Dr. Mahattan vs Genis Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Who wins? The fight is on a desolate planet.

King Kandy
Genis negates Manhattan's existence through time travel.

cdtm
Genis brings past, present, and future versions of Manhattan into the same timeline, which causes reality to unravel, ending the universe...

guy222
genis

BlackZero30x
Im pretty Certain Manhattan is sort of "all knowing" but he can't do anything about it.....soo if say he saw his own death he would know but he couldn't change it sooo i doubt he can win

Vell for a solid majority!

tkitna
Manhatten

the Darkone
Originally posted by tkitna
Manhatten

are you serious or brain dead. Marvell would crub stomp him into :shit:

King Kandy
Manhatten
How. How could Manhattan possibly win this.

Mindset
It's funny, because Genis can do EVERYTHING Dr. M can do and more.

He's a worse match up than SS.

h1a8
Genis can come back from total destruction? He can duplicate his being how many times he wants? He can phase? He can transmute matter?

You need to show proof of this.

With that said, even if ANYONE who isn't abstract can do what Dr. M can do still CAN'T WIN. This is like Juggernaut trying to beat up another Juggernaut when both are indestructible.

iceman24567
Manhattan has no chance here it is far worse than him against SS

cdtm
Originally posted by Mindset
It's funny, because Genis can do EVERYTHING Dr. M can do and more.

He's a worse match up than SS.

The way he defeated his son was classic.

And really messed up.

h1a8
Originally posted by iceman24567
Manhattan has no chance here it is far worse than him against SS

Even if that is true then surely Vell has no chance either. Can't beat something that can all teleport, duplicate, and reform from total destruction.

iceman24567
Genis can and so can alot of other people Manhattan loses no expression

"Id"
Genis shows the Doc what a real God is made off.

King Kandy
Originally posted by h1a8
Genis can come back from total destruction? He can duplicate his being how many times he wants? He can phase? He can transmute matter?

You need to show proof of this.

With that said, even if ANYONE who isn't abstract can do what Dr. M can do still CAN'T WIN. This is like Juggernaut trying to beat up another Juggernaut when both are indestructible.
I already explained a way that Genis wins. Time travel, GG.

h1a8
Originally posted by King Kandy
I already explained a way that Genis wins. Time travel, GG. Well I guess Vell wins then, especially since the battlefield wasn't defined.

King Kandy
Well I guess Vell wins then, especially since the battlefield wasn't defined.
I can't tell if you're agreeing or disagreeing here, but he can change his location as easily as his time so you'd still be wrong.

"Id"
Genis can lock space, and contain him there.

h1a8
^How so when Dr. M can teleport. If timetraveling is allowed where Vell goes back before Dr. M became then he wins. Otherwise it is at least a stalemate for Dr. M.

marvelmadness13
Genis takes it. I don't know why so many people put Manhattan so high on the totem pole, he's really nothing but a weaker silver surfer. He has transmutation, cosmic awareness, etc but has never used them to the degree that most high heralds do.

Mindset
Originally posted by "Id"
Genis can lock space, and contain him there. Originally posted by h1a8
^How so when Dr. M can teleport. lol

King Kandy
Dr. M has never even shown the ability to cross dimensions. Genis can just BFR him to the negative zone.

iceman24567
Manhattan has never left the Milky Way erm

tkitna
I realize that Genis probably wins, but Manhatten only had one book so its hard to guage how powerful he really was. I do think that Moore intended him to be just shy of god though and I think he gets a raw deal around here.

King Kandy
I realize that Genis probably wins, but Manhatten only had one book so its hard to guage how powerful he really was. I do think that Moore intended him to be just shy of god though and I think he gets a raw deal around here.
Genis was pretty much god in his own series. That was one of the points of that series, which they talked about often, that he thought he should be considered god because of his power, regardless of what he did with it.

"Id"
^How so when Dr. M can teleport. If timetraveling is allowed where Vell goes back before Dr. M became then he wins. Otherwise it is at least a stalemate for Dr. M.

Its locked space, Dr. M would have to show if he can overcome Genis spatial ability using some form of point reference.

Mindset
But Dr. M can teleport!

jalek moye

Thats the nature of putting characters who are from books that are more implication and concept then feats in a vs forum like this

marvelmadness13
Manhattan was like a god in his world because he was the only super powered being in it. He's impressive but if you threw him in the 616 or New Earth universes he'd simply be one of many herald level beings, with many beings above him. The guy wasn't even capable of stopping a full nuclear strike, something the Surfer, Doc Strange, or Supes would have little trouble with.

"Id"
Originally posted by Mindset
But Dr. M can teleport!

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9748/bertsnaps.gif

h1a8
Originally posted by King Kandy
Dr. M has never even shown the ability to cross dimensions. Genis can just BFR him to the negative zone.

Good point. Perhaps Vell wins this way.

h1a8
Originally posted by "Id"
Its locked space, Dr. M would have to show if he can overcome Genis spatial ability using some form of point reference.

Vell can possibly win by BRF to another dimension.

"Locked space" has no meaning to me. You must provide the definition and show applications of it and how it would relevantly pertain to defeating Dr. M. Be specific!

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
Who wins? The fight is on a desolate planet.
I have a better question: will we ever find a good matchup for Manhattan that isn't spite one way or the other?

Genis Vell wins.

h1a8
^Good point. Maybe a decent magic user would make a good fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.