Cross Genre Nominations #6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

Characters that are restricted:
Master Chief-until 7th thread
Deathstroke-until 7th thread

Ize19
I nominate Wolverine vs. Dr. Jackal.

Bentley
Edward Elric vs Venom. smile

jalek moye
Who is dr jackal?

MooCowofJustice
MewTwo vs Magneto, gogogogogogo. I'm pretty sure Magneto is immune to mental attacks because of his helmet. And both of these characters are very powerful.

Put it in a city so both have stuff they can TK.

ScreamPaste
I'll nod MewTwo v.s. Magneto.

Omega Vision
I'll nod Mewtwo vs Mags as well.

Black bolt z
Avengers vs. Jedi order?

Bentley
Geez, someone nod mine erm

Which Jedi? Which Avengers rooster?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Avengers vs. Jedi order?
List the Avengers roster. Also which Jedi Order?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
List the Avengers roster. Also which Jedi Order? Yoda
Mace windu
Kit fisto
Seasal tin
Ki-ada-mundi
Obi-wan-kenobe

vs.

Iron man
Wasp
Giant man
Black panther
Mabye hulk
I kind want did add thor because I know people would say it is overkill

Sorry for any miss-spellings and if it is stacked we can make a new one.

Bentley
Dude, Yoda would solo that rooster.

marwash22
Bat Family vs. 25 Thousand Dark Seekers (from 'I Am Legend')

Bruce (Batman)
Grayson (current, but as Nightwing)
Damien (Robin)
Drake (Red Robin)
Todd (Hood)
Cass (batgirl)
Helena (Huntress)
Shiva (gets gear similar to Cass)

-the Bat-fam gets standard gear.
-they arrive 30 minutes before sundown.
-fight takes place in an abandoned NYC.
-the Dark Seekers are not all in one place.

Bat family has basic knowledge of the Dark Seekers. They don't have to kill all of the Dark Seekers, just survive until dawn and they cannot barricade themselves. Anything else goes.

marwash22
Originally posted by Bentley
Dude, Yoda would solo that rooster. How's Yoda gonna solo Hulk? Or Iron Man?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22
Bat Family vs. 25 Thousand Dark Seekers (from 'I Am Legend')

Bruce (Batman)
Grayson (current, but as Nightwing)
Damien (Robin)
Drake (Red Robin)
Cass (batgirl)
Helena (Huntress)
Shiva (gets gear similar to Cass)

-the Bat-fam gets standard gear.
-they arrive 30 minutes before sundown.
-fight takes place in an abandoned NYC.
-the Dark Seekers are not all in one place.

Bat family has basic knowledge of the Dark Seekers and only need to survive until sundown. They don't have to kill all of the Dark Seekers, just survive until dawn and they cannot barricade themselves. Anything else goes.
They can just ascend a tall building and camp out on the top until morning.

Wei Phoenix
Giving a nod to Bentley.

marwash22
The Dark seekers would be aware of their presence and they can't barricade themselves, so they'd still have to fight... those things can scale buildings.

illadelph12
Neo (The Matrix) Vs. Gamora

Black bolt z
Originally posted by illadelph12
Neo (The Matrix) Vs. Gamora Neo is only good if they fight in the matrix.And in the matrix he can bend the rules of reality.But if you take away the rule bending I think it would be a good fight.

illadelph12
I'll just make it h2h.

marwash22
Delph said in the reference thread that Freddy's powers would translate over to a forum fight, even if it didn't take place in the dream world, so Neo's powers should cary over as well... but yeah, take away Neo's body exploding and stuff like that and i'll give that a nod.

illadelph12
Yeah, it's pure h2h.

All powers at play Neo is a different beast altogether.

*edit

And yes to the above as well. That was my original intention when I created the equality rule when I was a Mod. It originally had Neo and Goku referenced in the body of it along with the Flash/Speedforce explanation, but was edited out when the forum reverted back to comics only and I was demodded.

All characters powers work on their opponents as they are depicted in their native universes/mediums regardless of battle locale.

McNasty996
I'll nod edward elric vs venom

Lord_Talron
Edward Elric vs Venom. smile nodded for two nods

Lord_Talron
neo (matrix) vs molecule man

they fight in a melded 616 matrix world

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
neo (matrix) vs molecule man

they fight in a melded 616 matrix world Neo doesn't have powers to win.MM is too far above him.

But i'll nod the neo vs. gamora if I haven't already

marwash22
Seraph and Morpheus (from 'The Matrix')

vs.

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

-SS and SE get standard gear, minus guns.
-Morpheus and Seraph both get one katana each
-Fight takes place on the freeway where the twins tried to kill Morpheus. (no cars)

psycho gundam
buu vs superman

marwash22
Originally posted by psycho gundam
buu vs superman sneer

Black bolt z
buu vs superman Buu wins.Nothing supes can do to put him down.

Etna
Edward Elric vs Venom. smile

I could of sworn I Nodded for this last time. Or maybe i thought I did

But i nod. ^^ I like those two, and it sounds interesting

jalek moye
This manga Ed or anime ed?

jalek moye
also is venom Brock or Gargan?

Black bolt z
Niko bellic(fully armed) vs. Nick fury

psycho gundam
wolverine vs section-9

marwash22
wolverine vs section-9 section 9?

psycho gundam
http://i29.tinypic.com/i6zhhi.jpg

marwash22
Oh, i should have gotten that.

amnesia
sub-zero and scorpion vs cyclops and nightcrawler

Bentley
Originally posted by jalek moye
This manga Ed or anime ed?

Manga Ed, better transmutation.

XanatosForever
I'd like to note that the following suggestion had actually received multiple nods in nominations #5. That being said, I'll re-suggest it.

Tetsuo Shima from the manga series Akira versus Charles Xavier of the X-Men

The starting ground is Central Park in New York City, New York. Both combatants have basic knowledge of each other (ie, they're both psychic). Given the global potential of both characters, I feel BFR would be somewhat useless and so it won't be in effect. PIS is off, naturally.

I believe that is how I proposed the scenario last time. I'll be modifying it as time goes on for optimum debate potential.

The Nuul
Movie Predator vs Black Panther.

Fight in a jungle.

Lord_Talron
Manga Ed, better transmutation. mad i have the series but ive only read one of the mangas, no fair!

Lord_Talron
jughead (archie) vs goku: eating contest

The Nuul
A race between Initial D and Tony Stark.

ScreamPaste
jughead (archie) vs goku: eating contest YES. Nodded.

Lord_Talron
^you heard the man!

The Nuul
Avatar the Last Air Bender vs Storm.

Omega Vision
How about Aang vs Crystal of the Inhumans?

jalek moye
Manga Ed, better transmutation.

and brock venom or gargan venom?

Etna
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'd like to note that the following suggestion had actually received multiple nods in nominations #5. That being said, I'll re-suggest it.

Tetsuo Shima from the manga series Akira versus Charles Xavier of the X-Men

The starting ground is Central Park in New York City, New York. Both combatants have basic knowledge of each other (ie, they're both psychic). Given the global potential of both characters, I feel BFR would be somewhat useless and so it won't be in effect. PIS is off, naturally.

I think i was the only one who gave this a nod

But ill nod again sad

Ize19
Originally posted by jalek moye
Who is dr jackal?

From GetBackers. This guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDiwG-xoYdc&feature=related

Here he is in the manga:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/204/getbackersv02p132.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3759/getbackersv02p133.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7985/getbackersv02p134135.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9616/getbackersv02p136.jpg

And that's just the early stuff. Basically, he's insanely fast, with incredible durability, he's a genius who can incorporate any move he sees into his fighting style, carries nearly 200 knives in his body, and he's psychotic.

His heart has literally stopped beating before, and he lay dead on the ground for some minutes, before he just stood back up, saying "I've never been able to imagine my own death, therefore, I cannot die." So yeah... him versus Wolverine, would make for a CRAZY battle!

Ize19
Double post. Sorry.

Lord_Talron
How about Aang vs Crystal of the Inhumans? ill nod this. i think storm doesnt have the correct amount of micro-management to keep aang from directly countering everything she throws at him

marwash22
How about Aang vs Crystal of the Inhumans? nod. shifty

marwash22
Soifon (from 'Bleach') vs. Juggernaut shifty

amnesia
lol, juggernaut would win.

marwash22
Originally posted by amnesia
lol, juggernaut would win. http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/6/9/5/orly.png

nod it then.

amnesia
No, swords can't penetrate juggernaut. The end

marwash22
No, swords can't penetrate juggernaut. The end nod it. evil face

amnesia
ok...nod, I'm curious now.

The Nuul
No, swords can't penetrate juggernaut. The end

Shatterstar did.

amnesia
Originally posted by The Nuul
Shatterstar did.

Yes, but it was magic and he instant regenerated.

psycho gundam
nod. shifty that's the spirit

Black bolt z
Has samus arron vs. extremis iron man been put up yet?

The Scenario
Samus Aran, and no, it wasn't re-nominated.

xmarksthespot
Meh. Are you assuming that if Soifon stings Juggernaut twice in the same spot he'll die or something?

Someone match Motoko Kusanagi with someone for me, 'cause I'm lazy.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Someone match Motoko Kusanagi with someone for me, 'cause I'm lazy. YES!!!!

marwash22
Meh. Are you assuming that if Soifon stings Juggernaut twice in the same spot he'll die or something? pretty much.

xmarksthespot
YES!!!! I'm thinking a creme de la creme street-leveller say a Captain America type, or a low meta.
pretty much. Personally don't see it working. And the thread would just become a long argument over whether reiatsu-based special powers can override magical based protection, which is just a mess waiting to happen.

marwash22
Personally don't see it working. And the thread would just become a long argument over whether reiatsu-based special powers can override magical based protection, which is just a mess waiting to happen. You're probably correct. It would just be one long ass circle jerk of opinions with people disregarding character facts.

Black bolt z
Void vs. Fat buu?

marwash22
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Void vs. Fat buu? 3zNjQecyjE8

Omega Vision
Nominate Shao Khan vs Hulk

Now where do we stand on threads with nods?

Lord_Talron
um i think the edward elric one got multiple nods, at least twice, i think aang vs crystal got one at least

Lord_Talron
oliver warbucks (annie the musical) vs kingpin

kingpin is using his influence to pass a federal law. warbucks decides that hes going to stop that law from being passed

-warbucks influence would translate to the modern world

warbucks was a billionaire during the depression who had so much money and influence that he bought the mona lisa to only decide that he didnt like it, had favors he could call in to almost any influential person from Rockefeller to having president roosevelt pull an all-nighter with him JUST to find out if a couple who claimed annie was their kid were for real or not.

to put his money in perspective, for every billion dollars he had in 1936:

XanatosForever
BRING IT ON, BABY! I'M DADDY ****ING WARBUCKS!

I say we use the musical, but have Warbucks played by Patrick Stewart, because that would be win. stick out tongue

Also, I nod Warbucks v. Kingpin

Lord_Talron
YES!!!!

Wei Phoenix
Kingpin punches his head off or gets someone to kill him and then takes the little money he had and adds it to his bank.

XanatosForever
Buzzkill estahuh

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Kingpin punches his head off or gets someone to kill him and then takes the little money he had and adds it to his bank.
Its not a fight. Also killing Warbucks might make him a martyr of sorts and only serve to strengthen his cause.

That said I think Kingpin is outclassed in terms of resources but makes up for it in ruthlessness and cunning.

Its an interesting thread idea but I can't see it generating very lively discussion.

marwash22
Kingpin is outclassed in terms of resources? What about the legions of goons he has?

Omega Vision
Kingpin is outclassed in terms of resources? What about the legions of goons he has?
You must understand that Warbucks made Rockefeller look merely "well off" by comparison. He also had immense political clout and since I think the thread idea is to project him into the present (with his connections and resources updated to suit the times, IE he's good friends with Obama instead of Roosevelt) he'd be incredibly powerful.

If he were real and alive today he could bail out GM with money he finds in the pockets of his spare suit.

marwash22
yeah, ok...

Money and influence won't keep Bricks from pummeling you. Unless you propose Warbucks would use his money and influence to turn all of Fisk's men.

Parmaniac
to put his money in perspective, for every billion dollars he had in 1936: From where did you get that number?

amnesia
Shao Kahn and hulk versus Raiden and Thor

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Kingpin punches his head off or gets someone to kill him and then takes the little money he had and adds it to his bank. warbucks pays the assassin 4x as much to kill kingpin

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Parmaniac
From where did you get that number? http://www.westegg.com/inflation/infl.cgi

Parmaniac
Ah cool, thanks

Lord_Talron
yeah, ok...

Money and influence won't keep Bricks from pummeling you. Unless you propose Warbucks would use his money and influence to turn all of Fisk's men. why not? hes got the funds...

Wei Phoenix
warbucks pays the assassin 4x as much to kill kingpin

Highly unlikely.

why not? hes got the funds...

If he's not willing to get his hands dirty with the criminals of today then he's not doing anything. Usually when you hire someone to kill somebody the assassin doesn't go "Hey this guy sent me to kill you, want to pay me more?"

Lord_Talron
warbucks could get the ENTIRE cia to run espionage for him, the ENTIRE fbi to protect his well being

warbucks isnt unacustomed to playing dirty either "it doesnt matter how you treat people on the way up if you arent ever going down again"

Wei Phoenix
warbucks could get the ENTIRE cia to run espionage for him, the ENTIRE fbi to protect his well being

warbucks isnt unacustomed to playing dirty either "it doesnt matter how you treat people on the way up if you arent ever going down again"

The ENTIRE FBI and the ENTIRE CIA would get their shit rocked by Venom, Goblin, Daken, Omega Red, Juggernaut and Black Tom etc.

That quote doesn't say that he's willing to kill people, just back stab or lie.

marwash22
lulz. Rhino would solo the entire FBI, SS and CIA

amnesia
stop this, now.

ScreamPaste
Guys, be good, dun want this locked. sad

chomperx9
i feel like im back on CBR

psycho gundam

Etna
Kazuo Kiriyama from Battle Royale (Manga version)

VS

Punisher (the one where he is not a zombie or whatever he is nowadays)

on Okishima Island ( which is the island where Battle Royale took place)

Battle Royale weapons only, the weapons being only from Battle Royale (manga). 5 for each of them.
Punisher fans get to pick the 5 (if enough nods, I'll list all the possible weapons)
Not counting the Bulletproof vest, which they both should have.

Battle Royales exploding collars on both of them. No one leaves alive, and certain areas to the Island will detonate the bombs.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/7r3v0r/BattleRoyalev07160.jpg

The Nuul
Rambo vs Black Panther.

No Vibranium.

Fight in a jungle.

The Nuul
Riddick vs Captain America

marwash22
^ nodded.

Omega Vision
^I'll nod it as well.

ScreamPaste
Xel'Lotath v.s. Thanos.

It's a staring competition.

MooCowofJustice
I like Captain America vs Riddick. I'll nod that.

Not sure about Xel'lotath vs Thanos though. Quan is a big Thanos supporter, right? He might argue Thanos doesn't need to blink because he has no pupils or something. I dunno.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I like Captain America vs Riddick. I'll nod that.

Not sure about Xel'lotath vs Thanos though. Quan is a big Thanos supporter, right? He might argue Thanos doesn't need to blink because he has no pupils or something. I dunno.
Scans of Thanos blinking? stick out tongue

marwash22
scans of any comic book character peeing? eek!

Astner
Nod to Captain America vs. Riddick.

marwash22
i think it's official, 4 nods for Riddick vs. Cap... BOOK IT!

Trackz
samus vs. x-force

xmarksthespot
Would the Six Paths of Pain (Naruto) vs the Fantastic Four be horribly imbalanced one way or the other?

amnesia
un-nod to Vin Diesel.

marwash22
Would the Six Paths of Pain (Naruto) vs the Fantastic Four be horribly imbalanced one way or the other? yes. Stomp in favor of Pein.

Lord_Talron
not if reed preps smile

Hellspawn28
What about Super Skrull vs. The Ginyu Force?

ScreamPaste
Sly Cooper tries to steal Spiderman's wallet.

Lord_Talron
Hercule Poirot vs Batman

Gotham's mayor has been accused of murdering his secretary, in the mayors own office! All the evidence seems to point towards the mayor, but both Hercule and Bats have a hunch he is being framed. who cracks the case first?

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Sly Cooper tries to steal Spiderman's wallet. spidey then uses his wallet to hold the cash hes going to use to pay for a gift to kraven the hunter, a stuffed raccoon! :P

marwash22
Wally West vs. Joey Chestnut and Takeru kobayashi (Hotdog eating competition).

marwash22
not if reed preps smile glare

i hate "prep"... I can solo my entire neighborhood with "prep".

ScreamPaste
spidey then uses his wallet to hold the cash hes going to use to pay for a gift to kraven the hunter, a stuffed raccoon! :P
uhuh Fiiine!

Wolverine v.s. Samus at guitar hero. They play the 90's X-men theme song, from the cartoon.

Lord_Talron
uhuh Fiiine!

Wolverine v.s. Samus at guitar hero. They play the 90's X-men theme song, from the cartoon. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

amnesia
uhuh Fiiine!

Wolverine v.s. Samus at guitar hero. They play the 90's X-men theme song, from the cartoon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Women can't play video games, silly!

marwash22
Women can't play video games, silly!

WrjwaqZfjIY
tc95PaDv97E

amnesia
WrjwaqZfjIY
tc95PaDv97E

Dat ass

The Scenario
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs44/f/2009/137/6/4/Happy_20th__Gameboy_by_Kiwi_RGB.gif

Samus has a minor advantage.

amnesia
Video games involving cars aren't really video games though. Ugh... Cars...

jalek moye
lets stay on topic guys

chomperx9
Video games involving cars aren't really video games though. Ugh... Cars... so then what are they ?

xmarksthespot
yes. Stomp in favor of Pein. Hmm... thought so but then thought maybe Sue or Johnny might be useful against them in some way. Meh.

marwash22
Anyone have an idea who would be a good match for The Legendary Sannin? (Jiraiya, Tsunade & Orochimaru)

One person, or a group.

xmarksthespot
Anyone have an idea who would be a good match for The Legendary Sannin? (Jiraiya, Tsunade & Orochimaru)

One person, or a group. Apocalypse. 131

amnesia
Erza Scarlet vs current strange

cdtm
Predator vs Venom, in a jungle.

cdtm

One person, or a group.

I don't really follow Naruto. What's their power levels?

Guy, Kyle, and John too much? Planetary? Gamora, Karate Kid, and Mantis?

The Nuul
Originally posted by cdtm
Predator vs Venom, in a jungle.

Venom would stomp.

cdtm
Venom would stomp.

The preds weapons look like they produce heat.

Symbionts have a problem with that, don't they?

psycho gundam
the predator can always use that nuke if it's critically injured, imo giving it the majority.

cdtm
the predator can always use that nuke if it's critically injured, imo giving it the majority.

So, want to second the fight and make it an option in the poll? big grin

psycho gundam
sure

jalek moye

That nuke normally kills them also though

Omega Vision
If both fighters die that's a wash, not a victory for the Pred. Its the same reason why ripping up Monarch's suit doesn't count as a victory for either combatant unless the other can survive the rupture.

marwash22
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't really follow Naruto. What's their power levels?

Guy, Kyle, and John too much? Planetary? Gamora, Karate Kid, and Mantis?

they aren't planetary threats, not quite, but combined they are extremely versatile. They're all around top tier (if not higher) in martial arts. There's a lot to cover, it would be best to read their wiki (which are accurate) if you're interested.

Jiraiya - Sage mode (grants him strength somewhere around the 50 ton range and even greater fighting ability), summoning (a number of building sized toads, all with various abilities), a large number of destructive techniques.
wiki - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jiraiya

Tsunade - ridiculous strength (probably low Class 100 but kinda hard to put a cap on it), extremely adept in healing (herself and others),
wiki - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tsunade

Orochimaru - too difficult to explain without writing a sort story.
wiki - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru.

Also, if you're interested, Orochimaru can summon the former Hokage's (Hashirama, Tobirama & Minato), so reading their wiki's would be beneficial as well...

Hashirama - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Hashirama_Senju
Tobirama - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tobirama_Senju
Minato - http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Minato_Namikaze

The Nuul

No, Pred def dies, Venom may live or both die (then its a tie.)

The Nuul
Joker vs Doink the Clown.

In a ring.

No weapons and no killing.

CIS off.

First to KO wins.

Black bolt z
Cortana vs. the mad thninker

Etna
Captain Falcon vs Captain America!
Fighting inside the White House

"Yes!"

chomperx9
Joker vs Doink the Clown.

In a ring.

No weapons and no killing.

CIS off.

First to KO wins. joker wins easily. add Dink to fight along side doink and maybe we could have a good fight there.

chomperx9
captain insano vs hulk hogan

Astner
Tsunade vs She-Hulk. I have no idea of if this battle is a stomp or even if, what way.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>