible ideas who happens to be extremely popular with morons. /fact <--- this time I mean it

Rogue Jedi
You haven't seen movie 3, yet. Alice could not be touched because her precog worked so well, even in the middle of a fight.

Dead serious. I don't doubt you, but sooner or later she'll have to engage a Jedi, go on the offensive. If the Jedi precog works properly, they'll be ready and they'll decap her.

Also, if she's caught in a force hold, she's ****ed.

Confused about what? Yes, they were moving around really fast, but when it came time to actually fight, to trade blows, they were fast, but not near as fast as they were when simply moving around.

If a Jedi let's the force control his actions (like when they block blaster bolts, which move faster than vampires), then they should be fine.

Question. How would you approach the fight if you were Yoda?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
No, due to the the Twilight-sparkle-effect, a laser would just reflect off. /fact Stop talking, Rob.

Robtard
Stop talking, Rob.

What the hell are you still doing here, didn't I tell you to STFU;GTFO?

Rogue Jedi
What the hell are you still doing here, didn't I tell you to STFU;GTFO? Granite is not adamantium.

Robtard
Granite is not adamantium.

It was a trolling-joke, you ass.

marwash22
^ figured as much. sneer

Rogue Jedi
It was a trolling-joke, you ass. Where the **** are my new movies?

Nephthys

Run away to a swamp and entrust the future of the universe to two untrained teenager's and the goodness of Darth Iheartkids Vader?

The Nuul
Jedi shit stomp.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul
Jedi shit stomp.

I wipe my ass with pages from Twilight. wink

dadudemon
I don't doubt you, but sooner or later she'll have to engage a Jedi, go on the offensive. If the Jedi precog works properly, they'll be ready and they'll decap her.

Also, if she's caught in a force hold, she's ****ed.

But her precog is far better than any Jedi's and is almost perfect (it really can't get better in a fictional universe besides going to omniscient levels, like Dr. Manhattan.)

On top of that, she is absurdly strong. No Jedi has ever shown being able to exert a force strong enough (on screen, of course), that could hold down a multi-ton, one armed lifter (that's at the least...a twivamp is a multi-ton lifter, violently (meaning very fast), with just one arm.)

That'd be like Yoda trying to exert 5 tons of force in the space of less than a second, which he was never shown. It would slow a vamp down, at best, but probably not even noticeable.

What about force choke? Pfffft.

hahahaha

Confused about what? Yes, they were moving around really fast, but when it came time to actually fight, to trade blows, they were fast, but not near as fast as they were when simply moving around.

If a Jedi let's the force control his actions (like when they block blaster bolts, which move faster than vampires), then they should be fine.

Nevermind, I found a clip. It's still far faster than any Jedi can cope with, for sure.

Alice is pretty effin' fast, too.

Darth Truculent
Try Galen Marek who re-directed a Star Destroyer into rail cannons. Force Lightning? Force Storm? Force Shove? Force Grip? Anyone feel like having fried trivamp dinner tonight? Nearly forgot - Darth Zannah and her Sith Sorcery. She'd be fighting a trivamp while probing the mind and digging their innermost fears and poof! . . . suddenly those demons are in the vamps face. Easy kill (see Star Wars: Rule of Two)As to the skin, ever hear of shatterpoint? Mace, Caedus, Jaina and Luke had the ability to use shatterpoint which breaks anything including beskar which is the densest armor.

Hewhoknowsall
Spite, Jedi win easily, although my knowledge about the Twilight series is limited. There have been hundred of Jedi shown in the movies and thousands in the EU. The Twiloght vampires have no effective defenses against FOrce powers or lightsabers.

If the Jedi can deflect multiple blaster bolts at once, they can also block attacks from vampires. What are the Twilight characters going to do against a lightsaber slash or Force push?

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Try Galen Marek who re-directed a Star Destroyer into rail cannons. Force Lightning? Force Storm? Force Shove? Force Grip? Anyone feel like having fried trivamp dinner tonight? Nearly forgot - Darth Zannah and her Sith Sorcery. She'd be fighting a trivamp while probing the mind and digging their innermost fears and poof! . . . suddenly those demons are in the vamps face. Easy kill (see Star Wars: Rule of Two)As to the skin, ever hear of shatterpoint? Mace, Caedus, Jaina and Luke had the ability to use shatterpoint which breaks anything including beskar which is the densest armor.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Spite, Jedi win easily, although my knowledge about the Twilight series is limited. There have been hundred of Jedi shown in the movies and thousands in the EU. The Twiloght vampires have no effective defenses against FOrce powers or lightsabers.

If the Jedi can deflect multiple blaster bolts at once, they can also block attacks from vampires. What are the Twilight characters going to do against a lightsaber slash or Force push?

Okay, you guys can go back to the SW Forums now.

Hewhoknowsall
Okay, you guys can go back to the SW Forums now.

At least we actually have a rational argument to support our position. You clearly can't come up with a rebuttal to our arguments, so you just tell us to go back to the SW forums in an insulting manner without saying how we are wrong, because we aren't and you know it. That's pathetic.

Or, if you think otherwise, maybe you can actually come up with an argument to support your side.

Rogue Jedi
But her precog is far better than any Jedi's and is almost perfect (it really can't get better in a fictional universe besides going to omniscient levels, like Dr. Manhattan.)

On top of that, she is absurdly strong. No Jedi has ever shown being able to exert a force strong enough (on screen, of course), that could hold down a multi-ton, one armed lifter (that's at the least...a twivamp is a multi-ton lifter, violently (meaning very fast), with just one arm.)

That'd be like Yoda trying to exert 5 tons of force in the space of less than a second, which he was never shown. It would slow a vamp down, at best, but probably not even noticeable.

What about force choke? Pfffft.

hahahaha

Nevermind, I found a clip. It's still far faster than any Jedi can cope with, for sure.

Alice is pretty effin' fast, too.

Still not sure how her precog helps her against Jedi who can react fast enough to block blaster bolts coming from multiple directions. IF the Jedi precog works as it is supposed to, the Twivamps will have no chance going toe to toe with them. A lightsaber will cut through them as easy as a hot knife through butter. The Twivamps will need to rely on their powers here. Going CQC with a Jedi who is armed with a lightsaber is absolute insanity, no matter who you are.

Also, in TPM, the ONE time they showed Obi Wan and Qui Gon using force speed, they moved pretty damn fast. They were a few hundred feet down a hallway in a coupla seconds.

Hewhoknowsall
Yeah, the Jedi win here. The Twilight dudes can't counter Force powers or lightsabers, and they won't be able to consistently hit the Jedi since the Jedi have shown to be able to deflect blaster bolts from multiple directions at once.

Placidity
At least we actually have a rational argument to support our position. You clearly can't come up with a rebuttal to our arguments, so you just tell us to go back to the SW forums in an insulting manner without saying how we are wrong, because we aren't and you know it. That's pathetic.

Or, if you think otherwise, maybe you can actually come up with an argument to support your side.

No you're pathetic. It's not your first time here, and you know this forum uses movie feats only, yet you continue to spout your EU bullshit.

As for arguments, there are plenty in this thread, you haven't made any responses to them, only ignoring them and saying what the jedi will do (which they won't even get a chance to).

Rogue Jedi
I had a thought. OK, here's the OP and the SW list of fighters:

Every Vampire shown in the "Twilight" movies versus every Jedi shown in all six Star Wars movies.

Scenario one:The fight takes place where the T1000 (Terminator: Judgement Day), was killed.

This scenario has only the Jedi.

Scenario two: The Jedi are teamed with the Sith.

The fight takes place on Mustafar, where Anakin and Obi Wan dueled. To the death.

In both scenarios, the following conditions apply:

1. Both teams have extensive knowledge of each other.

2. Both teams get one hour prep time.

OK, team SW, edited:

Team Star Wars:

Darth Sidious
Yoda
Mace Windu
Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
Darth Maul
Qui Gon Jinn
Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Ki Adi Mundi
Aayla Secura
Plo Koon
Saesee Tinn
Depa Billaba
Count Dooku
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Jett Zukassa
Jango Fett
Boba Fett
Zam Wessell
General Grievous

Suggestions?

Now, If the Twivamps and Jedi start out close to one another, ten feet or so, the Jedi are in trouble.

Let's go with this: The Twivamps are dropped via shuttle at the battle sites, a mile away. They have been briefed on the layout of each, maps and whatnot, while the Jedi use their prep time while already at the battle site.

That OK with you guys?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

Starkiller is not a G-level canon character....and neither is anything else you've named.

dadudemon
Still not sure how her precog helps her against Jedi who can react fast enough to block blaster bolts coming from multiple directions. IF the Jedi precog works as it is supposed to, the Twivamps will have no chance going toe to toe with them. A lightsaber will cut through them as easy as a hot knife through butter. The Twivamps will need to rely on their powers here. Going CQC with a Jedi who is armed with a lightsaber is absolute insanity, no matter who you are.

Also, in TPM, the ONE time they showed Obi Wan and Qui Gon using force speed, they moved pretty damn fast. They were a few hundred feet down a hallway in a coupla seconds.

It cause she can react faster than a jedi, is faster, is stronger, and has far better senses. That's how.

It's rather simple, actually.

And, a vampire can move that fast, all the time, apparently, without tiring. smile Carlisle said that Jasper and Edward could fight like that all day and there wouldn't be a change.

It's time like these that I wish we could bring in ALMOST G-level canon such as the Clone Wars cartoon. sad

Rogue Jedi
It cause she can react faster than a jedi, is faster, is stronger, and has far better senses. That's how.

It's rather simple, actually.

And, a vampire can move that fast, all the time, apparently, without tiring. smile Carlisle said that Jasper and Edward could fight like that all day and there wouldn't be a change.

It's time like these that I wish we could bring in ALMOST G-level canon such as the Clone Wars cartoon. sad
I know, but, IF Jedi precog works as it is supposed to, the Jedi will know where she will attack from. If she rushes in and attacks from the side, the Jedi will know right before it happens, and she'll step into a lightsaber. If she rushes in, sidesteps and attacks from the rear, the Jedi will now right before it happens and she'll step into a lightsaber. Etc etc etc; Her superior speed is nullified IF the Jedi knows where she will be at any moment.

No one is mentioning Grievous here?

dadudemon
I know, but, IF Jedi precog works as it is supposed to, the Jedi will know where she will attack from. If she rushes in and attacks from the side, the Jedi will know right before it happens, and she'll step into a lightsaber. If she rushes in, sidesteps and attacks from the rear, the Jedi will now right before it happens and she'll step into a lightsaber. Etc etc etc; Her superior speed is nullified IF the Jedi knows where she will be at any moment.

No one is mentioning Grievous here?

But you were the one preaching how crappy jedi battle precog is...but now it's supposed to be even remotely close to Alice's?

Here, this is a far better version of Twlight...and the acting is even better than in the movies. no expression

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/23286/Twilight-But-Good/

Rogue Jedi
But you were the one preaching how crappy jedi battle precog is...but now it's supposed to be even remotely close to Alice's?

Here, this is a far better version of Twlight...and the acting is even better than in the movies. no expression

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/23286/Twilight-But-Good/

I knew you would go there.

The other thread had attacks in varying forms, coming from everywhere. Above and Below. Big walls of fiendfyre. It had the Jedi splitting their attention on too many things at once.

Here, it's "OK, vampires, kill them."

Precog should work fine.

Nephthys
Grievous sucks unless we allow some EU in there. Heck, if we go by as much as the Revenge of the Sith novel, which old Lucas personally read and approved as canon, Grievous is so fast that 'Grievous's limbs could move them faster than the human eye can see; when he swung his arm, it and his fist and the lightsaber within it would literally vanish: wiped from existence by sheer mind-numbing speed, an imitation quantum event. No human being could move remotely as fast as Grievous, not even Obi-Wan-but he didn't have to.' and he's skilled enough to be one of the greatest swordsmen in history, matching Mace Windu in a straight up duel.

But we can't. So he sucks donkey testicles. no expression

Rogue Jedi
k. And the Fett's?

Nephthys
Donkey schlongs.

Rogue Jedi
Nice.

ares834
Jedi/Sith stomp... The idea that the TwiVamps can win by sitting around using their powers is all fine and dandy, if we accept the fact that the Jdei and Sith are sitting around like sheep for a slaughter... Hell while Jane uses her oh so special powers Vader will be chocking the hell out of them. And if the Vamps are to fast for the Jedi, well TK can be used.

Rogue Jedi
LOL at choking Twivamps.

ares834
Yeah my bad... Doesn't stop him from using TK though.

Robtard
Originally posted by ares834
Yeah my bad... Doesn't stop him from using TK though.

Replace force-choke with force-crush in regards to Vader; you've got yourself a win.

ares834
Edit: Very true he uses it at the end of ROTS...

Hewhoknowsall
No you're pathetic. It's not your first time here, and you know this forum uses movie feats only, yet you continue to spout your EU bullshit.

As for arguments, there are plenty in this thread, you haven't made any responses to them, only ignoring them and saying what the jedi will do (which they won't even get a chance to).

When did I use EU feats here in this thread?

Here's my argument:

Jedi see vampires.

Vampires charge at Jedi.

Jedi use the Force to hold the Vampires in place.

Jedi Force pull the Vampires to them while igniting their lightsabers and impaling the Vampires.

I have not seen any argument that effectively counters this.

dadudemon
Replace force-choke with force-crush in regards to Vader; you've got yourself a win.

I've never seen any Jedi (in the films) force crush a solid rock.

Here's my argument:

Jedi see vampires.

Vampires charge at Jedi.

Jedi Force pull the Vampires to them while igniting their lightsabers and impaling the Vampires.

TK is out. No Jedi is even remotely close to being powerful enough to exert many tons of force on a being that can produce many tons of force with just one arm.

Again, this is movie versus thread, not EU versus movie thread.

Hewhoknowsall

Their have been Jedi that have affected solid durasteel, which is far harder than rock.

Rogue Jedi

Here's my argument:

Jedi see vampires.

Vampires charge at Jedi.

I have not seen any argument that effectively counters this. There really is none. The Twivamps need their powers here, and even then the Jedi can force pull them into their sabers.

If the twivamps take the time to use their powers, the Fett's will burn them.

ares834
Vader is shown crushing Durasteel which is far harder than rock...

What? The twivamps will resist TK because they are strong... lol. Not how it works. They will be just as easy to move as a normal human.

dadudemon
Their have been Jedi that have affected solid durasteel, which is far harder than rock.

If by "affected" you mean force crush...

No, not SOLID durasteel. Hollow durasteel. And that was still EU.

dadudemon
Vader is shown crushing Durasteel which is far harder than rock...

No he wasn't. no expression

What? The twivamps will resist TK because they are strong... lol. Not how it works. They will be just as easy to move as a normal human.

What? They will force push and pull a twivamp just like a normal human? Not how it works. It will be as if they didn't have force push or pull.

Force crush?

Out.

The fact that anyone thinks this gets beyond a Jedi slaughter, is fanboyism.

There really is none. The Twivamps need their powers here, and even then the Jedi can force pull them into their sabers.

If the twivamps take the time to use their powers, the Fett's will burn them.

Then there's reality: they'd just walk right out of the "force-pull" or push.

ares834
No he wasn't. no expression
Watch Vader screaming NO!!!! at the end of RotS.

WTF? They lift them up and yank them forward twivamps can't do anything about it...

lol

No it being rational. The fact that anyone thinks this goes beyond a Vampire slaughter, is fanboyism.

Then there's the reality: the Jedi would lift the twivamps up...

Robtard

This is true, lifting them up even an inch would completely nullify any force/pressure they could exert towards overpowering the force-hold.

They can't fly, right?

dadudemon
Watch Vader screaming NO!!!! at the end of RotS.

Oh, right...so he didn't.

Thanks or confirming that.

WTF? They lift them up and yank them forward twivamps can't do anything about it...

This is where you direct us to a clip where they do that.

Wait, only one person did that: Dooku. big grin

lol

I know, right? Silly that you guys thought to use it.

No it being rational. The fact that anyone thinks this goes beyond a Vampire slaughter, is fanboyism.

No, what I said.

Right, cause that would be their first reaction, right? Wrong. That would not be their first reaction. See my other point. smile

This is Star Wars versus Cullen Twivamps.

Not: "What would ares834 do if He had Force Powers vs. The Cullens."

If you want that thread, you can make it in the OTF. I'd participate in it, seriously.

Edit - So, I need you guys to show me how much force is needed to crush a rock that is as hard as granite, and is solid. Please provide that. I know that the force required is astounding, already, and it far greater than even EU Mace Windu can do.

Robtard
Couple of things, DDM.

To assume that the vampires are just going to walk out of a force-hold as if it didn't exist is nonsense, especially one from one of the stronger Jedi. eg Yoda picked up and moved an X-Wing. So while they might possibly be able to overcome a force-hold, it will slow them down in the process; using Jedi precog, it's just a matter of 'seeing' this and lifting them up, thereby negating any forward momentum they might have.

As far as the 'can the Jedi/Sith crush solid marble?' They're marble-like, but they're also malleable and flexible, but also seem to crack and snap like they're solid, odd thing. Then there's the fact that most/all of the vampires are thin and frail looking, ie the Jedi would only have to crush/shatter a thin marble statue, would be a better comparison. You swinging a 2lbs hammer could make rubble out of a marble statue of that shape and size.

Hewhoknowsall
Oh, right...so he didn't.

Thanks or confirming that.

This is where you direct us to a clip where they do that.

Wait, only one person did that: Dooku. big grin

I know, right? Silly that you guys thought to use it.

No, what I said.

Right, cause that would be their first reaction, right? Wrong. That would not be their first reaction. See my other point. smile

This is Star Wars versus Cullen Twivamps.

Not: "What would ares834 do if He had Force Powers vs. The Cullens."

If you want that thread, you can make it in the OTF. I'd participate in it, seriously.

Edit - So, I need you guys to show me how much force is needed to crush a rock that is as hard as granite, and is solid. Please provide that. I know that the force required is astounding, already, and it far greater than even EU Mace Windu can do.

When Vader was screaming "NO!!!!" near the end of ROTS, he crushed durasteel droids and lots of the medical equipment, as well as possibly the whole base, and he wasn't even directing it at them.

Yoda in AOTC (since for some reason the movies vs forums rules doesn't allow EU content, even canon content, including ones that directly tie in with the movies) used the Force to stop a giant pillar thing. Therefore, Jedi can obviously move a vampire, unless if you are claiming that Twilight vampires weigh more than giant durasteel pillars.

Yoda in ROTS stopped a senate pod that was coming down at him at high speeds, put a spin to it and then threw it back UP what was probably several hundred feet. He also jumps across senate pods and avoids senate pods being thrown down at him.

Oh, and in ROTS Yoda and Obi Wan easily pwned a bunch of space age clone troopers raised from birth to fight, AND they were fighting the 501st (I think, from what I remember), which was trained specifically for Order 66 AND were the elite of the elite of the GAR. Yoda was shown Force pushing multiple clone troopers at once while both he and Obi Wan were deflecting blaster bolts from multiple angles.

Yoda in ANH lifted an X-wing.

Again:

Jedi turn on lightsabers
Jedi Force pull vampires onto the Jedi's lightsaber
Jedi win

dadudemon
When Vader was screaming "NO!!!!" near the end of ROTS, he crushed durasteel droids and lots of the medical equipment, as well as possibly the whole base, and he wasn't even directing it at them.

Oh, you're right about crushing some droids. But there is absolutely nothing in the movie that indicated they are durasteel.

And, if that was durasteel, it's barely stronger than lead because Obi-Wan easily bent some durasteel when he opened up Grievous's chest plates without a problem.

Besides, durasteel does not exist in the movies.

Yoda in AOTC (since for some reason the movies vs forums rules doesn't allow EU content, even canon content, including ones that directly tie in with the movies) used the Force to stop a giant pillar thing. Therefore, Jedi can obviously move a vampire, unless if you are claiming that Twilight vampires weigh more than giant durasteel pillars.

Not at all. I've already hinted at that being the absolute limit to a Jedi considering Yoda is pretty damn strong in the force. I'd put that Pillar at several tons. It took him a bit and lots of strength to move that pillar...much too long for a vampire that has more tons of force than the force Yoda had to apply to stop the pillar. Keep in mind, a twivamp treats a vehicle, at speed, like piece of styrofoam.

Yoda in ROTS stopped a senate pod that was coming down at him at high speeds, put a spin to it and then threw it back UP what was probably several hundred feet. He also jumps across senate pods and avoids senate pods being thrown down at him.

Right...but how is that going to help him against an opponent that can smack around a senate pod like it's styrofoam, can move far faster than any character in the Star Wars films, and can read his every thought? (Edward is who I'm speaking of, of course.)

Oh, and in ROTS Yoda and Obi Wan easily pwned a bunch of space age clone troopers raised from birth to fight, AND they were fighting the 501st (I think, from what I remember), which was trained specifically for Order 66 AND were the elite of the elite of the GAR. Yoda was shown Force pushing multiple clone troopers at once while both he and Obi Wan were deflecting blaster bolts from multiple angles.

Clone troopers <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< any twilight vamp.

That's a very power example.

One vampire could take out the entire 501st, alone. no expression

Yoda in ANH lifted an X-wing.

Very very slowly. And an X-wing is several tons...something a twivamp to move very quickly with just one arm.

Again:

Jedi turn on lightsabers
Jedi Force pull vampires onto the Jedi's lightsaber
Jedi win

If a Jedi force pulled a twivamp towards themselves, they'd end up dead.

It wouldn't matter since they vamp would come anyway. The Jedi would be dead long before they even thought to use the force.

Robtard
To assume it's going to be that simple and easy for the Jedi to pull a win is foolish, given the diverse powers/abilities of the Twilight vampires.

I'd give it to the Jedi, with a hard fight and many dead Jedi left in the aftermath.

dadudemon
Couple of things, DDM.

To assume that the vampires are just going to walk out of a force-hold as if it didn't exist is nonsense, especially one from one of the stronger Jedi. eg Yoda picked up and moved an X-Wing. So while they might possibly be able to overcome a force-hold, it will slow them down in the process; using Jedi precog, it's just a matter of 'seeing' this and lifting them up, thereby negating any forward momentum they might have.

They will, though, as if it was nothing.

A Twivamp can quickly move the same amount of weight, if not more, far faster than Yoda did.

It's like comparing a child to Pudzianowski.

I agree that it could slow them down, though. Just a little and it would be negligible.

As far as the 'can the Jedi/Sith crush solid marble?' They're marble-like, but they're also malleable and flexible, but also seem to crack and snap like they're solid, odd thing. Then there's the fact that most/all of the vampires are thin and frail looking, ie the Jedi would only have to crush/shatter a thin marble statue, would be a better comparison. You swinging a 2lbs hammer could make rubble out of a marble statue of that shape and size.

They are granite-like. Not like Marble. That's Rice vamps.

That same "frail-like marble" is also bullet-proof...something a marble statue is not.

So while everyone would like the twivamps to lose because it's popular to hate twivamps, there's not comparison as they'd massacre just about any creature or organism from any movie people can think of.

It was fun to hate the Wizard, but I guess it's twilight's turn to get it's far share of hate.

To assume it's going to be that simple and easy for the Jedi to pull a win is foolish, given the diverse powers/abilities of the Twilight vampires.

I'd give it to the Jedi, with a hard fight and many dead Jedi left in the aftermath.

The only problem is no Jedi can move fast enough to even strike a twivamp. If there were 500 Jedi-knight level Jedi's, all bunched together, they'd still all go down with no twilight vampires losing a single person. erm The problem is: not one Jedi can move even remotely fast enough to keep up with a vamp. The twilight vamps looks like the flash....when they are in slow-motion. That's just absurd. How can anyone but another vamp stand up against that? (I'd put Dr. Manhattan against them, with an easy victory, of course.)

ADarksideJedi
They are both very different but being a star wars fan I like Star wars alot better by plot mosty.

Rogue Jedi

Then there's reality: they'd just walk right out of the "force-pull" or push. My dear lord..........stop talking.

dadudemon
My dear lord..........stop talking.

Reported.

That type of talk is not appropriate.

If any of you are wondering, I didn't report jack shit. It's just a joke between RJ and I and he'll probably be the only one to get it.

Instead of posting like that, actually prove that a Jedi can stop many tons of force with their force abilities (the same object needs to be moving so fast that it's a blur, btw). smile

Rogue Jedi
Reported.

That type of talk is not appropriate.

If any of you are wondering, I didn't report jack shit. It's just a joke between RJ and I and he'll probably be the only one to get it.

Instead of posting like that, actually prove that a Jedi can stop many tons of force with their force abilities (the same object needs to be moving so fast that it's a blur, btw). smile Force hold leads to Force pull. They'll be suspended in midair.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/facepalmimplied.jpg

Wait, Rob already covered this.

Hewhoknowsall
Oh, you're right about crushing some droids. But there is absolutely nothing in the movie that indicated they are durasteel.

And, if that was durasteel, it's barely stronger than lead because Obi-Wan easily bent some durasteel when he opened up Grievous's chest plates without a problem.

Besides, durasteel does not exist in the movies.

The droids were made out of metal, and the main form of metal used in SW is durasteel.

Obi Wan was using Force enhanced strength.

Of course durasteel exists in the movies. You see it multiple times.

No offense, but this is an example of misinformation on your part. What is this with "absolute limit"? Yoda is probably the most powerful Jedi in history up to that point, but nothing says that he's the "absolute limit", especially since in the EU (which you seem to ignore) Luke and Sidious end up surpassing Yoda.

And what are you talking about? A vampire from Twilight weighs far less than a giant pillar.

That's not the point. If Yoda can stop a senate pod coming down onto him (note that Yoda had been fighting against the most powerful sith lord of all time for several minutes) at full speed, he can stop a vampire charging at him.

Actually, although in most cases that might be true, one direct hit to, say, the head from a full powered DC15 and a Twilight vampire's down.

Are you serious? One vampire from Twilight could take out 10,000 of the most elite soldiers the galaxy has ever seen, armed with weapons that have ranges of 10 kilometers and can create a half a meter hole in the SW version of concrete, and with armor complete with advanced, space age material and sensory devices, not to mention the support tanks, artillery, walkers, etc.?

That's not the point. The point is that Jedi would be able to Force hold the Twilight vampires before the vampires get close. The vampires have no effective defense against the Force.

How?

What? The Jedi can react fast enough to deflect blaster bolts coming from multiple angles and often times predict the future.

I don't mean to offend you, but in this thread a lot of you are really not getting it. The Twilight vampires CAN'T STOP THE FORCE!!!! You can say all you want about them being uber strong physically, but that doesn't mean much when they're immobilized by the Force. Nor can the vampires do anything effective about a Jedi's lightsaber.

A vampire lunges at a Jedi.
The Jedi slashes at the vampire.
The vampire falls down, dead or severely injured.

Although I respect your opinion, saying stuff such as "omg the vampires can walk through a Force push like it was nothing!!!!" is absolute nonsense.

Rogue Jedi
What's so damn hard to understand? If the Jedi precog works properly here, they will know where each Twivamp will be attacking from. One lightsaber swipe, then a force push into lava, end of Twivamp.

Or Dooku can just force grab them and throw them into the lava.

Robtard
They will, though, as if it was nothing.

A Twivamp can quickly move the same amount of weight, if not more, far faster than Yoda did.

It's like comparing a child to Pudzianowski.

I agree that it could slow them down, though. Just a little and it would be negligible.

They are granite-like. Not like Marble. That's Rice vamps.

That same "frail-like marble" is also bullet-proof...something a marble statue is not.

So while everyone would like the twivamps to lose because it's popular to hate twivamps, there's not comparison as they'd massacre just about any creature or organism from any movie people can think of.

It was fun to hate the Wizard, but I guess it's twilight's turn to get it's far share of hate.

The only problem is no Jedi can move fast enough to even strike a twivamp. If there were 500 Jedi-knight level Jedi's, all bunched together, they'd still all go down with no twilight vampires losing a single person. erm The problem is: not one Jedi can move even remotely fast enough to keep up with a vamp. The twilight vamps looks like the flash....when they are in slow-motion. That's just absurd. How can anyone but another vamp stand up against that? (I'd put Dr. Manhattan against them, with an easy victory, of course.)

Not exactly sure where you're getting this strength level from the vampires (not saying you're lying, not a Twilight master), we've got Edward stopping a van with his hand and then pushing a tree over, both very impressive, but nothing Yoda couldn't do and in spades via the Force.

My bad, meant granite; said marble instead. Bullet-proof as in they sustain zero damage form gun fire or gun fire would cause some damage (as in against a granite slab), but mostly negligible? Something from the movies to back either up would be great.

I've seen various fight-clips, when they fight, they seem to move fast, but definitely slow down when fighting/exchanging blows. Saw a clip from Eclipse, the werewolves fighting vampires; there was no "blurring" speeds. Seems very inconsistent.

If you think my argument is based on "twilight hate", you're mistaken. It's a retarded franchise, but that's not factoring in.

Jedi can anticipate and block baster-fire. Are you saying that a vampire could charge and attack a Jedi far faster than this? If so, proof?

Hewhoknowsall

Please explain to me a power that the vampires have that allows them to resist the Force. To my knowledge, they don't.

The Jedi turn on their lightsabers.
The Jedi Force pull (which the vampires cannot block) the vampires.
The Jedi impale the vampires.
The Jedi win.

Common argument for Twilight vampires:

"Twilight vampires can resist the Force" - untrue. They themselves don't even know about the Force.

"Twilight vampires are faster" - debatable. Jedi are pretty darn fast as well, especially if you were to factor in the CANON EU sources in which Jedi sometimes moves faster than the eye, even a Force sensitive eye, can detect. Either way, the vampires can't move fast enough to avoid being Force TK'd.

"Twilight vampires are stronger" - Maybe in pure physical strength, but not compared to a Jedi's Force TK abilities.

"Twilight vampires have better pre cog" - debatable, but either way the Jedi will simply Force TK them.

dadudemon
The droids were made out of metal, and the main form of metal used in SW is durasteel.

Not canon to the Movies.

Not canon to the Movies.

Of course durasteel exists in the movies. You see it multiple times.

Not canon to the Movies.

No offense, but this is an example of misinformation on your part. What is this with "absolute limit"? Yoda is probably the most powerful Jedi in history up to that point, but nothing says that he's the "absolute limit", especially since in the EU (which you seem to ignore) Luke and Sidious end up surpassing Yoda.

No offense, but Yoda was straining his ass off to barely move the X-wing...you obviously didn't watch the film.

And what are you talking about? A vampire from Twilight weighs far less than a giant pillar.

And magically, all Star Wars characters pick up all of the Twilight characters. Wait, they don't.

That's not the point. If Yoda can stop a senate pod coming down onto him (note that Yoda had been fighting against the most powerful sith lord of all time for several minutes) at full speed, he can stop a vampire charging at him.

That's not the point. You just ignored everything I said.

A thrown senate pod is not going to exert nearly the force as a vampire is.

Besides, Yoda was struggling to stop the pods. happy

Anyway, Edward can hear every thought and avoid everything and every tactic.

Actually, although in most cases that might be true, one direct hit to, say, the head from a full powered DC15 and a Twilight vampire's down.

Actually, the vampire wouldn't be down and the blaster would be lucky to vaporize a couple of milimeters of a twivamps skin.

Even if it did punch a hole, which wouldn't happen, it would kill a vamp. It would just regen.

Are you serious? One vampire from Twilight could take out 10,000 of the most elite soldiers the galaxy has ever seen, armed with weapons that have ranges of 10 kilometers and can create a half a meter hole in the SW version of concrete, and with armor complete with advanced, space age material and sensory devices, not to mention the support tanks, artillery, walkers, etc.?

Absolutely, and then some.

That's not the point. The point is that Jedi would be able to Force hold the Twilight vampires before the vampires get close. The vampires have no effective defense against the Force.

Except the fact that the Vampires are much too fast and strong for the force to be much of a factor.

How?

Because they are far faster and far stronger than a Jedi. Pulling it closer would end up in their death.

They'd swing, hit nothing but air, and have a hole punched through their head.

What? The Jedi can react fast enough to deflect blaster bolts coming from multiple angles and often times predict the future.

And those same blaster bolts, coming form one direction, are enough to take down even a Jedi master. Thanks for proving my point.

1000 troopers could all surround one vampire and they would all end up dead and hit absolutely nothing. One Jedi against 20 troopers ends up dead, even if they are a master.

See the difference now?

dadudemon
Please explain to me a power that the vampires have that allows them to resist the Force. To my knowledge, they don't.

The Jedi turn on their lightsabers.
The Jedi Force pull (which the vampires cannot block) the vampires.
The Jedi impale the vampires.
The Jedi win.

Common argument for Twilight vampires:

"Twilight vampires can resist the Force" - untrue. They themselves don't even know about the Force.

"Twilight vampires are faster" - debatable. Jedi are pretty darn fast as well, especially if you were to factor in the CANON EU sources in which Jedi sometimes moves faster than the eye, even a Force sensitive eye, can detect. Either way, the vampires can't move fast enough to avoid being Force TK'd.

"Twilight vampires are stronger" - Maybe in pure physical strength, but not compared to a Jedi's Force TK abilities.

"Twilight vampires have better pre cog" - debatable, but either way the Jedi will simply Force TK them.

Nothing is allowed in these threads except for the movies.

Alice definitely has better precog as it doesn't happen in a "once in a while vision" she can see visions instantly and they are as vivd as seeing them with her own eyes. lol...they even have sound. And as soon as the future changes, she sees the new future, immediately.

Her battle precog is on a whole other level. Jasper couldn't even touch her and he is the most battle hardened vampire in the Cullen coven. He is second fastest to Edward and second strongest to Emmett, has over a century of battle and was trained in war tactics, making him the most deadly vampire, and he couldn't even touch Alice (despite being faster, stronger, and a better fighter). Alice made him look like a fool.

Get this: he swung and hit nothing but air, and she was up in a tree, 20 feet away, jumped on his back, and taunted him. That type of speed and battle precog was never seen by any Jedi.

Also, the Cullens would know all about the Jedi and any of the other forces, as soon as they decided to attack. As soon as anyone decided to attack the Cullens, Alice would see the entire thing.

dadudemon
Not exactly sure where you're getting this strength level from the vampires (not saying you're lying, not a Twilight master), we've got Edward stopping a van with his hand and then pushing a tree over, both very impressive, but nothing Yoda couldn't do and in spades via the Force.

My bad, meant granite; said marble instead. Bullet-proof as in they sustain zero damage form gun fire or gun fire would cause some damage (as in against a granite slab), but mostly negligible? Something from the movies to back either up would be great.

I've seen various fight-clips, when they fight, they seem to move fast, but definitely slow down when fighting/exchanging blows. Saw a clip from Eclipse, the werewolves fighting vampires; there was no "blurring" speeds. Seems very inconsistent.

If you think my argument is based on "twilight hate", you're mistaken. It's a retarded franchise, but that's not factoring in.

Jedi can anticipate and block baster-fire. Are you saying that a vampire could charge and attack a Jedi far faster than this? If so, proof?

Edward stopped the movie van with his hand and barely tried.

Bella remarked that a car is like styrofoam to a vampire.

Vampires are also faster than a commercial jet air-liner...far faster. James had enough time to back track, go back to Forks, and retrace Bella's scent, and predict that she was on a flight to Phoenix, and get there before she did, in time to go through her shit, find one tape, and taunt her about it.

Isn't that 500Mph+ ?

That's ridiculous.

And don't worry about it: Meyer stole the hard as "insert some sort of stone name here that makes the reader think the vampire is rather solid, here" stone thing from Rice, anyway.

And, no, Yoda cannot push a large living tree over, with the force, even remotely as fast as Edward did. The force required to push the tree over, from the point Edward did, is just ridiculous. That would put well above a 100+ to class lifter. Yoda has not done anything remotely close to 20 tons, much less 100+ tons.

Also, the "blurring" speed thing. You're right. The director is totally inconsistant in movie 3, with that shit. Bella described Edward's everyday movement, when no one was around, as instant. She'd be talking to him out of her car and he would disappear and touch her back. But he made Alice move so fast that it seemed instant...but then they fight against he newborns was HUMAN SPEED! Yet we have them moving "blurring fast" in the first two films.

Inconsistant out of the ass, for sure.

No, actually, I think that only some of your arguments are based on twi-hate. Really, it seems if you're trying to approach this objectively and weigh both sides, which not one person is doing in this thread (cept maybe Placidity and myself.)

You're premise assumes that a Vampire will charge and attack in the straight line. That's not what they'd do at all. Jasper taught them to NOT do that. That was the whole point of their training.

Subtract the obvious gimping the director applied in movie 3, and you have a very well versed fighter that does attack in a very straight-line.

I demmaned proof that any Jedi or force user has ever fought anyone that moves like the Flash but has the strength of Juggernaut.

Rogue Jedi

Alice definitely has better precog as it doesn't happen in a "once in a while vision" she can see visions instantly and they are as vivd as seeing them with her own eyes. lol...they even have sound. And as soon as the future changes, she sees the new future, immediately.

Her battle precog is on a whole other level. Jasper couldn't even touch her and he is the most battle hardened vampire in the Cullen coven. He is second fastest to Edward and second strongest to Emmett, has over a century of battle and was trained in war tactics, making him the most deadly vampire, and he couldn't even touch Alice (despite being faster, stronger, and a better fighter). Alice made him look like a fool.

Get this: he swung and hit nothing but air, and she was up in a tree, 20 feet away, jumped on his back, and taunted him. That type of speed and battle precog was never seen by any Jedi.

Also, the Cullens would know all about the Jedi and any of the other forces, as soon as they decided to attack. As soon as anyone decided to attack the Cullens, Alice would see the entire thing.

Who has the better precog, who is the fastest, who is the strongest, this shit is a moot point.

So what if Alice has better precog? The Jedi have precog and will know when and where she will attack, as will every other Jedi. There is absolutely no way a Twivamp gets close enough to a Jedi without the Jedi knowing about it a split second beforehand. Anakin will sense Jasper coming at him and attacking from the right, so Anakin will force push him into the lava or cut him to bits.

Look at how fast Yoda is while fighting:

U5HfSx8BgEE

And ANakin/Obi Wan/Maul:

pSwy412nttI

bPLXwrj7i7Q&feature=related

A Twivamp gets close to them, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.......

Dooku:

V6_dxW4NpDU

Check out what he does to Obi Wan at 1:20.

And check out what Obi Wan does to the droids at 1:10.

Do I need to elaborate?

Rogue Jedi

I demmaned proof that any Jedi or force user has ever fought anyone that moves like the Flash but has the strength of Juggernaut. And we demand proof that a Twivamp has ever fought anyone with Jedi battle precog and force abilities.

See that? wink

Darth Truculent
Thank you Rogue Jedi for showing evidence and stating the obvious. If a Twivamp saw the capabilities of a Jedi they would be more than impressed. If a Twivamp faced a Sith in combat with a deep knowledge of the dark side like Sidious, sorry for the vamps. They wouldn't understand Djem So for example and I will go as far to say, Jacob would stay the hell away from a Sith. He would realize he wouldn't have a prayer of successfully fighting someone of that power and speed.

dadudemon, TK is the most basic Force ability a Jedi & Sith are taught. It is seen in all of the movies 1-6. I have yet, to hear or see a Vamp use that ability or defend against it. What about a Force-augmented jump? A Twivamp cannont execute that type of jump. A Jedi & Sith fight faster due to their pre-cog abilities. Vamps and Shapeshifters would be pissed due to the anticipation of the Jedi and Sith.

BTW - No Vamp or Shapeshifter would want to meet a bloodlusted Anakin/Vader in RoTS.

Rogue Jedi
Why is no one giving the Fett's any notice?

Darth Truculent
Good question Rogue. I guess we got caught up destroying Twilight that we forgot to include the badass Mandalorian bounty hunter. Nearly forgot, what about the clones from the Clone Wars? Or the Stormtroopers?

Rogue Jedi
The Clones and Stormtroopers aren't in this thread. I put the Fett's in the thread, and Grievous.

DDM is right, a Twivamp would take down a shitload of Clones. Not as many as he says, but a shitload.

Darth Truculent
Yes, but eventually they would be overrun by the sheer number like at the Battle of Geonesis.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, probably. It'd take a helluva lot more than a DC-15 blaster rifle though. Prolly artillery. Thread idea shifty

Hewhoknowsall

And how does this help the Twilight vampires in any significant way in this case? The Jedi still win via mass Force TK and lightsabers.

dadudemon
Who has the better precog, who is the fastest, who is the strongest, this shit is a moot point.

So what if Alice has better precog? The Jedi have precog and will know when and where she will attack, as will every other Jedi. There is absolutely no way a Twivamp gets close enough to a Jedi without the Jedi knowing about it a split second beforehand. Anakin will sense Jasper coming at him and attacking from the right, so Anakin will force push him into the lava or cut him to bits.

There's one problem with your theory:

They could possible know, but they won't be able to react near fast enough. A jedi, which moves its sword human speed but with Jedi precog, cannot move it's sword faster than a twivamp moves which is >>>>>>>>>> than a Jedi or any force trained user.

Strength: No context. Even if you multiplied a force user's strength by 100, it still doesn't come close to a twivamp

Speed: No contest. A twivamp is absurdly fast. Who is faster from movie? Superman (and people like him from his movies), ummmm....dang, I'm drawing a blank, here. I thought of some others like Bene Gesserit but those dudes didn't move fast like they did in the novels (but did move fast in the mini-series on sci-fi) and even then they are slower than twivamps.

Precog: Only ALice has it but Edward's mind reading ability was just as effective against Jasper because Jasper couldn't land a hit at all on Edward when they trained, just the same as Alice. All other vamps can react faster than a Jedi making it seem as though they have precog to a human, but they don't: it's just really fast perception.

Durability: no contest. Not even a disrupter blast would take down a vamp...though it would give some superficial damage and if it weren't for their healing abilities, repeated disrupter blasts should punch a hole through..but he vamps can heal too quickly.

Combat ability and Damage: This is a toughie. I had a hard time figuring this one out which is why it took too long for me to decided which side to take. I chose force user and military side at first. But I forgot about Alice's pre-sight which the Cullens heavily rely on. I want to give it to the force user's because of their swords being able to dice up a vamp, no problem, but I didn't think about them moving at ultra fast speeds, being able to easily avoid a saber, so this definitely goes to the Twivamps. Combat ability, well, that's easy, since a twivamp can took out a fully armed force of thousands of troops, no problem.

Intelligence: Depends on the person. Emmett doesn't care for smarts, but he's still a vampire. Carlisle and Edward are probably smarter than any one human (yet Edward has girls troubles...puhleez.) Yoda is probably a genius compared to a human with Mace being even smarter. So, it's hard to say. I'll give this to the Force users and military but...Bella does mention in book 4 that vampires get something like a photographic memory...but that doesn't equate to intelligence and that might not even show up in movie 4.

Special powers: Prolly the Twivamps. Just Alice alone makes this entire thread spite, imo. I would feel much better if you guys would stop making threads with Alice in them as even the Volturi were weary of attacking the Cullens because of Alice. Anyway, if it's just the Cullens, then the special abilities go to the force users. So, I think the stipulation was made to be the Cullens, so I'll change my answer to the Force users.

U5HfSx8BgEE

And ANakin/Obi Wan/Maul:

pSwy412nttI

A Twivamp gets close to them, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.......

Which isn't even nearly as fast as even a very slow mo'd twivamp. smile

Dooku:

V6_dxW4NpDU

Do I need to elaborate?

No you don't as it's a point that was already addressed.

If the point of these threads are to just pretend that the twivamps wouldn't destroy just about any character you guys can think of, then they need to stop as NO ONE is a twilight fan and I'm the only one trying to be reasonable.

dadudemon
And how does this help the Twilight vampires in any significant way in this case? The Jedi still win via mass Force TK and lightsabers.

No they don't. The Jedi don't get to use sabers or TK on a target that they can't hit.

Edit, well it looks like I'm the only one in this whole forum who will ever view the Twivamps objectively so I concede.

The Jedi rape the Twivamps, horrendously, because their saber will ignite their "fluids" as soon as it pierces their skin. (Which is an argument I used before someone brought up some good points.)

Rogue Jedi
There's one problem with your theory:

They could possible know, but they won't be able to react near fast enough. A jedi, which moves its sword human speed but with Jedi precog, cannot move it's sword faster than a twivamp moves which is >>>>>>>>>> than a Jedi or any force trained user.

Strength: No context. Even if you multiplied a force user's strength by 100, it still doesn't come close to a twivamp

Speed: No contest. A twivamp is absurdly fast. Who is faster from movie? Superman (and people like him from his movies), ummmm....dang, I'm drawing a blank, here. I thought of some others like Bene Gesserit but those dudes didn't move fast like they did in the novels (but did move fast in the mini-series on sci-fi) and even then they are slower than twivamps.

Precog: Only ALice has it but Edward's mind reading ability was just as effective against Jasper because Jasper couldn't land a hit at all on Edward when they trained, just the same as Alice. All other vamps can react faster than a Jedi making it seem as though they have precog to a human, but they don't: it's just really fast perception.

Durability: no contest. Not even a disrupter blast would take down a vamp...though it would give some superficial damage and if it weren't for their healing abilities, repeated disrupter blasts should punch a hole through..but he vamps can heal too quickly.

Combat ability and Damage: This is a toughie. I had a hard time figuring this one out which is why it took too long for me to decided which side to take. I chose force user and military side at first. But I forgot about Alice's pre-sight which the Cullens heavily rely on. I want to give it to the force user's because of their swords being able to dice up a vamp, no problem, but I didn't think about them moving at ultra fast speeds, being able to easily avoid a saber, so this definitely goes to the Twivamps. Combat ability, well, that's easy, since a twivamp can took out a fully armed force of thousands of troops, no problem.

Intelligence: Depends on the person. Emmett doesn't care for smarts, but he's still a vampire. Carlisle and Edward are probably smarter than any one human (yet Edward has girls troubles...puhleez.) Yoda is probably a genius compared to a human with Mace being even smarter. So, it's hard to say. I'll give this to the Force users and military but...Bella does mention in book 4 that vampires get something like a photographic memory...but that doesn't equate to intelligence and that might not even show up in movie 4.

Special powers: Prolly the Twivamps. Just Alice alone makes this entire thread spite, imo. I would feel much better if you guys would stop making threads with Alice in them as even the Volturi were weary of attacking the Cullens because of Alice. Anyway, if it's just the Cullens, then the special abilities go to the force users. So, I think the stipulation was made to be the Cullens, so I'll change my answer to the Force users.

Which isn't even nearly as fast as even a very slow mo'd twivamp. smile

No you don't as it's a point that was already addressed.

If the point of these threads are to just pretend that the twivamps wouldn't destroy just about any character you guys can think of, then they need to stop as NO ONE is a twilight fan and I'm the only one trying to be reasonable.

facepalm infinity.

dadudemon
facepalm infinity.
I'd definitely hit Alice, Rosalie, Bella, Esme, and the 2nd version of Victoria. mmmmmmm MMMMM! Deliciousness, I tell you.

Rogue Jedi
I'd definitely hit Alice, Rosalie, Bella, Esme, and the 2nd version of Victoria. mmmmmmm MMMMM! Deliciousness, I tell you.

The running joke here was me being a Harry Potter fanboy. You've taken it to a whole new level, my friend. Blinded by Sparkly ass gay Twitwinks.

dadudemon
The running joke here was me being a Harry Potter fanboy. You've taken it to a whole new level, my friend. Blinded by Sparkly ass gay Twitwinks.

Not even close. I haven't made tons of threads and determined the outcome before even making those threads yet. I also gave up after a dozen posts about it. I was also right, unlike everyone else that is blinded by their anti-twivamp rage.

Four reasons why I can't even hold a candle to you yet, RJ.

ares834
lol this is still going on...

Hewhoknowsall
No they don't. The Jedi don't get to use sabers or TK on a target that they can't hit.

Edit, well it looks like I'm the only one in this whole forum who will ever view the Twivamps objectively so I concede.

The Jedi rape the Twivamps, horrendously, because their saber will ignite their "fluids" as soon as it pierces their skin. (Which is an argument I used before someone brought up some good points.)

Are you pulling off the classic trick of feigning conceding to avoid actually conceding? I've seen that trick many times before.

Jedi can deflect blaster bolts, whichove far faster than Twilight vampires. In order for your idea to work the vampires will have to win before the Jedi can react, which is absurd.

Oh, and "objectionally"? No offense, bit you claed that vampires could shrug off Firce attacks and that one could solo the 501st, which is absurd. 10,000 elite clone troopers with equipment thousands of years ahead of Twilight and with armor, air and even space support vs one vampire?

dadudemon
Are you pulling off the classic trick of feigning conceding to avoid actually conceding? I've seen that trick many times before.

OMG! Liek, you're so sie kick! How did you GUESS that? You have powers beyond my imagination, despite my post telling you exactly what you just SAID! ZOMG! laughing

Jedi can deflect blaster bolts, whichove far faster than Twilight vampires. In order for your idea to work the vampires will have to win before the Jedi can react, which is absurd.

Wrong. A twivamp can run faster than 500Mph by a significant margin. On screen feats have a vampire, that's not even as fast as Edward, gett lured in the wrong direction, turning back to the city he came from, and then running all the way from Washington State to Phoenix FASTER than a commercial airliner. Not only did he beat the plane, he had enough time to review home movies for a while.

I pointed that out already, but it was ignored, because everyone wants the twivamps to lose no matter what.

I understand that. So what's the point of any versus thread that isn't outright spite? There is none.

No one will argue in favor of the Twivamps cause everyone wants them to lose. I'm joining the club because it makes the stupid threads die faster. smile

Oh, and "objectionally"? No offense, bit you claed that vampires could shrug off Firce attacks and that one could solo the 501st, which is absurd. 10,000 elite clone troopers with equipment thousands of years ahead of Twilight and with armor, air and even space support vs one vampire?

No, objectively, but I think I know what you were saying.

And yeah, all of what I said was actually objective and true, inside of fiction.

But I'm not arguing that anymore, TWIVAMPS SOOOO LOSE!

marwash22
Edward went from Washington to Phoenix (that's roughly one thousand miles) in less than 10 minutes... which would clock him in at around 5000pmh.

ares834
TWIVAMPS SOOOO LOSE!
Good we agree.

Concession accepted.

dadudemon
Edward went from Washington to Phoenix (that's roughly one thousand miles) in less than 10 minutes... which would clock him in at around 5000pmh.

It's 1500 miles, not 1000 (forks is north of Seattle by about an hour drive, but from Seattle, it's 1500.)

The speed would translate to 9,000 Mph.

And it wasn't Edward, it was James. Edward is faster (by far). Edward was left everyone in the dust when James started to go after Bella on the Baseball field.

I don't remember Edward running that distance in 10 minutes, though. That would put their speed into-perspective, though, and it would explain why Bella described Edward as seeming to teleport and, consequently, scaring her.

But it doesn't matter that a Twivamp is super fast: a Jedi can react to a 9,000Mph vampire, no problem, because their arms were seen moving 9,000 Mph in the films during saber duels.

Hewhoknowsall
Blaster bolts move much faster than 500 mph and Jedi can deflect them from multiple angles.

Oh, and a Twilight vampire cannot defeat the 501st.

dadudemon
Blaster bolts move much faster than commercial airliners, and Jedi can deflect them from multiple angles.

Oh, and a Twilight vampire cannot defeat the 51st

No they don't. You're late to the game, man. It's been established that Blaster bolts move around 100-300 Mph, depending on the scene.

In some scenes, it's as low as sub-60 Mph (trash compactor).

Here's a frame by frame from another person:

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2638

46.5 m/s is about 105 Mph (did the math in my head, so it could be off a bit..but not much.) That's definitely within the range I already spoke about.

I think the scene with Obi Wan and Jango Fett, in Ep. II, had Jango's bolts traveling closer to 300Mph. (Maybe the difference is that Jango has super awesome pistols? Would be likely.)

Rogue Jedi
Not even close. I haven't made tons of threads and determined the outcome before even making those threads yet. I also gave up after a dozen posts about it. I was also right, unlike everyone else that is blinded by their anti-twivamp rage.

Four reasons why I can't even hold a candle to you yet, RJ. Having an opinion on the victor and determining the outcome are two different things, babe.

I don't have any anti Twilight feelings.

Rogue Jedi
No they don't. You're late to the game, man. It's been established that Blaster bolts move around 100-300 Mph, depending on the scene.

In some scenes, it's as low as sub-60 Mph (trash compactor).

Here's a frame by frame from another person:

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2638

46.5 m/s is about 105 Mph (did the math in my head, so it could be off a bit..but not much.) That's definitely within the range I already spoke about.

I think the scene with Obi Wan and Jango Fett, in Ep. II, had Jango's bolts traveling closer to 300Mph. (Maybe the difference is that Jango has super awesome pistols? Would be likely.)

QJOU76JjxOc

Placidity

Here's my argument:

Jedi see vampires.

Vampires see Jedi. Jane uses her pain abilities, and Alec disables all their senses.

Vampires charge at Jedi.

Yeah, except both sides have full knowledge and prep on each other (actually Jedi get no prep cause they would figure Alice would know their plan anyway, so their best plan is probably to have no plan) so they aren't going to run in and commit suicide like you would want them to.

Plus its been pointed out by DDM that the level of speed vamps have are too great for the Jedi to handle.

Oh, did I mention Jane and Alec screws them up from the get go?

You might need to get your eyes checked.

Rogue Jedi
Can Jane target more than one Jedi at a time? In the movies?

Can Alec target all the Jedi at once, who will surely be spread out over a wide area?

Not even gonna comment on Alice. The slightest thing can change her vision. A Jedi sidestepping, Jasper farting, someone tripping, and the entire vision is shot.

Speed......What difference does it make if the Twivamps are faster? The Jedi will know where the Twivamps will be before they get there. Wait, haven't I said that? Even the fattest, most out of shape Jedi, IF their precog was working, would be able to determine where and when he would be attacked. It's simple: Sense danger, extend lightsaber, hold on while it cuts. If the Jedi precog is working as it should, this isn't even open for debate. hell, the Jedi could be a buncha fatass Hutts and still win.

marwash22
Can Jane target more than one Jedi at a time? In the movies? nope. Her's only works on one person at a time but it's immediate.

Can Alec target all the Jedi at once, who will surely be spread out over a wide area? yep. But what's this about them being spread out? That's not how Jedi operate in combat at all. There are always at lest two or three that stand back to back. Anyhow, yeah, Alec's power works on multiple targets at once.

Not even gonna comment on Alice. The slightest thing can change her vision. A Jedi sidestepping, Jasper farting, someone tripping, and the entire vision is shot. Her precog works perfectly in combat erm.

Speed......What difference does it make if the Twivamps are faster? The Jedi will know where the Twivamps will be before they get there. Wait, haven't I said that? Even the fattest, most out of shape Jedi, IF their precog was working, would be able to determine where and when he would be attacked. It's simple: Sense danger, extend lightsaber, hold on while it cuts. If the Jedi precog is working as it should, this isn't even open for debate. hell, the Jedi could be a buncha fatass Hutts and still win. since when do all jedi have battle precog? I think you're confusing that with that weird Spidey-sense thing they have where they can "sense a disturbance in the force"... it's an extension of 'Force vision' and it only alerts them of impending danger, it's not battle precog like Alice has. So yeah, they'd be able to tell if danger was approaching but they can;t see the direction of an attack or predict their opponent's moves.

Placidity

Speed......What difference does it make if the Twivamps are faster? The Jedi will know where the Twivamps will be before they get there. Wait, haven't I said that? Even the fattest, most out of shape Jedi, IF their precog was working, would be able to determine where and when he would be attacked. It's simple: Sense danger, extend lightsaber, hold on while it cuts. If the Jedi precog is working as it should, this isn't even open for debate. hell, the Jedi could be a buncha fatass Hutts and still win.

And er, where in the film do Jedi show precog on such a level? Anticipating someone will be speeding in and everything else they will do? Oh wait they haven't.

Guess Anakin, at the height of his power, should have seen Obi Wan cutting him down after performing that jump. + many countless other examples.

Also, even with Precog, vamp reflexes will trump them. Vamps will see the blade coming at them and move accordingly. Your theory is fail.

Rogue Jedi
And er, where in the film do Jedi show precog on such a level? Anticipating someone will be speeding in and everything else they will do? Oh wait they haven't.

On what level? Sensing danger, knowing when and where it's coming from? Um....All 6 movies.....

I have already explained why precog sometimes fails. Shall I explain again?

Vampires are fast when moving around, yeah, but when in actual combat? Not near as fast. A Jedi would have no problem striking them with their lightsaber.

Again with the vampires speed......Doesn't matter The Jedi will know where the vampires will be at any given second.If Emmett decides to run at Anakin, jump over him, land behind him? Anakin will know this. He'll reverse his saber and cut him in two.

If a vampire is twenty feet away and can be behind Obi Wan in the blink of an eye, Obi Wan will sense this, spin and decap them.

If Carlisle decides to jump at Dooku, Dooku will sense this, know right where Carlisle is, catch him in midair with a force hold, and hurl him into the lava.

I am forced to repost this:

U5HfSx8BgEE

And ANakin/Obi Wan/Maul:

pSwy412nttI

Dooku:

V6_dxW4NpDU

Now pay attention, this part is the clincher:
Look at the speed that Anakin and Obi Wan and Maul display. Want more proof that a Jedi can fight/react fast enough that he strikes a Twivamp?

In the third vid, Obi Wan is rushing up the stairs to rejoin the battle at 1:10. Two super battle droids are a foot away, firing FULL AUTO blaster fire on him. Obi Wan blocks it all, quite easily, never slowing down, and wastes them. THAT is all the proof you need to answer whether a Jedi can strike a Twivamp with a lightsaber.

The droids are RIGHT THERE, in his face, a foot away, BOTH OF THEM pouring down AUTO BLASTER FIRE ON HIM. He blocked Blocked ALL of it and cut them to pieces.

If you ignore it, or try to reason why it happened, you're trolling.

Not to mention the Fett's attacking from above, raining down blaster fire and missiles on the Twivamps.

More, you say?

b-iHuz-mpq4&feature=related

Obi Wan and QGJ, facing two droidekas. Full auto blaster fire coming at them. Never hit them.

Force speed, anyone? Obi Wan and QGJ are down the hall, at least two hundred feet away, in less than two seconds. People like to argue that Jedi can use force speed whenever they want, so I'll go with that. Not as fast as the Twivamps, but fast enough to evade if need be. MORE than fast enough to cut them to bits.

Yeah, he can run really fast. So?

Rogue Jedi
nope. Her's only works on one person at a time but it's immediate. K. So as she is mind raping a Jedi, Dooku grabs her in a force hold and hurls her into the lava. Buh bye Jane.

Jedi operate however they need to in combat. Knowing the Twivams powers, would you bunch up like a buncha covered wagins fighting against savages?

K, and it has been established that Alec needs line of sight. He messes with one Jedi, another will force push him into the lava. Buh bye Alec.

Never said it didn't.

facepalm Force precog is a universal force power. It warns the Jedi of danger, of where and when it is coming.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Precognition

Rogue Jedi
Here, look at how fast the Twivamps move when actually fighting:

07PxNEsP4No

Not as fast as you guys are making it out to be.

And oh my, is that Alice being grabbed by a Volturi? Where's the precog?

BTW: So Alice has precog, big ****in deal. Every one of the Jedi have it. Alice is the only Twivamp to have it. Thanks for playing.

And look at how fast Obi Wan and Anakin fight/react:

QZskatzwLf0

MORE than fast enough. Nothing left to do but sweep up the Twi mess.

Placidity
On what level? Sensing danger, knowing when and where it's coming from? Um....All 6 movies.....

I have already explained why precog sometimes fails. Shall I explain again?

No, you explained it as if they have Alice-level precog, knowing events well before they happen. That's a crock of shit and you know it, but you're welcome to point to feats. I know I could probably post about a whole page of instances where precog has failed, so don't even try that "fails sometimes" crap. They've only showed to have precog only briefly before things happen such as deflecting a blaster bolt.

Vampires are fast when moving around, yeah, but when in actual combat? Not near as fast. A Jedi would have no problem striking them with their lightsaber.

Again with the vampires speed......Doesn't matter The Jedi will know where the vampires will be at any given second.If Emmett decides to run at Anakin, jump over him, land behind him? Anakin will know this. He'll reverse his saber and cut him in two.

If a vampire is twenty feet away and can be behind Obi Wan in the blink of an eye, Obi Wan will sense this, spin and decap them.

If Carlisle decides to jump at Dooku, Dooku will sense this, know right where Carlisle is, catch him in midair with a force hold, and hurl him into the lava.

Good job completely ignoring what I said.

Reasons why you are fail:

1. Again Jedi have only ever showed precog briefly before they happen, not minutes, not hours or whatever the shit you would try to have us believe. So they can only see things briefly before they occur. This is evident as they can deflect blaster bolts, but if there are too many of them, they often cannot handle it because they aren't fast enough even if they do see it coming. Same deal with Vamps, but only many times faster than a blaster bolt as per DDM.

2. Regarding striking where they think the vampire will be - you said it doesn't matter how slow the fat Jedi is. This is complete shit. Say you are moving in slow mo (as I perceive you), and you had a precog I will run behind you, so you swing your saber behind you preemptively. Too bad for you I am so much faster than you that I can see you swing it in slow motion. Am I going to continue on my path and run into the sabre?
Vamps can change their fate too. The future you saw did not include you preemptively striking where I will be, so the future that happens will not be the same future that you saw.

Or to put it in another way, the future you saw involved me coming up behind you and ripping your head off. Because you changed the events that were going to occur, by trying to cut me with a saber at where you think I will appear, you have effectively changed the future because I would react differently.

Consider your mind blown and owned.

Rogue Jedi
No, you explained it as if they have Alice-level precog, knowing events well before they happen. That's a crock of shit and you know it, but you're welcome to point to feats. I know I could probably post about a whole page of instances where precog has failed, so don't even try that "fails sometimes" crap. They've only showed to have precog only briefly before things happen such as deflecting a blaster bolt.

Alice sees the future, yes, and it can all be changed in an eyeblink. I don't see how one Twivamp having precog helps them. If they all had it, yeah, but just Alice? It's not like she has some kind of mind meld with her comrades.

The Jedi have brief glimpses of possible futures, the past, and their battle precog. The possible futures are, as Yoda stated, always in motion, and difficult to predict.

Luke: "I saw a city in the clouds...."

Yes, precog has failed the Jedi before. A few instances:

Episodes 1-3: Why? Because Sidous was using the dark side to hinder the Jedi being able to see the future.

Episode 4: Vader ambushed by Han. Why did this happen? Because Vader was focusing completely on Luke in the trench.

Episode 6: Luke getting shot in the hand. How did this happen? Because he was fighting a shitload of guys, all blasting at him all at once.

Episode 6: Vader rose up and chucked Palpy down the shaft. Why did this happen? Because Palpy was completely focused on torturing Luke.

Verdict? When a Jedi is focusing completely on something else, their precog to other dangers around them is hindered.

QGJ "Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs."

Obi Wan "But Master Yoda says to be mindful of the future."

QGJ "But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the livjng force."

See? Focus completely on one thing and you risk missing something, more or less.

Don't start that shit, I am speaking politely to you, speak politely to me.

Because the future is always in motion, dude. What does seeing the future hours in advance help here? On the spot battle precog trumps that all day every day.

So if Edward Cullen is standing beside Han Solo, Han fires a blaster bolt at a target 100 feet away, Edward can run and reach the target first? I call bullshit.

And the Jedi battle precog will see the adjustment as it is made, see where the Twivamp wil be next, will know just where to strike a second time. Continue reading for indisputable proof of this.

And the Jedi are more than fast enough to react and redirect their offensive.

Once again:

Look at the speed that Anakin and Obi Wan and Maul display. Want more proof that a Jedi can fight/react fast enough that he strikes a Twivamp?

In the third vid, Obi Wan is rushing up the stairs to rejoin the battle at 1:10. Two super battle droids are a foot away, firing FULL AUTO blaster fire on him. Obi Wan blocks it all, quite easily, never slowing down, and wastes them. THAT is all the proof you need to answer whether a Jedi can strike a Twivamp with a lightsaber.

The droids are RIGHT THERE, in his face, a foot away, BOTH OF THEM pouring down AUTO BLASTER FIRE ON HIM. He blocked Blocked ALL of it and cut them to pieces.

Hmm?

Now, how do the Jedi keep track of all that shit and move their attack to the necessary location? Battle precog. Auto fire Blaster bolts flying in from all directions, the Jedi blocks them all. Blaster fire. Precog. Block. Blaster fire at a different angle. Precog. Block. See?

Um.....I don't swing that way, babe. I'm bilangual, there's a difference.

Hewhoknowsall
Vampires see Jedi. Jane uses her pain abilities, and Alec disables all their senses.

Yeah, except both sides have full knowledge and prep on each other (actually Jedi get no prep cause they would figure Alice would know their plan anyway, so their best plan is probably to have no plan) so they aren't going to run in and commit suicide like you would want them to.

Plus its been pointed out by DDM that the level of speed vamps have are too great for the Jedi to handle.

Oh, did I mention Jane and Alec screws them up from the get go?

You might need to get your eyes checked.

I don't think you get it.

The Jedi turn on their lightsabers. Vampires can't stop this.

The Jedi Force pull the vampires. Vampires can't stop this.

The Jedi impale the vampires. Vampires can't stop this.

Vampires can't stop the Jedi from using their lightsabers, they can't stop the Force and they can't withstand a lightsaber attack.

All of these claims about the vampires being faster/stronger/etc. aren't that relevant when the Jedi just ignite their lightsabers and Force pull the vampires on to them.

ScreamPaste
Also, Jedi have precog, speed advantage means nothing.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Also, Jedi have precog, speed advantage means nothing. Yep and lets not forget TK

ScreamPaste
I think HWKA covered it pretty well. Lightsaber+forcepull=dead vampires.

Rogue Jedi
Also, Jedi have precog, speed advantage means nothing. THIS is what I'm saying. thumb up

This vvvv

Is literally non debatable.

Originally posted by Phanteros
Yep and lets not forget TK Mhm. Dooku force grabs a Twivamp, lifts them up, what're they gonna do?

Watch, the Twivamp crowd will come back with "Twivamps are too fast!!!"

I'll bury their shit chin deep, then again, "Twivamps are too fast!!!" When I have proven in spades that they are NOT too fast. It's pathetic.

I think HWKA covered it pretty well. Lightsaber+forcepull=dead vampires. More or less.

Pwned
I dont hate Twilight in the slightest and i know the jedi willwin

Force pull+momentum=impaled vampire

DDM your completly ignoring everything exceptyour own flawed logic

Rogue Jedi
Emperor Palpatine: "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

There we have it. Better precognition than Alice.

Why do I have the feeling this will be ignored?

Placidity
Alice sees the future, yes, and it can all be changed in an eyeblink. I don't see how one Twivamp having precog helps them. If they all had it, yeah, but just Alice? It's not like she has some kind of mind meld with her comrades.

The Jedi have brief glimpses of possible futures, the past, and their battle precog. The possible futures are, as Yoda stated, always in motion, and difficult to predict.

Luke: "I saw a city in the clouds...."

Yes, precog has failed the Jedi before. A few instances:

Episodes 1-3: Why? Because Sidous was using the dark side to hinder the Jedi being able to see the future.

Episode 4: Vader ambushed by Han. Why did this happen? Because Vader was focusing completely on Luke in the trench.

Episode 6: Luke getting shot in the hand. How did this happen? Because he was fighting a shitload of guys, all blasting at him all at once.

Episode 6: Vader rose up and chucked Palpy down the shaft. Why did this happen? Because Palpy was completely focused on torturing Luke.

Verdict? When a Jedi is focusing completely on something else, their precog to other dangers around them is hindered.

QGJ "Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs."

Obi Wan "But Master Yoda says to be mindful of the future."

QGJ "But not at the expense of the moment. Be mindful of the livjng force."

See? Focus completely on one thing and you risk missing something, more or less.

Don't start that shit, I am speaking politely to you, speak politely to me.

Because the future is always in motion, dude. What does seeing the future hours in advance help here? On the spot battle precog trumps that all day every day.

So if Edward Cullen is standing beside Han Solo, Han fires a blaster bolt at a target 100 feet away, Edward can run and reach the target first? I call bullshit.

And the Jedi battle precog will see the adjustment as it is made, see where the Twivamp wil be next, will know just where to strike a second time. Continue reading for indisputable proof of this.

And the Jedi are more than fast enough to react and redirect their offensive.

Once again:

Hmm?

Now, how do the Jedi keep track of all that shit and move their attack to the necessary location? Battle precog. Auto fire Blaster bolts flying in from all directions, the Jedi blocks them all. Blaster fire. Precog. Block. Blaster fire at a different angle. Precog. Block. See?

Um.....I don't swing that way, babe. I'm bilangual, there's a difference.

I can't be bothered presenting my arguments only to have you reply with some bullshit and pretend it actually counters any thing I said.

I get DDM now, you can only tolerate so much bullshit until you just can't be fcked anymore.

And Maul and Obi Wan? They fight at human speed.

Oh yea and speed trumps precog. Jedi will always be moving in slow mo to vamps, don't give a shit what you say, they aren't gonna let themselves get hit.

Placidity
I don't think you get it.

The Jedi turn on their lightsabers. Vampires can't stop this.

The Jedi Force pull the vampires. Vampires can't stop this.

The Jedi impale the vampires. Vampires can't stop this.

Vampires can't stop the Jedi from using their lightsabers, they can't stop the Force and they can't withstand a lightsaber attack.

All of these claims about the vampires being faster/stronger/etc. aren't that relevant when the Jedi just ignite their lightsabers and Force pull the vampires on to them.

No you don't get anything.

Firstly, don't quote my post and pretend this addresses it because the main points were about Alec and Jane, and this doesn't present any defense against it so I guess you know Jedi will lose.

Vamps are too fast to be locked on by force pull. Jedi need to aim their hands at their target first.

By the time they notice a blurring vamp coming in the next thing they know is that their head is being ripped off.

Um speed is absolutely relevant even though you'd like to pretend its not. It's why someone like Flash can take Superman. If this were in the Comic Book forums, you'd all get ripped new assholes. Most people know that a substantial speed and reaction time advantage, along with ability to deal damage to the other opponent will mean a win every time.

Rogue Jedi
I can't be bothered presenting my arguments only to have you reply with some bullshit and pretend it actually counters any thing I said.

I get DDM now, you can only tolerate so much bullshit until you just can't be fcked anymore.

And Maul and Obi Wan? They fight at human speed.

Oh yea and speed trumps precog. Jedi will always be moving in slow mo to vamps, don't give a shit what you say, they aren't gonna let themselves get hit.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/facepalm2.jpg

haermmYou didn't even make a dent in this:

Not to mention this:

Emperor Palpatine: "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."

There we have it. Better precognition than Alice.

Why do I have the feeling this will be ignored?

That clip is epic proof that Jedi can react fast enough to slice a Twivamp in two. For Obi Wan to be able to react that fast at a foot away from multiple droids firing full automatic on him, yeah, the Jedi will be just fine. And now that we have established that Palpatine has better precog than Alice, weeeeeeeeeeell........Yeah.

Knock Knock.

Rogue Jedi

Oh yea and speed trumps precog.

You really need to stop posting. Seriously, it was funny for a while, now it's just embarassing.

Speed does not trump Jedi battle precog. How do you think Obi Wan blocked those blaster bolts? You know, the ones I talked about here:

You think he saw them and was like "OK, I better block those, Here goes?" No, he let the force guide him.

Jedi battle precog will allow them to always know where the Twivamp will be coming. The Jedi simply employ force speed to evade, then a force hold, or just cut them to bits.

Want speed? Here:

U5HfSx8BgEE

Look at how fast Yoda and Dooku are. Hot, nasty, greasy ass speed.

Placidity
You really need to stop posting. Seriously, it was funny for a while, now it's just embarassing.

Speed does not trump Jedi battle precog. How do you think Obi Wan blocked those blaster bolts? You know, the ones I talked about here:

You think he saw them and was like "OK, I better block those, Here goes?" No, he let the force guide him.

Jedi battle precog will allow them to always know where the Twivamp will be coming. The Jedi simply employ force speed to evade, then a force hold, or just cut them to bits.

I get it, you aren't very bright. Your point does nothing to counter what I have said.

I said a vampire can change directions and decisions when he sees the slow mo Jedi try to swipe at him. He will evade easily.

A blaster bolt once fired, will continue on its path no matter what, it is not sentient, it does not know it will hit the light sabre, and not its intended target. Even as the saber is positioned to deflect the bolt, the bolt will still remain on its course, a vampire would not.

Force speed, yeah thats funny. When has a Jedi ever used force speed that is comparable to a vamp's speed?

Vamp will see everything a Jedi does in slow mo, from aiming his hand for a force ability, to swinging his sabre. Being aware of all the Jedi's abilities, they will evade when needed and speed behind them to rip their heads off before they can react.

Want speed? Here:

U5HfSx8BgEE

Look at how fast Yoda and Dooku are. Hot, nasty, greasy ass speed.

Only Yoda is fast here. He is more agile than fast although he is probably faster than the human Jedi's since he is CGI. Still nowhere near as a fast as a vampire, so I don't know why you bother with crap like this.

Rogue Jedi
I get it, you aren't very bright. Your point does nothing to counter what I have said. Aw, lookit you!!! No, you!!!

And the Jedi can react with their battle precog and reflexes fast enough to act. I have proven this, with this:

Which you have still not effectively countered. Not a dent, not even a scratch. Do keep trying though, it's like watching a retard trying to hump a doorknob. With you, it's all this: "Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!!"

And each time you make that claim, I'll be there to do this to you:

4_S_xFvjxmE

See what I just said, you're talking circles and embarassing yourself.

Never said it was. facepalm

Really now? Because if the Jedi knows where the vampire will be at a given moment, the lightsaber blade will be there. Get it?

This, for the hundredth time, should be enough:

Want more? K.

In AOTC, Oi Wan sensed Zam Wessell behind him a full 3-4 seconds before she fired. He even had time to take one last sip of his drink before cutting her arm off.

Yoda sensed the Clones on Kashyykk and had a full 3-4 seconds to react and decap them.

In ROTJ, Luke was on the skiff (when Han pwned Boba Fett), and was blocking blaster fire from FOUR OR FIVE GUYS ALL AT ONCE, all from a foot away. BONG. eek!

So, a Jedi will know 3-4 seconds in advance where a Twivamp will be. If the Twivamp changes their mind, the precog kicks in and informs the Jedi. If the Twivamp changes their mind again, the precog again kicks in and warns the Jedi. Eventually the Twivamp is decapped.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/PWNED_.jpg

Jedi Precog. Say it with me...Preeeeeeeeee.....Coooooooooooooog......Atta boy!!!

Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Woooooooooohoooooo!!!!!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned4.jpg

Placidity
Aw, lookit you!!! No, you!!!

And the Jedi can react with their battle precog and reflexes fast enough to act. I have proven this, with this:

Which you have still not effectively countered. Not a dent, not even a scratch. Do keep trying though, it's like watching a retard trying to hump a doorknob. With you, it's all this: "Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!!"

And each time you make that claim, I'll be there to do this to you:

4_S_xFvjxmE

See what I just said, you're talking circles and embarassing yourself.

Never said it was. facepalm

Really now? Because if the Jedi knows where the vampire will be at a given moment, the lightsaber blade will be there. Get it?

This, for the hundredth time, should be enough:

Want more? K.

In AOTC, Oi Wan sensed Zam Wessell behind him a full 3-4 seconds before she fired. He even had time to take one last sip of his drink before cutting her arm off.

Yoda sensed the Clones on Kashyykk and had a full 3-4 seconds to react and decap them.

In ROTJ, Luke was on the skiff (when Han pwned Boba Fett), and was blocking blaster fire from FOUR OR FIVE GUYS ALL AT ONCE, all from a foot away. BONG. eek!

So, a Jedi will know 3-4 seconds in advance where a Twivamp will be. If the Twivamp changes their mind, the precog kicks in and informs the Jedi. If the Twivamp changes their mind again, the precog again kicks in and warns the Jedi. Eventually the Twivamp is decapped.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/PWNED_.jpg

Jedi Precog. Say it with me...Preeeeeeeeee.....Coooooooooooooog......Atta boy!!!

Twivamps are too fast!!!! You're an idiot!!!! Woooooooooohoooooo!!!!!

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/pwned4.jpg

I accept your concession.

I explained why your Obi-Wan blaster analogy fails, you completely ignored my points. Good job.

If a Vamp can see a Jedi in slow mo, why would he run into the blade. Answer the question.

You clearly have no counter to what I've said, only saying a Jedi can strike a vampire. Nice strawman fallacy.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>