Nova Prime w/ WM vs. Ion (Yat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins here?

Slaanesh
Ion easily..he's way more powerful..

vansonbee
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Ion easily..he's way more powerful..

byrdgang21
Ion is more powerful...but he still really just fight likes a brick. Ion hasn't been shown on panel as good as he should be or has potential to be. That's why I feel Nova could get some wins.

WhiteWitchKing
Nova 6/10. Better fighter and more experienced than Yat overall. Nova fights with his head, backed by WM whereas Yat does not take advantage of the ring as he should. The Ion force is more powerful but it's not going to be enough to win against Nova.

quanchi112
Ion easily..he's way more powerful.. Based on which Ion showings?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Ion is more powerful...but he still really just fight likes a brick. Ion hasn't been shown on panel as good as he should be or has potential to be. That's why I feel Nova could get some wins.

his physical attribute outclass Nova..his energy output outclass Nova..GL energy manipulation ability is at least on par or above Nova..he is just better..WM can't do much when he's up against an opponent who outclass Nova..it'll be like Nova's fight with Surfer..WM will just say that he is outclass in every way..

quanchi112
his physical attribute outclass Nova..his energy output outclass Nova..GL energy manipulation ability is at least on par or above Nova..he is just better..WM can't do much when he's up against an opponent who outclass Nova..it'll be like Nova's fight with Surfer..WM will just say that he is outclass in every way.. Yat is no Surfer by any means. Surfer would outclass him just like he did BrB and Rider.

iceman24567
Ion probably

Slaanesh
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yat is no Surfer by any means. Surfer would outclass him just like he did BrB and Rider.

no..he will not..

iceman24567
^Don't waste your time brah

quanchi112
no..he will not.. It'd be abou tthe same as Prime beating him down. Yat has done nothing to prove he's anywhere near as powerful as you claim. Nothing.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by quanchi112
It'd be abou tthe same as Prime beating him down. Yat has done nothing to prove he's anywhere near as powerful as you claim. Nothing.

i'm gonna listen to iceman24567 and stop arguing with you..

iceman24567
thumb up

byrdgang21
his physical attribute outclass Nova..his energy output outclass Nova..GL energy manipulation ability is at least on par or above Nova..he is just better..WM can't do much when he's up against an opponent who outclass Nova..it'll be like Nova's fight with Surfer..WM will just say that he is outclass in every way..

On paper this maybe true, but not so much on panel. His showings would suggest otherwise. IMO Nova has far better use of his more exotic powers. If it was just a fist fight, I would absolutely give Yat the edge. But since its not Nova could definitely get a few off of Yat.

iceman24567
Yat doesn't have alot of appearances with the ion force though

quanchi112
i'm gonna listen to iceman24567 and stop arguing with you.. I accept your surrender.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by byrdgang21
On paper this maybe true, but not so much on panel. His showings would suggest otherwise. IMO Nova has far better use of his more exotic powers. If it was just a fist fight, I would absolutely give Yat the edge. But since its not Nova could definitely get a few off of Yat.

well..he doesn't have much appearances with Ion..so..i base my statement on implied power..Daxamite ability,GL ring and Ion entity..that is enough for me to put him above any high herald..

quanchi112
well..he doesn't have much appearances with Ion..so..i base my statement on implied power..Daxamite ability,GL ring and Ion entity..that is enough for me to put him above any high herald.. So you have no proof.

Prep-Man
Ion FTW.

WhiteWitchKing
well..he doesn't have much appearances with Ion..so..i base my statement on implied power..Daxamite ability,GL ring and Ion entity..that is enough for me to put him above any high herald..

He doesn't have that many which also could be interpreted as him lacking the necessary experience against Nova. If I were to ask for feats showing Ion being above Nova and vice versa, I'll bet you Ion would be lacking. The number of battles and feats attributed to Nova puts him at Yat's level easily. Being that they're not that far apart in powers, Nova's feats should can't more than Ion's implied powers.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
He doesn't have that many which also could be interpreted as him lacking the necessary experience against Nova. If I were to ask for feats showing Ion being above Nova and vice versa, I'll bet you Ion would be lacking. The number of battles and feats attributed to Nova puts him at Yat's level easily. Being that they're not that far apart in powers, Nova's feats should can't more than Ion's implied powers.

i don't use showing only..i use both showing and implied power..but when someone lack showing..i use implied power..and Yat implied power makes him outclass Nova..same with Fallen One..he has no feat whatsoever..but if u put him against Nova..i would give him an easy win because of his implied power..

WhiteWitchKing
i don't use showing only..i use both showing and implied power..but when someone lack showing..i use implied power..and Yat implied power makes him outclass Nova..same with Fallen One..he has no feat whatsoever..but if u put him against Nova..i would give him an easy win because of his implied power..

Difference between Ion and Fallen is that Fallen has had millenniums to use his powers. Yat is inexperience with as a GL and as Ion. Nova's also battled through 3 wars and numerous foes. Yat's implied power means little when he's had little experience with it. That's the reason why Nova would beat him down. If this were Kyle, he own Nova.

Slaanesh
Difference between Ion and Fallen is that Fallen has had millenniums to use his powers. Yat is inexperience with as a GL and as Ion. Nova's also battled through 3 wars and numerous foes. Yat's implied power means little when he's had little experience with it. That's the reason why Nova would beat him down. If this were Kyle, he own Nova.

the Guardian wanted him to be the host for Ion..he must have got special training before receiving Ion..he's a skilled GL..he can just use Ion to enhance all his other attribute..a GL power alone can match Nova..u seriously think a skillful GL Daxamite with all his attribute got further enhance by Ion can't match Nova??

cdtm
the Guardian wanted him to be the host for Ion..he must have got special training before receiving Ion..he's a skilled GL..he can just use Ion to enhance all his other attribute..a GL power alone can match Nova..u seriously think a skillful GL Daxamite with all his attribute got further enhance by Ion can't match Nova??

There's nothing to support special training. It looked like they simply gave Yat the Ion entity on a whim, or at least never informed Yat of their decision beforehand, and Yat himself claimed there was a steep learning curve he was having trouble negotiating.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by cdtm
There's nothing to support special training. It looked like they simply gave Yat the Ion entity on a whim, or at least never informed Yat of their decision beforehand, and Yat himself claimed there was a steep learning curve he was having trouble negotiating.

the Guardian has intended for him to be the host..they themselves said that..they just had to give it to him earlier than they intended because of the war..Yat didn't know that..even if he doesn't have any special training..saying Yat isn't a skillful GL is wrong..Arisia says that even though Yat is a rookie..he is as good as most veteran lantern..

cdtm
the Guardian has intended for him to be the host..they themselves said that..they just had to give it to him earlier than they intended because of the war..Yat didn't know that..even if he doesn't have any special training..saying Yat isn't a skillful GL is wrong..Arisia says that even though Yat is a rookie..he is as good as most veteran lantern..

Sure, but there's a lot of vets who aren't top tier.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by cdtm
Sure, but there's a lot of vets who aren't top tier.

that's not my point..i'm saying he has skill..he's not just any rookie..and if u couple that skill with his Daxamite ability..he's an invulnerable GL..he tank AM blast twice..and in a moment..he was ready for more..and that was when his Daxamite ability was just developing..now..on top of all that ability..he was enhance further by Ion..now he got an infinite source of willpower..he even tank Prime HV which pierce Supes easily..so tell me..u seriously believe Yat can't take Nova with all that power??

celeyhyga17
Prolly Yat. on paper he should by all means dominate even though he hasn't shown a whole lot of @$$ kickin like Nova.

WhiteWitchKing
that's not my point..i'm saying he has skill..he's not just any rookie..and if u couple that skill with his Daxamite ability..he's an invulnerable GL..he tank AM blast twice..and in a moment..he was ready for more..and that was when his Daxamite ability was just developing..now..on top of all that ability..he was enhance further by Ion..now he got an infinite source of willpower..he even tank Prime HV which pierce Supes easily..so tell me..u seriously believe Yat can't take Nova with all that power??

Nope. The guardians are among the worse councils in the either universe. Their dumb beyond believe. Them giving Yat the Ion force was as desperate act. Yat never had the training. He has a couple of impressive feat under his belt but the more skilled fighter is Nova. He shielded off Galactus' attack which wiped out 3 solar systems and the majority of the Annihilation Wave and went on to kill Annihilus. He held off a full grown Technarchy and a Sphinx with two Ka Stones. Since when does Yat have infinite will to wield the Ion force?

He's not beating Nova because Nova is a much smarter and skilled fighter. He beat Xenith by exploiting her psionic weakness, bypassed Annihilus' armor by ripping it's inside out, and outfought a Sphinx that was rewriting the laws of the universe by stargating him into the regular universe to Sphinx's completion. Yat got his face knocked in by Prime. What did Yat do that's even that puts him on terms of Nova's skills? Yat might be more durable but Nova's going to win him by outwitting him and exploiting Yat's inexperience.

Prep-Man
Ion's had a couple good showings. His showing with Nero shows that he's getting used to his powers. And losing to Prime isn't bad. Nova would probably lose just as bad.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Ion's had a couple good showings. His showing with Nero shows that he's getting used to his powers. And losing to Prime isn't bad. Nova would probably lose just as bad. The point is he hasn't done enough or really anything to prove he's this uberly powerful character no matter how badly slaneesh wants him to be.

Slaanesh
Nope. The guardians are among the worse councils in the either universe. Their dumb beyond believe. Them giving Yat the Ion force was as desperate act. Yat never had the training. He has a couple of impressive feat under his belt but the more skilled fighter is Nova. He shielded off Galactus' attack which wiped out 3 solar systems and the majority of the Annihilation Wave and went on to kill Annihilus. He held off a full grown Technarchy and a Sphinx with two Ka Stones. Since when does Yat have infinite will to wield the Ion force?

He's not beating Nova because Nova is a much smarter and skilled fighter. He beat Xenith by exploiting her psionic weakness, bypassed Annihilus' armor by ripping it's inside out, and outfought a Sphinx that was rewriting the laws of the universe by stargating him into the regular universe to Sphinx's completion. Yat got his face knocked in by Prime. What did Yat do that's even that puts him on terms of Nova's skills? Yat might be more durable but Nova's going to win him by outwitting him and exploiting Yat's inexperience.

no..they wanted to give it to Yat..Yat is their candidate..but because of the SC War..they have no choice but to give it to him earlier than they had planed..that was state on panel..i didn't say he had infinite will..i said willpower..as in Oan energy..Ion had infinite amount of that energy..

none of that feat can be use against Yat..so what's your point??how is he going to beat Yat..aside from BFR..

WhiteWitchKing
no..they wanted to give it to Yat..Yat is their candidate..but because of the SC War..they have no choice but to give it to him earlier than they had planed..that was state on panel..i didn't say he had infinite will..i said willpower..as in Oan energy..Ion had infinite amount of that energy..

none of that feat can be use against Yat..so what's your point??how is he going to beat Yat..aside from BFR..

They wanted him when he's more experienced. They gave it to him now under desperation. He's not experienced. What's he going to do to Nova? He's go nothing that Nova can't stand up to. Yat got his butt kicked by Prime and some how that means Nova can't beat Yat?

Slaanesh
They wanted him when he's more experienced. They gave it to him now under desperation. He's not experienced. What's he going to do to Nova? He's go nothing that Nova can't stand up to. Yat got his butt kicked by Prime and some how that means Nova can't beat Yat?

i don't care if he's not experience..Ion multiplied his power..that's all that matter..he was doing fine against Prime until he got lead poisoning..only than did he got his butt kick..u wanna use someone weakness to prove he's not that powerful now??

Yat can force Nova to fight a close quarter combat which will be a stomp cuz Nova is nowhere near as strong or durable as he is..Nova shield not gonna last forever..if they decide to use energy blast..Yat can tank Nova energy output..if he can tank AM and Prime..he can tank Nova..so..how's Nova gonna beat Yat??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.