Royce (Predators)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/88/Predators11a.jpg/600px-Predators11a.jpg
Adrien Brody as Royce.

Royce was just a former soldier-turned-mercenary just minding his own business when the last thing he remembers is a beam of light. When he comes to, he is in free-fall, dumped into an unknown jungle.

But he is not alone.

Along for the ride is Mexican drug cartel enforcer Cuchillo (Danny Trejo), IDF sniper Isabelle (Alice Braga), the Gatling Gun-wielding Russian Spetsnaz soldier Nikolai (Oleg Taktarov), RUF death squad officer Mombasa (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali - Richard Tyler from The 4400), convicted Death Row inmate Stans (Walton Goggins), the Yakuza assassin Hanzo (Loius Ozawa Changchien), and physician Edwin (Topher Grace) who is in truth, a serial killer.

Quoting Rufus Shinra, "What a crew."

I hate to admit it, but Royce did a lot better than Dutch in the first Predator flick. So I gotta give respect where it's due. Especially that Royce pwned Mr. Black, the lead Super Predator, whereas Dutch got his ass kicked by the classic one.

Furthermore, I'm surprised to see Adrien Brody do an action flick. But he pulled it off real nice. The rest of the crew also got their moments as well.

For that, Royce gets mad props.

Trivia: Classic Predator in the movie is played by Derek Mears, better known as Jason Voorhees in 2009 reboot of Friday the 13th.

BruceSkywalker
Royce was off the hook

Kazenji
The Prequel comic with Royce in it a good read shows you why he got chosen.

Robtard
Royce, he never raped anybody, respect.

Sadako of Girth
LOL Not even a 5 O'clock

Double respect.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Prequel comic with Royce in it a good read shows you why he got chosen.

I hate when they do that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Nuul
I hate when they do that.

Don't knock it until you've read it its a good read.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
LOL Not even a 5 O'clock

Double respect.

He could also in all likelihood, please a woman with his massive nose. That's gotta add cool-points.

majid86
Royce is f*ck all compared to Dutch

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but like Robtard says: Dutch cant do that nose thing, man.

Counts for lot.

Dutch wouldn't have lasted for 10 seasons like that dude who claimed that he knew where predator and human folk were cause he could smell them.

The schnoz clearly was key there.

This is a soldier who's arrival must be truly feared at coke parties..... shifty

majid86
Dutch is still better

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

This is a soldier who's arrival must be truly feared at coke parties..... shifty

I can see it now, the mad scramble to scrap the coke off the table and back into the baggy, as they see Royce's car pull up the drive-way.

Sadako of Girth
LOLZ The panic in the air....grown men pissing/shitting themselves with fear as they realise even from the driveway he could clean them out.......

Robtard
"Hurry up, Dave! Faster, faster, the nose knows!"

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Robtard
I can see it now, the mad scramble to scrap the coke off the table and back into the baggy, as they see Royce's car pull up the drive-way.

"Shit! Royce is coming! Chi-Chi! Chi-Chi! Hide the yeyo!"

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

Royce's nose is the true point of gravity that the moon rotates around.

Scythe
F*ckin' A. Brody!

Kazenji
Gonna have to check out this movie on DVD now damn local cinema has taken it off.

Rogue Jedi
I got one thing to say to Royce:

6lPl5CRW7jg

RE: Blaxican
That's like 600 things. I approve of your post though. Dope video

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I got one thing to say to Royce:

Don't know man, it can be argued that Royce did better with the cards he was dealt.

-Royce had 3 super-predators(plus the dogs) stalking him. Dutch had 1 regular.

-Royce's hunter seemed to have no problem killing lesser/unarmed foes. Dutch's had the honor code.

-Royce was on an alien world. Dutch was in Guatemala.

-Both had about equal sized teams. Dutch's team were all elite forces and trained to work with each other. Royce was stuck with a mixed group, some elites, some not. All strangers.

mmm

Rogue Jedi
Don't know man, it can be argued that Royce did better with the cards he was dealt.

-Royce had 3 super-predators(plus the dogs) stalking him. Dutch had 1 regular.

-Royce's hunter seemed to have no problem killing lesser/unarmed foes. Dutch's had the honor code.

-Both had about equal sized teams. Dutch's team were all elite forces and trained to work with each other. Royce was stuck with a mixed group, some elites, some not. All strangers.

Royce was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to gain intel on the Predators. The first encounter where he yells "run", having Isabelle along with her knowledge of them, and what Noland told him. This was key. Plus, when it came to killing time, Royce always had help. Hanzo gave himself up to save them. Then Nikolai blew the second one up. Then Stans shanked the third Predator allowing Royce and the others to escape. Then, right before the third Predator killed Royce, Isabelle shot him.

Dutch? He figured shit out on the fly. And when it came time to fight/kill, he did it all alone.

Snafu the Great
That and the Classic Predator hunted by its honor code. The Super Predators doesn't. Mr. Black and his buddies took the Predator Honor Code and tossed it out the window.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
mmm

My point was, Dutch likely had experience fighting in his environment already(or similar), being an elite back-ops guy.

Royce had to deal with an alien environment, couldn't even use the sun for positioning/time tracking.

Robtard
Royce was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to gain intel on the Predators. The first encounter where he yells "run", having Isabelle along with her knowledge of them, and what Noland told him. This was key. Plus, when it came to killing time, Royce always had help. Hanzo gave himself up to save them. Then Nikolai blew the second one up. Then Stans shanked the third Predator allowing Royce and the others to escape. Then, right before the third Predator killed Royce, Isabelle shot him.

Dutch? He figured shit out on the fly. And when it came time to fight/kill, he did it all alone.

While true, he still figured shit out all by himself and appeared to be more competent than Dutch taking in his opponent(s).

The super-Predator Royce killed (with some help) was still considerably above the Predator Dutch killed. Regular Predator also gave up its weapons to fight Dutch, the super-Predator had no such leniency when fighting Royce.

Rogue Jedi
Royce still had help though, while Dutch never had help.

Robtard
Royce still had help though, while Dutch never had help.

Yes, we've covered that; you're not looking at the bigger picture. Dutch would have been dead if the Predator had been like the super-Predator, it had him and could have killed him. But it wanted honor and decided to drop its weapons/gear and face Dutch H2H.

In the end, Royce fought and defeated a tougher opponent (yes, with a bit of help).

Rogue Jedi
Yes, we've covered that; you're not looking at the bigger picture. Dutch would have been dead if the Predator had been like the super-Predator, it had him and could have killed him. But it wanted honor and decided to drop its weapons/gear and face Dutch H2H.

In the end, Royce fought and defeated a tougher opponent (yes, with a bit of help).

Dutch faced his Predator alone. He killed it alone, with no help.

Royce was finished. The Predator was going to decap him, then Isabelle shot it. Besides, it was already wounded by Stans.

Dutch: One on one. Royce: Two on one. Dutch did better. And no, the deadfall booby trap would have ended the Super Predator just fine.

Royce was finished. The Predator was going to decap him, then Isabelle shot it. Besides, it was already wounded by Stans.

Dutch: One on one. Royce: Two on one. Dutch did better. And no, the deadfall booby trap would have ended the Super Predator just fine.

Dutch didn't do better because the only reason he won was because the Predator handicapped itself. Your argument's the equivalent of saying that beating present day alzheimers Muhammed Ali in a one on one boxing match is more impressive than two men beating Muhammed Ali in his prime in a boxing match.

Snafu the Great
Dutch didn't actually kill the Jungle Hunter. He mortally wounded it by dropping a giant log on him. Pred wanted to die with his honor intact and thus triggered the self-destruct on his wrist. So technically, Pred killed himself.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
Dutch didn't actually kill the Jungle Hunter. He mortally wounded it by dropping a giant log on him. Pred wanted to die with his honor intact and thus triggered the self-destruct on his wrist. So technically, Pred killed himself.

No. Dutch had a rock raised over his head and was going to crush the Predator's head, but showed mercy when he saw it crippled and coughing up blood. He could have easily killed it. Royce? He was about to die when Isabelle intervened and shot the Predator. Had she not shot it, Royce was dead meat.

Dutch didn't do better because the only reason he won was because the Predator handicapped itself. Your argument's the equivalent of saying that beating present day alzheimers Muhammed Ali in a one on one boxing match is more impressive than two men beating Muhammed Ali in his prime in a boxing match. Let's keep this simple......If Isabelle hadn't shot the Predator, would Royce have won?

No. I rest my case.

Let's keep this simple......If Isabelle hadn't shot the Predator, would Royce have won?

No. I rest my case.

If the Predator fighting Dutch hadn't gone easy on him and not killed him the multiple times it had the chance to out of honor, would Dutch have won?

I rest my case. no expression

Rogue Jedi
If the Predator fighting Dutch hadn't gone easy on him and not killed him the multiple times it had the chance to out of honor, would Dutch have won?

I rest my case. no expression

OK, how many opportunities did the SuperPred have to kill Royce? I mean dead to rights, Royce was gonna die?

What difference does it make? Neither of the characters would have survived even ten minutes with their respective predators if the creatures had decided to not bullshit around and just kill them. If either of the characters were so badass that they could have killed the Predator without nearly being killed themselves, or if the Predators had just outright killed them, the movies would never have had any any suspense.

Rogue Jedi
What difference does it make? Neither of the characters would have survived even ten minutes with their respective predators if the creatures had decided to not bullshit around and just kill them. If either of the characters were so badass that they could have killed the Predator without nearly being killed themselves, or if the Predators had just outright killed them, the movies would never have had any any suspense. Just answer the question. I remember twice.

First time was when they exit the ship after Nikolai blew up the first Pred. Second was when Isabelle shot the Super Pred.

Also, you JUST said it:

What difference does it make? Neither of the characters would have survived even ten minutes with their respective predators if the creatures had decided to not bullshit around and just kill them.

Yes, the Preds coulda done that. Wanna know the difference between Dutch and Royce? Dutch faced down his Predator alone and killed it, with absolutely zero help. Royce? He had help from Isabelle. Dutch, 1 on 1. Royce? 2 on 1.

Hell, if Stans hadn't shanked the Super Pred, Royce was gonna die. And if Hanzo hadn't decided to face the second Pred alone, Royce would have been killed. Royce had all the help in the world while Dutch had literally no help.

See?

Wanna know the difference between Dutch and Royce? Dutch faced down his Predator alone and killed it, with absolutely zero help. Royce? He had help from Isabelle. Dutch, 1 on 1. Royce? 2 on 1.

Dutch's Predator also wasn't trying to kill him, like Royce's was. You have no proof that Dutch could have lasted longer than 20 seconds against his Predator if it had said screw the code and gone for the kill like Royce's had.

Hell if you want to sit there and count, the Predator could have simply bown his head off when it was down to just him and the girl and the white guy, after Billy died; but it targeted the white guy instead. If Billy hadn't of sacrificed himself it would have caught up sooner and he'd of been dead then too. There's tons of times that Dutch could of died, would of died, if he'd been alone, but he didn't because everyone else died first out of chance. And he would have been dead when it was down to him and the Predator 1 on 1 if the Predator didn't decide to pause the action and do some honor shit for whatever reason. He had Dutch up against a tree dead to rights but didn't kill him, not because he was unable too.

Rogue Jedi
Dutch's Predator also wasn't trying to kill him, like Royce's was. You have no proof that Dutch could have lasted longer than 20 seconds against his Predator if it had said screw the code and gone for the kill like Royce's had.

Hell if you want to sit there and count, the Predator could have simply bown his head off when it was down to just him and the girl and the white guy, after Billy died; but it targeted the white guy instead. If Billy hadn't of sacrificed himself it would have caught up sooner and he'd of been dead then too. There's tons of times that Dutch could of died, would of died, if he'd been alone, but he didn't because everyone else died first out of chance. And he would have been dead when it was down to him and the Predator 1 on 1 if the Predator didn't decide to pause the action and do some honor shit for whatever reason. He had Dutch up against a tree dead to rights but didn't kill him, not because he was unable too.
No one, not even Rambo or Riddick, would last 20 seconds if the Predators decided to kill without honor.

My point is that when it came time to get up close and personal, Royce had help. Dutch had none.

When the Super Pred had Royce dead to rights, both times, Royce was saved by someone from his team. When Dutch's Predator had him dead to rights, Dutch lived because the Predator decided to let him live.

Think of the two instances when Dutch and Royce were helpless to prevent their respective Predators from driving their blades home. Royce relied on a distraction from Isabelle to drive home the killing blow. Dutch relied on himself.

Why aren't you getting it?

What I don't understand is why that somehow counts as a + for Dutch and a - for Royce. How is surviving against someone who isn't trying to kill you more impressive than two people beating someone who is going through every length to kill them? That's like saying me beating a champion boxer who is tied up to a chair, in a 1 on 1 fight, is more impressive than two people beating Bruce Lee in a fight.

Rogue Jedi
Ok......You remember what happened to Dutch from:

Point A: Poncho being killed

to

Point B: The Predator blowing itself up.

Right? Dutch evaded the Predator, discovered it's thermal vision, hid in the jungle, fashioned a bow and explosive arrows, made a booby trap, stalked the Predator, crippled it's cloaking device, injured it with his arrows, ran again from it, tried tricking it into the booby trap, failed, improvised, crushed it with the deadfall.

He did all this alone, with no backup.

Ask yourself this.....What's more impressive? One guy KOing Tyson in his prime, or two guys KOing Tyson in his prime?

Robtard

Dutch was finished too, the Predator didn't end him when it could have in lieu of letting him live, dropping it's weapons/gear and fighting him H2H. In short, the Predator helped Dutch by gimping itself due to its honor-code, something that last super-Predator didn't have.

Dutch would have never trapped the super-Predator in the dead-fall, as it would have killed him instead of dropping its gear in the previous scene. See. One comes before the other.

And as stated, the super-Predator is a far tougher opponent overall.

Rogue Jedi
They were both done, dude. WTF is wrong with you? All that matters is Royce had help, had people saving his skinny ass left and right. All Dutch had was Dutch.

Dutch did better.

Robtard
They were both done, dude. WTF is wrong with you? All that matters is Royce had help, had people saving his skinny ass left and right. All Dutch had was Dutch.

Dutch did better.

Dutch had an easier opponent that let him live when it could have easily killed him and to top it off, that same opponent then willfully dropped all its weapons gear in order to give Dutch a better fighting chance. So WTF is wrong with you? <--- don't answer that, I already know; it's rhetorical.

Dutch did better against a weaker and more lenient opponent(remember what the super-Predator did the the regualr Predator, yeah?). Though the "better" isn't all that much, as Royce killed opponent in a face to face fight, Dutch laid a clever trap.

Rogue Jedi
Dutch had an easier opponent that let him live when it could have easily killed him and to top it off, that same opponent then willfully dropped all its weapons gear in order to give Dutch a better fighting chance. So WTF is wrong with you? <--- don't answer that, I already know; it's rhetorical.

Dutch did better against a weaker and more lenient opponent(remember what the super-Predator did the the regualr Predator, yeah?). Though the "better" isn't all that much, as Royce killed opponent in a face to face fight, Dutch laid a clever trap.

Mhm, Dutch's Predator let him live. Royce was saved twice by Stans and Isabelle. Those facts kinda nullify each other. If Dutch's Predator had decided to kill him when he had him by the neck, it could have. This is old news. Here's new news: Royce's Predator would have killed him because he knew he was facing three humans, not one. If Dillon and Mac were still in the mix when the Predator had Dutch against the tree, it would have killed Dutch quickly, then dealt with Dillon and Mac.

The Predator has a tendency to face someone with honor one on one (Dutch vs. Predator, Hanzo vs. Predator, Billy vs. Predator.) Both Predators assumed they had their prey (Dutch and Royce) one on one. The difference between Dutch and Royce is that Dutch, when one on one with the Predator, had only himself. Royce? He relied on someone else saving him (Isabelle.) If Isabelle hadn't come to, Royce would have been skewered.

Also, Dutch did not have the luxury of having extensive intel on his opponent, this is more valuable than you think. Read on:

The Predators cloaking device: Royce was told of this by Isabelle. Dutch found out on his own.

The Predators thermal imaging: Royce was told this by Noland. Dutch found out on his own.

The Predators superior strength: Royce was told this by Noland (I think). Dutch found out on his own.

Bottom line: Have them switch places and Royce dies horribly, while Dutch beats the SuperPred easily.

Robtard
Stan saved Royce from the wrist-fighter Predator, not the main one(the one we're comparing against) iirc. If you want to bring them in sure, Royce was saved; his crappier team was also facing three opponents, not one like Dutch's.

You're assuming the Predator would have done this or that, really depends if Dillion or Mac still had weapons or not and what fighting condition they were in. It could have just as easily decided to curb-stomp the three of them barehanded, if they were out of ammo themselves, as it doesn't shoot unarmed opponents.

Super-Predators varied, the main one didn't have this honor code, as it had no problem skewering a downed and dying man. The one the Russian blew the **** up was about to slice apart Topher, who by all accounts appeared defenseless/useless.While his was Dutch's opponent.

What was the intel she gave him exactly? She didn't tell him all that much, dude. He deduced a good amount of it himself after setting up the trap and using the African as bait, ie the fact that there were three opponents hunting them, they used both projectile and energy weapons, they were far larger and stronger, was all him after that initial setup.

Dutch had a little bit of help too from the Guatemalan woman, she hinted that in was invisible. Prettu sure Dutch found about the cloaking ability after he saw it and he had the luxury of having his opponents cloaking

Bottom line, wtf? Dutch wouldn't have sacrificed a member of his team to gather intel, that would have seriously gimped him.

Rogue Jedi
Stan saved Royce from the wrist-fighter Predator, not the main one(the one we're comparing against) iirc. If you want to bring them in sure, Royce was saved; his crappier team was also facing three opponents, not one like Dutch's.

You're assuming the Predator would have done this or that, really depends if Dillion or Mac still had weapons or not and what fighting condition they were in. It could have just as easily decided to curb-stomp the three of them barehanded, if they were out of ammo themselves, as it doesn't shoot unarmed opponents.

Super-Predators varied, the main one didn't have this honor code, as it had no problem skewering a downed and dying man. The one the Russian blew the **** up was about to slice apart Topher, who by all accounts appeared defenseless/useless.While his was Dutch's opponent.

What was the intel she gave him exactly? She didn't tell him all that much, dude. He deduced a good amount of it himself after setting up the trap and using the African as bait, ie the fact that there were three opponents hunting them, they used both projectile and energy weapons, they were far larger and stronger, was all him after that initial setup.

Dutch had a little bit of help too from the Guatemalan woman, she hinted that in was invisible. Prettu sure Dutch found about the cloaking ability after he saw it and he had the luxury of having his opponents cloaking

Wait, I'm confused....The first Predator was blown up by Nikolai, the second by Hanzo, the third by Royce.

Now, the one that Stans shanked, was that the SuperPred, or the one that Hanzo killed?

And no, Anna told Dutch myths and legends. Isabelle/Noland gave Royce hard core intel. So in a roundabout way, Dutch helped Royce win wink

Robtard
Wait, I'm confused....The first Predator was blown up by Nikolai, the second by Hanzo, the third by Royce.

Now, the one that Stans shanked, was that the SuperPred, or the one that Hanzo killed?

And no, Anna told Dutch myths and legends. Isabelle/Noland gave Royce hard core intel. So in a roundabout way, Dutch helped Royce win wink

I thought it was the one Hanzo killed. Could be wrong, might have been the main/last one.

The only thing Dutch deduced himself was the thermal vision due to the mud. Put Royce in the same scene, he comes to the same conclusion, he was far from being a dumb-ass.

Rogue Jedi
I thought it was the one Hanzo killed. Could be wrong, might have been the main/last one.

The only thing Dutch deduced himself was the thermal vision due to the mud. Put Royce in the same scene, he comes to the same conclusion, he was far from being a dumb-ass.

It was the SuperPred I think.

Right. Dutch figured it out on his own. Royce didn't. Doesn't matter what you think Royce could have done, he didn't do it. Saying that Royce could have repeated Dutch's feat is speculation.

Put Royce in that same scene and we don't know what he'd do.

Robtard
Considering what Royce was shown to be capable of and how battle-intelligent he was, it's not beyond reason. Dude clearly knew his shit.

Arnold was spent and resorted to hiding; when the Predator looked straight at him and didn't notice him, he figured out the thermal. Not some stroke of sheer genius, that.

Don't get me wrong, at no time here am I implying Dutch is shit, just that Royce had a harder challenge and tougher opponents.

Rogue Jedi
Considering what Royce was shown to be capable of and how battle-intelligent he was, it's not beyond reason. Dude clearly knew his shit.

Arnold was spent and resorted to hiding; when the Predator looked straight at him and didn't notice him, he figured out the thermal. Not some stroke of sheer genius, that.

Don't get me wrong, at no time here am I implying Dutch is shit, just that Royce had a harder challenge and tougher opponents.

Well, the fact that Dutch took the hunt to the Predator speaks volumes for me. Also the fact that he had zero support and had to figure out everything himself.

Robtard
Did you forget the fact that Royce did the same exact thing when he said they should follow the 'dog' tracks and go after what's hunting them.

He figured out one thing, the Thermal vision.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, I would have done the same thing, following the dog tracks. That's just common sense.

Robtard
That was in regards to your 'Dutch took the fight to the Predator', chief.

Royce did too, except he didn't have the luxury of knowing what or how many he was fighting when he decided to do this, Dutch did at that point in his film.

Snafu the Great

All three Predators (save for the Classic Predator) were Super Preds: the Flusher, the Falconer, and the Berzerker aka Mr. Black.
Nikolai took the Flusher Pred with him, Hanzo faced the Falconer Pred in a (sorta) honorable duel, which earns Hanzo respect points, and Royce faced Mr. Black.

Rogue Jedi
That was in regards to your 'Dutch took the fight to the Predator', chief.

Royce did too, except he didn't have the luxury of knowing what or how many he was fighting when he decided to do this, Dutch did at that point in his film. Yeah, Royce went to the camp and almost got his team and himself killed. Yeah, he did good though.

Robtard
Yeah, Royce went to the camp and almost got his team and himself killed. Yeah, he did good though.

Sacrificed one man to learn extremely valuable intel, all in all, it was a great job.

Rogue Jedi
Sacrificed one man to learn extremely valuable intel, all in all, it was a great job.

Cuz the man was black, right?

Robtard
Cuz the man was black, right?

If he had his choice of who, I'd guess he would have sacrificed the convict. As far as Royce knew, he was the least trained, most unstable and overall most useless of the group. Topher at least was a medical doctor and had scientific know-how, despite being a weeny little *****.

Though he did question why Topher was there to begin with, shows he was turning gears in his head the whole time.

yeah, because he was black.

Rogue Jedi
If he had his choice of who, I'd guess he would have sacrificed the convict. As far as Royce knew, he was the least trained, most unstable and overall most useless of the group. Topher at least was a medical doctor and had scientific know-how, despite being a weeny little *****.

Though he did question why Topher was there to begin with, shows he was turning gears in his head the whole time.

yeah, because he was black.
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the Predators selected Edwin and Stans. They were useless as prey.

Snafu the Great
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the Predators selected Edwin and Stans. They were useless as prey.

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought so.

KuRuPT Thanosi

In the end, Royce fought and defeated a tougher opponent (yes, with a bit of help). This is a load of dung and you know it Rob

Robtard
Nope, it was awesomely sound reasoning in 2010 and it's still awesomely sound reasoning now in 2015

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wrong again. You saying the Predator took it easy on Dutch and that is the only reason is lived is simply untrue. I could point to the scene in Predators where the Dogs attack... They are PURPOSELY called off when they could've pressed the attack. The predators could've attacked them WHILE the dogs attacked. The predators could've attacked them easily and decisively from behind as they were deciding what to do about the Cartel guy laying there calling for help. I could go on and on like you're trying to do with sequences with Dutch.. only they work both ways.

The facts are these, Royce didn't kill one single predator on his own.. Dutch did, game over.

Robtard
Nope. You're oversimplifying my points. Just deal that Royce faced and defeated a tougher and less forgiving opponent, on a completely alien and hostile world and without the benefit of a cohesive elite SpecOp team covering his back. Deal with it

KuRuPT Thanosi
I didn't oversimplify a thing. You said the Predator could've killed Dutch at this point but didn't. I listed two examples where Royce could've been killed had the Predators attacked. This has nothing to do with oversimplification, and everything to do with a double standard.

Further, Royce didn't killed one, not one Predator on his own, dutch did. Further, you thinking the Predators was superior to the original is faulty logic on your part which you've easily defeated without me having to say a thing. The predator you say was weaker, took out this awesome spec ops team with utter ease. The predators couldn't take out an inferior team (by your own admission) . Shit one was killed with a mere sword and not even by the main character. Another one was taken out solo by another fringe character. I love it when you defeat your own argument Rob, it makes me feel all tingly inside.

juggerman
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Further, Royce didn't killed one, not one Predator on his own, dutch did. Dutch didn't either. Jungle Pred killed himself.

Lestov16
Dutch is easily way more badass than the Pianist.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by juggerman
Dutch didn't either. Jungle Pred killed himself.

Wrong again, he was defeated and about to get his head smashed in with a rock until dutch decided to ask what the hell he was.. then noticed him triggering a self destruct sequence. He was done though and about to get smashed.

juggerman

Wrong again, he was defeated and about to get his head smashed in with a rock until dutch decided to ask what the hell he was.. then noticed him triggering a self destruct sequence. He was done though and about to get smashed.

Really? You say I was wrong and then prove me right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
I didn't oversimplify a thing. You said the Predator could've killed Dutch at this point but didn't. I listed two examples where Royce could've been killed had the Predators attacked. This has nothing to do with oversimplification, and everything to do with a double standard.

Further, Royce didn't killed one, not one Predator on his own, dutch did. Further, you thinking the Predators was superior to the original is faulty logic on your part which you've easily defeated without me having to say a thing. The predator you say was weaker, took out this awesome spec ops team with utter ease. The predators couldn't take out an inferior team (by your own admission) . Shit one was killed with a mere sword and not even by the main character. Another one was taken out solo by another fringe character. I love it when you defeat your own argument Rob, it makes me feel all tingly inside.

Nothing you've said refuted a single point of mine, you're just going "Nuh uh!" and throwing a tantrum now because you can't deal with the fact that Royce had the tougher opponents (yes, not just one) and tougher scenario to handle

Sorry, but you're wrong again. Super-Predators are superior to the normal Predators. It's shown and explained to use with the "wolf and dog" comparison. Did you not pay attention?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nothing you've said refuted a single point of mine, you're just going "Nuh uh!" and throwing a tantrum now because you can't deal with the fact that Royce had the tougher opponents (yes, not just one) and tougher scenario to handle

Sorry, but you're wrong again. Super-Predators are superior to the normal Predators. It's shown and explained to use with the "wolf and dog" comparison. Did you not pay attention?

Yet by feats The Original predator took out a team SUPERIOR to the team Royce had. This is by your own admission. So no, by feats the Predators from Predators aren't superior are they? They were literally taken out by a guy with a sword and another one was blown up... both by fringe characters. That isn't the least bit impressive now is it? Point is, Dutch beat a predator who took out a superior team to anybody shown taken out in predators. There is simply no getting around this fact.

Really Rob, I just said nuh uh!! You're better than this Rob, or at least I thought you were. I refuted you premise and then showed you defeating your own premise. I cited examples to prove my case. Hardly anything like saying nuh uh!!!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Really? You say I was wrong and then prove me right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

he was killing himself because HE WAS DEFEATED. What is so difficult to understand about this. If he wasn't defeated and still able to move around he would've still been attacking dutch. Instead, he was trapped under a log, bleeding out, and knew he'd lost. Dutch stood over A HELPLESS Predator unable to defend himself and was able to smash his face in... Yet you wanna say dutch didn't defeat him.. You're better than being intentionally Obtuse Juggs.

juggerman
he was killing himself because HE WAS DEFEATED. What is so difficult to understand about this. If he wasn't defeated and still able to move around he would've still been attacking dutch. Instead, he was trapped under a log, bleeding out, and knew he'd lost. Dutch stood over A HELPLESS Predator unable to defend himself and was able to smash his face in... Yet you wanna say dutch didn't defeat him.. You're better than being intentionally Obtuse Juggs.

I said he didn't kill him and you said I was wrong. Not my fault you misread what I actually said and decided to get sensitive about it.

Show me where I said "defeat":

Robtard
Yet by feats The Original predator took out a team SUPERIOR to the team Royce had. This is by your own admission. So no, by feats the Predators from Predators aren't superior are they? They were literally taken out by a guy with a sword and another one was blown up... both by fringe characters. That isn't the least bit impressive now is it? Point is, Dutch beat a predator who took out a superior team to anybody shown taken out in predators. There is simply no getting around this fact.

Really Rob, I just said nuh uh!! You're better than this Rob, or at least I thought you were. I refuted you premise and then showed you defeating your own premise. I cited examples to prove my case. Hardly anything like saying nuh uh!!!

Context, you lack sorely in this department. Via mostly long range tactics and using stealth. One SuperP died in a up close sword duel and the other fell to a bomb suicide trap. Didn't Dutch's Predator fall victim to a trap as well? LoL!

You can't get around the fact that Royce:

-Had 3 superior Predators and their beast to deal with
-Had a non cohesive team, some of them actually secretly his enemy
-Was on a completely foreign/alien world
-Royce's final Predator did not have the honor code like Dutch's

Thanks for playing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Context, you lack sorely in this department. Via mostly long range tactics and using stealth. One SuperP died in a up close sword duel and the other fell to a bomb suicide trap. Didn't Dutch's Predator fall victim to a trap as well? LoL!

You can't get around the fact that Royce:

-Had 3 superior Predators and their beast to deal with
-Had a non cohesive team, some of them actually secretly his enemy
-Was on a completely foreign/alien world
-Royce's final Predator did not have the honor code like Dutch's

Thanks for playing

Literally NONE of those points were the least bit impressive let alone relevant really. Let's go over this"

1. Had three predators and their beasts (You're simply defeating you're own argument here.) They were EASILY taken out by FRINGE characters. One was taken out with a mere sword LMAO.

2. A non cohesive team... This is again you defeating your own argument. Yes they WERE an inferior team and yet they took out 2 out of the 3 predators which said team. The last one was taken out by Royce WITH help. Nothing impressive about that, well, besides you defeating your own argument impressively

3. So? Does this have some relevance at all? Still defeating your own argument eh Robbie? So the Predators not only had more numbers than the original predator and facing an inferior team.. but they also had a environmental advantage and still got curbed... yet you cite this as an example LOL. This is just me toying me you and enjoying seeing you defeat yourself. I could also point out, that this world had nothing out of the ordinary or foreign to them that made anything overly difficult to fight.

4. Umm so? It used the honor code THROUGHOUT the movie.. There were numerous examples where they could've pressed their advantage and didn't. Fact.

Damn Robbie, don't make this so easy on me. Game, set, match

KuRuPT Thanosi
I said he didn't kill him and you said I was wrong. Not my fault you misread what I actually said and decided to get sensitive about it.

Show me where I said "defeat":

So who injured and incapacitated the predator?

Are you saying he could still kill dutch in that position but decided to kill himself instead?

Reflassshh
Royce >>>>> Dutchbag.

Robtard
Literally NONE of those points were the least bit impressive let alone relevant really. Let's go over this"

1. Had three predators and their beasts (You're simply defeating you're own argument here.) They were EASILY taken out by FRINGE characters. One was taken out with a mere sword LMAO.

2. A non cohesive team... This is again you defeating your own argument. Yes they WERE an inferior team and yet they took out 2 out of the 3 predators which said team. The last one was taken out by Royce WITH help. Nothing impressive about that, well, besides you defeating your own argument impressively

3. So? Does this have some relevance at all? Still defeating your own argument eh Robbie? So the Predators not only had more numbers than the original predator and facing an inferior team.. but they also had a environmental advantage and still got curbed... yet you cite this as an example LOL. This is just me toying me you and enjoying seeing you defeat yourself. I could also point out, that this world had nothing out of the ordinary or foreign to them that made anything overly difficult to fight.

4. Umm so? It used the honor code THROUGHOUT the movie.. There were numerous examples where they could've pressed their advantage and didn't. Fact.

Damn Robbie, don't make this so easy on me. Game, set, match

Back to square one, nothing you've said refuted a single point and you've moved on to lowballing and/or dismissing anything that murders your bias towards Dutch (granted, better character in the better film)

Royce did more with less in a worse situation against more numerous and tougher opponents. You won't be able to deal with this and will continue to rant, I know

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Royce >>>>> Dutchbag.

Not based on feats.. In fact, dutch poops all over Royce

juggerman
So who injured and incapacitated the predator?

Are you saying he could still kill dutch in that position but decided to kill himself instead?

No, I'm saying what I said. Dutch did not kill a Predator. Period.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Back to square one, nothing you've said refuted a single point and you've moved on to lowballing and/or dismissing anything that murders your bias towards Dutch (granted, better character in the better film)

Royce did more with less in a worse situation against more numerous and tougher opponents. You won't be able to deal with this and will continue to rant, I know

Concession accepted. EVERYTHING I've said refuted each and every one of your points. It was literally so easy because you refuted your own arguments. They weren't tougher.. In fact one was taken out by a sword. In no way shape or form were they tougher going by feats, in fact the opposite is true and you know it.

Robtard
The arbitrary "concession accepted" after you've failed to prove your case and points. Job good proving my point thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Failed to prove my points. I 100% proved Predator one took out a superior team with no help. So by feats he's WAY WAY ahead of the pradators based on feats. You literally have nothing to combat that except you.. Nuh uh.. the predators are the bestzorz!!! Don't worry Robbie I still like you, and enjoy discussing things with you, even after you defeated your own argument and fail to concede the point. Even then, you're an okay guy

Robtard
Now you're just copying what I previously said about your lousy tactics:

KuRuPT Thanosi
Prove they were tougher by feats please. you have yet to prove such a point

Robtard
Did that a long time ago, sport

KuRuPT Thanosi
Only you didn't. Quick quote these feats you posted please. What we do know is that two of them were taken out by an inferior team.. Both of them not even by a combined help of others.... One was soloed by a dude with a sword and the other by a grenade. Hardly what I'd call impressive. That's not even counting the Lawrence who escaped them and had avoided being hunted for years. Trained teams went after the first Predator and none of them made it out alive until Dutch finally did.

Robtard
So you can ignore it again? I don't think so.

Um, about half the team was killed before Dutch and crew knew what was hunting them and Billy essentially committed suicide like an idiot. LoL!

nPts_kHujVM

KuRuPT Thanosi
Oddly enough Billy engaged him with a sharp object, which is oddly familiar considering a sharp object was all that was needed to solo one in predators. Billy unfortunately couldn't last more than a few seconds when he engaged one like that. Just another example of the Predator outperforming the Predators.

Ok so no example then... The famous ohhh I have them I just don't wanna post them response. And you wonder why I've accepted your concession already wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
Though that video was funny Robbie

Robtard
Knife =/= Katana

The arbitrary "concession accepted" after you've failed to prove your case and points. Job good proving my point thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
I already proved my case which you have yet to refute with post after post. You on the other hand won't post your "proof". Odd logic you have there. Get back to me when you can actually prove your case and disprove my points. Game over

Robtard
You're basically copying again what I said previously about your lousy tactics

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wrong again... You refuse to prove your point and have yet to counter my points. If you concede that by feats the Predator outperformed the predators that will be a start. I will make a similar concession of sorts after.

Robtard
What is this, a bargaining? LoL! Royce did more with less against greater odds and in worse conditions. Deal with it already, will ya. You won't

KuRuPT Thanosi
Okay so who had better feats.. The Predator or The Predators? Simple question. No bargaining, I was just trying to progress the discussion a little, but you're not having that. No problem. How could Royce do more when he didn't kill a single predator on his own? Odd logic. The conditions weren't worse since the predators were killed easily by fringe characters... If anything, he was helped more not hindered.

Robtard
Royce was helped by the female Israeli soldier and then hindered by one (actually two) of his own team trying to murder him

Dutch had a Predator helping him, since the Predator literally had Dutch in its hands/at its mercy, but decided to drop its weapons and gear

So considering you think the 1987 is superior to the three Super-Preds combined, Dutch had a lot more help using your weird and distorted logic. LoL!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Royce was helped by the female Israeli soldier and then hindered by one (actually two) of his own team trying to murder him

Dutch had a Predator helping him, since the Predator literally had Dutch in its hands/at its mercy, but decided to drop its weapons and gear

So considering you think the 1987 is superior to the three Super-Preds combined, Dutch had a lot more help using your weird and distorted logic. LoL!

No he wasn't.. two of them didn't try and murder him... The faux scientist dude never even affected Royce in the least. He only directly impacted the Israeli girl. Nice try though. Same with L.F. he "tried" to smoke them out, big whoop. Dutch also had Dillon withhold vital information from him and basically set them up. Both sequences were about some form of betrayal, which Royce wasn't the only having to deal with.

This are the facts that can't be gotten around:

1. The predator killed one entire elite specs ops team that was sent in. Seemingly with no issue at all. A second elite trained cohesive team was sent out again, and again he killed all of them sans Dutch. This is EXPONENTIALLY better than ANYTHING ANY of the Predators were shown to do. There isn't a single person that was taken out in predators.. NOT ONE... that was above the specs out team no. 1 or no. 2. For God's sake one was a mere rapist and molester LOL.

2. The Predators had more help to take down an inferior team (as shown above). There were three of them as opposed to one and two of them were taken out by fringe character. To even try and say they did better than one predator is literally laughable bordering on moronic. Let's see... one predator takes out 2 cohesive spec ops teams... Two predators were killed easily in Predators.. one with a mere sword no less. We see what happens when Billy tries to engage one with a sharp object.. He last 2 seconds

3. Dutch takes out a predator BY HOMSELF with no help from anybody. This is in STARK contrast to Royce who couldn't AT ANY POINT in the movie take out one by himself. He literally didn't take out one. That is the nail in the coffin and proves Dutch was superior. Without question.

Robtard
Did you not pay attention again? Here, let me enlighten you:

-Topher tried to stab Royce while his back was turned, Royce just happened to be too quick. That was an attempted murder from a supposed teammate and a hindrance when you're already being hunted by a superior foe

-Morpheus didn't just "smoke out" people for fun, he was trying to kill them via asphyxia for the purpose of taking their gear/supplies. That was another attempted murder from a supposed teammate and a hindrance when you're already being hunted by a superior foe

So you see, you were wrong again on both counts and tried your silly downplay tactics. Sorry, but not on Robtard's watch

The rest of what you said has been countered and laid to rest already and I find it hilarious that you still refuse to acknowledge that the 1987 Pred helped out Dutch by dropping his gear and not murdering him when he had Dutch in his hands

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did you not pay attention again? Here, let me enlighten you:

-Topher tried to stab Royce while his back was turned, Royce just happened to be too quick. That was an attempted murder from a supposed teammate and a hindrance when you're already being hunted by a superior foe

-Morpheus didn't just "smoke out" people for fun, he was trying to kill them via asphyxia for the purpose of taking their gear/supplies. That was another attempted murder from a supposed teammate and a hindrance when you're already being hunted by a superior foe

So you see, you were wrong again on both counts and tried your silly downplay tactics. Sorry, but not on Robtard's watch

The rest of what you said has been countered and laid to rest already and I find it hilarious that you still refuse to acknowledge that the 1987 Pred helped out Dutch by dropping his gear and not murdering him when he had Dutch in his hands

Again with the reading comprehension failure.. Not on KuRupT's watch wink

At NO point did I mention the betrayal was the same type or at the same level. I merely mentioned that both were having to deal with people hindering their intelligence and progress. Which is 100% fact. You could argue Royce had more to deal with but what is said was still 100% fact.

You have no countered ONE SINGLE point for the rest of my post. That is totally and completely false. You attempted to "loosely" try and counter them but that was quickly recountered and then you just stop trying. Yes, it was that easy.

You still can't get around the fact that The Predator killed two elite cohesive spec ops teams with ease. While in stark contrasts... two predators were killed by an inferior team and not even a team was needed. Individual fringe characters were enough to beat solo. That is the WIDE gap we have in feats for both. The Predator's feats literally, and I mean literally, poop all over the feats of the Predators

You keep on saying he helped him out.. It's utterly ridiculous... Did you forget that not only was Royce not able to kill one Predator on his own... while other fringe characters could. Royce ALSO had the help of a predator itself in the final scene. Talk about having more help and not accomplishing jack shit.

This point about helping dutch has been countered. The predators helped Royce by not attacking him in certain advantageous positions where they were easily flanked or the attacked only had to be pressed.

Robtard
If you're just going to repeat back what I previously pointed out as your failing and falsely accuse me, I really see no point in continuing

Repeat: Royce did more with less in a worse situation against more numerous and tougher opponents. You won't be able to deal with this and will continue to rant, I know <--- Factually factual facts

Reflassshh
Not based on feats.. In fact, dutch poops all over Royce No, he doesn't

KuRuPT Thanosi
No, he doesn't

Of course he does... Defeating one solo is exponentially better than not defeating one by yourself. Those two are comparable.

Let me ask you this... Which Predators had better feats.. The predator from NO. 1 or any of the Predators from Predators.. easy question

KuRuPT Thanosi
If you're just going to repeat back what I previously pointed out as your failing and falsely accuse me, I really see no point in continuing

Repeat: Royce did more with less in a worse situation against more numerous and tougher opponents. You won't be able to deal with this and will continue to rant, I know <--- Factually factual facts

Okay Okay I get it.. You can't deal with Royce not being able to kill one on his own while dutch defeated one on his own. You also can't get over the fact that the Predators feats from No. 1 poop all over the Predators feats from Predators. That is you've lost this discussion and why you're so upset by it. Nothing further to say here then.

juggerman

Didn't the Russian try to kill everyone right at the start too?

Robtard
Didn't the Russian try to kill everyone right at the start too?

LoL, yeah, he mowed the jungle down a bit with his mini-gun before he realized. Forgot about that. But he was an actual teammate, just made an error

Reflassshh
Of course he does... Defeating one solo is exponentially better than not defeating one by yourself. Those two are comparable.

Let me ask you this... Which Predators had better feats.. The predator from NO. 1 or any of the Predators from Predators.. easy question Well, tbf the predator from 1 had better fts, but that's just because he was the only Pred around. But Dutch survived just because the pred only had heat-based vision and it's natural can't-see-shit vision.

In Royce's movie a worse team is pitted against superior, better equipped predS and he still made it to the end of the movie.

Surviving codeless super PredatorS >>>>> Surviving a 'honourable' CIS infected regular Predator.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well, tbf the predator from 1 had better fts, but that's just because he was the only Pred around. But Dutch survived just because the pred only had heat-based vision and it's natural can't-see-shit vision.

In Royce's movie a worse team is pitted against superior, better equipped predS and he still made it to the end of the movie.

Surviving codeless super PredatorS >>>>> Surviving a 'honourable' CIS infected regular Predator.

At least you can admit the Predator from No. 1 had better feats, that's something Robbie can't bring himself to do.

They do have honor though in Predators... They could've easily pressed attacks at certain points of the movie and decided directly not to do so. this happens numerous times.

Further, much like Robbie you prove my own case. We know they don't have better feats, but we also know they were killed way way easier. That's like a double whammy. You can't call somebody better than another when they have inferior feats and were killed easier just because you put the word super in front of Predator. Doesn't work that way. We go by feats on this forum and why they did in the movie. Don't call them super predators when an "inferior" team as you put it, were able to take out two of them EASILY. In fact, not even as a team they were solo'd by people, one of which only had a sword. The Predator didn't exponentially better than that, and that carries more weight than just adding super before the word Predator.

BTW... The Predator could still see just fine without infrared vision. The only time he had an issue was the mud scene and that was because he was only using that. Had he taken off his mask then he would've seen dutch.. just like he was able to later on.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Lestov16
Dutch is better. He was stronger, more durable, smarter, and better trained. He was challenging the Predator with nothing more than his wits, some branches, mud, and sparse gunpowder. Royce needed prep, help, a rifle, grenades, and even had to borrow Dutch's camouflage tactics at one point.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^^^ Even a shortbus kid could look at these facts and figure out Dutch did better.

Lestov16
^^^ Even a shortbus kid could look at these facts and figure out Dutch did better.

Yes. Even you can see Dutch's supremacy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Don't be mad Lestov.. I know I got you 2.. It's okay, you'll win one eventually.

Lestov16
Lame ass comeback if I ever saw one

KuRuPT Thanosi
yours was downright stupid. Mine was factual. don't worry lestov you'll win one eventually

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.