Band of Benders(Sign-up & Chat)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lilk82394
"Band of Benders"

2 years after the evens of Avatar Aang, an assasin, hired by an unknown person, poisoned Avatar Aang causing infection throughout his body, and eventually......death. Katara couldnt heal him, though she tried many times it was inevitable. The Avatar was gone. The world was swept with sorrow for their fallen hero. The assasin was eventually found and killed without giving any information on who hired her. Katara was heartbroken. Every nation gave their respects for Aang, as he helped many throughout his time....

Katara knowing that the next Avatar would be born into the water tribe, though she didnt know where exactly. 20 more years passed and an Avatar was born in the Northern Water Tribe. Her name was Shan Mae.

Shan found out she was the avatar at the age of 12. She was being trained by other top waterbenders in her tribe. Being the Avatar she learned the art of waterbending quickly and learned to use Tai Chi to enhance her movement before even becoming a teenager.

Shan was raised as an orphan not knowing her parents. She was an outcast and had very little friends. Many always thought Shan would grow up to help others, but she thought different. Shan believed the power she had was to be used to rule. Shan shared these thoughts with no one she knew, only the charm she kept around her wrist that was thought to belong to her parents.

Eventually Shan left for travel at the age of 15. She knew many waterbending moves and even created her own. In 5 years she practiced and learned Hung Gar for Earth Bending, Northern Shaolin for Firebending, and the hardest was Ba Gua for Air Bending. Everybody informed her Avatar Aang was the only airbender, but really he was the only airbender everyone knew. Deep in the western mountains of a secret temple called Zen there was a man called Sora. He was a descendent of one of Aangs peers while Aang was actually 12. Sora agreed to teach Shan airbending if she promised to keep their meeting secret.

So Shan learn all four elements and mastered them. Many thought she would use them to bring world peace and help others. Shan quickly got a couple of talented benders. Rine, the earth bender, and Hui, the fire bender.

Those 3 were a force to be reckoned with. Shan had no clear reason for controlling everything, she just thought it was fate. They brought terror down on tribes and nations alike, eventually taking control of the world. She spread armies of different benders to ensure she could control every inch of the world. Rine, Hui, and Shan were in 3 different parts of earth keeping the world in check. Many thought Shan was wrong but they couldnt defy or risk death. And if anyone wanted to stop her itd be nearly impossible to, because she moves every few months, secretly.

......With every ruler there will be a group that despises them so, and very well, there was a group...The Band of Benders. They were a small, strong, elite, and smart group of different benders that banded together to put a stop to Shan. They knew they couldnt take her alone so they formed the B.O.B. to stop her. Thisrebellion was a special one. Each member with great bending skills, and great minds.

Now its their time to put a stop to this reign of terror from Avatar Shan and return the world to peace. They will have to band together and defeat Avatar Shan before it gets out of hand...

==============================================

The four original elements will be used as well as there sub elements. You can have maximum of 2 characters. The rp will start with everyone at the rebellion base which is located deep underground the earth nation. From there on i will explain on the OOC thread when this is approved unless anyone wants me to get further into detail. If you do just PM me.

Bending styles:

Tai Chi: Water
Hung Gar: Earth
Northern Saolin: Fire
Ba Gua: Air
==================Rules=========================

I. No godmodding, powerplaying etc.

II. If you are going to quit please tell me and dont leave your character in the middle of fighting or talking to someone.

III. Get permission to kill someones chracter if you do.

IV. Dont decide to get freaky with your characters without asking me ON PM FIRST!!

V.Maximum of 2 characters.
==============================================
=CS=

Name:

Sex:

Orientation:

Ethnicity:

Bending Style(look above):

Stregnths:

Weaknesses:

Personality:

Weapons -or- Items:

Appearance:

Bio:

lilk82394
Namebig grinavid Huo

Sex: Male

Orientation: Straight

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Bending Style(look above): Northern Shaolin: Fire

Stregnths: Helping others

Weaknesses: Sometimes too stubborn, bad temper.

Personality: Intense, brave, short tempered, passionate.

Weapons -or- Items: will edit it all l8r

Appearance:

Bio:

Anon E. Mous
Name: Kung Leouh

Ethnicity: Earth Kingdom (chinese)

Bending Style: Hung Gar earthbending, with limited Shu Gar/seismic sense and metalbending

Strengths: His earthbending skills are second only to Toph Bei Fong, and he has intricate knowledge of the Spirit World, chakras and chi.

Weaknesses: like all benders, he is limited by the availability of his element.

Personality: Calm, always conforming to the philosophy of neutral jing

Weapons -or- Items: Being a high ranking member of the Order of the White Lotus, he carries a Lotus tile at all times.

Appearance: will hopefully post pic later

Bio: He is the protege of King Bumi, having been taught by him since his parents abandoned him on the steps of Bumi's palace. He was the most proficient bender in the group of children Bumi instructed, and the only one to stick with the King for more than a decade. While Aang was in Omashu, he was on a meditative retreat, though they later met when Kung was seeking out Toph for further teaching. For the last twenty years she has been instructing him, giving him abilities that surpass even his aging master, such as seismic sense. He is always practicing this skill, often fighting with his eyes closed. Though he is reaching his older years, Kung is still in prime physical condition, stemming from, among other things, his 50-odd years of training with Bumi. He was inducted into the Order of the White Lotus by his master at the age of 35, and quickly rose through the ranks, ending up ranked directly below the King. During the liberation of Ba Sing Se, he fought alongside Bumi, Iroh, Jeong Jeong and the rest of the Order. He has now taken Bumi's place as their master earthbender, and joined the Band of Benders at their behest. He is their representative in the group.

Anon E. Mous
Yeah, here he is.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/anime_016/naruto_tazuna0001.jpg

lilk82394
Thats the guy from Naruto right?

Name: David Huo

Bending Style(look above): Northern Shaolin: Fire

Stregnths: Helping others

Weaknesses: Sometimes too stubborn, bad temper.

Weapons -or- Items: Golden bands.

Appearance:

Bio: Davids home was destroyed by the Avatar's army. His father tried to stop them but he died in the process. David also saw his mother burned alive in their own home. He narrowly escaped. David was only 10 at the time and his dad was teaching him firebending. He eventually found another secret master than taught him great techniques. David then formed a rebellion secretly hidden underground the former Earth Nation. He has swore to get revenge for his parents and with the help of other benders, bring peace to the world.

Anon E. Mous
The picture is, yes. I'm guessing David originally lived in the Fire Nation? And by the way i've already come up with a way to beat Shan Mae. It's quite ingenious, I assure you.

lilk82394
1. Yes he did.

2. PM me your idea

Hawkeye113
I've got a character, but he will be rather strange.

Anon E. Mous
Strangeness isn't always bad. Just make sure the character is realistic in the Avatar world.

Noban
If it's not too late to join, I sent you PM with my char.

Anon E. Mous
Who? Me or lilk?

lilk82394
He was talking about me.

Anon E. Mous
Ah. Just making sure.

Eclipse_Noctis
Name: Maria Sanchez

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: African American/Hispanic

Bending Style: Tai Chi: Water

Stregnths: Very smart

Weapons -or- Items: Vials of water to use in a pinch.

Appearance: White tanktop with blue pants. 5'6 with long black wavy hair.

Bio: Will reveal in RP

lilk82394
Nice. I like it...

Anon E. Mous
She seems to me like a good counterpart to your character, lilk.

lilk82394
Its probably because she copied my CS and forgot to change the personality.

In other great news I just modded my psp and downloaded KH BBS. Even though I pre ordered the NA release i couldnt wait.

Eclipse_Noctis
Oops. This dumb iPod was messing up my posts yesterday...

Anon E. Mous
Haha, now that I think about it, that isn't the best personality for a water bender.

lilk82394
Yeah, I guess Ill put up the RP soon.

Noban
Name: Mandon Bargery

Ethnicity: Black

Bending Style(look above): Ba Gua: Air

Stregnths: street-smart, does things gangsta-style, performs difficult moves while fighting

Weaknesses: women are his #1 weakness, and #2 is alcohol; #3 would be opium

Personality: very people-focused; innovative, spontaneous, original, and creative; dislikes being bound by rules, and has a habit of competing with authority; he can be deceptive and manipulative, and sometimes a bully; he sympathizes with others, but he keeps it tough and humorous; loves to party and get down with the ladies

Weapons -or- Items: he likes to carry lots of gear with him, and somehow manages to keep most of it concealed: 2 katanas, 1 crossbow, a variety of poisonous, explosive, and flame bolts, and a collection of spinning stars

Appearance: stands 6'4", very athletic build, has quite a collection of scars, including a missing left index finger

Bio: The only way to learn anything about Bargery is to have a drink with him. Otherwise, though socially he is often quite loud and obnoxious, Bargery actually stays pretty quiet about his past. Multiple stories he's told at the taverns reveal that he was once involved in a very highly trained secret airbending unit in Zen that specialized in stealth, assassinations, thievery, and unconventional warfare, and would perform extremely insane missions mostly against the Northern Saolin. Now, Bargery seems to be a roaming mercenary with no real loyalty to any particular kingdom, and will do a job for whomever will pay him - be it a Water, Earth, Fire or Air governmental official, military commander, criminal, or anyone. He personally visits Sora often, and was probably trained in Airbending by him, though where he or the unit he was in received their training may or may not have been Sora - no one knows because Sora and Bargery's meetings are always secret. When Bargery's not out filling a contract, and not chasing ladies, you might find him playing Air Ball with some of his mates back at Zen (who also are rumored to have been in the secret unit Bargery was in).

lilk82394
Ok good.

Noban
I don't RP much, but I was wondering how you're going to set it up: do you write a short story, and then we basically decide what our characters will do? Or, is this an ACUTAL RPG with stats, battles, and such?

lilk82394
There is not stats or anything. And no i dont write short stories. We come up with ideas where we make a plot with a certain goal. Then you post on threads what your character is doing. Rping is kinda simple, its just like its called. RolePlaying. Just go look at some of the other threads and see how we do it.

Noban
Originally posted by lilk82394
There is not stats or anything. And no i dont write short stories. We come up with ideas where we make a plot with a certain goal. Then you post on threads what your character is doing. Rping is kinda simple, its just like its called. RolePlaying. Just go look at some of the other threads and see how we do it.

Ok, thanks!

Like reading a "Choose Your Own Adventure", but you just decide freely instead of picking from options.

lilk82394
Ok example:

On a rp i made some time ago. The plot was to kill the gods. At the begginning we had to meet at a building. So every character would make a ppost like:

John walk on a path to the house to meet with the other warriors. John was excited to be fighting to help worldkind and humanity. In a few minutes John arrived at the house and met up with the others. " Hello
guys im John." John grinned.

Its something like that...Not a good example but its similar to how you should post. Ive only been doing it for 2 years. Im not the best but im better than i was, when i was 14. Youll get better.

Noban
Ok example:

On a rp i made some time ago. The plot was to kill the gods. At the begginning we had to meet at a building. So every character would make a ppost like:

John walk on a path to the house to meet with the other warriors. John was excited to be fighting to help worldkind and humanity. In a few minutes John arrived at the house and met up with the others. " Hello
guys im John." John grinned.

Its something like that...Not a good example but its similar to how you should post. Ive only been doing it for 2 years. Im not the best but im better than i was, when i was 14. Youll get better.

Start it off, and that'll give me a better idea.

lilk82394
Just wait till i open the actual RP thread.

Noban
Just wait till i open the actual RP thread.

Yup

One Free Man
Name: Too-Nai

Ethnicity: caucasian

Bending Style(look above): Fire

Strengths: He's powerful, and gifted in the art of fire-bending.

Weaknesses: His constant anger/sorrow.

Personality: He's strong, smart, and has a dark side, but he also has issues.

Weapons -or- Items: He has been known to use a variety of weapons, incorporating weapons into his bending was an activity that eventually lead to him creating his own sub-form or fire-bending that involved slow, extremely powerful bends, and depended on the speed of his weapons to make up for it.

Appearance: He is scarred so that his left eye cannot open, a vertical scar that runs the length of his face through his left eye. While handsome from his right side, his left is in constant pain from the events of that night.

Bio: He was probably the closest to aang when it happened. He was Aang's servant through a life-debt and was honored to serve him. One evening he was caught by the assassin on his way to bringing Aang his evening meal, and had a brief fight, but the assassin had the element of surprise and was incredibly powerful. He neutralized Nai and delivered the food himself. Nai blamed himself for the death of Aang and dedicated his life to hunting the assassin. It was then that he perfected his sub-form of firebending and became a renowned fire-bender. he played a critical role in finding and killing the assassin.

Now that the world is terrorized by the new avatar, he also blames himself. Aang was good, if he had not let him die, the world would still be ruled in peace and justice.

Anon E. Mous
Just one thing, Free Man.

1. Aang died about twenty years before our story, so bump up the age to around 35-40.

Other than that small detail, it all looks fine.

starryknight
Name: Wa-ya

Orientation: straight

Ethnicity: Water bender

Bending Style(look above): Tai Chi

Strengths: Wa-ya is a quick learner and is willing to take advice and directions in oder to improve her bending

Weaknesses: She cares too much about people and hesitates to hurt her enemies.

Personality: she is usually happy and kind to everyone, she loves helping people and is not afraid to speak her mind.

Weapons -or- Items: she has a hunting knife for cooking and hunting.

Appearance:

Bio: Wa-ya lost her parents to the avatar but was lucky enough to have Katara to watch over her and train her in water bending. Katara taught Wa-ya everything she knew about water bending but some stuff Katara made clear was only to be used in life and death situations. Mastering everything she could she felt it was time to join the resistance and find her destiny.

lilk82394
Ok ill post the RP now I guess. Star your goof, and one free man once you change the age youll be good.

Hitosu Moriko
Tao Ren

Straight

Earth Bender

Tiger,Snake,Tae Kwon Do,Taijutsu

Great at martial arts always tries to keep peace

can be really oblivious and stubborn at times has instinct to overdue his opponents

Kindhearted, and Harsh when it comes to the truth

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925287342/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/03/Denkou.jpg

He took on the responsibility for his grandfather, Uncle, Aunt,and Father learning all there fighting styles when he was ten he then had an accident one time that led him to a psuedo-death but at the last minute he earthbended for the first time he then mixed all of his family teachings and his new power together at the age 14 to find out his family secret in the next year he found out that his grandmother who is 52 yrs old and has not been seen since Tao was a baby was a blind earthbender (Hint Hint) that assisted the previous avatar in his adventures he was astounded of the knowledge and started a quest for his destiny

lilk82394
OK to go.

One Free Man
K i'm 32 now.

Phantom Miria
You realize that if you are 32 now, according to the introduction post, you are born 8 years after Aang died?

Phantom Miria
Name: Mirana

Orientation: Asexual

Bending Style: Water

Strengths: Tranquility

Weaknesses: An absence of empathy

Personality: On the surface, Mirana appears bitterly unhappy woman with little sense of presence. A psychologically impaired female who has escaped the shackles of society, displeased with the ways mankind has come to handle gifts handed them by the spirits of the realm. She is quiet, mystical and brilliant beyond compare. Her neglectance of common social necessities has made her a powerful combatant, should the most rare of things happen and she engage in battle.

Items: None

Bio: The year is 142 ASC, 40 years after Mirana witnessed the death of the previous Avatar. To her it was a point of no return for the world. She took it as proof that absolute peace was not an option and embraced the realization of futlity in hoping for such a thing to ever happen. So at her 16th birthday Mirana vanished, retreating to the loving embrace of nature itself, and there she remained for 40 years, leaving the world to its problems.

Isolated from the world, it was not until recently that Mirana learnt of Shan Mae and the ongoing activities. Having heard of a band of benders, Mirana made the choice to give the world one last chance. Unclear of the benders intentions, their base was her next destination and there her future would be decided. She would hear them out, listen if they believed in a world worth saving.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8883/bc52dfb882574a9bf84de25.jpg

Anon E. Mous
Well damn, Phantom, you're right. I've been trying to keep everything as canon as possible, but the OP itself is non-canon. I've been going on Shan being born around the instant Aang died, not twenty years later. My bad.

Also, Free Man, saying that all the player characters around you look scared or are scared is borderline god-modding. I just wanted to catch it now, so you know not to do anything more severe. A friendly warning.

Eclipse_Noctis
Mirana kinda looks like an Espada.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous

Also, Free Man, saying that all the player characters around you look scared or are scared is borderline god-modding. I just wanted to catch it now, so you know not to do anything more severe. A friendly warning. I didn't specify who, just "the people." I was vague in order to attempt to avoid god-modding. I understand that making other people do stuff would be retarded, obviously, I just wanted to establish my character's presence and how it impacts "people" really.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Phantom Miria
You realize that if you are 32 now, according to the introduction post, you are born 8 years after Aang died? derp derp derp derp, witha da math, ima not so great.

I'm now 55 years old, OK?

Edit: my guy just went on a quest because I will be AFK for a week. Im going to L.A. cya later.

Phantom Miria
Do not derp me. All I am doing is upholding the setting placed by the creator of the roleplay.

Mind if I ask what your sub-form of Firebending is?

lilk82394
Originally posted by One Free Man
derp derp derp derp, witha da math, ima not so great.

I'm now 55 years old, OK?

Edit: my guy just went on a quest because I will be AFK for a week. Im going to L.A. cya later. Your character is just going to leave? Were about to go on a mission. You could ask someone to control him till you come back but David just called a meeting. erm W/e your char can go...i guess.

Phantom your good to go. Cool char BTW. big grin

lilk82394
Im pissed. Everytime i type a long post my cpu cuts off. Ill post Sunday...

starryknight
Hitosu Moriko if you are hinting that toph is tao's grandma she'd only be 34 i think

lilk82394
Yeah just make your char her son. Im pretty sure she wouldnt be a grandma by now, though its possible, her grandchild wouldnt be 16.

Super Marie 64
Toph would be 54 years old in this RP.

Hunter_Abari
This RP is 22 years after they stopped Ozai and toph was like 12 or 13 when the series ended. So shed be in her 30's.

BTW Avatar: The Legend of Korra is coming!!

Super Marie 64
Toph was 12 for the duration of the show and according to the opening post in this thread, which by the look of what you write now could be simply a mistake, this takes place 42 years after the death of the Phoenix King.

So you either have to make a retcon, a retraction of formerly stated passed time and an edit to a passed time of preference, or this is 42 years after the event.

Originally posted by Hunter_Abari
"Band of Benders"

2 years after the evens of Avatar Aang, an assasin, hired by an unknown person, poisoned Avatar Aang causing infection throughout his body, and eventually......death

20 more years passed and an Avatar was born

Shan found out she was the avatar at the age of 12

Eventually Shan left for travel at the age of 15.

In 5 years she practiced and learned Hung Gar for Earth Bending, Northern Shaolin for Firebending, and the hardest was Ba Gua for Air Bending.

Regelion1
hows this for a character sheet

Name: Hilong

Bending Style(look above): Northern Saolin: Fire

Stregnths: flexible, good break dancer, Hero of Justice

Weaknesses: Hero of justice

Personality: Calm, quite sometimes, Rushes into things, Has energy to burn, Feels he needs to help people, gets hot headed, loves animals, and spicy foods, believes the spicier the better

Weapons -or- Items: streamlined long bladed knives, red tinted dagger-like knives, single bladed knives, stainless steel Chain knives

Appearance:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/Demonking2/Aki_Monster_Soul_by_DeathTheKid92.jpg

Bio: Hilong is the son of Zuko and Mai king and queen of the fire nation. Hilong would hear stories about how his father helped Avatar Aang take down Hilongs grandfather Fire lord Ozai From taking over the world. He was told about Avatar Aangs heroic deeds which slowly made him want to be like him. Hilong ended up developing a hero of justice attitude making him want to help and protect people just like avatar Aang. Hilong is a prince in his family but he didn't like his princely duties so he asked his family if he could leave the palace and travel. They accepted his request and he left to set out on his own adventure. 2 years had passed when he was sent a letter from his family saying that the fire nation kingdom was taken over by the new Avatar. No one knows where his family is but Hilong knew they where alive. Hilong continued on his adventure but to get stronger and to try to bring justice to the new evil Avatar.

Hunter_Abari
Oh yea your right! I was having a mind blank and thinking that she was Shan was born as soon as Aang died. So it was 20 years after he died, 22 years after Ozau was defeated, and 20 more years for Shan to learn bending and take over. So yea she would be 54 and Hitosu your char can be Zukos Brandon again. Thanks for clearing it up Mario?!

Moriarty
Originally posted by Super Marie 64
Do not derp me. All I am doing is upholding the setting placed by the creator of the roleplay. I was derping myself. this should have been evident when I went "im not so good with math." Like "derp derp my bad" like I said: my bad, so it's all good?
It's sort of like I have a resonant and controlled constant burn inside of me, ready to lash out at any moment. Whereas standard bending is very fast and light, my character depends on a sudden show of force upon entering a fight in the form of a powerful fireball, which gives him a very long cool-down time before he can ready another fireball, but he can fight with weapons while he readies it once again. It has its limitations and its strengths. It sort of matches my character's constant anguish and lashing out.

Moriarty
My second character:

Name: Wendy

Sex: Girl

Orientation: straight

Ethnicity: white, short, thin with blond hair

Bending Style(look above): none. She is a civilian who thought she could help the order by giving back-up, but is quite helpless.

Strengths: She's sweet and honorable and intelligent but not wise. She is too courageous for her own good, and too pure for here enemy's good.

Weaknesses: No power, she relies only on physical strength.

Personality: Courageous, pure, naive, kind of sheltered.

Weapons -or- Items: a broom with the bristles burnt off from fighting.

Appearance: Pretty, short, blond, blue eyed, but not super strong or smart, kind of average.

Bio: She was born powerless, much to the disappointment of her water-bending parents, and they sheltered her until she finally ran away to join the band, realizing that sitting at home wasn't doing much good. She is friends with Nai, but fears his power and his instability, but as with everyone, can't help but see the good with him and is constantly trying to fix him.

Eclipse_Noctis
Wow.....
-.-

Moriarty
Yeah i ****ed it up, anon e. mous already pmed me. sorry i'm new to the whole RP thing. please ignore that last post in the IC and continue.

Hunter_Abari
Haha its ok. You go see my post from 2008. Now theres something to laugh about...

starryknight
i dont get it...

Hunter_Abari
@star: Dont get what?

@hitosu: Your char should not be able to randomly find our base, on account that if a person could just randomly stumble across it Shan wouldve killed us a while ago.

Anon E. Mous
And to add to that, our base isn't visible from the surface. It is completely underground.

Hitosu Moriko
HAven't been on this thread so im sort of stuck :/

Hunter_Abari
Just run into David, Waya, and Maria...

Moriarty
I do like Wendi's role as the plucky comic relief.

Here's a picture of her inspiration for imagining purposes, yes that's right, it's the original alice in wonderland.
http://www.mindflare.com/celgallery/alice2m.jpg

Without so much poof to her skirt and with a staff, (normally on her back) but personality and looks-wise, that's "wendi"

Hunter_Abari
I always wondered why alice's calves are so big for a little girl....

Moriarty
I'd imagine because she's british. They're all odd ducks.

Anon E. Mous
Moriarty, he hasn't taken the blindfold yet... Once he does, you just say that your post came after his.

Moriarty
Really? after handing him the blindfold he has to take the blindfold, then they have to return to base? That's really slow-paced.

Anon E. Mous
There's the possibility he would refuse to take the blindfold. After that one post, you'd be free to do whatever.

starryknight
blind fold... is it getting kinky in here?

Hunter_Abari
O.o

Moriarty
Originally posted by Anon E. Mous
There's the possibility he would refuse to take the blindfold. After that one post, you'd be free to do whatever. I see what you mean.

starryknight
oh no moriarty D;

Eclipse_Noctis
Wow Moriatys banned?

Anon E. Mous
He probably mouthed off to a mod or something.

Eclipse_Noctis
You shouldve seen what Hunter said to a mod on the roleplayers guild. He's perma-banned...It was bad...

Anon E. Mous
Link?

Eclipse_Noctis
A year ago...
Before I ever joined KMC. I could find but who knows how long thatd take? =p

Anon E. Mous
Oh, I thought it just happened recently. No need.

Hunter_Abari
You would bring that ish up...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.