The Authority vs X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
The Authority----------------------X-Men

Jenny Quantum---------------Hope Summers
Jack Hawksmoor------------Madison Jeffries
Swift-------------------------Archangel
Apollo------------------------Namor
Midnighter------------------Fantomex
Engineer---------------------Warlock
Doctor-----------------------Legion

Warlord
authority due to more impressive feats IMO

The Nuul
Bump.

Digi
Archangel wrecks Swift and Hawksmoor wrecks Jeffries. Not sure on the rest, either bc they're close or bc I'm unfamiliar with a couple.

Glorificus
Depending which Legion it is, he could easily solo.

Digi
From what I know of Warlock, Angie probably takes it to him as well. Warlock was more erratic with showings, and Angie's damage soak is way better than most initially realize, so even if neither can fully win the tech-war, she can probably just brute force her way to a win.

If this is a team thing instead of individual matchups, though, obviously it just comes down to the Trans. characters. Every other matchup is just window dressing.

leonidas
be really interesting to see if midnighter could somehow counter phantomex's misdirect. if not, he could eff up the entire authority roster. warlock might be able to take angie IF he infected her, but he likely wouldn't and it would be interesting to see if she could fight off the infection. it's a good close match...

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
be really interesting to see if midnighter could somehow counter phantomex's misdirect. if not, he could eff up the entire authority roster. warlock might be able to take angie IF he infected her, but he likely wouldn't and it would be interesting to see if she could fight off the infection. it's a good close match...

Yeah, I can't really declare a tech winner between the two of them, so I'm assuming that side of it would be a draw. She's got some nanotech and subatomic-level feats that should immunize her from infection from Warlock.

Good point about Fantomex.

DarkSaint85
I'd give it to the X-men, just due to Fantomex. The only defence I can see is the Doctor and his Garden, presumably by them screaming in his ear that he's being fooled.

Digi
I could see MNer figuring it out too. But not right away. So yeah, Fantomex might be the key here.

DarkSaint85
Unless the Doctor, being so tripped up and high as a kite, decides NOT to trust his senses anyway, and negates Fantomex's attempts.

Mid's battle computer would likely be fooled, seeing as it has fooled Celestial tech.

Digi
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Mid's battle computer would likely be fooled, seeing as it has fooled Celestial tech.

I don't doubt that. I'm talking about him deducing it over the course of the fight before the others do.

leonidas
jim jaspers couldn't negate his effect, so i honestly don't see the doc being able to... i mean jaspers' power is actually SEEING the strings that make up and creation, and then having the ability to shift them around. and HE didn't know he was being misdirected so a long while....

nighter's tech would be fooled i'm certain (he even fooled apoc's celestial ship...) but nighter might know that he should somehow ignore everything he is seeing and sensing regardless of how real it seems. be an interesting match up if those 2 got together. on top of that, fantomex is a cap level opponent.

fantomex and midnighter would be the best match up of the group imo and may well decide who wins.

angie would likely kill warlock. his energy gets used up quickly and she has better offense. warlock would last for a while though.

DarkSaint85
I just want a fight where the Doctor's addiction actually HELPS him, dammit.

"Id"
When I made this topic, we did not know about Legions reality warping powers.

Digi
Yeah, Fantomex's misdirect is next-level haxx. I do think MNer would figure it out eventually, but not right away. It's also possible he could glean Fantomex's ability from his battle computer, and account for it before the misdirect happens. I see that as unlikely though. Same with the Doctor, but I think he'd take longer to figure it out. Either way, it's advantage X-Men.

Though, tbh, the only person who might see through it with any speed is Jack. Once merged with a city, his senses are basically conceptual. He can smell a candy bar wrapper remotely from miles away, or feel the breeze tickle a light post. Unless Fantomex can misdirect the semi-sentient essence that is a major city (and he might; who knows), Jack could possibly see through it.

Jack might be the key to this fight for the Authority. He's got one of the easier comparative matchups, and could see through Fantomex quickly. He'd need to save Doctor and Jenny in a hurry though. Otherwise, yeah, the Authority is in trouble due to the misdirect.

StyleTime
I don't think the misdirections are a big deal on their own. They don't typically last long but he practically guarantees the X-Men get a free first strike.

I'd also like to acknowledge that Hope is probably the biggest problem. She's literally all of her team wrapped into one person. She lands a misdirect then possesses The Doctor and Jenny. Pretty much good game right off the bat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.