Scientists find Extraterrestrial genes in Human DNA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Mindship
Celestials. Eh. Who knew.

Parmaniac

Mindset

Symmetric Chaos
It's almost as if The Canadian wasn't a valid academic source and that Sam Chang is a completely made up individual. But that would be some sort of insane conspiracy theory I'm sure.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's almost as if The Canadian wasn't a valid academic source and that Sam Chang is a completely made up individual. But that would be some sort of insane conspiracy theory I'm sure.

Are you saying its totaly made up crap?

Well I thought it was a bit dubious, especialy if you read the whole article it tends to sound like some cult.

But the title "The Canadian" gave it a serious tone.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bicnarok
But the title "The Canadian" gave it a serious tone.

Yeah, I was thinking of James Howlett when I saw "The Canadian."

jaden101

There's certainly no Professor Sam Chang working for the Human Genome Project anyway.

I also couldn't find any published scientific papers with the name either.

Robtard
This article mentions Prof. Sam Chang and the article, both seem to be dismissed as a fabrication.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_adn07.htm

Though I didn't look into that article/page deeply, it could be shit too.

Symmetric Chaos

Blatantly. Anything in the last 5-10 years that talks about the mysterious 97% of our genome is a joke, non-coding DNA is a well researched topic (as in, we've found that it actually does stuff, just different stuff than we thought). It's still imperfectly understood, as so many things are, but there's not really any room left for hidden superpowers or aliens.

Few serious scientists (and almost no geneticists) use the phrase "junk DNA" anymore since it's factually known to be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk_DNA

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yeah, I was thinking of James Howlett when I saw "The Canadian." Funny. I thought of William "I am Kirrrock!" Shatner.

lil bitchiness
Everyone knows we were genetically engineered by the Anunnaki. ''Prof. Sam Chang'' over there, seems to agree.

jinXed by JaNx
Im with Bicnarok. How do they know their extraterrestrial if they don't have an actual extraterrestrial to compare the gene with?

Mindship
Arsenic DNA

http://www.ironlisa.com/NewScientist_Arsenic.pdf

Omgu8mynewt
^^^Makes sense, it seems very possible if it was everywhere and forms the same covalent bonds as phospherous.

Seems to be only an idea though

Symmetric Chaos
Exactly what very early life was like is always going to be in the hypothetical stages unless you have a time machine.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Exactly what very early life was like is always going to be in the hypothetical stages unless you have a time machine.

People do:

(Posted on Craigslist wanted adds)

Wanted pre 1965 paper money for time travel
Date: 2007-11-05, 3:36PM PST

i have come into the possession of my great grandfathers life work, among being a decorated aeronautical engineer it would appear he dabbled in the lesser accepted sciences. i have almost finished building his masterpiece a 1952 nash rambler time machine. unfortunately my grandfather didn't live long enough to find an energy source with high enough density to fuel his machine, but i believe i have the problem solved.

serious offers only, i would like to exchange paper money for paper money printed before 1965 (for OBVIOUS reasons!). i will pay 5% of the total currency exchanged, unfortunately i cannot offer transfers of coinage as i am already pushing the weight limit as it is!

please no solicitations on changing the future as any changing would only happen in an alternate future reality and be a waste of yours and my time.

§P0oONY
If the idiot really believes he can travel in time... Why does he not just buy gold?

1. It's easier to buy than 1965 money.

2. If you don't manage to time travel (which he won't) then you lose nothing.

Darth Jello
Overboard viral marketing for the third X-Files movie?

Lord Lucien
Take a look at "The Canadian" homepage. All their articles are of plentiful prodigious proportions.

Bicnarok

Wild Shadow
i dont know.. i seen my dog and ferret stop wha they were doing and ponder on what else was going on.. plus monkey's also do that as well..

either way.. we were not the only ones look at all the pre modern humans that walked the earth b4 they were killed off..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.