Fantastic Four vs Twilight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
the were wolves have gone to the man for help.. the military have gone to the F4 for assistance..

F4 fly to the Cullens in their fantastic car.. thing jumps out johnny flies over head while mr. fantastic lands it and sue climbs out..

the cullen family come out to face these visitors..

the F4 are ready to kill them as they are not human.

Rogue Jedi

Placidity
Leaning towards Cullens.

The Thing - Likely stronger, but too slow to matter. Easily BFR'ed.

Human Torch - Can't get hit if he stays in the air, but ability to damage the Vamps is unknown.

Reed Richards - Can't think of he'd be helpful in this fight. Disabled after a vampiric bite.

Susan Storm - Would bubble in the brain work? If not, all she can do is stay invisible and protect herself with shields, but with Precog and Mind Reading, Cullens will probably figure out where she is, and her shields won't hold up long against them pounding on it.

So even in worst case scenario, Human Torch makes this a draw for the F4 since he stays unreachable.

Rogue Jedi
Wonder what super nova would do to the Twi's.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't see how those gay vampires would be able to harm, The Thing.

Wild Shadow
umm.. b/c they are granite hard.. duh.

jinXed by JaNx
granite hard?

Wild Shadow
yes, like a rock..

keIvA2wSPZc&feature=related

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
yes, like a rock..

keIvA2wSPZc&feature=related

Ooooh yeah. I totally didn't know what you were on about but i get you now rolling on floor laughing

Hewhoknowsall
Reed Richards runs back to his lab, pull out an anti Vampires gun from his closet (seriously, Reed Richards is like the Marvel version of Batman), and blasts the Vampires to bits.

ares834
F4 stomp...
Sure Mr. Fantastic dies but they can do nothing to the Thing. They can't get through Sue's shields which are strong enogh to contain supernova level heat, and the Human Torch can just go supernova to incinerate them all.

Hewhoknowsall
Reed Richards can blast them all with some anti Vampire gun that he possibly has somewhere, or could create one pretty quickly. Oh, and he's super durable as well.

Sue's shields are virtually indestructible, especially in the Comics where they have even temporarily withstood Galactus's attacks. She can also create a bubble inside someone's body and explode it.

Johnny could go nova (Sue can protect the F4 with her Force shield). This would incinerate the Twilight Vampires.

The Thing might be a slight weak link, but he's still very tough and powerful.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Reed Richards runs back to his lab, pull out an anti Vampires gun from his closet (seriously, Reed Richards is like the Marvel version of Batman), and blasts the Vampires to bits. ****in win.

BruceSkywalker
FF win because Sue is hotter than Bella big grin stick out tongue smile laughing laughing laughing laughing

Rogue Jedi
yes WAY hotter.

jinXed by JaNx
Yea, i think i'd have to side with Twilight on that one. I wouldn't throw her out of bed but i never understood the mass appeal surrounding, Jessica Alba. She looks like a typical blonde to me.

Wild Shadow
minus she is hispanic and not a natural blond

the ninjak
Can't believe I missed this one.

-Sue captures Vamps in bubbles and protects the team.
-Reed can't be hurt by them and blasts em with random raygun.
-Ben is useless.
-Johnny Supernova.

Or better yet while the vamps are at school. Sue while invisible traps the Cullens in a bubble. Johnny enters the bubble and fries em. They rinse and repeat with the parents.

As long as the werewolves are not aware the military contacted the F4 the psychic chick would'nt be able to predict the onslaught.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yea, i think i'd have to side with Twilight on that one. I wouldn't throw her out of bed but i never understood the mass appeal surrounding, Jessica Alba. She looks like a typical blonde to me. Biel is hotter.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Biel is hotter.

About the only thing going for here....

Anyway, F4 win this. The vamps can do nothing to Johnny whatsoever and it's questionable if they can hurt The Thing. Sue and Reed die but who gives a **** about them.

the ninjak
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
About the only thing going for here....

Anyway, F4 win this. The vamps can do nothing to Johnny whatsoever and it's questionable if they can hurt The Thing. Sue and Reed die but who gives a **** about them.

Sue Solos. with Johnny even easier. But Sue is key to victory or they fail.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by the ninjak
Sue Solos. with Johnny even easier. But Sue is key to victory or they fail.

Sue dies here. Badly. no expression

Between Alice's ability to predict the future, Edwards ability to read mines, and all vampires being able to smell blood, they'll kill Sue before she can do anything.

Jasper might be able to force Johnny to the ground through his emotional trickery. And Thing is really not fast enough to do much.

the ninjak
Read my original post.

Or better yet while the vamps are at school. Sue while invisible traps the Cullens in a bubble. Johnny enters the bubble and fries em. They rinse and repeat with the parents.

As long as the werewolves are not aware the military contacted the F4 the psychic chick would'nt be able to predict the onslaught.

Precognition won't work for the werewolves contacted the military. Then the military contacts the F4. Just like in Eclipse the Cullens weren't able to see the identity of the mastermind.

Plus the simple fact that the werewolves would give the military all the info they need on the vamps. F4 are in New York and Sue when they hit the ground will have shields up constantly around the team with knowledge of the vamps speed feats.

TheAuraAngel
Read my original post.

Precognition won't work for the werewolves contacted the military. Then the military contacts the F4. Just like in Eclipse the Cullens weren't able to see the identity of the mastermind.

Plus the simple fact that the werewolves would give the military all the info they need on the vamps. F4 are in New York and Sue when they hit the ground will have shields up constantly around the team with knowledge of the vamps speed feats.

It will in fact still work. Alice doesn't have to be looking for something to just see it. It randomly happens.

She can maintain constant shielding around all four of them at once that also allows the F4 to attack through the shields?

Edward can read their minds so it's not like they can really surprise them with much of anything the minute they're in range. Sue will drop the shield eventually, and her head gets cut off.

the ninjak
Dude in Eclipse it was easy for Victoria to avoid the psychic's precognotion.

And the werewolves are aware of it. That's why they educate the military first.
Easy knowledge that the Cullens like to sit with each other at school or wait till they are all home. And an Invisible woman with a TP dampener thanks to Reed. =

The whole Cullens house stuck in a Force Bubble with no escape. Johnny flies in and Supernovas everything inside.
The F4 can attack anytime with satellite surveillance, they also have their own freakin UFO level flying machine. They can fly in from above atmosphere in seconds.

Sue solos anyway once the Cullens are in the same place. Invisible...Force Bubble around the vamps. SQUEEZE!

TheAuraAngel
Dude in Eclipse it was easy for Victoria to avoid the psychic's precognotion.

And the werewolves are aware of it. That's why they educate the military first.
Easy knowledge that the Cullens like to sit with each other at school or wait till they are all home. And an Invisible woman with a TP dampener thanks to Reed. =

The whole Cullens house stuck in a Force Bubble with no escape. Johnny flies in and Supernovas everything inside.
The F4 can attack anytime with satellite surveillance, they also have their own freakin UFO level flying machine. They can fly in from above atmosphere in seconds.

Sue solos anyway once the Cullens are in the same place. Invisible...Force Bubble around the vamps. SQUEEZE!

And that changes the fact that Alice can see the future without necessarily looking for anything?

They attacked the Cullens at home. And what thanks to Reed? I'm not familiar with a TP Dampener. We're only talking about the movies right?

Uh....did you read the OP? It describes how the F4 have come in. Sue just climbs out of their little car.

Precog. Cut her head off at speeds she has never shown the ability to react to.

Johnny does likely take this for them though. Any temperature even close to super nova could wipe out the Cullens.

Placidity

Uh....did you read the OP? It describes how the F4 have come in. Sue just climbs out of their little car.

Precog. Cut her head off at speeds she has never shown the ability to react to.

That, and Edward will 'hear' them coming as they near(telepathically).

Johnny does likely take this for them though. Any temperature even close to super nova could wipe out the Cullens.

Johnny can only go supernova when being contained by Susan, otherwise, he could potentially destroy the Earth as we know it, which he wouldn't do.

And as you said, if Sue gets taken out, that option is gone.

TheAuraAngel
I really ****ing hate arguing for the Cullens.

Rogue Jedi
Cullens.

dadudemon
I have a hard time seeing how they can take out the Human torch.

Maybe they could throw shit at him or something?

the ninjak
Fine the Cullens are aware of the impending attack. When the F4 arrive in the Fantasticar, shield around it. What are the Cullens to do?

She wont take the shields down.

The Cullens can't hurt the team. If they run, which they will. It's fight over. They can't show there faces in public again.

F4 win for not being able to lose.

The Fantisticar is faster than a vampire and a werewolf. All Sue needs to do is see one running while they track them via radar motion detection. Then she telekineticly grabs one and squeezes.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by dadudemon

They really can't unless Jasper can calm him down. Throwing something at someone faster than a missle would be pointless.

Fine the Cullens are aware of the impending attack. When the F4 arrive in the Fantasticar, shield around it. What are the Cullens to do?

She wont take the shields down.

The Cullens can't hurt the team. If they run, which they will. It's fight over. They can't show there faces in public again.

F4 win for not being able to lose.

The Fantisticar is faster than a vampire and a werewolf. All Sue needs to do is see one running while they track them via radar motion detection. Then she telekineticly grabs one and squeezes.

She climbs out of the car. Repeat: Out of the car. F4 is taking this ground level fighting, except for Torch of course.

And why wouldn't they be able to show their faces again?

She's done that in the movies?

the ninjak
They really can't unless Jasper can calm him down. Throwing something at someone faster than a missle would be pointless.

She climbs out of the car. Repeat: Out of the car. F4 is taking this ground level fighting, except for Torch of course.

And why wouldn't they be able to show their faces again?

She's done that in the movies?

If the military and the F4 were aware of the vampires existence of course they are screwed.

She stopped a major bridge from falling apart. Plus captured Doom in a bubble.
I was wrong with the prep side of things.
The OP staes that both teams are apart from each other in the field Sue would definitely raise shields instantly.

Rogue Jedi

Maybe they could throw shit at him or something? Ahaha pewp.

TheAuraAngel
If the military and the F4 were aware of the vampires existence of course they are screwed.

She stopped a major bridge from falling apart. Plus captured Doom in a bubble.
I was wrong with the prep side of things.
The OP staes that both teams are apart from each other in the field Sue would definitely raise shields instantly.

In a field? Where's it say that?

They've blended into normal society before. Can't see why it would be much different now. Push come to shove, go live with the Volturi. F4 ain't touching them.

Her shields wouldn't protect Johnny, who'd be flying around. And she can't keep them up forever since, well, that leaves them unable to do much to help Johnny. And Jasper could just like calm her down enough to lower the shields and proceed to take her head off.

Human Torch wins this for the F4 unless Jasper can in fact get him to come down so he's in reach to be hurt. Which is unlikely.

DarkNemesis

I took that literally laughing

Placidity
Plus captured Doom in a bubble.

She didn't really. She put up a field around him, he never tried to get out of it, instead he was trying to hit the Torch.

This isn't to say her field isn't strong, just that if it came to Doom vs Susan, she wouldn't have a chance (as we've already seen).

dadudemon

There's only one problem with that: Alice.

Jasper, who is one of the best Vampire fighters in Twilight canon (he has a century of experience of fighting super humans), couldn't lay a finger on Alice (lol). Why? Because her precog is better than a Jedi Master's.

The Human Torch would have a hard time flying anywhere without Alice being able to predict exactly where he's going. The Vamps are also strong enough to throw anything smaller than a car, a considerable distance. Keep in mind that cars are like , and I quote, "Styrofoam" to the vampires.

Originally posted by DarkNemesis
I took that literally laughing

laughing

I knew RJ would take it the "wrong" way. Rereading my post, I made the twivamps sound like monkeys.

TheAuraAngel
There's only one problem with that: Alice.

Jasper, who is one of the best Vampire fighters in Twilight canon (he has a century of experience of fighting super humans), couldn't lay a finger on Alice (lol). Why? Because her precog is better than a Jedi Master's.

The Human Torch would have a hard time flying anywhere without Alice being able to predict exactly where he's going. The Vamps are also strong enough to throw anything smaller than a car, a considerable distance. Keep in mind that cars are like , and I quote, "Styrofoam" to the vampires.

I know right? Alice is a haxxed biatch. Still, not sure if they can hit something. He is supah fast! Though, trickery is not out of the question. He does have a disadvantage when it comes to hitting her in particular. Edward might also give a similar challenge, though inferior.

Now Thing. Can they hurt him? I can't recall many strength feats, though I know stopping a car with one hand with hardly any acknowledgment that it's there is impressive.

the ninjak
You guys do realise that Reed has prep in this.

And the Werewolves would have told the military EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close thread.

Guy captured the Fricken Silver Surfer. and Surfer>>>>>>>>>Cullens.
As far as movie feats go Reeds prep shows he can create many devices that would criple the Cullens.

TheAuraAngel
You guys do realise that Reed has prep in this.

And the Werewolves would have told the military EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Close thread.

Guy captured the Fricken Silver Surfer.

Prep time against someone who can literally SEE everything you are going to do is worthless. What would he do in this prep time anyway? What possible invention could he bring with him that would help? Vampires are super fast and strong. You kill them by cutting them up and burnin 'em. Beyond that, their is really not much to exploit.

Carlisle calls in the Volturi for back up. stick out tongue

the ninjak
Vampire AIDS bomb released into the atmosphere.
Bella watches and cries while Edward vomits up blood all over her pretty face.
Especially if Reed can contact Blade and get the virus from Blade 3 and weaponise it.
Shits gettin desperate nowsad

Rogue Jedi
This thread is fail.

the ninjak
Yeah I hate it.

Blonde_Ambition
I'm not going to post a stupid smiley, because I don't want any twihards to lose their shit over my post on this thread...

Susan Storm could destroy all the Cullens alone.. and within 5 seconds..

first off, I'll state that Susans force fields have been known to shield her from the telepathic powers of jean grey and psilord. Both of which are about 500 times stronger than alice, jasper and edwards mind powers merged together.

secondly.. susan would hold an invisible shield around herself if she expected that kind of trouble... and since we've seen susan accomplish near impossible things using her force fields... I seriously doubt some punching vamps could take any of her shields down.

example: Ultimatum comics- New York was hit by a tsunami, manhattan was submerged... Susan used her powers to push the water back into the ocean... (all the water... ALL of manhattan)

no possible argument any of you could summerize could lead to the defeat of the FF..

if needed, reed could design a space laser.. to wipe forks off the map entirely...could do the same to the Valturi aswell....(dunno how to spell it)

my 2 cents...
and with that... comic book nerds everywhere win to twihards...

oh... and susans force discs....
sharper than a samurai sword... and forced through objects at 300 km's/ hour.

they can cut through steel!!! ^_^

bye bye granite!!!

the ninjak
God reading my previous posts in this thread....embarrassing.

Sue is the only chance this team gets in this fight. Her fields were strong enough to help keep up London's ferris wheel up but she had the teams help.
She contained a Supernova with much strain.

But the Cullens have a good chance at this.

Placidity
Originally posted by Blonde_Ambition
I'm not going to post a stupid smiley, because I don't want any twihards to lose their shit over my post on this thread...

There is a smiley in your post subject line.

first off, I'll state that Susans force fields have been known to shield her from the telepathic powers of jean grey and psilord. Both of which are about 500 times stronger than alice, jasper and edwards mind powers merged together.

Within 5 seconds? Amazing.

First off, you will notice this is the "Movie Vs" forum - this means we are using ONLY the movie version of Sue Storm.

Both of which are about 500 times stronger than alice, jasper and edwards mind powers merged together.

This is by far the most (and only) interesting thing you have said. I would love to see how you came to this conclusion that they are "about 500 times stronger".

secondly.. susan would hold an invisible shield around herself if she expected that kind of trouble... and since we've seen susan accomplish near impossible things using her force fields... I seriously doubt some punching vamps could take any of her shields down.

Near impossible things? What is considered near-impossible in a world of fiction. I would assume telepathy would be "near impossible" as well. I would like to know your criteria for fictional "near-impossibility".

example: Ultimatum comics- New York was hit by a tsunami, manhattan was submerged... Susan used her powers to push the water back into the ocean... (all the water... ALL of manhattan)

no possible argument any of you could summerize could lead to the defeat of the FF..

Well, except that all those arguments you made are for the comic version.

if needed, reed could design a space laser.. to wipe forks off the map entirely...could do the same to the Valturi aswell....(dunno how to spell it)

Except, there is no prep given in this scenario.

bye bye granite!!!

There's your second stupid smiley face.

jinXed by JaNx
fire...fire wins nothing more needs to be said

FrothByte

my 2 cents...
and with that... comic book nerds everywhere win to twihards...

oh... and susans force discs....
sharper than a samurai sword... and forced through objects at 300 km's/ hour.

bye bye granite!!!

This is movie version Sue we're talking about. You'll notice that movie version is a lot weaker than her comic version. She has never shown the ability to shield against telepaths in the movies.

Blonde_Ambition
Originally posted by FrothByte
This is movie version Sue we're talking about. You'll notice that movie version is a lot weaker than her comic version. She has never shown the ability to shield against telepaths in the movies.

OMG!! blonde moment!!
sorry guys...
if we're using the movie version.. then the cullens would destroy the fantastic four...

Utrigita
fire...fire wins nothing more needs to be said

My thoughts also.

Placidity
IIRC, fire only harms them if they are broken (some liquid flows out).

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Placidity

what about when their bones are burned to dust? confused

Impediment
Blonde Ambition is right about one thing:

Comic book Sue would solo with ease.

Utrigita

How about heat around 4000 Kelvin, did they show resistant to that as well, or have I missed something?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Utrigita
How about heat around 4000 Kelvin, did they show resistant to that as well, or have I missed something?

Johnny would refuse to use a Supernova in an open area.

Due to the fact that Reed told him such temperatures unenclosed could have disastrous results.

The Johnny in the movie universe doesn't have the experience that the comic version has.
Heck in the comic universe Johnny rarely used Supernova unless he knew there was no consequence.
Recently we've seen him use it over and over again in the Negative Zone whilst being a slave gladiator. He now knows the limits of his power now.

Movie Johnny doesn't want to destroy Forks.

Though he can keep to the air and zip around. This fight depends on the F4 keeping together with the knowledge the werewolves have supplied them on the Cullen's abilities and using that knowledge to their advantage.

The Cullens have Alice's precog. And Edwards telepathic advantage in battle.

The F4 obviously have a degree of prep due to the fact the wolves told them everything they know in order to kill the vamps.

The Thing is stronger than a Twivamp and we don't know if a vamps bite would even effect his rocky form.
We also don't know if the vamps can pierce Reed's elastic form. Heck he wrapped himself around London's Ferris Wheel and held on!

The OP states that the F4 members are ready whilst the Cullens come out to face their opponents. So no bullshit speedblitzing Sue before she hits the ground nonsense I've heard from people.

The problem with this fight is the F4 on film have only faced few opponents.-

-One was capable of defeating them one on one but not altogether.
-The others were godlike in ability.

The best we have to go off is them stopping the bridge and ferris wheel feats. Which the Cullens would've had no chance of stopping.
And the Cullens would've been unable to defeat Doom as well.

Utrigita

Due to the fact that Reed told him such temperatures unenclosed could have disastrous results.

And why would he refuse to use it in this scenario? He is fighting the Collins nothing is said about taking care of the earth or it's inhabitants, there isn't a ton of civilians around, and Johnny went supernova when Reed told him too, he will do so again. He goes Supernova and Sue contains it, difference would be that this time it's the Collins trapped inside not Doom. We can also do it the other way around Sue contains them and Johnny goes Supernova. Even then based on the movie Johnny need around 3000 kelvin just to archive flight, that is imo still hot enough to burn any Twilight vampire that touches him or gets near him to crisp.

the ninjak
And why would he refuse to use it in this scenario? He is fighting the Collins nothing is said about taking care of the earth or it's inhabitants, there isn't a ton of civilians around, and Johnny went supernova when Reed told him too, he will do so again. He goes Supernova and Sue contains it, difference would be that this time it's the Collins trapped inside not Doom. We can also do it the other way around Sue contains them and Johnny goes Supernova. Even then based on the movie Johnny need around 3000 kelvin just to archive flight, that is imo still hot enough to burn any Twilight vampire that touches him or gets near him to crisp.

Because the two times Johnny went Supernova was-

-In an enclosed environment that could scientifically contain the effects (but was failing).
-Was focused on Doom. Who stood still whilst Sue provided the protection (and she struggled).

7 or so Cullens, vamps who speedblitz around the environment won't be as easy to contain like Doom was. If Sue focuses on one or 2 vamps she is open to being speedblitzed by the rest.

Alice will see such a tactic before it happens and will tell her family to run apart as soon as possible.

Sue can only (in film) make force bubbles in singular selective areas.

Sue would better serve as a defensive character for her own team and more importantly...herself!

FrothByte

The Johnny in the movie universe doesn't have the experience that the comic version has.
Heck in the comic universe Johnny rarely used Supernova unless he knew there was no consequence.
Recently we've seen him use it over and over again in the Negative Zone whilst being a slave gladiator. He now knows the limits of his power now.

Movie Johnny doesn't want to destroy Forks.

Though he can keep to the air and zip around. This fight depends on the F4 keeping together with the knowledge the werewolves have supplied them on the Cullen's abilities and using that knowledge to their advantage.

The Cullens have Alice's precog. And Edwards telepathic advantage in battle.

The F4 obviously have a degree of prep due to the fact the wolves told them everything they know in order to kill the vamps.

The Thing is stronger than a Twivamp and we don't know if a vamps bite would even effect his rocky form.
We also don't know if the vamps can pierce Reed's elastic form. Heck he wrapped himself around London's Ferris Wheel and held on!

The OP states that the F4 members are ready whilst the Cullens come out to face their opponents. So no bullshit speedblitzing Sue before she hits the ground nonsense I've heard from people.

The problem with this fight is the F4 on film have only faced few opponents.-

-One was capable of defeating them one on one but not altogether.
-The others were godlike in ability.

The best we have to go off is them stopping the bridge and ferris wheel feats. Which the Cullens would've had no chance of stopping.
And the Cullens would've been unable to defeat Doom as well.

Problem with this is that even though the F4 have prep while the Twivamps don't, the vamps have Edward's telepathy and Alice's precog which means they should have at least an idea of what the f4 are capable of... so speed blitzing whomever they think the biggest threat is is still a plausible attack scenario. I'm also unsure on just how versatile Bella's shielding capabilities are, but they should also be taken into account here.

I agree that the Twivamps aren't as strong or tough as the Thing, but ALL of them are stronger and tougher than Reed, Sue, and Johnny. Plus the fact that they are ALL again incredibly fast... well as much as the fanboy in me wants to say F4 wins, I just don't see them beating the twivamps. Of course it's possible, but they're already outnumbered and their prep is negated by twivamp's telepathy and precog.

the ninjak
Problem with this is that even though the F4 have prep while the Twivamps don't, the vamps have Edward's telepathy and Alice's precog which means they should have at least an idea of what the f4 are capable of... so speed blitzing whomever they think the biggest threat is is still a plausible attack scenario. I'm also unsure on just how versatile Bella's shielding capabilities are, but they should also be taken into account here.

I agree that the Twivamps aren't as strong or tough as the Thing, but ALL of them are stronger and tougher than Reed, Sue, and Johnny. Plus the fact that they are ALL again incredibly fast... well as much as the fanboy in me wants to say F4 wins, I just don't see them beating the twivamps. Of course it's possible, but they're already outnumbered and their prep is negated by twivamp's telepathy and precog.

Agreed, the F4 are in trouble.

Though I don't believe Bella's abilities will have any effect on the F4.

jinXed by JaNx

doesn't matter, he can focus blast his heat, but ok...,he picks the stupid twinklers up and flies them into the sky and then goes supernova. what ever this debate is stupid. johnny just stays on fire and sits down...,twinklers can do nothing..,they get bored and go home. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Utrigita
Because the two times Johnny went Supernova was-

-In an enclosed environment that could scientifically contain the effects (but was failing).
-Was focused on Doom. Who stood still whilst Sue provided the protection (and she struggled).

7 or so Cullens, vamps who speedblitz around the environment won't be as easy to contain like Doom was. If Sue focuses on one or 2 vamps she is open to being speedblitzed by the rest.

Alice will see such a tactic before it happens and will tell her family to run apart as soon as possible.

Sue can only (in film) make force bubbles in singular selective areas.

Sue would better serve as a defensive character for her own team and more importantly...herself!

Johnny didn't go Supernova the first time he was approaching Supernova, which was the temperature of the sun, and if he reached that then it would be supernova according to Reed.

So the Twilight vampires will be approaching not in a line, but from multiple locations, making a contain on Sues part impossible?

And they will run Headfirst into Sues containment field, or as a alternative, Sue can Shield Ben and Reed while Johnny turns the entire battlefield into a blazing inferno.

True, but that doesn't mean she can't contain the vampires before they split. Alice precog allows her to see incidents a few seconds or something like that before it happens, and imo that isn't enough time to really capitalise on a AoE contain and attack.

And even then Johnny is still in flying mode operating around 3000 Kelvin more then enough to burn a vampire to ashes when he captures it.

FrothByte
doesn't matter, he can focus blast his heat, but ok...,he picks the stupid twinklers up and flies them into the sky and then goes supernova. what ever this debate is stupid. johnny just stays on fire and sits down...,twinklers can do nothing..,they get bored and go home. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He'd have to catch them first before he can fly them around. And if he just sits down... the vamps can throw rocks at him or hit him with trees.

FrothByte
Johnny didn't go Supernova the first time he was approaching Supernova, which was the temperature of the sun, and if he reached that then it would be supernova according to Reed.

So the Twilight vampires will be approaching not in a line, but from multiple locations, making a contain on Sues part impossible?

And they will run Headfirst into Sues containment field, or as a alternative, Sue can Shield Ben and Reed while Johnny turns the entire battlefield into a blazing inferno.

True, but that doesn't mean she can't contain the vampires before they split. Alice precog allows her to see incidents a few seconds or something like that before it happens, and imo that isn't enough time to really capitalise on a AoE contain and attack.

And even then Johnny is still in flying mode operating around 3000 Kelvin more then enough to burn a vampire to ashes when he captures it.

Alice's precog sometimes allows her to see things happen days in advance.

dadudemon

Months, actually. It becomes stronger (further in advance notice and clarity) if it involves someone she cares about (Cullen clan) and/or the parties involved have made up their mind that results in that vision. If people change their mind in a course of action they were going to take OR werewolves are directly involved, the vision changes or becomes clouded/obscured/nothing.

About the thread: Thing is about 1/4 to 1/8 as strong as a the average non-newborn vampire. His durability is just as high if not higher, however. I think he can put a crack in or even break a limb off. Thing just has to break put a crack in a vamps body and then Johnny just has to light it on fire. Bam, fight is over. I do not see the vampires tearing up Thing like the Vamps do to eachother: Thing is just more durable/less brittle.

The doc is useless. Susan won't be able to bust a blood vessel in any vamps brain because their hearts don't pump and Vamps have super regen. Her shields are also too weak to do much...she should just go invisible and have buttsecks with the Doc while Johnny and Thing take care of the vamps. (Johnny can stay in the air).

I think speed is the real problem, here: the vampires are just so much faster than Thing or any of the Fantastic 4. Sure, Johnny can fly fast but that is not the same thing as fighting that fast. So, I think I have to give it to the vampires on this one...but I don't know how they defeat Thing, yet. Wear him out? Maybe that's the only way is to wear him out.

Blonde_Ambition
Months, actually. It becomes stronger (further in advance notice and clarity) if it involves someone she cares about (Cullen clan) and/or the parties involved have made up their mind that results in that vision. If people change their mind in a course of action they were going to take OR werewolves are directly involved, the vision changes or becomes clouded/obscured/nothing.

About the thread: Thing is about 1/4 to 1/8 as strong as a the average non-newborn vampire. His durability is just as high if not higher, however. I think he can put a crack in or even break a limb off. Thing just has to break put a crack in a vamps body and then Johnny just has to light it on fire. Bam, fight is over. I do not see the vampires tearing up Thing like the Vamps do to eachother: Thing is just more durable/less brittle.

The doc is useless. Susan won't be able to bust a blood vessel in any vamps brain because their hearts don't pump and Vamps have super regen. Her shields are also too weak to do much...she should just go invisible and have buttsecks with the Doc while Johnny and Thing take care of the vamps. (Johnny can stay in the air).

I think speed is the real problem, here: the vampires are just so much faster than Thing or any of the Fantastic 4. Sure, Johnny can fly fast but that is not the same thing as fighting that fast. So, I think I have to give it to the vampires on this one...but I don't know how they defeat Thing, yet. Wear him out? Maybe that's the only way is to wear him out.

there isn't any way the vampires could win!! If you consider a volcano... the lava it produces is 700 to 1,200 °C.. there is nothing that can survive that kind of heat..

if you take that into consideration, johnny could fight the vampires single handedly... 4000 kelvin or 3726.85 degrees Celsius, would be hot enough to melt the vampires if they get close to him.. he'd just have to stand there and reach that temperature.. he could maintain that temp and walk through their ****ing house for gods sake... there's no way they could kill him... and even though many of your believe the vampires are immune to fire unless cut and decapetated you're pretty dense.. since there is nothing on this planet that can survive that kind of heat.. it's impossible.

dadudemon
if you take that into consideration, johnny could fight the vampires single handedly... 4000 kelvin or 3726.85 degrees Celsius, would be hot enough to melt the vampires if they get close to him..

Twivampires are biological entities. And when burned, they turn to charcoal: they don't melt. And the only reason they burn is their "blood" (called venom) is flammable. This is why I said a single crack should be enough to set the vamps ablaze.

Blonde_Ambition
Twivampires are biological entities. And when burned, they turn to charcoal: they don't melt.
pardon my words.. humans don't melt either... they just burn to a crisp.. but so would the vampires...

Blonde_Ambition
Twivampires are biological entities. And when burned, they turn to charcoal: they don't melt. And the only reason they burn is their "blood" (called venom) is flammable. This is why I said a single crack should be enough to set the vamps ablaze.
but seriously.. come on!!!
a crack?? an open wound... tell me then.. what about their mouths?? their nostrils and ear holes?? their dick holes and bum holes.. seriously.. that's all open and exposed...

Placidity
Do you want to get slapped Blonde Ambition?

FrothByte
a crack?? an open wound... tell me then.. what about their mouths?? their nostrils and ear holes?? their dick holes and bum holes.. seriously.. that's all open and exposed...

Ok let's put it this way, what's flammable in a vamp's body is it's blood (or in this case venom). Do we have blood in our mouths? Bum holes?

Besides, if Torch just stays in one place and heats up all the vamps need to do is throw rocks at him. Anyone that strong throwing rocks at you is sure to knock you out if not outright kill you.

Bella is a newborn, which makes her the strongest Cullen. I'd rate her even stronger than Thing.

Blonde_Ambition
Ok let's put it this way, what's flammable in a vamp's body is it's blood (or in this case venom). Do we have blood in our mouths? Bum holes?

Besides, if Torch just stays in one place and heats up all the vamps need to do is throw rocks at him. Anyone that strong throwing rocks at you is sure to knock you out if not outright kill you.

Bella is a newborn, which makes her the strongest Cullen. I'd rate her even stronger than Thing.

whatever.. clearly, due to the many many holes in the Twilight world and logic written by mayer, there is no way any marvel fan could win in this thread.. caio.

Blonde_Ambition
Do you want to get slapped Blonde Ambition?

Babe.. I don't get slapped.. I do the slapping.. wink
I have plenty of whips and lashes here.. pick your pleasure.. twit

Placidity
I will slap you in the mouth.

-Pr-
I didn't see anything that made me think that Bella could take on Thing...

Mindset
I will slap you in the mouth. thumb up

dadudemon

Nope, none of those will work. That's just not how it worked in the books or film. I could be a dick/douche and say the only way to defeat a vamp is to tear it apart, throw it in a pile, and set it on fire...because that was what was shown/how it read.

But I know from the books it was their "blood" that is flammable.

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
I didn't see anything that made me think that Bella could take on Thing...

The Vamps are in the 100+ class but in the low 100+ area.

Thing, from the movie, had trouble pulling a firetruck tanker from falling over the edge of a bridge. It would not require it actually be picked up over the head to pull it up from the edge like that...and those tankers weight 25-30 tons (not tonnes) (so it would have been pulling less than 25-30 tons).

That would be child's play for a Twivamp much less a newborn. So when I said in my post "1/4 to 1/8" the strength of a Twivamp, it was due to actual movie feats.

-Pr-
What in the movies made the vamps class 100?

dadudemon
What in the movies made the vamps class 100+?

Corrected. big grin

the ninjak

Alice sees the future years ahead at the end of the finale.
But with Esme's accelerated growth it could've been months.

-Pr-
Corrected. big grin

I was being generous with the 100 in the first place, tbh.

the ninjak

I don't see the twivamps being stronger than Ben.
Not like it matters much in this fight in the long run. I can't see him tagging one.
Unless Sue traps one in a force bubble.

But she has bigger fish to fry. She needs to protect the team.
Johnny flying and increasing his temperature enough to incinerate the forest isn't going to help considering the vamps can just run outside of the influence of the heat.

This fight is contradictory for the Cullens will know of the arrival long before the F4 arrive and would simply escape.
But considering the OP forces this fight into existence means the Cullens wish to converse with these well known celebrity heroes.

Johnny can be defeated in the air via having a rock thrown at him. And once he's down the others will have to either stay behind Sue's force bubble or venture out and try to fight these speed blitzers.

It's a waiting game for the Cullens know their environment. And are expert hunter/stalkers. They can wait the F4 out as they run circles around the environment.

Johnny isn't immune to having a constant barrage of rocks flying at his body.

jinXed by JaNx
He'd have to catch them first before he can fly them around. And if he just sits down... the vamps can throw rocks at him or hit him with trees.

he can fly they can't and the rocks and trees would burn before hitting him

juggerman
he can fly they can't and the rocks and trees would burn before hitting him

rocks......... would.......... burn......... confused

the ninjak
he can fly they can't and the rocks and trees would burn before hitting him Originally posted by juggerman
rocks......... would.......... burn......... confused

Through Johnny's skull. Or chest. Regardless it would be a sight to see.

-Pr-
I don't see the twivamps being stronger than Ben.
Not like it matters much in this fight in the long run. I can't see him tagging one.
Unless Sue traps one in a force bubble.

But she has bigger fish to fry. She needs to protect the team.
Johnny flying and increasing his temperature enough to incinerate the forest isn't going to help considering the vamps can just run outside of the influence of the heat.

This fight is contradictory for the Cullens will know of the arrival long before the F4 arrive and would simply escape.
But considering the OP forces this fight into existence means the Cullens wish to converse with these well known celebrity heroes.

Johnny can be defeated in the air via having a rock thrown at him. And once he's down the others will have to either stay behind Sue's force bubble or venture out and try to fight these speed blitzers.

It's a waiting game for the Cullens know their environment. And are expert hunter/stalkers. They can wait the F4 out as they run circles around the environment.

Johnny isn't immune to having a constant barrage of rocks flying at his body.

Not disputing most of that. Just curious about the strength thing.

the ninjak
Not disputing most of that. Just curious about the strength thing.

They ain't stronger than Ben. He held up up major bridge with help. And helped hold up the London Eye. Which weighs 2100 tonnes! And falling well you know the math. smile Reed helped along with Sue, but damn! The Twivamps wouldn't have been able to stop that baby from falling.

-Pr-
They ain't stronger than Ben. He held up up major bridge with help. And helped hold up the London Eye. Which weighs 2100 tonnes! And falling well you know the math. smile Reed helped along with Sue, but damn! The Twivamps wouldn't have been able to stop that baby from falling.

Yeah, that was why I was so curious.

dadudemon

The vampires are literally "thousands of times stronger than humans", to quote.

There is also the tree push over feat from Edward and, according to physics (based on a white-paper published to help excavators calculate what to use to uproot trees), puts his strength, after I have adjusted for the mechanical advantage his placement on the tree provides, at somewhere between 250 and 350 tonnes-force. Unadjusted it was closer to 450 tonne-force. Factors, such as the tree being alive, in frozen-wet dirt (which greatly increases the force required to horizontally uproot the tree), the mass of the tree, and the swiftness with-which Edward pushed over the tree (meaning, it wasn't max exertion and he could put out more force).

That puts Edward, an average to below-average strength vampire, at a low 100+ Class.

Mindset
Lol

Robtard
I'd like to see sparkleboy crush a Porsche into a ball in under 3-4 seconds. 150+ ton hydraulic car crushes can't do that that fast.

FrothByte
In the books (and if memory serves me right), Bella effortlessly crushed a boulder when she arm wrestled and slammed Emmet's hand on the rock they were fighting on.

But then again, that's book version so it doesn't count. Just thought I'd put that out there so we can get an idea of their strength range.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd like to see sparkleboy crush a Porsche into a ball in under 3-4 seconds. 150+ ton hydraulic car crushes can't do that that fast.

Imagine more than that amount of force being applied over a much smaller area and then you will understand why Bella thinks the vamps handle cars like styrofoam (they can tear up a car or throw it as though it were made of styrofoam).

But then again, that's book version so it doesn't count. Just thought I'd put that out there so we can get an idea of their strength range.

Which is why I recommend not putting Twivamps into the MvF: use the books as they are both more clear and don't water down the vampire abilities to cater to 13-year-old guilds.

FrothByte
Imagine more than that amount of force being applied over a much smaller area and then you will understand why Bella thinks the vamps handle cars like styrofoam (they can tear up a car or throw it as though it were made of styrofoam).

Which is why I recommend not putting Twivamps into the MvF: use the books as they are both more clear and don't water down the vampire abilities to cater to 13-year-old guilds.

It's hard to use Twivamps in MvF because the movies focused so much on their (ridiculous) love story and not enough on the fight scenes and special abilities. I mean, I guess in the books the love story was even cheesier, but at least it was able to properly expound on their abilities.

So yeah, I agree with you that Twivamps are hard to use for versus matches, especially since there's already a huge bias against them.

the ninjak
It's hard to use Twivamps in MvF because the movies focused so much on their (ridiculous) love story and not enough on the fight scenes and special abilities. I mean, I guess in the books the love story was even cheesier, but at least it was able to properly expound on their abilities.

So yeah, I agree with you that Twivamps are hard to use for versus matches, especially since there's already a huge bias against them.

Well written Frothbyte. I've gotten used to public hatred towards people, movies and views throughout the years. I remember when Pulp Fiction had a huge public resentment and viscious response amongst my local community. I'm not saying Twilight is Pulp Fiction, but when it becomes poplular amongst the collective public to hate something. I like to look into why they hate it so much.

What specifically in the novels did the vampires do featwise or was explained that put them above their movie counterparts?
I'm going to read the actual novels soon. But what in your personal experience are the points that the movies missed?

dadudemon
What specifically in the novels did the vampires do featwise or was explained that put them above their movie counterparts?
I'm going to read the actual novels soon. But what in your personal experience are the points that the movies missed?

The novels were irritating to read, at times. It is a tough read. But, also, they are much faster in the novels...which is the biggest difference. And there are clearer statements made about the Vamp's strength n'stuff.

FrothByte
Well written Frothbyte. I've gotten used to public hatred towards people, movies and views throughout the years. I remember when Pulp Fiction had a huge public resentment and viscious response amongst my local community. I'm not saying Twilight is Pulp Fiction, but when it becomes poplular amongst the collective public to hate something. I like to look into why they hate it so much.

Well I dislike Twilight, specifically the way they handle the love story. Funny thing is, I ended up picking up the books simply because I hated the movies. I thought to myself, if so many people (girls) like this story, then there must have been something in the books that made them interesting.

In any case, as much as I didn't like the story that much, I have to give credit where credit is due. Those vamps are seriously overpowered. And I believe people don't give them their due respect in versus forums.

As for feats that were in the book that weren't in the movie, I'll only list the few that I recall:

1. In the books, it's specifically shown how the werewolves actually have super speed as well. Enough for them to keep up with the vamps. It's also explained there hasn't been any known method to harm or even break through a vampire's skin, save for another vamp or the bite of a werewolf. In fact when I think about it, the wolves were very much watered down in the movies. They were much more powerful in the books... which should give you an indication of how powerful the vamps were since it usually takes a pack of wolves to bring down 1 vamp.

2. As I mentioned earlier, there's this feat of Bella crushing rock when she slammed Emmet's hand into it as they were arm wrestling.

3. Bella's shield effectively (and effortlessly) shielding her entire party from psychic attacks. I know it's not relevant to this thread but just wanted to point it out. In the movies she's shown as needing to focus her shield on someone to protect her/him.

4. Vamps having such fast and sensitive reflexes that they can drive at top speeds in their sports cars without even needing to look in front of them.

5. Scalpel couldn't cut through Bella's umbilical cord.

6. Edward effortlessly picking up the engine of a pickup truck.

7. I'm pretty sure somewhere in there was a feat of a vamp picking up and uprooting a tree.

If I remember anything else I'll get back to you.

dadudemon
lol, autocorrect corrected my typo from gurls to guilds.

FrothByte
The novels were irritating to read, at times. It is a tough read. But, also, they are much faster in the novels...which is the biggest difference. And there are clearer statements made about the Vamp's strength n'stuff.

The novels were... let's just say an "interesting" read. It falls into the "it's almost so bad it's good" category. The story or the writing itself isn't that bad, it's just that it's written from Bella's point of view and you get to see things through a whiny teenager girl's eyes: and at times that can prove so irritating I literally threw the book. The action scenes were also irritating, as Bella is normally either unconscious or not present during the fights so all she gets (and what you get) are second hand accounts of the fight. Plus you get the incredibly whiny and irritating Edward.

What saved the book for me was that Meyer has this admittedly great skill in creating tension. She writes it in such a way that she keeps the story dangling just in front of you such that you keep reading the damn book just to see how it would end. In fact, she creates tension so well that she's unable to match it with a proper climax, which is why all of the books were anti-climactic.

dadudemon
The novels were... let's just say an "interesting" read. It falls into the "it's almost so bad it's good" category.

For me it was so bad that it was horrible. I could hardly read some of the novels at times. I think at times, the second had the worst moments in it. I read it simply because I enjoyed the lore and some of the conflict...and also because I was the only person in my family that had no read it.

The story or the writing itself isn't that bad, it's just that it's written from Bella's point of view and you get to see things through a whiny teenager girl's eyes: and at times that can prove so irritating I literally threw the book.

haha! I was tempted...but never did. My problem was the prose...how the words were written and put together. It was stifling/irritating. I was okay with the mushy stuff. After reading the novels I posted up my thoughts and quoted specific sections that illustrated my point about the irritating prose.

What saved the book for me was that Meyer has this admittedly great skill in creating tension. She writes it in such a way that she keeps the story dangling just in front of you such that you keep reading the damn book just to see how it would end. In fact, she creates tension so well that she's unable to match it with a proper climax, which is why all of the books were anti-climactic.

I thought the last novel was decent enough. It was the best out of the 4. I mean...we all could see that Alice would come from South America with the full-grown half-breed to prove their point. But it was still decent. I was really interested in Benjamin's character/story, Aro's (and the ruling vamps), and the Romanian's back story.

Someone else that can actually write should write the story of the Romanian's getting overthrown by the Volturi. I'm a decent writer but my prose is not much better than Meyer's: I could not do it justice. We need someone that can actually write. There are a 2-3 people on KMC, alone, that are good writers that could do that back story justice.

Edit - To be on topic, the twilight vampires win because I forgot that the last movie showed their speed a bit more accurately. They can run quite quickly in the final film (similar to the Flash on that live action show...if any of you are old enough to remember that show).

-Pr-
The vampires are literally "thousands of times stronger than humans", to quote.

There is also the tree push over feat from Edward and, according to physics (based on a white-paper published to help excavators calculate what to use to uproot trees), puts his strength, after I have adjusted for the mechanical advantage his placement on the tree provides, at somewhere between 250 and 350 tonnes-force. Unadjusted it was closer to 450 tonne-force. Factors, such as the tree being alive, in frozen-wet dirt (which greatly increases the force required to horizontally uproot the tree), the mass of the tree, and the swiftness with-which Edward pushed over the tree (meaning, it wasn't max exertion and he could put out more force).

That puts Edward, an average to below-average strength vampire, at a low 100+ Class.

Pushing over a tree is more impressive than all of the things The Thing did in the movies? Really?

dadudemon
Pushing over a tree is more impressive than all of the things The Thing did in the movies? Really?

Fortunately or unfortunately: whatever you perspective.

Robtard

This was seen in the films?

Robtard

Bulldozer > The Thing

JHYU3yJo2RA

dadudemon
Bulldozer > The Thing

JHYU3yJo2RA

Tree<<<<<<<<<than the tree Edward pushed over. Too bad: you tried.

Also, as stated on screen in the first film, vamps are "thousands of times stronger than humans."

Too bad, you tried.

Robtard
Tree<<<<<<<<<than the tree Edward pushed over. Too bad: you tried.

Also, as stated on screen in the first film, vamps are "thousands of times stronger than humans."

Too bad, you tried.

LoL, no.

So? The Thing is easily "thousands of times stronger than humans". We know this from his greater than knocking down a tree feats.

Tried and killed it.

dadudemon
LoL, no.

So? The Thing is easily "thousands of times stronger than humans". We know this from his greater than knocking down a tree feats.

Tried and killed it.

Fail on all points. You just replied with a "no". Sorry, already been visited and used actual science and not a youtube video of a buldozer pushing over a skinny tree.

You'll have to do better than a "derp, no!" response.

Thing did not show himself to be thousands of times stronger than a human. He struggled with a Fire Turck tanker that weighed around 50 tons.

Pretend the average not modern male can lift 200 lbs over his head. 200*1000=200,000 lbs. That's 100 tons. So Thing is not even 1000 times stronger than a human much less thousands like Edward.

You tried...you really did. But you forgot that you can't do simple math.

Robtard
Fail on all points. You just replied with a "no". Sorry, already been visited and used actual science and not a youtube video of a buldozer pushing over a skinny tree.

You'll have to do better than a "derp, no!" response.

Thing did not show himself to be thousands of times stronger than a human. He struggled with a Fire Turck tanker that weighed around 50 tons.

Pretend the average not modern male can lift 200 lbs over his head. 200*1000=200,000 lbs. That's 100 tons. So Thing is not even 1000 times stronger than a human much less thousands like Edward.

You tried...you really did. But you forgot that you can't do simple math.

"Actual science". LoL.

You'll have to do better than just throwing around random numbers and hoping someone believes.

LoL. See: Rolling a car into a small ball in a few seconds. See: Supporting the Eye of London.

Stop downplaying The Thing.

To be fair, it wasn't really "trying", as basic logic dictates that The Thing's best feats > pushing a tree over. Sorry, maybe next time you'll be correct.

dadudemon
"Actual science". LoL.

Yeah...the white paper was quite clear and used...get this...real world measures to gather their data (a.k.a science (empirical methods)). Argue with it until you're blue in the face: it will not change the fact that you're spewing ignorance all over this thread.

Stop downplaying The Thing.

> Thinks downplaying is listing max-strain feats on a Firetruck Tanker which is nothing to scoff at.

lol. Try harder.

To be fair, it wasn't really "trying", as basic logic dictates that The Thing's best feats > pushing a tree over. Sorry, maybe next time you'll be correct.

"Argue with it until you're blue in the face: it will not change the fact that you're spewing ignorance all over this thread."

Just to make it more clear:

Edward's tree pushing feat >>>> Thing's Firetruck Tanker pulling feat in terms of force required to accomplish each task.

If you knew anything about physics, you could try to argue that the pavement and metal of the truck had a friction coefficient greater than 1. Obviously, I know differently, but if you made that argument, I would concede only on principal that someone tried to use more than bullshit to back their point up.

jaden101
Wouldn't the thing's best feat be holding up the London eye?

Mindset
Ddm didn't see the second movie.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101

It does have a mass a bit over 1000 tonnes. I'd have to watch the feat to get an idea of what is going on. I only saw the crap movie once.

Originally posted by Mindset
Ddm didn't see the second movie.

See above.

Mindset
Don't lie to me.

dadudemon
Someone find the clip, here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkelst_fantastic-four-rise-of-the-silver-surfer-06-watch32-com_people#.UXM_nrVOQpl

-Pr-
Wait; on this forum, do statements carry as much weight as actual feats?

Mindset
No.

dadudemon
Wait; on this forum, do statements carry as much weight as actual feats?

As in anything, only if they are not boasting and come from credible sources.

For example, Edward Cullen stating that Carlisle is probably the most knowledgeable/educated person on the planet is not boasting or hyperbole because Carlisle does nothing but study all day when he is not working (Edward was making this statement when Bella was wondering if Edward was the most educated person on the planet due to how much reading Edward did. Edward said something toe the effect of Carlisle being more educated).

An example of exaggerated claims or boasting would be something like Dr. Doom saying he will "kill them all."

-Pr-
So you don't think that saying "thousands of times stronger than humans" could be seen as both vague and possibly hyperbolic?

Mindset
As in anything, only if they are not boasting and come from credible sources.

For example, Edward Cullen stating that Carlisle is probably the most knowledgeable/educated person on the planet is not boasting or hyperbole because Carlisle does nothing but study all day when he is not working (Edward was making this statement when Bella was wondering if Edward was the most educated person on the planet due to how much reading Edward did. Edward said something toe the effect of Carlisle being more educated).

An example of exaggerated claims or boasting would be something like Dr. Doom saying he will "kill them all." Edward is an idiot though.

dadudemon
So you don't think that saying "thousands of times stronger than humans" could be seen as both vague and possibly hyperbolic?

Since the physics worked out to support that statement, I have no doubt that the statement is true.

dadudemon
Edward is an idiot though.

Yeah, he acts like a 17-year old boy, sometimes.

Oh, wait, that's because he's frozen in time with the mind of a 17-year old boy. smile

Robtard
Yeah...the white paper was quite clear and used...get this...real world measures to gather their data (a.k.a science (empirical methods)). Argue with it until you're blue in the face: it will not change the fact that you're spewing ignorance all over this thread.

> Thinks downplaying is listing max-strain feats on a Firetruck Tanker which is nothing to scoff at.

lol. Try harder.

"Argue with it until you're blue in the face: it will not change the fact that you're spewing ignorance all over this thread."

Just to make it more clear:

Edward's tree pushing feat >>>> Thing's Firetruck Tanker pulling feat in terms of force required to accomplish each task.

If you knew anything about physics, you could try to argue that the pavement and metal of the truck had a friction coefficient greater than 1. Obviously, I know differently, but if you made that argument, I would concede only on principal that someone tried to use more than bullshit to back their point up.

Says the guy throwing around nonsense and claiming "science".

No need to try harder, killed it already and continue to.

Just to be clear, you're still downplaying The Thing, since once again you ignore The Thing's greatest feats and and try to make pulling a fire truck as his best. It isn't. So LoL, again.

Still throwing around nonsense as a diversion. No one cares about the fire truck.

-Pr-
Since the physics worked out to support that statement, I have no doubt that the statement is true.

I'm not really sure that they do, or at the very least, if they did, I don't see how that tree feat eclipses Thing's best feats in the movies.

Mindset
Yeah, he acts like a 17-year old boy, sometimes.

Oh, wait, that's because he's frozen in time with the mind of a 17-year old boy. smile Right, so he's an idiot.

dadudemon
Right, so he's an idiot.

No, the opposite is true but he is more impulsive than, say, a 50-year old man, because he is stuck with the neurological configuration of the brain of a 17-year-old boy.

dadudemon
I'm not really sure that they do,

That level of surety is unnecesary.

...or at the very least, if they did, I don't see how that tree feat eclipses Thing's best feats in the movies.

I agree: I'd have to watch 2, again, to see how Thing messed around with the London Eye. I was basing my high-end feat off of Thing struggling to pull the Firetruck tanker.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jaden101

I'm pretty sure Thing didn't hold that up by himself. He was assisted in no small amount by Sue and Reed. And they didn't support the ENTIRE weight of the thing, as it was only starting to lean over and not completely toppled over yet.

Robtard
I'm pretty sure Thing didn't hold that up by himself. He was assisted in no small amount by Sue and Reed. And they didn't support the ENTIRE weight of the thing, as it was only starting to lean over and not completely toppled over yet.

Sue and Reed where keeping it from toppling forward and Ben(00:13-00:14) was pushing it up (supporting) from crashes into the floor.

pJ8dpEXS3OM

The wheel had broken free and Ben was on the ground supporting its weight. Not sure how much of the 2100 tons the wheel portion is, but I suspect it's considerable.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5228/wheelbroken.png

edit: Seems the wheel and capsules is the 2100 tonnes of weight: http://www.londoneye.com/AboutUs/InterestingFacts/Default.aspx

dadudemon

I was wanting them to post up the video and admit to that. You ruined my fun. sad

Sue and Reed where keeping it from toppling forward and Ben(00:13-00:14) was pushing it up (supporting) from crashes into the floor.

pJ8dpEXS3OM

The wheel had broken free and Ben was on the ground supporting its weight. Not sure how much of the 2100 tons the wheel portion is, but I suspect it's considerable.

edit: Seems the wheel and capsules is the 2100 tonnes of weight: http://www.londoneye.com/AboutUs/InterestingFacts/Default.aspx

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2234450/83239241.gif

Answer: Sue and/or Reed were the ones applying the most force, here. My bet would be on Reed. It would appear Reed's elastic "hold" is quite strong. He even put Ben in a full-nelson and it appear to hold him.

But, no, it was barely leaning so it is a small fraction of it's full mass. Add at that, Reed and Susan were also helping so that's about a 1/3 of that small fraction. That's being generous as I think Reed was the one supplying the most supportive force.

Mindset
Based on math and science, Thing is 100 times stronger than the vampires.

dadudemon
Based on math and science, Thing is 100 times stronger than the vampires.

U mad. http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/happy-grin-l.png

Mindset
About what?

dadudemon
About what?

This is the part where we touch the tips of our weenarz together.

Mindset
You had me at touch.

Queer.

Robtard

Answer: Sue and/or Reed were the ones applying the most force, here. My bet would be on Reed. It would appear Reed's elastic "hold" is quite strong. He even put Ben in a full-nelson and it appear to hold him.

But, no, it was barely leaning so it is a small fraction of it's full mass. Add at that, Reed and Susan were also helping so that's about a 1/3 of that small fraction. That's being generous as I think Reed was the one supplying the most supportive force.

You're downplaying The Thing again. Sue and Reed where keeping it from tipping over. Ben was keeping it from crashing down into the ground, he was supporting are large portion of its weight. Watch the vid, we see him physically press it upward.

LoL. It had completely broken free from the pinion, look at the still I captured again, I circled the important bits in red, so all it's mass was on them.

Here, I did a rudimentary illustration for you:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/234/superscience1.png

My science > your science.

Nibedicus
I don't get where you got "100 tons" from the tree pushing "feat". At most, I'd put that at 5, MAYBE 10 tons tops.

dadudemon
You're downplaying The Thing again. Sue and Reed where keeping it from tipping over. Ben was keeping it from crashing down into the ground, he was supporting are large portion of its weight. Watch the vid, we see him physically press it upward.

LoL. It had completely broken free from the pinion, look at the still I captured above again, I circled the important bits in red, so all it's mass was on them.

Here, I did a rudimentary illustration for you:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/234/superscience1.png

My science > your science.

Holy shit, you're reaching so much that you've reached into the realm of making shit up about that feat just to be right.

Get this: it wasn't the feat you thought it was. No amount of making shit up will make you right. You failed. You remembered wrong. Get over it. smile

Originally posted by Nibedicus
I don't get where you got "100 tons" from the tree pushing "feat". At most, I'd put that at 5, MAYBE 10 tons tops.

Correction:

350-450 tonne-force.

And it came from an actual scientific publication on vertical and horizontal uprooting of trees. Ignore science all you want: doesn't go away.

Nibedicus
Correction:

350-450 tonne-force.

And it came from an actual scientific publication on vertical and horizontal uprooting of trees. Ignore science all you want: doesn't go away.

Don't be so defensive. I was simply asking where your sources are and if it would be possible to link it.

Robtard
Holy shit, you're reaching so much that you've reached into the realm of making shit up about that feat just to be right.

Get this: it wasn't the feat you thought it was. No amount of making shit up will make you right. You failed. You remembered wrong. Get over it. smile

Dodge.

LoL. Downplay.

Film proves you wrong:
pJ8dpEXS3OM

Still capture proves you wrong:

Science proves you wrong:

Mindset
Johnny solos, why does it matter?

dadudemon
Don't be so defensive. I was simply asking where your sources are and if it would be possible to link it.

Correcting you is not being defensive. Don't so sensitive. You did not ask for sources.

Dodge.

LoL. Downplay.

Film proves you wrong:
pJ8dpEXS3OM

Still capture proves you wrong:

Science proves you wrong:

Regurgitated argument: has already been countered. Ignored.

Robtard

Regurgitated argument: has already been countered. Ignored.

Regurgitated dodge and false claims of countering as your previous reply was just a "derp, no!" type of response.

dadudemon
Regurgitated dodge and false claims of countering as your previous reply was just a "derp, no!" type of response.

Cool story, bro. Done posturing? smile

You do know that I say the Fantastic 4 win, right?

They just sit in Susan Storm's shield which should be able to stand up to Vamps (she has an uber shield resistance feat that showed her upper limit....should easily stand up to vamp punches). From there, Johnny Storm can take them out from the air and the vamps have no way of harming Thing.

So Sue and Reed make the love behind her shield while Johnny and Thing take out the vamps.

Nibedicus
Correcting you is not being defensive. Don't so sensitive. You did not ask for sources.

Sigh. Not gonna play this game with you so let me rephrase.

Can you link/post sources of your "science" pls?

Better?

dadudemon
Sigh. Not gonna play this game with you so let me rephrase.

Can you link/post sources of your "science" pls?

Better?

No: search KMC and find it. smile

juggerman
Cool story, bro. Done posturing? smile

You do know that I say the Fantastic 4 win, right?

Edit - To be on topic, the twilight vampires win because I forgot that the last movie showed their speed a bit more accurately. They can run quite quickly in the final film (similar to the Flash on that live action show...if any of you are old enough to remember that show).

Me confused confused

Nibedicus
No: search KMC and find it. smile

There's an actual thread here about someone making calculations verifying your "science"? Or was your prior post where you threw around vague numbers it?

dadudemon
Originally posted by juggerman
Me confused confused

See the newer post for why...you know...the same exact post you quoted.

There's an actual thread here about someone making calculations verifying your "science"? Or was your prior post where you threw around vague numbers it?

No. The discussion has already been had and that post of mine contained the references. If you just spent a tiny bit of time actually searching instead of posting, you would have found it already. Even if you don't find the original discussion in the MvF, I don't care.

Lestov16
DDM, Johnny goes Supernova and kills them all. The end.

Weren't the vamps falling into lava during the battle in BD2? If that killed them, they are utterly phucked here.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>