Kyp Durron, Ben Skywalker and Corran Horn vs Dooku, Darth Maul and Ventress.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vorpal Ruin
Fight in the senate chamber.

Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, the sith seem to have the advantage in this fight.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, the sith seem to have the advantage in this fight.

To be honest I was trying to think of a 2v2 with Corran and Ben vs 2 of those 3 sith, I just couldn't find a pairing that seemed even to me, so I used all 3 and added Kyp to even it up.

How does it play out to you?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
To be honest I was trying to think of a 2v2 with Corran and Ben vs 2 of those 3 sith, I just couldn't find a pairing that seemed even to me, so I used all 3 and added Kyp to even it up.

How does it play out to you?

Kyp vs Dooku: Dooku has the advantage
Ben vs Maul: Maul has the advantage
Corran vs Ventress: Corran has the advantage but is ganged up on by Dooku and Maul.

I could see the Jedi winning this fight if Corran manages to use his powerful Force illusions to distract one of the contestants (preferably Dooku, although I'm not sure if Corran's Force illusions will work on a sith that powerful) long enough for Kyp to cut them down.

Vorpal Ruin
Kyp vs Dooku: Dooku has the advantage
Ben vs Maul: Maul has the advantage
Corran vs Ventress: Corran has the advantage but is ganged up on by Dooku and Maul.

Dooku probably has better bladework, but i'd give Kyp the edge in the force department.

I don't think Ben could beat any of the three 1v1, because of his lack of his experience, but he is very skilled and would have a very long fight with Ventress.

Corran and Maul would be a good match, I can't call the winner on it.

Alternatively if someone were to use force lightening on Corran, they would be very surprised when he returned it at whoever used it on him. Also I don't think anyone would be expecting his dual phase lightsaber which is going to be a nice trump card.

I could see the Jedi winning this fight if Corran manages to use his powerful Force illusions to distract one of the contestants (preferably Dooku, although I'm not sure if Corran's Force illusions will work on a sith that powerful) long enough for Kyp to cut them down.

Corran mind tricked the entire Jedi Academy at once, including Luke, as a padawan. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to, atleast briefly, mind trick any sith on this team.

Hewhoknowsall
Dooku probably has better bladework, but i'd give Kyp the edge in the force department.

Maybe, but Dooku's Force defenses are strong enough to resist Kyp's Force attacks.

Maybe, but CW Anakin, who had more or equal Force potential to Ben and had more training time (I think), had a hard time against Ventress. Ben might resist for a while though.

Maybe Corran can do some Force illusion to distract Maul in the middle of the battle and then stab him.

That would be pretty useful, but not necessarily a tide changer, since the returning lightning could be blocked or simply resisted.

Yeah, Corran's very powerful with Force illusions.

RazorMesias
the only real reason the jedi team is at any major disadvantage is bacause of skywalker

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by RazorMesias
the only real reason the jedi team is at any major disadvantage is bacause of skywalker

I woudn't say a 'major' disadvantage, but sure, he is the weak link(every team has to have one though). Is anyone current on FOTJ to know if Ben has displayed any impressive feats? I only just started the series and finished Outcast. He had a nice fight against a Baran'Do combat master.

SWFan4Life
I woudn't say a 'major' disadvantage, but sure, he is the weak link(every team has to have one though). Is anyone current on FOTJ to know if Ben has displayed any impressive feats? I only just started the series and finished Outcast. He had a nice fight against a Baran'Do combat master.

I am currently reading Backlash, and there hasn't been anything impressive yet that Ben has done, that any other Jedi couldn't do. For some reason, the authors are holding Ben back from doing anything typically supreme for someone of his bloodline. Ben's strenghts seem to lie in more of the mental and tactical (i.e. mental, you will see when you read Abyss, don't want to spoil, and tactical, well he had some pretty good detective techniques for uncovering evidence on Caedus' murder of his mom). Ben also has an incredibly powerful memory, and can recall past events with full clarity.

But no, to the point I am in FOTJ, he has not had an over-the-top physical display typical of a Skywalker, unless I have just plain forgotten.

SWFan4Life
OK maybe I'm being too hard on him. Ben has done some pretty neat things. He learned how to flow walk rather easily, and was able to actually perform it successfully. He was able to duel Tahiri Veila to a standstill, who had several more years of experience than her. He also fought surprisingly well in Abyss (not going to spoil for you).

However, his lightsaber skill is clearly not at the same level as Jacen or Anakin Solo when they were his age. Recall that Ben withdrew from the Force for several years, which held him back.

But the fact remains, nothing super-duper-ultra-Skywalkerish yet...

Vorpal Ruin
Ah, thanks for the info SWFan.

SWFan4Life
You bet. I would offer my two cents on the battle outcome, but I haven't read up enough on Ventress, or on Corran Horn and Kyp Durron pre-NJO.

However, assuming it is FOTJ Kyp, Corran, and Ben against ROTS Dooku and TPM Darth Maul, and Clone Wars Ventress, I would say:

Kyp v. Dooku: Kyp could win, he was potentially the second most powerful Jedi next to Luke Skywalker by FOTJ. Dooku is probably better in sabers, but Kyp has more Force power imo.

Corran and Ben v Ventress & Darth Maul: Ben would hold his own for a while, but I see him getting cut down by Maul, which would leave Ventress and Maul to take Corran. I could see Corran using his Force illusion against Ventress more successfully, because Maul had a much better Master, and Ventress was merely a Dark Jedi rather than Sith, and could probably not deflect the illusion as well. In the end, Corran would fall, but not without probably taking Ventress with him.

Kyp v. Maul: probably Kyp.

If Corran lost without taking out Maul or Ventress, Kyp would likely fall to them, or probably take one of them with him, leaving Ventress or Maul as the final victor.

Ben is indeed the weak link. If you put Saba Sebatyne or Jaina Solo in Ben's place, I think the Jedi would most definitely win. Two of the strongest Jedi Masters (Saba and Kyp) of the New Jedi Order, and one very strong one (Corran), but he doesn't have TK, but that is mitigated by his Force illusion powers.

Just my opinion...Could be wrong because I don't know Ventress's full power.

truejedi
I'm thinking Ben probably isn't worse than Ventress. Just my two cents. Maybe not better, but unlikely to be worse.

Gideon
I preface this by saying that I know little to nothing of Kyp and Corran's proficiency in dueling, so those of you who are eductated in this area may feel free to teach me.

That said, Ventress or Maul can slaughter Ben, making this a 2v3 very quick.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Gideon
Ventress or Maul can slaughter Ben, making this a 2v3 very quick.
but not dooku?

embarrasment

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
but not dooku?

embarrasment

Im sure he realised that the Jedi team wouln'd be dumb enough to send thier weakest member against the strongest of the sith.

Red Nemesis
Yor'e sure. Yor'e sure? I think that we should let Gideon apologize for his mistake himself, if it's all the same to you!

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.