BP triggers potential human extinction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Level 99
htXtp://wwXw.helium.cXom/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

This is a serious problem. Is anyone concerned about this? Are we all going to face extinction?

King Kandy
Doubt it. One report from a sketchy website about a scientist nobody has heard about, plus the known fact the the media will make events seem more plausible if they are very extreme and attention grabbing, leads me to question this heavily.

Level 99
Here's another video:

hXttp://wXww.youtube.cXom/watch?v=s0TZ7zgrn3k&feature=player_embedded#!

It does seem like biased journalism at first glance but I've heard of this issue more than once and it doesn't appear to be impossible.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Level 99
htXtp://wwXw.helium.cXom/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

This is a serious problem. Is anyone concerned about this? Are we all going to face extinction? Nah.

Deano

Level 99

S_W_LeGenD
Point is that we (humans) are messing with mother nature. Sooner or later, we will have to pay the consequences of our foolishness.

@ Level 99

2012 may not be the right time, but apocalypse is destined to occur, whether it is man-made or natural.

Bicnarok

§P0oONY
I'd appreciate an elaboration on this, if you would. I'd like a genuine explanation as to why this isn't threatening. I personally do not think anything on a grand enough scale will occur to damn us all but a few of my friends think differently and have been quite persistent on this topic so I thought I'd share it with an outsider.

I mean, the fact still stands that methane releases are causing dead zones in the ocean but, I mean, is it apocalypse causing?

If you're referring to the supposed apocalypse that is supposed to happen during 2012, you're sorely mistaken. Why isn't it threatening?

Well, if we're still alive I don't need to give an explination... and if we die I can't.

The Dark Cloud
http://www.helium.com/items/1882339-doomsday-how-bp-gulf-disaster-may-have-triggered-a-world-killing-event

This is a serious problem. Is anyone concerned about this? Are we all going to face extinction?

I doubt it but it wouldn't be a bad thing if aboult half or more of us disappared. I do feel bad for the other living things effected by this.

The article also got it wrong when it sait "trigger the first mass extinction in 55 million years" There is currently a mass extinction that has been going on for a few hundred years now and getting worse.

jaden101

Robtard
While the story's "no known technology can stop it" angle is correct, there is a way to overcome it.

Like lighting a fart on fire, one need only have a flame ready, so when the Earth farts and lets loose its methane, the gas is ignited and instead of a death cloud covering the Earth's surface and killing all, we get a lovely 20,000+ mile high blue flame to enjoy.

inimalist
Originally posted by Robtard
While the story's "no known technology can stop it" angle is correct, there is a way to overcome it.

Like lighting a fart on fire, one need only have a flame ready, so when the Earth farts and lets loose its methane, the gas is ignited and instead of a death cloud covering the Earth's surface and killing all, we get a lovely 20,000+ mile high blue flame to enjoy.

also, mexico is liquified

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist

Always the pessimist.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist

Two problems salved. laughing

Bicnarok

Deano
I'd appreciate an elaboration on this, if you would. I'd like a genuine explanation as to why this isn't threatening. I personally do not think anything on a grand enough scale will occur to damn us all but a few of my friends think differently and have been quite persistent on this topic so I thought I'd share it with an outsider.

I mean, the fact still stands that methane releases are causing dead zones in the ocean but, I mean, is it apocalypse causing?

If you're referring to the supposed apocalypse that is supposed to happen during 2012, you're sorely mistaken.

we shall see.......

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deano
we shall see.......

Again, and again...

Level 99
Originally posted by Deano
we shall see.......

See what? The Mayans didn't even say that the event would be "apocalyptic." Although, a bunch of conspiracy theorists went nuts and took it out of context.

That's not surprising though.

Rogue Jedi
What is this shit.....

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaa!!!!

http://wwww.examiner.com/x-52157-Des-Moines-Zombie-Examiner~y2010m6d3-Examiner-Exclusive-Zombie-outbreak-cause-of-Gulf-BP-Oil-Spill

Examiner Exclusive: Zombie outbreak cause of Gulf BP Oil Spill

A recent article on Worldzombienews.com revealed that Zombies were spotted near the oil spill in the Gulf. Reports have now surfaced that Zombies actually caused the oil spill.

In a recent Examiner.com exclusive interview with survivor Brandant Snyder details were released of exactly how a small outbreak has turned into a 45+ day clean up effort and a massive cover-up effort by the mainstream media. Snyder claims that as a member of the custodial staff of the BP Oil rig he was in the process of a routine floor cleaning when he heard a loud thumping coming from one of the large oil Storage drums.

"The sounds were muffled at first, but as I got closer, I swore I could hear a soft moaning sound." Snyder said.

Snyder and other BP employees had been concerned about a missing crew member who had been thought to have abandoned the rig. "I thought for sure he had fallen into the drum and somehow got sealed in. I knew we had to help him."

Snyder then explained how he and two other crew members removed the lid to the massive four hundred pound storage drum and were attacked by an oil-covered humanoid creature. Snyder claims the creature had originally pulled one of the men into the drum, then both it and the crew member emerged and attacked Snyder and the other worker.

Later, the rigs security arrived and, in a an effort by a dozen humans to eliminate (by Snyder's estimate) sixteen to eighteen zombies, one of the oil feed lines was hit by a stray bullet. This caused a massive explosion, and the oil leak now being investigated under orders of the President of the United States.

"The guns used were not designed to kill... Those type of creatures" one security officer who asked to remain anonymous stated.

Snyder has given permission to be contacted via facebook but has asked that the constant calls from other media outlets stop to respect his privacy. He says he barely escaped with his life and was glad that the majority of the zombies were destroyed in the explosion but that they chased him inland (See inset picture).

CNN and other news outlets have yet to cover this side of the story, opting instead to focus on the clean up efforts. BP could not be reached for comment.

Brandant Snynder now lives in a small town about 45 minutes from Des Moines, Ia with his wife and child. His house is a beacon of Zombie Defense.

BP, British Petroleum. Leave it to the British.

LLLLLink
Definitely not going to happen.

Tptmanno1
Proven False
http://io9.com/5585294/methane-bubble-doomsday-story-debunked?skyline=true&s=i

/thread

Level 99
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Proven False
Nice. Thanks for that link. I'll be sure to show that to my friend.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Proven False
http://io9.com/5585294/methane-bubble-doomsday-story-debunked?skyline=true&s=i

/thread

Nothings been proven false, ok in the current leak anygas probably left before the oil as it rises to the top.

But there earths crust is full of gas bubbles of various kind which can be burst by drilling, earthquake or some other natural reason like the lakes mentioned in the posts above.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Nothings been proven false,

Including the Morlocks, they're down there, waiting for us to drill deep enough.

This is a serious problem. Is anyone concerned about this? Are we all going to face extinction? Not because of this oil spill itself, but yes, I'd say our days are numbered.

Symmetric Chaos
Nothings been proven false, ok in the current leak anygas probably left before the oil as it rises to the top.

But there earths crust is full of gas bubbles of various kind which can be burst by drilling, earthquake or some other natural reason like the lakes mentioned in the posts above.

No gas bubble is going to wipe out the population of the planet.

jinXed by JaNx
So..,290 million years ago an underwater methane bubble destroyed most of the life on Earth. How the hell do, "they" know?

Wild Shadow
they used the watchers view finder

Sadako of Girth
By carbon dating/study of the layers of earth beneath the surface or Ice..?

They have told a lot about the history of Earth's climate millions of years ago this way...

Jack Daniels
I learned one thing from this thread do not pull gaia's finger

jaden101

The article isn't trying to disprove that there are gas bubbles in the earth's crust or methane trapped in so called "explosive lakes" in certain parts of the world though is it?

It's disproving the stupid notion that the deep water horizon drilling is going to cause massive extinction across the world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.