Voldemort/OOTP/Death Eaters versus the Dragons.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Voldemort, his Death Eaters and the Order of the Phoenix are all that is left alive after the dragons from "Reign of Fire" kill every human on Earth. The ROF Dragons are joined by the 4 dragons from "The Goblet of Fire", and Draco from "Dragonheart."

It's a battle for survival. The battle takes place in and around the city where Bale fought and killed the kingshit dragon at the end of ROF, in broad daylight.

Who wins?

marwash22
He who shall not be named and crew, stomps!

"Avada Kedavra"...

/thread.

Rogue Jedi
haermm I dont think it's that simple. They are way outnumbered here, and not familiar with the terrain.

marwash22
numbers don't mean shit when you can turn into smoke, fly and one-shot your opponent.

Rogue Jedi
Well, that brings up a question. When a wizard is flying (half apparating), are they whole? Like if a dragon catches one in it's mouth in mid flight, is the wizard harmed?

dadudemon
Voldemort solos, imo.

marwash22
Nah, when they do go into that mode, they are intangible... but they can't attack in that form either. They'd have to return to normal in order to attack, but i don't see how that would be a problem. One-shotting is a pretty big advantage.

Also, fire ain't gonna do a darn thing to any of them...

UunqBAHBDo8

ares834
There is no evidence that AvadaKadavra instantly kills dragons. Although I think it would...

marwash22
Originally posted by ares834
There is no evidence that AvadaKadavra instantly kills dragons. Although I think it would... huh? the killing curse kills anything if the wizard is powerful enough... and i think Voldy qualifies as powerful enough.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by marwash22
Nah, when they do go into that mode, they are intangible... but they can't attack in that form either. They'd have to return to normal in order to attack, but i don't see how that would be a problem. One-shotting is a pretty big advantage.

Also, fire ain't gonna do a darn thing to any of them...

UunqBAHBDo8 They most certainly can attack while half apparating.

ckEBphnoJhs

marwash22
my mistake. Well, thanks for making my point for me. It's an even bigger stomp than i initially thought.

Rogue Jedi
But can fire hurt the dragons? They breathe fire, after all.

ares834
huh? the killing curse kills anything if the wizard is powerful enough... and i think Voldy qualifies as powerful enough.
That's a no-limit fallacy. I am going away from the movies here but there are some creatures that are invulnerable to certain spells. Hell there is this one monster, forgot the name, that looks like a giant Jaguar that has never been taken down by less than 100 wizards working together. If it was as easy as Avada Kadavra it would have been done before.

Edit: The creature is called a Nundu.

marwash22
Good question; I'm pretty sure their skin makes them resistant to most spells, but the killing curse is way more powerful than something like fire or the stun-curse.

That's a no-limit fallacy. I am going away from the movies here but there are some creatures that are invulnerable to certain spells. Hell there is this one monster, forgot the name, that looks like a giant Jaguar that has never been taken down by less than 100 wizards working together. If it was as easy as Avada Kadavra it would have been done before. you do know that Avada Kedavra is a forbidden spell, correct? Normal wizards would never use it... Voldy on the other hand uses that shit like it's second nature. Also, even if Avada Kedavra couldn't kill that particular creature, using it is completely invalid as an example because they have nothing to do with dragons.

Rogue Jedi
That's a no-limit fallacy. I am going away from the movies here but there are some creatures that are invulnerable to certain spells. Hell there is this one monster, forgot the name, that looks like a giant Jaguar that has never been taken down by less than 100 wizards working together. If it was as easy as Avada Kadavra it would have been done before. Mhm, and don't most spells bounce off of Hagrid?

ares834
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Mhm, and don't most spells bounce off of Hagrid? Yep. IIRC in the fifth book a group of Wizards woring for Umbridge attempt to capture Hagrid and all their stun spells bounce off him.

Rogue Jedi
Yep. IIRC in the fifth book a group of Wizards woring for Umbridge attempt to capture Hagrid and all their stun spells bounce off him. Well, we can only use movies here, so....dammit.

Still, I question whether fiendfyre will harm a dragon.

ares834
you do know that Avada Kedavra is a forbidden spell, correct? Normal wizards would never use it... Voldy on the other hand uses that shit like it's second nature. Also, even if Avada Kedavra couldn't kill that particular creature, using it is completely invalid as an example because they have nothing to do with dragons.
No I got that. My point was to bring up the fact that there are likely creatures that are resistint to it. Perhaps Dragons are as well. I still think the wizards will win, just not in a stomp like some people seem to think.

dadudemon
These are not Harry Potter dragons. They have no magical abilities. Even their fire-breathing is scientifically explained as being biological. (binary liquid ignition).

All spells will work just fine.

I WOULD suspect that their hides would be heat resistant, due to their fiery nature. Just enough to, say, fight with each other. For example: mating.

Rogue Jedi
Aaaaaaahahahaahahaa mating.

Hewhoknowsall
Yep. IIRC in the fifth book a group of Wizards woring for Umbridge attempt to capture Hagrid and all their stun spells bounce off him.

Really? Wow, to what limit can Hagrid resist magic like that? Could he walk up to Voldemort and punch him in the face? Or is Voldemort too powerful?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.