Thrawn vs the GA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pwned
Thrawn has the force he invaded the New Republic with and the Katana fleet, as well as the Mount Tantiss cloning facility
Joruus C'baothis also assisting him

The GA has the fleet they have as of LOTF

Either side may fight however they wish, but nobody (the Noghri in particular)will turn on anybody except for Jacen and the GAG
(though the only way he will is if the entire GA has pretty much been defeated)
The Noghri are still working for the Empire

C'baoth isnot obssessed with getting any jedi he isonly assisting Thrawn

Delta Source is online as of the start

ares834
The GA. Thrawn's good but in the end he was facing a far smaller force with less sophisticated tech. Not to mention he never had to tangle with Luke who was preocupied with stopping Joruus's mad grab for power, let alone an entire Jedi order.

Hewhoknowsall
I wouldn't be surprised if the Jedi allied with Thrawn temporarily to take down Caedus. The Imperial Remnant and Confederation will likely side with Thrawn. The GA would be screwed, especially considering Thrawn being a military genius in terms of strategy and tactics.

truejedi
Yeah, the Jedi aren't part of the GA in LOTF.

RE: Blaxican
Thrawn has the entire Katana fleet and his regular Imperial fleet?

Hm... dunno. Thrawn's good. I have no idea how strong the GA was, though. I know they struggled against the Vong whereas the Vong were scared shitless of the GA, but that's it.

Luke's a non factor even if he was involved. The man is an idiot. Only thing he can command effectively is a fighter squadron and even then I don't favor a non-skywalker's life expectancy.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi
Yeah, the Jedi aren't part of the GA in LOTF.
Damn your right....
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Luke's a non factor even if he was involved. The man is an idiot. Only thing he can command effectively is a fighter squadron and even then I don't favor a non-skywalker's life expectancy.
I don't think he's a non-factor when he can almsot single handedly bring down a Star Destroyer...

Lord Lucien
Don't the GA know about Thrawn now? They've had 30-odd years of military academics studying the tactics of the greatest strategist they'd ever known. Plus superior tech. Plus chronological advantage (Thrawn's got three decades of catch-up to play). Plus a (comparatively) united front. No splinter faction Empire and fledgling Republic.

He's good, but damn.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Don't the GA know about Thrawn now? They've had 30-odd years of military academics studying the tactics of the greatest strategist they'd ever known. Plus superior tech. Plus chronological advantage (Thrawn's got three decades of catch-up to play). Plus a (comparatively) united front. No splinter faction Empire and fledgling Republic.

He's good, but damn.

The Jedi Coalition probably sides with Thrawn
The Confederation sides with Thrawn
The Imperial Remnant sides with Thrawn
The Alliance in Exile probably sides with Thrawn

Gideon
lul caedus solos he cloaks himself and assassinates thrawn cuz a puny noghri did it b4 so he culd definately do it so ga wins

SWFan4Life
Originally posted by Gideon
lul caedus solos he cloaks himself and assassinates thrawn cuz a puny noghri did it b4 so he culd definately do it so ga wins

Spoilsport stick out tongue

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Gideon

This is ridiculous. You consistently insult me, attempting to mock and imitate me, however, you fail at that because I don't act like you seem to and you know it. I stated that LUKE AND THE JEDI WOULD LIKELY JOIN THRAWN!!!! Considering him and Caedus, Thrawn is the lesser of two evils. Maybe they'll strike a deal with Thrawn in which if Thrawn wins he becomes Chief of State of the GA, but the GA stays as the GA and not a Galactic Empire.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SWFan4Life
Spoilsport stick out tongue No no, he's... got a point.

Gideon
LL
No no, he's... got a point.

I would be dishonest if I didn't admit that 90% of my post was to mock an incompetent user, but there is a small nugget of truth to my words. Grand Admiral Thrawn micromanaged his campaign against the New Republic and was present during the major engagements; he will be the primary target during military conflicts and he was assassinated by a well-placed bodyguard.

I'm not sure if this would happen here, since there's a "no betrayal" rule (WTF), but I guess you can circumvent that by saying Thrawn's potential assassin would be loyal to the Galactic Alliance the entire time....

Anywho, joking aside, Thrawn isn't some walking deus ex machina who is capable of shifting the tide of a war unless he is properly equipped. Zahn lampshaded this in the Hand of Thrawn trilogy where members of the New Republic Senate successfully rebutted the fears of their more paranoid members; Thrawn increased the size of the Empire during his command but he wasn't a stone's throw away from topping the New Republic (he was beating them, but it's not like he was a moment's away from absolute success) and the Galactic Alliance is likely more militarized and organized than the fledgling New Republic and carries moar capable strategists.

That said, the Remnant would definitely join Thrawn, enhancing his forces dramatically. The Jedi would probably not, since they refused to join the Confederation, and Thrawn would likely turn his attention to them if he succeeded. It would be close, but Thrawn could pull it off.

But I can also see him losing this one, too.

Pwned
I put in the no betrayal rule because if it was there Rukh would stab him again......

Dont forget the Mount Tantiss Spaarti Cylinders and Luuke and C'baoth

MasterAshenVor
Thrawn wins but not a curb stomp by any means.

Lord Lucien
At which stage of Thrawn's invasion are we counting? He only had several Star Destroyers when he began. The Rebel Fleet at Endor lasted against 30+

Now there's an entire fleet spanning systems hardened from a war with the Vong. And 100(ish) Jedi including some of the most powerful and talented ever seen.

He won't win.

Pwned
Ok then give him the Star Forge minus the insane power boost C'baoth would get only the fleet and droid manufacturing

truejedi
At which stage of Thrawn's invasion are we counting? He only had several Star Destroyers when he began. The Rebel Fleet at Endor lasted against 30+

Now there's an entire fleet spanning systems hardened from a war with the Vong. And 100(ish) Jedi including some of the most powerful and talented ever seen.

He won't win.

Jedi aren't with the GA.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Pwned
Ok then give him the Star Forge minus the insane power boost C'baoth would get only the fleet and droid manufacturing Star Forge without the many thousands needed to crew its ships would leave only a droid brain. Han Solo once noted the lack innovation and initiative of a droid controlled Star Destroyer. He took one out with the Millennium Falcon's quad guns.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
Jedi aren't with the GA. That's good, it'll be easier for Thrawn now.

Originally posted by ares834
I don't think he's a non-factor when he can almsot single handedly bring down a Star Destroyer...

Which apparently isn't that difficult considering you can bring down the mack daddy of star destroyers by flying into it.

Pwned
Star Forge without the many thousands needed to crew its ships would leave only a droid brain. Han Solo once noted the lack innovation and initiative of a droid controlled Star Destroyer. He took one out with the Millennium Falcon's quad guns. Spaarti cloning cylinders would provide troops

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Pwned
Spaarti cloning cylinders would provide troops "While the amount of clone stormtroopers, from all genetic sources and not just the Fett template, was far greater than the GAR, clone soldiers bred for the Galactic Empire generally exhibited poor marksmanship and lacking in tactics: strategy basically involved charging towards the enemy, weapons blasting until all targets were neutralized - regardless of clone casualties. They were even known to refuse to follow orders and fire on their own allies because of the clone madness. As a result, the Empire eventually abandoned the technology and pursued the process of recruiting troopers in more traditional ways."

Thrawn required Ysalamiri to neutralize the Force that would prevent clone madness. Being that the OP makes no mention of the little lizards...

"Grand Admiral Thrawn discovered thousands of cylinders in the Emperor's secret storehouse in Mount Tantiss on Wayland and used them to create an army of clones to man his Dreadnaught fleet."

The Katana Fleet style of Dreadnaughts require about 2,200 crew. And as the OP states that fleet is here, I take it the ships are being manned by Spaarti clones, just like in the novels. That leaves... not a lot left over, if any at all. Considering how, of the 178 ships Thrawn captured of the Fleet, they'd require over 300,000 crew members.

I have come to a conclusion.

I love all of you.

Lord Lucien
Welubv you too, sweetie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.