Thanos vs growing gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mshinu
Thanos faces a growing gauntlet on an indestructible planet completely covered by a megacity.
Full rest betwen rounds, in each round he faces the new challenger PLUS all previous opponents.
BFR is off. CIS is on, but all are very serious because Thanos is about to do very nasty things to the universe again.

How far does the Mad Titan get?

1: Thor
2: Superman
3: Silver Surfer
4: Orion
5: Wonder Woman (standard gear)
6: Maxima
7: Sersi
8: Binary
9: Nova Prime (with WM)
10: Martian Manhunter
11: Lobo (with bike)
12: Nate Grey

carver9
It is stuff like this that is making me lose my love for Thanos. He is one of my favorite character BUT he is overated.

He stops at 3.

Mshinu
Originally posted by carver9
It is stuff like this that is making me lose my love for Thanos. He is one of my favorite character BUT he is overated.

He stops at 3.

Thanks for your input.

Why does a gauntlet thread make you loose your love for Thanos tho?

-Pr-
heh. i agree with Carver. Well, stranger things have happened... Not many, but they have.

Mshinu
Originally posted by -Pr-
heh. i agree with Carver. Well, stranger things have happened... Not many, but they have.

Stranger than getting past 3 you mean? What would you put his odds at?

carver9
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thanks for your input.

Why does a gauntlet thread make you loose your love for Thanos tho?

Because Thor alone has given him trouble then if you add Superman these two alone should be able to pull some wins off of Thanos. Then you put Surfer in, someone that has been upgraded since the last time Thanos faced him, then this is a stomp.

You all use one showing with Surfer vs Thanos and throw it over the top. Surfer output of power had Thanos RUNNING during the time he created a black hole with his blast (annihilation). Thanos even stated that it was time to leave.

These 3 should be able to pull either a 8 or 9/10

Superman and Thor should be able to pull either a 7 or 8/10 but again, this is my opinion.

I can see either of these 3 causing Thanos trouble ALONE; hell, its a possibility that even current Surfer alone could pull some wins.

meh

Mshinu
Again, thanks for your input. I am not saying Thanos clears it or anything. I am merely interested in what people think whould happen.

Black bolt z
6 or 7.I disagree with carver as thanos has shown to handle multiple top tiers with ease.

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
6 or 7.I disagree with carver as thanos has shown to handle multiple top tiers with ease.

Show me Thanos handling 3 heralds in Superman, Surfer, and Thor caliber.

Black bolt z
Show me Thanos handling 3 heralds in Superman, Surfer, and Thor caliber. Pre-death he handled like 10 avengers correct?I'm still trying to get a hold of that comic

carver9
Pre-death he handled like 10 avengers correct?I'm still trying to get a hold of that comic

And what ten avengers was this? Its debatable that Current Surfer wouldnt give him a challenge. I'm pretty sure Thanos ran off and thought twice of staying during annihilation when Surfer was creating black holes with his blast.

The only high herald on the avengers is Thor so what other two are on Superman and Surfers level that was included with this avengers?

Black bolt z
And what ten avengers was this? Its debatable that Current Surfer wouldnt give him a challenge. I'm pretty sure Thanos ran off and thought twice of staying during annihilation when Surfer was creating black holes with his blast.

The only high herald on the avengers is Thor so what other two are on Superman and Surfers level that was included with this avengers? Like I said I have yet to get that comic.I never said they were all hgih heralds but were there not like 10 avengers there and he all bested them easily?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If he by somehow manages to get past 2 -which I don't think he does- he stops at 4.

Norrin has been too ineffective against Thanos for me to think he'll actually be any help outside of a distraction. It doesn't make sense, but whatever.

shokosugi
Stops at 2

carver9
Like I said I have yet to get that comic.I never said they were all hgih heralds but were there not like 10 avengers there and he all bested them easily?

Again, your point is moot and Hulk has done the same thing, run through avengers but I know for a fact he isnt soloing Superman, Surfer, and Thor.

Konvikt ran through the entire JLA but I know he isnt soloing Superman, Surfer, and Thor.

Again, what 3 heralds has Thanos ever fought that make you think he can take on these 3 and win?

Let me guess, you are using his ass whippin against Odin as a feat of him defeating this team?

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did Pre Death Thanos handle 10 Avengers at once? You aren't by an chance referring to the Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 are you?

Black bolt z
Again, your point is moot and Hulk has done the same thing, run through avengers but I know for a fact he isnt soloing Superman, Surfer, and Thor.

Konvikt ran through the entire JLA but I know he isnt soloing Superman, Surfer, and Thor.

Again, what 3 heralds has Thanos ever fought that make you think he can take on these 3 and win?

Let me guess, you are using his ass whippin against Odin as a feat of him defeating this team? No.Your point?

Whats your point?

See above

What are you talking about?Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When did Pre Death Thanos handle 10 Avengers at once? You aren't by an chance referring to the Marvel Two-In-One Annual #2 are you? I might be.Why am I thinking pre-death one-shotted quasar and thor.

And didn't pre-death also two-shot thor?Thats pre death.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did Pre Death Thanos one shot Thor and Quasar?

He never two shotted Thor. He brought Thor down to one knee. Thor was fine in moments. Dialogue also suggests that it was more than two blasts. Thanos refers to following up with a few more blasts before the comic switches scenes. Unless you assume Thanos stopped his attack.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When did Pre Death Thanos one shot Thor and Quasar?

He never two shotted Thor. He brought Thor down to one knee. Thor was fine in moments. Dialogue also suggests that it was more than two blasts. Thanos refers to following up with a few more blasts before the comic switches scenes. Unless you assume Thanos stopped his attack. Once again like I said I have yet to get a hold of avengers annual #7(thats the right one right)?I'm probably thinking of marvel two in one annual 2

Rage.Of.Olympus
The entire arc takes throughout two issues. The seventh Avengers annual and the second Marvel Two-In-One Annual.

If you want to read it so badly, just download it from online.

carver9
No.Your point?

Whats your point?

See above

What are you talking about? I might be.Why am I thinking pre-death one-shotted quasar and thor.

And didn't pre-death also two-shot thor?Thats pre death.

Again, when has Thanos ever fought 3 high heralds of Superman, Thor, and Surfer caliber and actually won?

It never happened and again, Thor alone has given Thanos HELL.

TheTyrant

Angel Watching
Definitely stops at 4

dmills
He gets phucked up at 3.

Naija boy

It never happened and again, Thor alone has given Thanos HELL.

Without any sort of amp, NO he hasnt.

Thanos stops at 4.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Without any sort of amp, NO he hasnt.

Thanos stops at 4.

What would you describe as "hell" Naija?

Would going toe to toe with him count?

Naija boy
What would you describe as "hell" Naija?

Would going toe to toe with him count?

By toe to toe you mean exchanging attacks or blows? NO. Surfer has exchanged attacks with galactus, that doesnt qualify as giving him hell. Considering that thanos has matched B and T thor with the PG and ended up winning that fight, then no regular thor will not give him "hell" of any sort.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By toe to toe you mean exchanging attacks or blows? NO. Surfer has exchanged attacks with galactus, that doesnt qualify as giving him hell. Considering that thanos has matched B and T thor with the PG and ended up winning that fight, then no regular thor will not give him "hell" of any sort.

By toe to toe I mean them squaring off evenly in an apparent stalemate. Surfer zooming around and zapping Galactus to no affect isn't exactly the same thing.

Good showing for Thanos as Thor was amped to some degree at least. However, even in that issue it was stated Thor would give Thanos a good run for his money on a regular day. I do admit that Thanos should have the edge on Thor physically. At least on average.

Thanos won by using a weapon. Why do some people forget that?

Thor has given him hell during the Infinity Gauntlet.

vin

Naija boy
By toe to toe I mean them squaring off evenly in an apparent stalemate. Surfer zooming around and zapping Galactus to no affect isn't exactly the same thing.

Good showing for Thanos as Thor was amped to some degree at least. However, even in that issue it was stated Thor would give Thanos a good run for his money on a regular day. I do admit that Thanos should have the edge on Thor physically. At least on average.

Thanos won by using a weapon. Why do some people forget that?

Thor has given him hell during the Infinity Gauntlet.

vin

Hmm so its that incident. Well seeing as that was a thor amped by magical armour from Odin as well as a thanos clone then that incident is really not applicable as i was talking about regular thor (plus that was rectonned into a thanos clone). Moreover who stated that thor would give thanos a run for his money on a regular day in that issue? HAvent read it in a while but regardless thor hasnt shown to give thanos a run for his money on a regular day.

He won by using a weapon yes (which he later incorporated intto his powerset) but the fact that he was matching that incarnation of thor all the way (without using the weapon) is of more importance.

heh.

dmills
@rage,

And it was Masterson at that laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yup. Masterson has even admitted Thor's stronger than him.

Well seeing as that was a thor amped by magical armour from Odin as well as a thanos clone then that incident is really not applicable as i was talking about regular thor (plus that was rectonned into a thanos clone). Moreover who stated that thor was give thanos a run for his money on a regular day in that issue? HAvent read it in a while but regardless thor hasnt shown to give thanos a run for his money on a regular day.

He won by using a weapon yes (which he later incorporated intto his powerset) but the fact that he was matching that incarnation of thor all the way (without using the weapon) is of more importance.

heh.

I wasn't talking about that issue. I was referring to these scenes:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/StalematesThanos1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/StalematesThanos2.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos19.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos20.jpg

It was Starlin using Pip as a narration device:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThanosvsThor8.jpg

Thor was a beast during that arc as well. Temporarily took out both the Thanos clone and Mangog. Had ridiculous damage soak too.

Like I said, I'm fine with it. Thanos should have the edge on Thor physically, so him going toe to toe with a slightly amped Thor is fine. I'm assuming he was slightly amped as even when he was placed in that force block and was tapping into the Power Gem, Thanos stated that the pressure was rising slowly.

Naija boy
Yup. Masterson has even admitted Thor's stronger than him.

I wasn't talking about that issue. I was referring to these scenes:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/StalematesThanos1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/StalematesThanos2.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos19.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanos20.jpg

It was Starlin using Pip as a narration device:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThanosvsThor8.jpg

Those scenes hardly qualify (they dont) as giving him hell. Some are even just flash shots showing them engaging in the background without giving us an actual detailed view of the battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Those scenes hardly qualify (they dont) as giving him hell. Some are even just flash shots showing them engaging in the background without giving us an actual detailed view of the battle.

Translation: "Moan, moan, moan. I hate you and Thor for doing so well against Thanos in comparison to my surfing Silver eunuch.sad"

It shows them trading blows evenly. That's enough for me.

That's why I asked you what you would define as giving an opponent hell.

Naija boy
Translation: "Moan, moan, moan. I hate you and Thor for doing so well against Thanos in comparison to my surfing Silver eunuch.sad"

It shows them trading blows evenly. That's enough for me.

That's why I asked you what you would define as giving hell.

heh, if u consider a panel of them punching each other as doing "so well" then i must have higher standards for thor than you do.

Unless the definition of "giving hell" being used is from the limited edition quanchi dictionary which describes thanos fight against odin as "a potential win" for thanos then those panels of them exchanging blows can in no way shape or form be classified as giving him hell.

Giving a person hell would normally refer to one character nearly pushing another character to the limit in an intense battle. Not barely having started to engage with the battle then suddenly being interrupted.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Rage.Of.Olympus
heh, if u consider a panel of them punching each other as doing "so well" then i must have higher standards for thor than you do.

Unless the definition of "giving hell" being used is from the limited edition quanchi dictionary which describes thanos fight against odin as "a potential win" for thanos then those panels of them exchanging blows can in no way shape or form be classified as giving him hell.

Giving a person hell would normally refer to one character nearly pushing another character to the limit in an intense battle. Not barely having started to engage with the battle then suddenly being interrupted.

Ha!

Hey, it was Carver who said Thor gives Thanos hell in this thread. I was just posting the scans from which he'd probably get his opinion from.

Well, Thor has given Thanos hell if your willing to count more...controversial....scenes.

Rage.Of.Olympus

KuRuPT Thanosi
The point is he two shot thor and HAD HIM BEAT and HELPLESS. I gave you the UFC example and that is the correlation here. He couldn't defend himself and was on his knee... Thanos could've as he stated followed up with a few more shots and Thor was down for. He didn't and started talking and then distracted. This doesn't change the fact that Thanos had Thor at his mercy with two shots. Those two shots from the weakest version of Thanos.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The point is he two shot thor and HAD HIM BEAT and HELPLESS. I gave you the UFC example and that is the correlation here. He couldn't defend himself and was on his knee... Thanos could've as he stated followed up with a few more shots and Thor was down for. He didn't and started talking and then distracted. This doesn't change the fact that Thanos had Thor at his mercy with two shots. Those two shots from the weakest version of Thanos.

facepalm

It's as if you completely ignored my post.

If your going to be dense, I'm not going to bother.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mshinu
Stranger than getting past 3 you mean? What would you put his odds at?

of me agreeing with carver lol.

KuRuPT Thanosi
facepalm

It's as if you completely ignored my post.

If your going to be dense, I'm not going to bother.

Okay... so two panels = seconds.. Proof of this?

Next if he was unharmed why was he on his knees.. dazed and unable to defend himself from TWO shots from the weakest version of Thanos?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Okay... so two panels = seconds.. Proof of this?

Next if he was unharmed why was he on his knees.. dazed and unable to defend himself from TWO shots from the weakest version of Thanos?

You want evidence that the death of Thanos occurred in mere moments?

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanosThing7.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanosThing8.jpg

Are you honestly willing to throw out all common sense when it involves the titan?

You should read what I said closely. I stated that Thor was up in moments/seconds and was unharmed. Which was the case. I'm assuming Thor was stunned to some degree, which was the reason as to why he was down.

How would he be able to defend himself from said attacks if they already happened?

Once again, going by Thanos' own dialogue, it would have likely been more than two shots. Thanos was attempting to continuously blast Thor and even stated that he would keep doing so. Referring to the statement of a few more eye blasts.

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanosThing5.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/ThorvsThanosThing6.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
You said he was down for seconds... and gave how many panels he was down 2 or 3... what I asked is for proof that this was only seconds.. as we've seen time between panels can be much more than seconds.

The next thing you said was that Thor was seemingly unharmed which is false... He was harmed and he was on his knees.. dazed and unable to defend himself.. Therefore he was harmed. Just because he recovered doesn't change the fact that he was harmed. Unless or course harmed to you means lasting damage that never goes away like a scar. Is that what you expect when you decide whether someone is harmed or not?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You said he was down for seconds... and gave how many panels he was down 2 or 3... what I asked is for proof that this was only seconds.. as we've seen time between panels can be much more than seconds.

The next thing you said was that Thor was seemingly unharmed which is false... He was harmed and he was on his knees.. dazed and unable to defend himself.. Therefore he was harmed. Just because he recovered doesn't change the fact that he was harmed. Unless or course harmed to you means lasting damage that never goes away like a scar. Is that what you expect when you decide whether someone is harmed or not?

How much time occurred between the panel in which Thanos was alive and the one in which he was a stone statue in your opinion? Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Days?

Because all I see, is Warlock approaching Thanos while the two have a brief conversation which would have taken seconds. I don't know how people communicate from where you come from, but it's usually individuals with some form of mental disability that take longer than seconds to say what Warlock and Thanos do in my part of the world.

I can't believe I need to quote myself when my post is literally on the last page. I said this:
He was literally up in seconds (3 panels.) and seemed unharmed.
Now follow this part very closely. Thor was able to recover from the attack in moments or whatever amount of time you want, and seemed unharmed. Re-read it a few times if you have to.

I did not thing such a simple statement would be hard to grasp.

One more time just so it sets in.

Thanos attacked Thor. Aforementioned attacks had enough power to damage Thor to some extent. Most likely stun him. After the inference with Warlock. Thor was up on his feet unharmed.

Yes, like a scar. Sure. Why not. Does that satisfy you? Will you stop diminishing my I.Q. with these conversations now?

Black bolt z
Again, when has Thanos ever fought 3 high heralds of Superman, Thor, and Surfer caliber and actually won?

It never happened and again, Thor alone has given Thanos HELL. Thor never gave thanos hell.

Stall_19
Starting with some heavy hitter aren't we? Probably stop at 3, don't see him getting past 4 ever.

Mshinu
Originally posted by Stall_19
Starting with some heavy hitter aren't we? Probably stop at 3, don't see him getting past 4 ever.

Kind of a point to start with those. Made another gauntlet with the lighter guys first (Exodus, Terrax etc) earlier but most would say Thanos stopped at their favourite guy wether it was at 4, 6 or 8.

XanatosForever
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, through CIS and tactical use of the megacity, Thanos makes it to 5 before he stops.

Nihilist
Is this current Thanos?

Mshinu
Originally posted by Nihilist
Is this current Thanos?

Current or pre-death, feel free to use the one you think fares better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.