Ms. Marvel Vs Apollo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Warlord
girlfight!!!!!!!!!!

Q99
Apollo's stronger and faster. As long as he doesn't focus on energy attacks he should win solidly.

Konton
Apollo stomps.

celeyhyga17
yeah.. if Apollo goes all out physical, he takes it by a landslide.

9/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

Ms. Marvel would be an excellent character to face Apollo.

Physically, his alright but I can see Ms. Marvel holding her own. Throw in the fact that she has excellent energy absorption capabilities, and Apollo is well, Apollo, and there's a chance that this goes the way of the Nefaria fight. To be fair though, that was a horrible fight.

His not stomping her, that's for sure.

Konton
He's a lot stronger than she is, and his energy absorption is on par with hers.

Screw the Nefaria encounter. That was bad writing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A lot stronger than she is? As good of an energy absorber? Nah, not current Bendis Carol. She'd probably be on his level physically, and superior in terms of energy absorption.

There's also the incident where she absorbs the large bomb and puts Sentry in his place.

Digi
Apollo grabs her, throws her into space, and continues the fight there. Won't matter how much energy she absorbs then, and Apollo has the edge in pretty much all physical departments.

Also note, even if she absorbs his energy, releasing near him will just re-power him, since the type of energy he releases is what gives him his powers. This fight is only close if we give Carol every benefit of the doubt and Apollo none.

Konton
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
A lot stronger than she is? As good of an energy absorber? Nah, not current Bendis Carol. She'd probably be on his level physically, and superior in terms of energy absorption.

There's also the incident where she absorbs the large bomb and puts Sentry in his place.

Carol isn't even 100 class without proper amping. She clocks in around 70 tons from what she has displayed over the past 20 years. Energy absorption is debatable.

Let's not downplay a nuclear warhead and call it a large bomb rofl.
The absorbed ALL OF THAT ENERGY and let it ALL GO in ONE PUNCH to Sentry's face. Yeah, she temporarily KO'd him, but she herself commented shortly after that she was lucky to have absorbed the warhead when she did because that energy is what saved her ass.

Digi
Originally posted by Konton
Carol isn't even 100 class without proper amping. She clocks in around 70 tons from what she has displayed over the past 20 years. Energy absorption is debatable.

The absorbed ALL OF THAT ENERGY and let it ALL GO in ONE PUNCH to Sentry's face. Yeah, she temporarily KO'd him, but she herself commented shortly after that she was lucky to have absorbed the warhead when she did because that energy is what saved her ass.

To add to this, like I mentioned, her absorbing Apollo and attacking him with it is not analogous to the Sentry/bomb feat, because the re-released power would re-amp Apollo. Not to mention that his initial speed and strength edge allows him to dictate terms of the battle. He could force the fight to be in the sun if he wanted, and Carol wouldn't be able to stop it.

celeyhyga17
yep...

srankmissingnin
Apollo has been over powered by two horses... do the math. evil face

On a serious note: good fight, I'll give Ms. Marvel the edge.

Q99
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Physically at full charge, he's in the Majestic-class.

I don't think she can claim the same.

Warlord
Apollo unless:
1.Carol pulls a "Nefaria"
2.She gets Binary levels somehow

amnesia
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Apollo has been over powered by two horses... do the math. evil face

On a serious note: good fight, I'll give Ms. Marvel the edge.

Hercules had a hard time against a bull.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99

Yeah, Apollo and The High are Majestic class according to Majestic's files.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I don't care what her handbook says. I've seen current Carol go toe to toe with a possessed Wonder Man and I don't recall any amping involved. She can without a doubt hang with Apollo. I would place Apollo closer to the Thing/Colossus class than the Superman/Thor class personally. What's his best feat? Flying through a docking bay the size of a small continent?

Carol can not only absorb but amplify energy. Apollo is an effective solar battery, but that's about it. If I recall correctly, Carol absorbed Spider-Woman's bio attack, and amplified it to defeat the Red Hood and his entire gang once.

I'm not downplaying anything. I called it a large bomb because that's what I remember it being. I don't care enough about either character to double check. I flipped through the issue and it was a thermonuclear warhead. Nice showing for Carol.

According to her, they wouldn't have been able to stop him if not for her amp but I don't really see how that puts Carol in a negative light. Sentry was starting to Void out at that point, and was ripping into Ultron.

Hero mode Sentry would rip Apollo's head off if he had the inclination to do so by the way.

This battle would probably start out with the two going toe to toe until Carol senses or realizes Apollo's is a giant walking battery. I'd be willing to wager it's game over for Apollo at that point.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99

Define Majestic Class.

When on the Avengers, she was pushed as a heavy hitter. Of course Bendis is a fickle f*ck.

The Nuul
Apollo is not on the same level as Majestic.

Konton
If by holding your own against Wonderman you mean being knocked across landscapes, not dealing any damage, and kissing him to reverse the spell that put him into a blind rage... yeah. Gotcha.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If by holding your own against Wonderman you mean being knocked across landscapes, not dealing any damage, and kissing him to reverse the spell that put him into a blind rage... yeah. Gotcha.

She certainly seemed to hold her own here.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/MsMarvel/scan0005.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/MsMarvel/scan0006.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/MsMarvel/scan0007.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/MsMarvel/scan0008.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/MsMarvel/scan0009.jpg
Thanks to Rewmac.

Let's not forget that she'd be holding back to.

The Nuul
As for this fight, I think its close to the Apollo vs Cap Atom fight. However....Atom being better in all areas than Carol, still lost the fight without the Sun trick.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.