Zero Hour Parallax Vs Original Ion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/green_lantern_rebirth3.jpg

vs

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/gl-kyle2.jpg

cdtm
Tough call...

Ion had extra power from Oblivion, but Hal absorbed Time Trappers powers.

I'm inclined to go with Ion, on account of his power being free from the Parallax influence (You'd think the yellow and green powers wouldn't mix well), plus Ion did manage to spy on Hal and mask his presence from him while debating on whether to alter history...

Warlord
tie...they both had the full power of the oan battery

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
tie...they both had the full power of the oan battery

Didn't Parallax also have the Starheart?

Warlord
initially I don't think so...did he get it later?

Q99
I would say original Ion.

As ZH Parallax had the full battery, minus the bit Ganthet used to make Kyle's battery. Kyle had that battery too. Small difference to be sure, but there.

Kyle also impressed me a bit more with his control- the spying-on-Hal thing, the existing in multiple places at once (not constructs, actually being in more places). Maybe it was the lack of 'lax influence, but he got more technical with his powers.

Neither had the starheart to my knowledge (Alan and Jade were active throughout), just Kyle's second ion form involved a link to the starheart given by Jade.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Prep-Man

not to my knowledge....

as for power levels they should have been equals.....

as far as on panel showing I feel Ion was represented as stronger.

Warlord
how was Ion stronger? they were both afecting reality at the same level I think

Q99

At around the same level, yea, because it's the same power that got handed over. The only slight difference is Kyle possessed the power of one more GL battery in addition to the Main Battery, which is pretty insignificant next to the rest the two had but still there, and had the power of the whale instead of the bug.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Q99
had the power of the whale instead of the bug.

bug is way more awesome..that means Parallax win this..

BlackZero30x

well i personally said i felt they were as strong as one another......but do to Ion being represented on panel as stronger id go with him.....

basically what im trying to say is that Ion kinda "showed off"......for instance he was sitting in the Justice Leagues space station and during the JL meeting ships(if i remember correctly) White Martians came out of nowhere.....the alerts started to go off and then BAM it just dissipated

Ion proclaimed he had already taken care of it.....he also stated he went out their and confronted them but he didn't even need to he just wanted his presence to be known.

Ion was at several places at one time as for-mentioned including other planets.....preventing them from having war or drugs.

i even recall he told Hal(specter) that he could bring him back....change things so that everything would be right and hals city could live and nothing in the present would be changed.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Don't believe so, considering Alan Scott still had his powers.

But like I said, he did kill Time Trapper and take his powers.

Q99
Originally posted by Slaanesh
bug is way more awesome..that means Parallax win this..

Bug has a personality of it's own while whale is more of a power modifier, it responds to will but doesn't really have one of it's own. In other worlds, Ion is pure Kyle in the driver's seat.

Power wise they're pretty much identical.

"Id"

Avlon
I thought it was pretty clear from Spectre/Ion's conversation as to who is more powerful.

Spectre/Ion agreed that ION could have retconned parallax out of existence while both were masked from his cosmic senses right by him.

Ion ftw.

"Id"
The conversation was more of a moral stand point as oppose of declaration of inferiority.

Q99

Avlon
Originally posted by "Id"
The conversation was more of a moral stand point as oppose of declaration of inferiority.

The convo was about Spectre feeling that Kyle would alter history. Kyle felt that he could somehow keep history intact and still do what he wanted.

Both of them knew that he could change everything one way or another.

I would say that it's pretty much a given based on that convo alone.

batdude123
Been done to death.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
Note that Oblivion was made with the energies of non-Ion Kyle. It was another two years or so before he became Ion I believe.

In other words, Oblivion was what Kyle could do (barely- it was killing him) with the power that Parallax didn't get when the central battery was absorbed. Kyle =/= Ion doesn't mean he wasn't drawing upon the Ion energies subconsciously.

In fact, there was a specific storyline that explained Kyle was doing exactly that.

"Id"

Endless Mike
IIRC Ion was stronger

Galan007
ZH Parallax had the cumulative powers of the CB, and Entropy.

That -should- make him > Ion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.