Revan & Malak - did they meet an ancestor of Jango Fett?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Yesterday I was looking through a book that described the Star Wars timeline and it mentioned that Revan fought a Mandalorian named Cassus Fett in the Mandalorian Wars. So, is it possible that Cassus was the first Fett? Not Jango or Boba?

ares834
Yeah he has been confirmed to be Jango's ancestor.

Vorpal Ruin
Was he the Mandalore in one of the KOTOR games?

Lord Lucien
No, that was Canderous. Cassus was presumed dead following the Mandalorian Wars.

Autokrat
Star Wars writers have no sense of scale. Having Cassius Fett be a direct relation to Jango and Boba over 4000 years is insane. I mean, granted, its entirely possible. All of us have direct relations to people 4000 years ago, but I challenge any of you to tell me who your great great great... grandaddy was 4000 years ago, or if the early bronze age chump even had the same last name.

RE: Blaxican
Haha, that's easy.

Adam's my great great great gretat great... really great grandfather, Eve's my really really great grandmother.

Qed foo', qed.

Autokrat
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Haha, that's easy.

Adam's my great great great gretat great... really great grandfather, Eve's my really really great grandmother.

Qed foo', qed.

But everyone knows that Adam and Eve were white... eek!

RE: Blaxican
Well my last name is Huggins... so some white meat got tossed up in there somewhere...

SWFan4Life
Originally posted by Autokrat
But everyone knows that Adam and Eve were white... eek!

Source plz

Q99
They've problem met dozens, if not hundreds of ancestors of Jango Fett. Among Mandalorians and elsewhere.

The way time works is if you trace backwards, people's family trees become really huge.

It's hard to know who is who ancestry over such a long period of time (though not impossible with good records. The big holonet crash and similar events may make that tricky though), but the likelyhood of that happening is reasonably high.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by SWFan4Life
Source plz

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-3/god.jpg

Good enough for you?

SWFan4Life
You sold me, Doc. It's irrefutable now.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Autokrat
Star Wars writers have no sense of scale. Having Cassius Fett be a direct relation to Jango and Boba over 4000 years is insane. I mean, granted, its entirely possible. All of us have direct relations to people 4000 years ago, but I challenge any of you to tell me who your great great great... grandaddy was 4000 years ago, or if the early bronze age chump even had the same last name.

The writers can do that because they are the ones who create the things in the Star Wars universe. If I create a story and identify the main character as being related to someone thousands of years ago then thats just the way it is.

mattatom
If the entire Fett line is Inbred that would explain alot and ofcourse due to Bacta the typical recessive and degenerative genes/qualities, may not be passed down.

truejedi
Its just weird that their names were still Fett. THAT doesn't happen over 4000 years.

Q99
Originally posted by truejedi
Its just weird that their names were still Fett. THAT doesn't happen over 4000 years.

Quite possibly it's an incredibly common Mandalorian name (It's like Kim or Lee in Korea). Or it was even dropped at some point then brought back during some mandalorian revival. Or at some point Jango's clan took the name of an old Mandalorian clan who happened to include his ancestors because he heard there was a link.

Lord Lucien
Over 4000 years? Bullpucky. Boba's daughter and granddaughter don't have it.

truejedi
lol, this is exactly true. this bloodline with a shared name has lasted 4000 years, but Boba Fett, the first one we saw, is the last one.

Q99
But they could've just re-adopted it at some point after losing it. Like, "We need to get ourselves more respect again! Someone dig through the history books, find a badass legendary Mandalorian who may be related to us! Yea, 'Fett', that sounds cool. Ok, from this day forth the 'Nnawbuut' family will go back to the historic name of 'Fett!' " -Boba's great grandmother.

It doesn't have to be "they kept the name through all the generations."

SithAce_1
In 2066 my last name will be a 1000 years old! And our records are not as technically advanced as the records in Star Wars. It is possible for SW people to date back that long ago. Their ability to travel around the galaxy is at least 25,000 years old proving how far advanced they are. Anyway thats just a sample of what they could have done IMHO.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Q99
But they could've just re-adopted it at some point after losing it. Like, "We need to get ourselves more respect again! Someone dig through the history books, find a badass legendary Mandalorian who may be related to us! Yea, 'Fett', that sounds cool. Ok, from this day forth the 'Nnawbuut' family will go back to the historic name of 'Fett!' " -Boba's great grandmother.

It doesn't have to be "they kept the name through all the generations."

Yeah, but I doubt that the writers for KOTOR decided to have a Mandalorian have the last name of Fett for no reason.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by SithAce_1
In 2066 my last name will be a 1000 years old! And our records are not as technically advanced as the records in Star Wars. It is possible for SW people to date back that long ago. Their ability to travel around the galaxy is at least 25,000 years old proving how far advanced they are. Anyway thats just a sample of what they could have done IMHO. Everyone dates back that long ago. Your ancestors didn't just pop in to existence.

It's just a little too hard to believe that one man's last name persevered through 4,000 years of turmoil, obscurity, and death. References like that in games are made with children and adults with the mentality of children in mind.

SithAce_1
I agree with ya Lord Lucien, Just sayin that it might be possible in the SW universe. Anyway just an opinion on topic tho. Not a big deal really. Later J.

Pwned
Wait, i thought the name Fett was the name of a clan of mandos, and when Jango was adopted he took the name Fett.........

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Pwned
Wait, i thought the name Fett was the name of a clan of mandos, and when Jango was adopted he took the name Fett.........

Good point.

truejedi
thats true... Jango wasn't even born a Mando was he? I had forgotten about that.

MasterAshenVor
A Fett is a Fett guys....it's not that hard to figure out...they named Cassus Fett, cassus FETT for a reason I would think. lol

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
A Fett is a Fett guys....it's not that hard to figure out...they named Cassus Fett, cassus FETT for a reason I would think. lol You have no idea what we were talking about, do you?

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by truejedi
thats true... Jango wasn't even born a Mando was he? I had forgotten about that.

Jango was a Mando.

Pwned
But if im right he was ADOPTED into the Mando clan Fett.....

I think its a Dark Horse comic? Not sure i saw it in Bounty Hunter (the game)

But if he isnt then thats why the name would not have changed for that long

Shey Tapani
His father was from Concord Dawn, which is a Mando planet, his father was a mando farmer.

Pwned
Ahh ok that explains it

I was wrong i guess XD

Still im pretty sure that Fett is a clan of mando warriors........

Jango may have been born a mando, but a farmer, i think he was adopted into the Fetts

Shey Tapani
Are mandie clans blood-related?

Because there is a clan Fett, come to thhink of it Kal Skirata accepted clones into his own clan.

There might be more Fetts then we think.

Lord Lucien
Or less.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lucius

That's be quite easy to do with a computer using, space age dwelling, galaxy, full of tons of sentient life.

Not so with some ancient bronze-age folks.

Edit - Point was already made. Nevermind.

InfernoJG95
As answer to wat someone said about bobas daughter not taking fett as a name perhaps women didn't take the same last name

Lord Lucien
Then the Fett line always carried at least one male... for 4,000 years? In human history, the only people who manage that are people who purposefully keep their last name, even for female marriages (AND the husband agrees with both that, and allowing their children to keep her maiden name).

Allankles
Originally posted by Lucius

Aye, it's a problem a lot SW writers seem to have. I'm looking at games like TOR where the stories for over 300 years revolve around a few force users when there's so much more to be discussed and mentioned in a galaxywide conflict. Extremely narrow minded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.