War vs Kain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Both at full power.
All weapons and gadgets.
The 7th seal has been broken.

ScreamPaste
Kain gets raaaaept.

Why would you even do this? no expression

ares834
War...

LLLLLink
War bricks all over Kain. And doesn't wipe. no expression

Heythere,Honey
What they said.

Burning thought
Joke thread? Unless War gets some amazing powers after beating the final boss or after the large carrion wyrm boss (as far as I got before taking it back from rental) then hes just a far weaker version of Kratos with a few nifty powers. His speed is slow, his strength is tiny, Kain would use the same tactics as he would on Kratos only he has far more freedom and can likely use melee on War as Wars strength feats afahs peak at pushing around train cars while enhanced with those blue gauntlets.

NemeBro
I am going to be honest.

I am not impressed with War thus far. no expression

I am not very far in Darksiders yet, but unless he gets absurdly more powerful as the game goes on, Kain wins this.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Burning thought
Joke thread? Unless War gets some amazing powers after beating the final boss or after the large carrion wyrm boss (as far as I got before taking it back from rental) then hes just a far weaker version of Kratos with a few nifty powers. His speed is slow, his strength is tiny, Kain would use the same tactics as he would on Kratos only he has far more freedom and can likely use melee on War as Wars strength feats afahs peak at pushing around train cars while enhanced with those blue gauntlets.

Throwing a car to a distance longer than a city block, ripping off the wings of large demon, and lifting a hammer heavier than a truck, and punching a train car across the room aren't what I would call tiny strength feats.

War does have Abyssal Armor which causes him to regenerate slowly as he fights. It works well with the Armageddon Blade which drains health from the enemy.

Burning thought
A train car on its own, using a specific item at that is not all that impressive. Their tiny in comparison to other strength related characters. Hes got no trump cards at his dispoal, no super speed, no time powers (without those chronospheres or w/e their called nearby) and not much more beyond smashing things at close range. His only speed advantage is perhaps Ruin.

iirc both of them drain health, but thats only useful if you strike, its not a major power that will keep him in any advantage.

Phanteros
War isn't that impressive. but keep in mind he's powered down all the way in the game.

ScreamPaste
Doesn't Chaos form kinda cover him in a stone armour Kain can't get through? no expression

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Doesn't Chaos form kinda cover him in a stone armour Kain can't get through? no expression Yeah but it makes war slow.

NemeBro
Doesn't Chaos form kinda cover him in a stone armour Kain can't get through? no expression Not seen any durability feats of Chaos Form yet. no expression

Demonic Phoenix
Doesn't Chaos form kinda cover him in a stone armour Kain can't get through? no expression

That's Stone-Skin. Chaos Form is his true power/form, and it's permanent when he's at full power.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Phanteros
Yeah but it makes war slow.

You sure? Everytime I used it, War still moves at the same speed.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Estacado

The 7th seal has been broken.

This means what exactly?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
You sure? Everytime I used it, War still moves at the same speed.

Stone-skin, not Chaos Form. Chaos form doesn't cover him in a stone armour. Scream was misinformed. stick out tongue

LLLLLink
Originally posted by The Scenario
This means what exactly?

Perhaps it is alluding to War before he was drained? Or what he would have been like if he had come at the right time?

KingD19
Chaos Form War is literally invulnerable to everything.

The 7th Seal being broken signifies that it's time for the final battle between good and evil...and man has advanced to the point that whichever side they choose will more than likely win.

Burning thought
Originally posted by KingD19
Chaos Form War is literally invulnerable to everything.

So is repel shield, only better yet Repel reflects magical effects on Kains enemies. Another couple of things they both have in common is their featless canonically and claiming either one is "invulnerable to everything" would be a no limit fallacy.

BloodRain
Leaning towards Kain for not knowing if War am get around his tricky magic, unless Chaos form is hiding something great.

Burning thought
afaik Chaos form is just an overhyped version of any ability that allows a gameplay character to become invulnerable for a short time. Only this one is indeed featless from what I have played (although I did not finish the game).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.