Thanos vs. Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
1:Galactus is at 5% power
2:He is at 10%
3:He is at 20%

Who wins?

TheTyrant
5%/10%/20% of infinity is what?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by TheTyrant
5%/10%/20% of infinity is what? The GB can kill all of this galactus, can Thanos mustard a similar attack?... wink

Mshinu
Thanos knocks Big G`S helmet off. Galactus blasts Thanos twice, once to down his shields and once to reduce him to dust. The End.

Originally posted by Mshinu
Thanos knocks Big G`S helmet off. Galactus blasts Thanos twice, once to down his shields and once to reduce him to dust. The End.

Black bolt z
bump

Colossus-Big C
thanos eats galactus

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thanos eats galactus

laughing

this is actually possible- galactus has used his "hunger" offensively before to destroy the elders of the universe.

So if he's at 5%, he allows his hunger to consume thanos, and goes up to 5.00001%.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mshinu
Thanos knocks Big G`S helmet off. Galactus blasts Thanos twice, once to down his shields and once to reduce him to dust. The End. i dont know about the helmet part

chomperx9
also what would happen if galactus tossed thanos in his mouth. as in just swallow him but not chew him up so he is still alive.

Colossus-Big C
thanos probably can blast out of him

r0nm0n88
thanos loses all of those

King Kandy
Thanos fought a well-fed Galactus, I think he can win these or at least be competitive.

r0nm0n88
are you talking about thanos knocking galactus down. then galactus saying the next blast will kill you later on? didnt look close to me

and some say surfer is 1% of galactus, but its pretty well known he less than that. Galactus at 5% is still beyond thanos

Gecko4lif
1. Thanos possibly
2. Galactus
3. Galactus

marvelmadness13
I remember reading something where Galactus said he was a million times more powerful than the Surfer, so Norrin is .0001% of Galactus.

Psychopath001
Edit

Colossus-Big C
Thanos would be .0005% then

but still comics dont follow stuff like that really

i can see a galactus at 30% being chased off by thanos

janus77
Galactus obliterates Thanos in all 3 scenarios.

Thanos has no chance.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.Originally posted by janus77
Galactus obliterates Thanos in all 3 scenarios.

Thanos has no chance. Read Tahnos' series and then get back to me.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins. Read Tahnos' series and then get back to me.

Come on Quan. This is Galactus.

chomperx9
when was the last time they met ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Come on Quan. This is Galactus. Look at Galactus' power levels Thanos rocked a well fed not some crappy 30 percent power level Galactus.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos fought a well-fed Galactus, I think he can win these or at least be competitive.
Come on, buddy. He sucker punched Big G and only managed to knock his hat off and throw him into the dust. The attack caused Galactus no long term damage and only served to enrage him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Come on, buddy. He sucker punched Big G and only managed to knock his hat off and throw him into the dust. The attack caused Galactus no long term damage and only served to enrage him. He looked right at Galactus and blasted him. How is that a sucker punch?

Omega Vision
He looked right at Galactus and blasted him. How is that a sucker punch?
Its not impossible to catch someone off guard even if you're face to face.

quanchi112
Its not impossible to catch someone off guard even if you're face to face. Galactus announced his intentions about taking Thanos on so at that point it's not a sucker punch as both partied knew they were getting into a fight an dlooking right at each other.

Lord_Talron
you remind me of how JJJ perceives spider-man. he sees what everyone else does, but he interprets it to fit into his view of spider-man as a menace. whereas you see what everyone else does, yet you interpret it to fit your view of thanos. smile

Power Cosmic II
Galactus. Thanos is no threat to him

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
you remind me of how JJJ perceives spider-man. he sees what everyone else does, but he interprets it to fit into his view of spider-man as a menace. whereas you see what everyone else does, yet you interpret it to fit your view of thanos. smile What do I take out of context?

Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Galactus. Thanos is no threat to him So well fed gimme a percentage on what Galactus was when Thanos blasted him.

Power Cosmic II
So well fed gimme a percentage on what Galactus was when Thanos blasted him.

as i recall thanos was begging for his life at the end of that encounter...so that has zero relevance as G was never in any danger. He was knocked off his feat...dr. strange has done that before, even Thing. It's not a big deal at all.

quanchi112
as i recall thanos was begging for his life at the end of that encounter...so that has zero relevance as G was never in any danger. He was knocked off his feat...dr. strange has done that before, even Thing. It's not a big deal at all. So you feel that depopwered or weakened characters less than 50 percent don't change anything. Good to know and nice dodge.

The question isn't whether Thanos can beat 90 percent Galactus it's 30 percent which is 1/3 of that.

Power Cosmic II
So you feel that depopwered or weakened characters less than 50 percent don't change anything. Good to know and nice dodge.

The question isn't whether Thanos can beat 90 percent Galactus it's 30 percent which is 1/3 of that.

Dodge? I already stated that Thanos is no threat to him. What is there to dodge?

And no he cannot beat 30%. Annihilation Galactus was less than 30%. If we're going to play situational circumstances then Galactus can just ring off the same 3+ star system omni-directional blast, except this time just concentrating it all on thanos.

finished. no threat.

King Kandy
Come on, buddy. He sucker punched Big G and only managed to knock his hat off and throw him into the dust. The attack caused Galactus no long term damage and only served to enrage him.
Yeah, but this is a galactus that's only 5% of the one he faced. So he'd do way, way better.

Lord_Talron
What do I take out of context? when you interpret showings of thanos in the direct opposite way that every other single person on this forum does....

The Nuul
Question, all of this 90, 80, 50 10%, etc....I dont remember seeing any of that in the comics. Is those percentages ever in the comics? I know he he to eat etc....

janus77
Thanos is nothing to Galactus, at even "5%" (of what quantity?) he could drain Thanos dry and use him as a little vitamin pill.

or he could just obliterate Thanos on the spot, but that would be too quick.

Utrigita
Galactus for the win in all three scenarios.

As mentioned from my part before, are we to believe that Galactus drains himself from well fed to hungry shooting one blast at Thanos? The same Galactus that while hungry teleports the entire golden galaxy? Each is allowed to have their own opinion, but I simply can't see breaking Thanos Force Fields as being more power consuming then teleporting a Galaxy or battling Agamotto for that matter or so on and on. Lets also recall the incident from Annihilation where Galactus from my perspective was signifactly more depleted then in Hunger, yet still Thanos was preparing to jump ship because he didn't want to be on the receiving end of Galactus wrath.

basilisk
So you feel that depopwered or weakened characters less than 50 percent don't change anything. Good to know and nice dodge.

Thanos described his might as 'lilliputian' compared to Galactus. The Lilliputians were about 6 inches tall. So they were considered about 1/12 scale compared to a 6 foot tall man, or about 8.333%. Even taking Thanos' remark literally and not figuratively it still means that Galactus wins at 90%, 50%, 30% or 10% of full power.

Taking it further, Thanos made that remark about a Galactus who was not even at full power. Allowing for Galactus being at a middle range estimate of 50% at the time then Thanos actually comes in at less than 4.2% of a full power Galactus, and therefore loses even to a Galactus at only 5% of full power.

Therefore Thanos loses in all scenarios.

Nihilist
Galactus wins, all this % talk is pointless imho as we never really know what Galactus's limits are when at these power lvls.

King Castle
if galactus is smart he could beat thanos but i dont know the power consumption of his attacks..

at 5% i'll give it to thanos..

at 10% thanos is going to have to hit and run to deplete galactus power.. not sure 50/50

20% thanos gets easily smoked

basilisk
Originally posted by Nihilist
Galactus wins, all this % talk is pointless imho as we never really know what Galactus's limits are when at these power lvls.

Yeah, actually I agree since you won't see % in the comics. I was just bored.

G's power seems to increase geometrically anyway since his high end feats are orders of magnitude greater than what he does in more hungry states. He should destroy Thanos, end of story.

The Nuul
Cool.

kgkg
Thanos fought a well-fed Galactus, I think he can win these or at least be competitive. That wasn't a fight and I don't see how those showing leads to Thanos winning here.

Lord Feron
The Thanos and galactus tussle was more akin to Me fighting a baby but then I find out the baby has a strength of a 5 yr old but shock does not equal "he will give me a fight if I was weaker" it's more like shock = "Wow that baby it stronger than I thought I better use two fingers to kill it rather then just my pinky toe"

Juk3n
Galactus is as far beyond Thanos as Thanos is beyond high heralds. More infact, Galactus wins. and wins and wins and wins.

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Lord Feron
The Thanos and galactus tussle was more akin to Me fighting a baby but then I find out the baby has a strength of a 5 yr old but shock does not equal "he will give me a fight if I was weaker" it's more like shock = "Wow that baby it stronger than I thought I better use two fingers to kill it rather then just my pinky toe"

lol this is basically the truth

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Lord Feron
The Thanos and galactus tussle was more akin to Me fighting a baby but then I find out the baby has a strength of a 5 yr old but shock does not equal "he will give me a fight if I was weaker" it's more like shock = "Wow that baby it stronger than I thought I better use two fingers to kill it rather then just my pinky toe" quoted for truth!

Omega Vision
Yeah, but this is a galactus that's only 5% of the one he faced. So he'd do way, way better.
Are you being facetious?

quanchi112
Dodge? I already stated that Thanos is no threat to him. What is there to dodge?

And no he cannot beat 30%. Annihilation Galactus was less than 30%. If we're going to play situational circumstances then Galactus can just ring off the same 3+ star system omni-directional blast, except this time just concentrating it all on thanos.

finished. no threat. A well fed Galactus failed to kill him shooting directly on top of him yet you bring that weak blast which killed who again? The point is even a well fed Galactus depleted vital energies and Thor himself ran off Galactus while weakened so please try to use some rationale thought based on their showings not a biased answer because you like Galactus more.
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
when you interpret showings of thanos in the direct opposite way that every other single person on this forum does.... I am simply going over the facts here.

Originally posted by basilisk
Thanos described his might as 'lilliputian' compared to Galactus. The Lilliputians were about 6 inches tall. So they were considered about 1/12 scale compared to a 6 foot tall man, or about 8.333%. Even taking Thanos' remark literally and not figuratively it still means that Galactus wins at 90%, 50%, 30% or 10% of full power.

Taking it further, Thanos made that remark about a Galactus who was not even at full power. Allowing for Galactus being at a middle range estimate of 50% at the time then Thanos actually comes in at less than 4.2% of a full power Galactus, and therefore loses even to a Galactus at only 5% of full power.

Therefore Thanos loses in all scenarios. Well fed to me means around 80-90 percent full. Thanos showed sufficient power to throttle him and 50 percent lower Thanos beats him. Thanos, 10/10 in all scenarios. Thor can chase him off scared when he's really weakened so Thanos is annihilating him.

OneDumbG0
A well fed Galactus failed to kill him shooting directly on top of him yet you bring that weak blast which killed who again? The point is even a well fed Galactus depleted vital energies and Thor himself ran off Galactus while weakened so please try to use some rationale thought based on their showings not a biased answer because you like Galactus more.Failed to kill him? Thanos begged Galactus not to kill him and Galactus relented. And please confirm you're not suggesting that the Galactus Event was somehow weaker than the handblast he exerted on Thanos... Originally posted by quanchi112
I am simply going over the facts here.Try remembering the fact that Thanos admits he's done nothing but piss Galactus off with that shot. Try remembering the fact that Thanos also admitted his power is miniscule compared to Galactus'. Originally posted by quanchi112
Well fed to me means around 80-90 percent full. Thanos showed sufficient power to throttle him and 50 percent lower Thanos beats him. Thanos, 10/10 in all scenarios. Thor can chase him off scared when he's really weakened so Thanos is annihilating him. Just because Galactus was surprised by how much he had to exert himself to destroy Thanos' personal shields doesn't mean he's never exerted more power than that before. Galactus takes on In-Betweener, Mephisto in his own realm, Ego, Tenebrous & Aegis. Thanos is a mite in comparison.

He'd drive off a completely famished Galactus and that's about it.

Power Cosmic II
A well fed Galactus failed to kill him shooting directly on top of him yet you bring that weak blast which killed who again? The point is even a well fed Galactus depleted vital energies and Thor himself ran off Galactus while weakened so please try to use some rationale thought based on their showings not a biased answer because you like Galactus more.

Thanos begged Galactus not to kill him. You have no rebuttal.
A blast that vaporized a watcher and ran through 3+ star systems. Until you prove that Thanos tanks star system (which contains 2 solar systems) blasts, you have no rebuttal.
Thor ran off Galactus IN THE SILVER AGE. When the most powerful foe Galactus stated he had ever faced was Ego the Living Planet. This is current Galactus. Pay attention to the rules about current characters being used by default...you're getting a free pass here on Silver Age. Since you use that to ground your "rationale."

That was a bunch of text and subjective content. You still have to post facts.

Thanos has never beaten anyone anywhere near Galactus' level with his own power. Grasping for optimisitic conditions with no evidence just reiterates a non-argument. Thanos showed sufficient power to make Galactus angry. Where in the entire encounter was Galactus in any danger at all? When? You mean when Thanos admitted his blast did nothing at all? I think Thanos was talking specifically to you. He foreshadowed your false statements and gave you his own words to save you the trouble. **Yawn** at bringing up a silver aged feat against a Galactus that is clearly weaker than his modern (i.e., in the past 15 years) incarnation.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Failed to kill him? Thanos begged Galactus not to kill him and Galactus relented. And please confirm you're not suggesting that the Galactus Event was somehow weaker than the handblast he exerted on Thanos... Try remembering the fact that Thanos admits he's done nothing but piss Galactus off with that shot. Try remembering the fact that Thanos also admitted his power is miniscule compared to Galactus'. Just because Galactus was surprised by how much he had to exert himself to destroy Thanos' personal shields doesn't mean he's never exerted more power than that before. Galactus takes on In-Betweener, Mephisto in his own realm, Ego, Tenebrous & Aegis. Thanos is a mite in comparison.

He'd drive off a completely famished Galactus and that's about it.

I should have read your post before posting. It would have saved me the trouble of a response.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by basilisk

Therefore Thanos loses in all scenarios. Nice logic.I appluade but I don't think thats quite how it would work

Black bolt z
A well fed Galactus failed to kill him shooting directly on top of him yet you bring that weak blast which killed who again? The point is even a well fed Galactus depleted vital energies and Thor himself ran off Galactus while weakened so please try to use some rationale thought based on their showings not a biased answer because you like Galactus more.
I am simply going over the facts here.

Well fed to me means around 80-90 percent full. Thanos showed sufficient power to throttle him and 50 percent lower Thanos beats him. Thanos, 10/10 in all scenarios. Thor can chase him off scared when he's really weakened so Thanos is annihilating him. laughing out loud
SHow you non biased for galactus.We all know you are the most biased person on the forums.Everyone will say so.

no expression

Throttle him?You mean blast him back which thanos said did nothing then at the end of the fight beg for his life...

Personally I think thanos can take the 5% and mabye 10 but not any higher

King Kandy
Are you being facetious?
No... just because he was < a well fed galactus doesn't mean that he can't beat a Galactus that is 20 times weaker.

King Kandy
Originally posted by King Castle
if galactus is smart he could beat thanos but i dont know the power consumption of his attacks..

at 5% i'll give it to thanos..

at 10% thanos is going to have to hit and run to deplete galactus power.. not sure 50/50

20% thanos gets easily smoked More or less how I feel.

Omega Vision
No... just because he was < a well fed galactus doesn't mean that he can't beat a Galactus that is 20 times weaker.
You're just making empty assumptions though. We have no idea how to quantify Galactus's power at these arbitrary percentages, also we have no idea what percentage he was at during the event in question, he certainly wasn't at 100%, not even close. 100% Galactus probably wouldn't even notice Thanos much less get floored by a blast, albeit one that caught him off guard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.