Boondocks suck, why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Earthlover
I've seen some episodes, but the story still doesn't make any since to me. What the hell is it sapposed to be all about anyway?

RE: Blaxican
That's how I feel about Evangelion right now.

Esomark
It's supposed to be a satire on race relations but most people don't watch it for that reason. They just watch it for the comedy.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Earthlover
I've seen some episodes, but the story still doesn't make any since to me. What the hell is it sapposed to be all about anyway? It's not so much that Boondocks sucks.

It is more that you have bad taste.

King Kandy
Boondocks is a great show. And so is Evangelion, for that matter.

NemeBro
Originally posted by King Kandy
Boondocks is a great show. And so is Evangelion, for that matter. Hideki Anno would make a great politician.

In that he can talk for 26 episodes and a movie without actually saying anything.

King Kandy
I never really got too much into the philosophical side of Evangelion nor the well known episodes 25 and 26. But it is a good series.

Omega Vision
I've seen some episodes, but the story still doesn't make any since to me. What the hell is it sapposed to be all about anyway?
In a nutshell its about a black family from Southside Chicago adjusting to living in a gated community. Most episodes center on outlandish or at times supernatural plots though they can have (almost) normal stories.

It's a great show.

wakkawakkawakka
Boondocks is a great show and all but I'm not sure it really fits into the anime category even if some of the fight scenes are based off of anime fights. In short Boondocks is like the Cleaveland show that people actually watch.

King Kandy
The boondocks comic strip is good as well.

Astner
Boondocks is one of those series which is either loved, or hated for the racism or the overuse of the racism (repeatability).

icecold707
The Boondocks doesnt follow a story exactly but it isnt like family guy wer it goes off topic every 5 seconds its probably the best show on right now but its not anime its more anime inspired blacl people tv smile (im not racist im black)

Gecko4lif
1. boondocks isnt a anime
2. There is no story only anecdotes. Similar to family guy but not for retards.

Astner
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
1. boondocks isnt a anime
Technically it is, it's just that it's produced in the United States.

Originally posted by Gecko4lif
2. There is no story only anecdotes. Similar to family guy but not for retards.
There are stories, though they only last for the episode (with some exceptions) so that, even though you missed the previous episode it won't rob you of any experience for the upcomming one. The main theme in Family Guy is impulsivity, Family Guy doesn't necessarily have bad jokes but the voice actors are worthless the same sterile uncaring voice over and over again with Stewie being the only exception (he's the only one who can formulate a decent "Noooooooooo!" sound).

Red Nemesis

NemeBro
Seth cannot voice anyone but Stewie effectively maybe? no expression

marwash22
"The Boondocks" is more like "South Park", than it is "Family Guy" and it's funnier/better written than both. The reason it isn't as popular as those two is because it centers around relatable humor, in specific, relatable to mostly Black people. It rips stories from headlines and uses things that can be considered "inside jokes" that only the African American/urban community would get.

Mix23ReKEbs&feature=related

...hilarious,but probably not relatable to older (specifically white) people.

Astner
To be fair, neither the writing of Family Guy or South Park are particularly good. The construction of a decent plot follows three simple steps: exposition, climax and denouncement. In short, something is "built up for". Boondocks has that along with great animation and good voice actors.

Thumbs-up to Red Nemesis' avatar, enjoyed the novel?

roughrider
It does not suck, it's hilarious. Reminds me on the great 1970's sitcoms that focused on social issues, like All In The Family and it's spinoffs (The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times.)

iceman24567
Boondocks is better than Family and wayyyyy better than Southpark fact erm

marwash22
Originally posted by iceman24567
Boondocks is better than Family and wayyyyy better than Southpark fact erm why the (erm)? No one said anything to the contrary.

NemeBro
South Park is better IMO.

Best adult comedic cartoon evar, with Boondocks taking second IMO, rivaled only by King of the Hill.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by NemeBro
It's not so much that Boondocks sucks.

It is more that you have bad taste.

This

Nemesis X
I think people quickly lose interest in the Boondocks right when they see Robert Freeman wearing nothing but a thong and does poses. UGH! sick

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think people quickly lose interest in the Boondocks right when they see Robert Freeman wearing nothing but a thong and does poses. UGH! sick

It doesn't last long. Beside! Riley gives people more than enough of a reason to stay tuned in. Oh! and Stinkmeaner.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
It doesn't last long. Beside! Riley gives people more than enough of a reason to stay tuned in. Oh! and Stinkmeaner.

I'm surprised that kid hasn't got shot for being such an annoying scheming brat who can't learn past mistakes.

The Stinkmeaner story ended when his "buddies" got arrested. Like that cop said "there's only one way to end a moment: jail."

marwash22
That was a good ep. but i was pissed that they killed my dude Bushido Brown sad.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by marwash22
That was a good ep. but i was pissed that they killed my dude Bushido Brown sad.

You mean this?

OjbetVGJlg8

I lol'd when those words popped up.

Narcissus

Then the show does not suck. You simply fail to understand it, and thus you think it is a bad show.

The Boondocks is a very well thought-out show with excellent humor.

Originally posted by Esomark
It's supposed to be a satire on race relations but most people don't watch it for that reason. They just watch it for the comedy.

Which is sad, really. It's for this reason that not as many people are appreciating the 3rd season. Too many people fail to see the political and racial commentary in the show.

cdtm
Originally posted by Esomark

Even the bad episodes are usually worth catching for Uncle Ruckus.

Esomark
Originally posted by cdtm
Even the bad episodes are usually worth catching for Uncle Ruckus.

I know. His banter never gets old.

yung_link
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You mean this?

OjbetVGJlg8

I lol'd when those words popped up.

AWWW S***!!!! XD how can anyone dislike this show? i just cant understand...maybe its cuz im black...

Astner
Originally posted by Narcissus
Too many people fail to see the political and racial commentary in the show.
Perhaps it has't occured to you, but you can dislike something even if you unerstand it.

Earthlover
no, i understand it, it's just that i don't care for it. or, i could have bad taste.

Narcissus
Originally posted by Astner
Perhaps it has't occured to you, but you can dislike something even if you unerstand it.

Prehaps it didn't occur to you, but I wasn't talking to you. I don't care about your grudge against me, but stop trying to pick a fight.

The OP said "The Boondocks Sucks. WHY?" in his title and followed up with a "because I don't understand the story." Had he given an actual reason, that would have been a fair expression of his opinion. However, he did not.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by yung_link
AWWW S***!!!! XD how can anyone dislike this show? i just cant understand...maybe its cuz im black...

I'm white and I like the show

Omega Vision
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Boondocks is a great show and all but I'm not sure it really fits into the anime category even if some of the fight scenes are based off of anime fights. In short Boondocks is like the Cleaveland show that people actually watch.
Please don't ever mention the Cleveland Show in the same sentence as the Boondocks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.