Sersi vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Konton
kill/ko

CIS off

batdude123
J'onn.

guy222
sersi

Prep-Man
Overall, I say MM.

Konton
IMO Sersi should win because she can do everything he can do +outward matter manipulation.

cdtm
How powerful is Sersi's telepathy and defenses?

And from what I know of the character, MM should have the speed and strength edge.. Even if Sersi used the old adamantium box trick, he could probably phase shift out of it..

However, we know MM's brain gets affected from shapeshifts, so if she managed to transmute him into something that wasn't intelligent enough to transmute back...

Prep-Man
Can Sersi manipulate someone who is intangible? Someone who exists in another dimension entirely?

"Id"
Originally posted by cdtm
How powerful is Sersi's telepathy and defenses?

Enough to stand up to Blood Ties Exodus.

Konton
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Can Sersi manipulate someone who is intangible? Someone who exists in another dimension entirely?

Depends on the method of reaching intangibility. For instance, Sersi should have no problems ripping apart someone like Shadowcat, a character who pushes through matter while still retaining physical form.

As for the other dimension thing, Sersi has ripped open dimensional portholes while her own energy was feeding back on her. Not sure if she could reach Jonn without having to do that and I'll concede that it strains her. Conversely, she can phase too.

Her psionic prowess is expansive. She effortlessly scanned the minds of everyone on earth, stalemated BT Exodus right after opening a dimensional porthole, and has mind controlled the likes of Thor and fellow Avengers.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Well, he's phased through the all mighty heat vision... wink

cdtm
Originally posted by Konton

Her psionic prowess is expansive. She effortlessly scanned the minds of everyone on earth, stalemated BT Exodus right after opening a dimensional porthole, and has mind controlled the likes of Thor and fellow Avengers.

So J'onn isn't mind screwing her, and vice versa as he has comparable feats.

It comes down to whether she can affect his phased form, or whether he can simply beat her down.

Warlord
Good fight...even split

Konton
Sersi has been KOd by blunt trauma in the past, so it's possible.

She has intangibility of her own though and her shields have halted universe shattering blasts. I'm not being hyperbolic, either. The entire universe was destroyed and the only thing to survive was the area she was shielding.

lightyeargee
Split

The Nuul
Umm.... I dunno. Sersi 5.5 or MM 5.5

cdtm
I'm not being hyperbolic, either. The entire universe was destroyed and the only thing to survive was the area she was shielding.

Sounds like her shields crap all over most characters, like Sue Richards, Magneto, or Quasar...

the Darkone
sersi

lightyeargee
Sersi has been KOd by blunt trauma in the past, so it's possible.

She has intangibility of her own though and her shields have halted universe shattering blasts. I'm not being hyperbolic, either. The entire universe was destroyed and the only thing to survive was the area she was shielding. She didn't shield a universe destroying blast. She shielded the area where she was and kept the energy in that area from achieving it's destructive goal. In order to have shield universe destroying energies, she would have had to been at the epicenter of said blast and stopped the destruction or shielded it from releasing.

Konton
You're arguing against a point I did not make.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.