Superman Vs Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Who wins in this battle?

Harbinger
Apoc has the versatility to take wins if Supes is holding back. However, Supes can react--and thus attack--before Apoc and end things pretty quickly IMO.

Clark, 8/10 at least.

Stoic
I think Apoc takes this.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Stoic
I think Apoc takes this. no2

Slaanesh
Supes..he's stronger, faster and more durable..

TheTyrant
Adamantium body + strength to KO Superman FTW.

The Nuul
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Adamantium body + strength to KO Superman FTW.

lol

mighty adam
Adamantium body + strength to KO Superman FTW. i hope your jokeing? supes 10/10 no expression

The Nuul
Apoc is no threat to Supes. Supes deals with characters much higher than Apoc and after all, Apoc still plays in the kiddie sand box with the X-Men.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by The Nuul
Apoc is no threat to Supes. Supes deals with characters much higher than Apoc and after all, Apoc still plays in the kiddie sand box with the X-Men.

How many times are you gonna say that? Jean Grey or Rachel Summers can destroy ten Supermen easily with minor effort. And they have been X-Men members.

Originally posted by mighty adam
i hope your jokeing? supes 10/10 no expression

Nah. Apoc can and has turned his body into different sort of metals before, adamantium should be no exception. Then again, the haters want to come up with lame excuses to discredit Apoc of his own feats.

mighty adam
How many times are you gonna say that? Jean Grey or Rachel Summers can destroy ten Supermen easily with minor effort. And they have been X-Men members.

Nah. Apoc can and has turned his body into different sort of metals before, adamantium should be no exception. Then again, the haters want to come up with lame excuses to discredit Apoc of his own feats. no apoc is a beast but supes is just better he can beat him too many ways and adamantium will get dented by a bloodlust superman

chomperx9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Supes..he's stronger, faster and more durable.. thumbsup

chomperx9
Adamantium body + strength to KO Superman FTW. laughing

TheTyrant
http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-fat-american.jpg

Digi
Nah. Apoc can and has turned his body into different sort of metals before, adamantium should be no exception. Then again, the haters want to come up with lame excuses to discredit Apoc of his own feats.

I think the key words there are "should be." We can't just assume Apoc. can turn into adamantium, especially if he hasn't shown it. Your wording hints at the fact that he hasn't. If he has, please show me where and I'll be happy to reconsider. I understand such a thing as a logical extension of a power set, but this is far from it.

Kal's speed and strength feats top anything Apoc's done. Not an easy fight, but he wins.

iceman24567
Superman beats the stones out of Apoc

Mshinu
Poccy`s powerset is nearly perfect for taking out supes, he wins.

the ninjak
I love Poccy!

And when I joined this forum my idea of his abilities was pretty huge due to not only the comics themselves but TV and video games as well. His only weakness was his disturbed mind's logic, and lack of creativity.

Poccy in a no CIS/PIS environment is a monster, but I don't think he can beat Supes.

-The exact speed at which he can grow won't matter due to Supes speed.

-Poccy doesn't have telepathy strong enough to do anything to Clark. Poccy can tank powerful TP but that doesn't matter here.

-Poccy's durability and ability to make his form any element logically must exist.....sure, but until we see him become Adamantium the feat can't be used.

-Telekinesis is where Poccy shines for me but his feats haven't shown catching someone of this speed.

Poccy would have to capture Supes in a TK bubble and hope that he has enough strength to hold it. Before he can form his body over Supes and Create a Celestial Tech prison to adapt and hold him.

Supes is ready for anything and someone like Supergirl stands alot less of a chance.

Supes 8.5/10.

Poccy is made to beat beings with Supe's powersets but he doesn't beat Clark.

Nihilist
Apoc has great varied powerset to cause Supes problems, but he has no featsto say he can beat a hero the calibre of Superman.

-Pr-
Kal. Poccy doesn't have what it takes based on feats imo.

Also, lol @ Rachel/Jean beating Superman without some sort of phoenix upgrade.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by mighty adam
adamantium will get dented by a bloodlust superman ....... erm Fanboy please tell me, you also think a bloodlusted SuperMan can dent Juggernaut..... laughing

TheTyrant
Originally posted by -Pr-
Kal. Poccy doesn't have what it takes based on feats imo.

Also, lol @ Rachel/Jean beating Superman without some sort of phoenix upgrade.

Jean/Rachel are the Phoenix and the Phoenix is them.

The Nuul
Oh and BTW Apoc is about to get his ass kicked in by this lot...

http://marvel.com/news/all.13213.uncanny_x-force_revealed

laughing

Supes would laugh at this team.

-Pr-
Jean/Rachel are the Phoenix and the Phoenix is them.

except all the times when they aren't. erm

considering the people who've put down jean and rachel that were far below the phoenix, they couldn't be all phoenix at all times.

laughing

someone needs to do something about Land.

TheTyrant
except all the times when they aren't. erm

considering the people who've put down jean and rachel that were far below the phoenix, they couldn't be all phoenix at all times.

someone needs to do something about Land.

Roma in Excalibur #25 clearly stated that separating Rachel from the Phoenix Force, was impossible, due to the fact that the Phoenix Force at that time had bonded fully with Rachel.

laughing

Losing to a four armed guerrilla is worse than losing to that team. Especially when Apoc is going to easily out power them and punch them around - tbh, Apoc hasn't been defeated by them... Yet.

-Pr-
Roma in Excalibur #25 clearly stated that separating Rachel from the Phoenix Force, was impossible, due to the fact that the Phoenix Force at that time had bonded fully with Rachel.

i don't know how long ago that issue was, but even if it's true, the fact that she doesn't have full access to it would suggest that she's more than beatable.

and afaik, its never been stated that she has full access to it. same with jean when she hasn't been using the powers.

chomperx9
i don't know how long ago that issue was, but even if it's true, the fact that she doesn't have full access to it would suggest that she's more than beatable.

and afaik, its never been stated that she has full access to it. same with jean when she hasn't been using the powers. superman gets murdered and you know it.

TheLordofMurder
If Supes is in "not-BS'ing" mode, then he tears Apoc apart every single time...

Mshinu
Poccy drains Supes` bioenergies with a techno-organic "probe" while holding him in a force bubble. Supes enjoys it.

"Let it happen, let it happen..."

Stoic
Apocalypse would kick his a$$

Cubey
Supes 10/10, no contest,

TheTyrant
Apocalypse wins.

Sr J-Bieb
Apoc isn't getting stomped, but I can't see him winning either.

The guy gets underrated based on nothing and table dodging.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Apoc isn't getting stomped, but I can't see him winning either.

The guy gets underrated based on nothing and table dodging. my feelings about this perfectly

psycho gundam
http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-fat-american.jpg kinda want to know what that blob is that is jutting out of the other blob on her right side there

Uriel005
Depends on the Superman. If its DC-1 then I definitely go with Superman DC-2 is a toss up between the two. Apocalypse cannot go toe to toe with planet moving superman who takes nuclear strikes like a stiff breeze.

carver9
Superman 6 or 7/10. If poccy play his cards right he can pull some wins, if poccy actually use his full set of powers, he can pull a majority but to bad he will not do that with CIS on.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Superman 6 or 7/10. If poccy play his cards right he can pull some wins, if poccy actually use his full set of powers, he can pull a majority but to bad he will not do that with CIS on.

Whoever said anything about CIS being on? Poc has never been portrayed as a weak character, other than when he was not well rested. He has the powerset to upset Superman.

Xplosive
Superman wins.

Mshinu
Originally posted by carver9

Huh? Apoc is a supra genius rivaling the likes of Tony Stark, he ain`t stupid like Rhino.
What hinders him is PIS rather than CIS.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mshinu
Huh? Apoc is a supra genius rivaling the likes of Tony Stark, he ain`t stupid like Rhino.

he's not the smartest in a fight, though. superman actually is pretty good tactically.

Mshinu
he's not the smartest in a fight, though. superman actually is pretty good tactically.

What do you base that asessment of Apoc on? He has been shown able to adapt instantly to most threats. However for some reason he seems in no hurry to finish the fight, trusting his power and enjoying it in most cases. If he is vexed that changes however, like against Stryfe.
Supes seems pretty fond of just mixing it up with his fist, I am not sure that always equals good tactics.

-Pr-
What do you base that asessment of Apoc on? He has been shown able to adapt instantly to most threats. However for some reason he seems in no hurry to finish the fight, trusting his power and enjoying it in most cases. If he is vexed that changes however, like against Stryfe.
Supes seems pretty fond of just mixing it up with his fist, I am not sure that always equals good tactics.

you just answered the question of why apoc isn't a great tactician.

superman uses his fists when that's all he needs to use. he's shown more than once that against enemies strong enough to take his punches that he'll find ways to disable them or seek out their weaknesses.

Mshinu
you just answered the question of why apoc isn't a great tactician.

superman uses his fists when that's all he needs to use. he's shown more than once that against enemies strong enough to take his punches that he'll find ways to disable them or seek out their weaknesses.

So we can asume both will use their powers to the fullest then, no?

Apoc`s relaxed confidence in figts he is sure he will win does not hamper him any more than the fact that supes prefer his fists as long as they get the job done.

-Pr-
So we can asume both will use their powers to the fullest then, no?

Apoc`s relaxed confidence in figts he is sure he will win does not hamper him any more than the fact that supes prefer his fists as long as they get the job done.

in a forum setting, they'll use their powers to the best of their ability, not their fullest. cis-less rhino isn't suddenly better.

apoc isn't that great a strategist, though. he's great at big reaching plans, but in the thick of it, superman is better imo.

shiv
what defense does Superman have to Apoc phasing through him and phasing off with his head?

-Pr-
Originally posted by shiv
what defense does Superman have to Apoc phasing through him and phasing off with his head?

superman can phase too. and he's faster.

Mshinu
in a forum setting, they'll use their powers to the best of their ability, not their fullest. cis-less rhino isn't suddenly better.

apoc isn't that great a strategist, though. he's great at big reaching plans, but in the thick of it, superman is better imo.

Why? Besides having a far far more adaptable powerset than supes, Apoc has been shown very able to go for the quick finish when he wanted. As this is a one on one fight there is also limited strategy involved and in such encounters Poccy has been very able to react with morphing, absoprtion, energy fields, teleportation or whatever the situation warranted. He also has ages of experience on supes.

shiv
superman can phase too. and he's faster.

Apoc can fire a psi bolt at Superman through the astral plane forcing him speeding or not to turn solid and stop.

Apoc has enough power and experience to do this.
He also has the capacity to multitask and bfr

Omega Vision
Apoc can fire a psi bolt at Superman through the astral plane forcing him speeding or not to turn solid and stop.

Lol Apoc can't use the Astral plane. His status as a rudimentary telepath is questionable.

Starscream M
superman can phase too. superman wouldn't phase though

King Castle
no jobbing apoxy has the power to make short work of supes but cis on.. supes exchanges blws with apoxy lips and apoxy lips runs off after saying he has eternity to wait.

-Pr-
Why? Besides having a far far more adaptable powerset than supes, Apoc has been shown very able to go for the quick finish when he wanted. As this is a one on one fight there is also limited strategy involved and in such encounters Poccy has been very able to react with morphing, absoprtion, energy fields, teleportation or whatever the situation warranted. He also has ages of experience on supes.

powerset isn't shit without the nous to use it. enough people have shown that, not just apoc.

superman has over a thousand years experience. he'll do fine.

his telepathy isn't THAT impressive, and superman has stood up to stronger.

Originally posted by Starscream M
superman wouldn't phase though

why not? he's done it in combat before. he's as likely to do it as apoc is.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

Lord_Talron
... since when has superman been able to phase. WTF.

Mindset
Vibrating really fast, a couple times.

Lord_Talron
oh, i guess erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Superman wins... Apoc should pose a big threat and win some if not a majority. However, he is just full of fail and jobbing and thus will get steamrolled.

SouthSpawn
In Real life, Apoc wins hands down.

In Comic life, Superman wins.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
no jobbing apoxy has the power to make short work of supes but cis on.. supes exchanges blws with apoxy lips and apoxy lips runs off after saying he has eternity to wait.
How would Apocalypse, regardless of CIS make "short work" of ANY High Herald character?

Stoic
Originally posted by Omega Vision
How would Apocalypse, regardless of CIS make "short work" of ANY High Herald character?

Tech resources.

iceman24567
Superman's tech is pretty good the guy memorized the schematics for the miracle machine for the most part aleast

psycho gundam
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman's tech is pretty good the guy memorized the schematics for the miracle machine for the most part aleast that just proves he has an idetic memory. doesn't put him in doom status or something

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
Tech resources.
What about them? This isn't a prep fight.

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that just proves he has an idetic memory. doesn't put him in doom status or something Yes it does prove he has photographic memory but my point still stands. The Fortress of Solitude has some insane tech to say the least.

Stoic
Originally posted by Omega Vision
What about them? This isn't a prep fight.

Apocalypse has in the past used tech on his opponents on the fly, no? (War Hulk for example).

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

How the hell do you define "on the fly"?

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

How the hell do you define "on the fly"?

On the fly: He grabs a device out of his tight pockets, and tells people to say CHEESE!

shiv
Celestial Tech implants enable Apoc to teleport matter and energy from one point to another at FTL speed.

Apocalypse fights with forcefields which can and will slow Superman down from FTL speed, giving A-Poc the opportunity he needs to bfr the kryptonian in half.

Prep-Man
Supes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.