Thor (Blood and Thunder) vs WWIII Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thor
(Blood and Thunder)

vs.

Black Adam
(WWIII)

Wild Shadow
pretty sure adam wasnt amp'ed he was outright pissed taking on nobodies..

i go with thor

TheLordofMurder
Unless someone intervenes on Adam's behalf, he dies here...

Wild Shadow
i am thinking he gets the beating of his life too..

guy222
poor adam

Warlord
thor

quanchi112
Thor rocks him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor beats the shit out of him.

Most people mistook what was actually ruthlessness for power in that arc.

Wild Shadow
i knew better.. embarrasment

bbrem123
alll i kno is thor will have some BA brain matter on his hammer at the end of this fight

Mshinu
The Surfer flies past later and whonder why on earth there is a giant pancake with a lightning bolt symbol lying around?

OneDumbG0
I'm surprised by the lack of credit given to WWIII Black Adam. mhmm

Blanket
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'm surprised by the lack of credit given to WWIII Black Adam. mhmm Adam rips his face off.

tkitna
Thor

h1a8
Blood and Thunder Thor didn't fight to the best of his abilities. He mostly brawled and threw his hammer. Black Adam will simply catch the hammer as Superman did and go to town on him. But it would be a tough fight for both.

Wild Shadow
you know that really shouldnt have worked... thor angry with a glowing hammer sould have crushed supes hand like red norvel did to hulk when he tried the same sh#$@

cdtm
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
you know that really shouldnt have worked... thor angry with a glowing hammer sould have crushed supes hand like red norvel did to hulk when he tried the same sh#$@

Speaking strictly for standard Thor, without powerups:

Adam doesn't have Supes problem with magic, though.

If he caught the tail end of the hammer swing, it should destroy his arm, but I could see Adam pulling a Nefaria, stopping it at the very top of it's swing, before Thor can really put his weight behind it.

Wild Shadow
it wasnt just that the enchantment of being worthy kicks in as well... so pushing against the hammer would still crush the hand like it did hulk..

ever since the supe, red hulk and hulk ppl have forgotten what the enchantment was suppose to do.

besides.. even if adam is immune to magic he can still get f$@!#$ up with a none magic blast.. pure energy.. incinerate the hand.

thanos-prime
Thor

cdtm
it wasnt just that the enchantment of being worthy kicks in as well... so pushing against the hammer would still crush the hand like it did hulk..

ever since the supe, red hulk and hulk ppl have forgotten what the enchantment was suppose to do.

besides.. even if adam is immune to magic he can still get f$@!#$ up with a none magic blast.. pure energy.. incinerate the hand.

The Red Hulk thing really stupid.

h1a8

Comics are full of contradictions but I say this

The hammer can't be lifted FROM THE GROUND nor wrestled from Thor's grip. By your logic the hammer hitting down on anyone in universe should crush them, even Thanos face. But that isn't the case.

I reason the hammer on the ground MIRRORS your own force trying to lift it but in the opposite direction. Thus your own force cancels with itself. That is why NO ONE, WITHOUT REMOVING THE MIRRORING EFFECT, can lift it, not even Galactus.

Wild Shadow
heres.. the problem one of the enchantments is that whatever it hits is suppose to be crushed.

but, thats beside the point the point is that this pushing the hammer in mid swing only became possible very recently and canceled what it had done in the past..

also this isnt any thor but blood and thunder thor.. if adam tried to pull the same sh#$ supes did his hand would be crushed since thor is far stronger then his normal lvls..

h1a8
Nefaria did the hammer thing eons ago though.

And blood and thunder Thor is NOT WM Thor. He was just crazy and not really in Warrior Madness. Also I believe, BY FEATS, Superman is many many many times stronger than Thor. Even a WM Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus

That's not actually what happened.

The Hulk stopped the hammer in mid swing like Superman. Seemed to have an easier time of doing it as well as I recall.

The hammer broke his fingers when he tried to lift it after Norvell let go.

Thor actually did nearly the exact same thing to Masterson as Superman did to Thor. Nearly the exact same position as well. Thor only caught the handle and not the actual head I believe.

Most of the time, blows from Mjolnir aren't any harder than a punch from Thor.

Wild Shadow
sigh... what feats?

thor has proven himself to be just as equal in strength as supes.. unless you plan on using the shotty writing they have had him recently....

blood and thunder thor was going toe to toe with drax and taking on the entire watch he was not in a true warrior madness but his strength was above his normal lvls due to the rage...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8

And blood and thunder Thor is NOT WM Thor. He was just crazy and not really in Warrior Madness. Also I believe, BY FEATS, Superman is many many many times stronger than Thor. Even a WM Thor.

Even going by their fight in JLA/Avengers, the two are clearly peers in strength.

You can see them trading punches, with their blows having the same effect on each other.

The notion that Superman is many, many times stronger than Thor is absolutely asinine.

Even the biggest Superman fanboy I've run into thinks Superman is 25% to 50% stronger than Thor as I recall.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Even the biggest Superman fanboy I've run into thinks Superman is 25% to 50% stronger than Thor as I recall. uh 25% to 50% is a lot

Rage.Of.Olympus
sigh... what feats?

thor has proven himself to be just as equal in strength as supes.. unless you plan on using the shotty writing they have had him recently....

blood and thunder thor was going toe to toe with drax and taking on the entire watch he was not in a true warrior madness but his strength was above his normal lvls due to the rage...

He actually treated Drax as just a joke. One shotted him etc.

Wild Shadow
the 1st time when he faced the team or when he fought him above paradise planet.. they were going back and fourth for a long period of time..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
uh 25% to 50% is a lot

That's halfway to being twice as strong as Thor.

I recall h1 stating that Superman was multiple times stronger than Thor. I believe he was using numbers like millions or billions in his insane calculations.

50% stronger isn't much in comparison to that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
the 1st time when he faced the team or when he fought him above paradise planet.. they were going back and fourth for a long period of time..

Well you said Blood and Thunder Thor. I believe that version of Thor was born when he fully descended into the Madness and the Blood and Thunder crossover started. This was right after he went toe to toe with Drax actually.

Starscream M

50% stronger isn't much in comparison to that. I agree that superman is not multiples stronger than thor (at least not at his regular base form)

but 50% is more than enough to be the difference

try fighting someone who is 50% stronger than you and you'll be hardpressed to win

Wild Shadow
Well you said Blood and Thunder Thor. I believe that version of Thor was born when he fully descended into the Madness and the Blood and Thunder crossover started. This was right after he went toe to toe with Drax actually. either way blood and thunder is far stronger then his normal self..

Rage.Of.Olympus
either way blood and thunder is far stronger then his normal self..

Well yea. Normal Thor holds back his strength significantly.

Spire
Even going by their fight in JLA/Avengers, the two are clearly peers in strength.

You can see them trading punches, with their blows having the same effect on each other.

The notion that Superman is many, many times stronger than Thor is absolutely asinine.

Even the biggest Superman fanboy I've run into thinks Superman is 25% to 50% stronger than Thor as I recall.

Stop.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree that superman is not multiples stronger than thor (at least not at his regular base form)

but 50% is more than enough to be the difference

try fighting someone who is 50% stronger than you and you'll be hardpressed to win

Maybe if they were having an arm wrestling match.

50% stronger than me in what way? Just because someone can press 50% more than I can or bench press 50% more than I can, that doesn't mean I'll lose at all.

Frankly, strength advantages don't mean that big of a deal real life fights from what I've seen. Unless their vast.

I'd rather fight someone stronger than me rather than someone faster or more skilled then me.

Wild Shadow
Well yea. Normal Thor holds back his strength significantly. he wasnt holding back with drax the 1st time which means that the second time there was a significant amp

Starscream M

I'd rather fight someone stronger than me rather than someone faster or more skilled then me. well therein lies the problem...superman isn't ONLY stronger, he's also faster (by far) and prob more skilled

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
Stop.

Stop what?

I have no doubt in my mind that Kurt Busiek wanted to portray Superman as having the strength advantage in JlA/Avengers but I don't believe for a second it was intended to be that vast. At least not from actually reading the comic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
well therein lies the problem...superman isn't ONLY stronger, he's also faster (by far) and prob more skilled

It wasn't my intent in using real life examples as direct analogies to comic book fights.

If these two had a fight, it would be strength vs. strength and power vs. power. You'd see the occasional use of superior speed such as Superman's opening move in their fight but that's about it in my opinion.

I don't expect skill to fall into account in a battle betweent hese two personally.

Rage.Of.Olympus
he wasnt holding back with drax the 1st time which means that the second time there was a significant amp

Hey, if it makes you sleep better at night, then sure, he was amped.

Just acknowledge that the amp wouldn't have come from an outside source and was Thor simply tapping into more of his strength.

There was a reason why we saw the Valkyrie lead Thor further down a stairwell of darkness in his mind.

Blanket
triple post triple post triple post

Rage.Of.Olympus
Edit. Edit. Edit.

OneDumbG0
he wasnt holding back with drax the 1st time which means that the second time there was a significant amp Or it was a lucky shot, or it was inverse ninja law, or a combination of both...

... or Drax wasn't really so much beaten, but more stunned with a sharp blow into coughing up the Power Gem. He wasn't laid out unconscious and half-dead. The Infinity Watch just knew to run away once Thor grabbed the Power Gem.

This "Thor was amped in Blood and Thunder" myth is grating.

quanchi112
Well yea. Normal Thor holds back his strength significantly. What hero doesn't?

Blanket
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Or it was a lucky shot, or it was inverse ninja law, or a combination of both...

... or Drax wasn't really so much beaten, but more stunned with a sharp blow into coughing up the Power Gem. He wasn't laid out unconscious and half-dead. The Infinity Watch just knew to run away once Thor grabbed the Power Gem.

This "Thor was amped in Blood and Thunder" myth is grating. Didn't he KO Drax with his wiener (may or may not have been his wiener) before he got the Power Gem?

OneDumbG0
^ Arguably. Or he was just knocked on his ass and got helped up. No real sign of grogginess when he bum-rushes Thor immediately thereafter.

quanchi112
Drax was never ko'd.

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
What hero doesn't?

True.

But some of them have "world of cardboard syndrome". In Supermans case, he's outright been quoted saying he's fallen into the habit of pulling his punches, early in his career against the first post crisis rendition of Bizarro. Perhaps Thor fans can point out similar quotes....

I know Siege: What If implied Thor only uses around a third of his strength, but obviously that's not canon.. But the issue must have gotten the idea from somewhere canon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It seemed like a knock out to me. Otherwise he was pretty seriously stunned. I would even count it as a win.

What hero doesn't?

Okay.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm
True.

But some of them have "world of cardboard syndrome". In Supermans case, he's outright been quoted saying he's fallen into the habit of pulling his punches, early in his career against the first post crisis rendition of Bizarro. Perhaps Thor fans can point out similar quotes....

I know Siege: What If implied Thor only uses around a third of his strength, but obviously that's not canon.. But the issue must have gotten the idea from somewhere canon.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AlwaysHoldsBack.jpg

quanchi112
It seemed like a knock out to me. Otherwise he was pretty seriously stunned. I would even count it as a win.

Okay. It wasn't a win at that point he was just helped by his friends.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was down on the ground at Thor's feet. Seemingly out of it. We didn't even see him for a few pages. I'm assuming he was down for those pages as even when we do finally see him on panel, his being lifted up by Maxam and his eyes look shut etc.

Anyways, I have to go to sleep. Later.

Bardo_Numsi
flawless victory by Black Adam

quanchi112
He was down on the ground at Thor's feet. Seemingly out of it. We didn't even see him for a few pages. I'm assuming he was down for those pages as even when we do finally see him on panel, his being lifted up by Maxam and his eyes look shut etc.

Anyways, I have to go to sleep. Later. This happens all the time where characters get hit, we don't see them for pages, then when we do they are back in the fight meaning they weren't defeated. Drax wasn't defeated at this point.

zeel

ROFL

Black bolt z
Blood and thunder thor would have beat thanos.Given enough time.

the Darkone
bump

JakeTheBank
Thor.

abhilegend
Split.

deathlife
I will go with Thor in this situation.

Dude was an absolute beast in the series.

quanchi112
Thor breaks him.

carver9
Thor breaks him.

I wonder if Thor or Hulk will break Thanos in the upcoming fight? What do you think Quan?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
I wonder if Thor or Hulk will break Thanos in the upcoming fight? What do you think Quan?

Hawkeye.

quanchi112
I wonder if Thor or Hulk will break Thanos in the upcoming fight? What do you think Quan? If that would ever happen then Jim Starlin comes in to make things right again. At one point Ka Zar fought Thanos until someone sensible retconned that nonsense away.

carver9
If that would ever happen then Jim Starlin comes in to make things right again. At one point Ka Zar fought Thanos until someone sensible retconned that nonsense away.

So if Thor or Hulk beat the breaks out of Thanos, will you accept it?

quanchi112
So if Thor or Hulk beat the breaks out of Thanos, will you accept it? Carver, this is pointless. You won't accept Thor bfring the amped Hulk off the planet. We will address what happens after it comes out. Just relax, bro. Thanos is greater than your heroes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The Heroes... especially the F4 will always win.. I expect them to win in the end... but get one shot and beaten down before they use a plot device to beat him

carver9
Carver, this is pointless. You won't accept Thor bfring the amped Hulk off the planet. We will address what happens after it comes out. Just relax, bro. Thanos is greater than your heroes.

WTF? I did accept Thor bfring Nul. Reread my post buddy. So you can't answer my question? If Hulk or Thor dominate Thanos, will you accept it?

quanchi112
WTF? I did accept Thor bfring Nul. Reread my post buddy. So you can't answer my question? If Hulk or Thor dominate Thanos, will you accept it? Because you're a simple person asking me questions about speculative bs. What if carver started understanding simple sentences ? What if carver began to understand the english language ?

carver9
Because you're a simple person asking me questions about speculative bs. What if carver started understanding simple sentences ? What if carver began to understand the english language ?

Avoid questions like usual Quanny. I'm use to it.

quanchi112
Avoid questions like usual Quanny. I'm use to it. You're asking questions about speculative nonsense. We've already seen Thanos overpower the Hulk yet you ignore it.

Blight
Starlin's gotta be getting up there in Age, I wonder what will happen when he's not there to explain Thanos' Losses.

You think he could go the route of Kirby's Darkseid?

Wait. Why are we talking about Thanos in this thread? CARTERRRRR!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Blight
Starlin's gotta be getting up there in Age, I wonder what will happen when he's not there to explain Thanos' Losses.

You think he could go the route of Kirby's Darkseid?

Wait. Why are we talking about Thanos in this thread? CARTERRRRR! Any character who has more showings is always more likely to have bad showings. Marvel should only have Thanos show up for big events. The writers who want to sell issues with Thanos showing up in their books are fools. The reason Darkseid went downhill is because he became a Superman villain.

Blight
Any character who has more showings is always more likely to have bad showings. Marvel should only have Thanos show up for big events. The writers who want to sell issues with Thanos showing up in their books are fools. The reason Darkseid went downhill is because he became a Superman villain. You are correct. I miss Kirby Darkseid.

Darkseid also shouldn't have been the breakout character to bust when forming the DCNU, that just added insult to injury.

quanchi112
You are correct. I miss Kirby Darkseid.

Darkseid also shouldn't have been the breakout character to bust when forming the DCNU, that just added insult to injury. The problem is they don't properly plan something epic. They shouldn't have just Darkseid show up in new dcnu for a few issues. They should wait a year or so and build up the jla. Then do a major story arc or crossover.

Part of the problem in today's comic universe is writers don't really care about continuity. One story Hulk is laughing off attacks from peers and in the next arc he's ko'd by some joker. Too much inconsistency. But writers don't really give a sh-t and want their issues to sell. They don't care about our passion for our characters and just want to tell their stories.

Blight
The problem is they don't properly plan something epic. They shouldn't have just Darkseid show up in new dcnu for a few issues. They should wait a year or so and build up the jla. Then do a major story arc or crossover.

Part of the problem in today's comic universe is writers don't really care about continuity. One story Hulk is laughing off attacks from peers and in the next arc he's ko'd by some joker. Too much inconsistency. But writers don't really give a sh-t and want their issues to sell. They don't care about our passion for our characters and just want to tell their stories.
Agreed. On both counts. Though, in a writers defense, there could be extrenuating circumstances. What happened in the 70's or earlier doesn't really need to be checked with such scrutiny; but if it were something that changes from say, a couple months ago, that would be gross misrepresentation. I find it's more important to tell a good story then to have one Feat match up with another.

quanchi112
Agreed. On both counts. Though, in a writers defense, there could be extrenuating circumstances. What happened in the 70's or earlier doesn't really need to be checked with such scrutiny; but if it were something that changes from say, a couple months ago, that would be gross misrepresentation. I find it's more important to tell a good story then to have one Feat match up with another. I agree and don't really get caught up in feats per say. I view all outside tech as plot devices. So even though Odin was speared earlier upon his return that doesn't affect how I view him against his peers. If a plot device has a history then it carries more weight but take for instance Tony Stark's satellites which put down the Hulk. Plot device. Completely irrelevant in the versus forum.

I just feel writers should keep the hierarchy maintained. Hulk shouldn't beat up Odin at full power. If he's weakened well then fine but things like consistently portraying characters I expect a little analysis on the writer's part not a Loeb type shitfest.

Blight
I agree and don't really get caught up in feats per say. I view all outside tech as plot devices. So even though Odin was speared earlier upon his return that doesn't affect how I view him against his peers. If a plot device has a history then it carries more weight but take for instance Tony Stark's satellites which put down the Hulk. Plot device. Completely irrelevant in the versus forum.

I just feel writers should keep the hierarchy maintained. Hulk shouldn't beat up Odin at full power. If he's weakened well then fine but things like consistently portraying characters I expect a little analysis on the writer's part not a Loeb type shitfest.

I guess they just needed to put Hulk down and since Stark was getting so much hate they decided it should be him. Kind of pathetic when you think about it. Sentry has been built up as this powerhouse with an unknown top end in labeling it "Power of a Million Exploding Suns" garbage. One has to wonder if they may have been setting that crap up to make Hulk look good.

And Loeb just.... I don't want to talk about it. Gone are the days of Peter David's Incredible Hulk. I mean incredible in describing the book, not the name of it.

quanchi112
I guess they just needed to put Hulk down and since Stark was getting so much hate they decided it should be him. Kind of pathetic when you think about it. Sentry has been built up as this powerhouse with an unknown top end in labeling it "Power of a Million Exploding Suns" garbage. One has to wonder if they may have been setting that crap up to make Hulk look good.

And Loeb just.... I don't want to talk about it. Gone are the days of Peter David's Incredible Hulk. I mean incredible in describing the book, not the name of it. Sentry has always been limited by himself/mental weakness. The Void was always the character who brought competence to the character. The Sentry is usually too addled by guilt.

Pak really sold the Hulk better than practically anyone. So even writers have their favorites.

the Darkone
bump

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by the Darkone
bump Why the hell would you bumb this? To hear people say Thor wins? erm

iceman24567
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Why the hell would you bumb this? To hear people say Thor wins? erm Somebody please call the Wahbulance for this big baby

JakeTheBank
lmao

Jimmies have been rustled.

cdtm
Thor wins.

the Darkone
Why the hell would you bumb this? To hear people say Thor wins? erm

Dont worry about it, either add your view points or STFU, it's that simple cry baby!!

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend
Split.
Agree. BA's head would get split wide open.bash

Golgo13
Thor gets one shotted. It had to be said. stick out tongue

ODG
Originally posted by ODG

abhilegend

laughing out loud

Poor rage.

h1a8
Thor's advantage is also his weakness. BA is more mobile and hammer free.
Thor with the hammer makes his strikes powerful but with slower recover times.

Also Thor in general>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blood and Thunder Thor IMO.
This is because Blood and Thunder Thor fought like an idiot mostly and not using his full power set. He used Mjolnir as a club mostly and did few blasts and few lightning strikes.

IMO BA beats him. Being faster, more mobile, and just as relentless gets the job done.

the Darkone
Thor splits BA in two!!

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor splits BA in two!! He didn't split BRB in two. Surfer fought like an idiot. Any sensible Surfer would have smoked Thor.
What good is a Thor who would only use Mjolnir as a billy club?
BA is faster and can has better mobility.
BT Thor is not the best Thor here.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

zopzop
Assuming no PG for Thor, WWIII Black Adam should take this. Thor fought like a moron in the B&T arc. If BRB wasn't trying to reason with him and pressed his advantage when he had it, B&T would have been over that very issue.

Sundipped
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Agree. BA's head would get split wide open.bash

laughing out loud
Good choice with the smiley. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
Assuming no PG for Thor, WWIII Black Adam should take this. Thor fought like a moron in the B&T arc. If BRB wasn't trying to reason with him and pressed his advantage when he had it, B&T would have been over that very issue. Thor fought very effectively in blood and thunder. I don't get where this idea came from that he fought like an idiot.

h1a8
Thor fought very effectively in blood and thunder. I don't get where this idea came from that he fought like an idiot.

He didn't use any of his abilities. He basically used Mjolnir as a billy club. He threw the hammer at Surfer, missing him. Surfer was idiot and didn't capitalize on a floating defenseless Thor. Then Thor got smoked real easy by BRB. One good shot and BRB comboed him.

zopzop
He didn't use any of his abilities. He basically used Mjolnir as a billy club. He threw the hammer at Surfer, missing him. Surfer was idiot and didn't capitalize on a floating defenseless Thor. Then Thor got smoked real easy by BRB. One good shot and BRB comboed him.
thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Thor fought very effectively in blood and thunder. I don't get where this idea came from that he fought like an idiot.

You are blind and see only what you want to see, and TWIST things in your mind with the end result of making Thanos look good...

For example, Thor was owning Heralds...Thanos subdued Thor...Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heralds.

So in your mind Thor's performance was elevated by the fact that he also faced Thanos and was subdued; you ignore just how "thug-like" Thor fought as a result...

You boost up Lord Mar-vell in similar fashion...

Your love for Thanos knows no bounds...

TheLordofMurder
Anyway, to get back to on topic, I wouldnt go so far as to give BA the win; this version of Thor was very dangerous...

Yes, he could be overly aggressive at times and error as a result (like how he errored against Bill), but he had several fights during Blood and Thunder where he was hyper agressive and didnt error (like when he defeated the Infinity Watch and when he soloed Surfer and Warlock together)...

I think Blood and Thunder Thor kills BA here more often than not...
Black Adam could get a few wins if Thor errors, but thats only if Thor errors (its not a given)...

Blood and Thunder Thor...7/10.

Juntai
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AlwaysHoldsBack.jpg 1976? lol.

Juntai
Originally posted by ODG
I'm surprised by the lack of credit given to WWIII Black Adam. mhmm thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Juntai
1976? lol.

"And to avoid the humbling of my friends."

You know its an old comic because Cap didn't try kicking his was for saying that. laughing out loud

quanchi112
He didn't use any of his abilities. He basically used Mjolnir as a billy club. He threw the hammer at Surfer, missing him. Surfer was idiot and didn't capitalize on a floating defenseless Thor. Then Thor got smoked real easy by BRB. One good shot and BRB comboed him. It worked. If you think he fought like an idiot I guess you missed the part where he was resisting warlock, Strange's efforts to subdue him. The guy was going through foes he previously stalemated on their own like teenie boppers.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You are blind and see only what you want to see, and TWIST things in your mind with the end result of making Thanos look good...

For example, Thor was owning Heralds...Thanos subdued Thor...Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heralds.

So in your mind Thor's performance was elevated by the fact that he also faced Thanos and was subdued; you ignore just how "thug-like" Thor fought as a result...

You boost up Lord Mar-vell in similar fashion...

Your love for Thanos knows no bounds... Thor's never owned the Surfer previously or after so if you think success is a reflection of stupidity think again. Thor wanted more. Thor was mowing down his foes and fighting effectively which is intelligence. If going balls to the wall while using your skills and power of your hammer is working why stop ? I am perplexed why you always bring Thanos into every thread you find little old me in.

Thor was well above his portrayal in this arc. Effective is intelligence. If I can score inside on you in a game of basketball why should I shoot three's ?

DTM
I dont think WW3 Black Adam was actually boosted in power, he was just really pissed off and not holding back. Thor was amped, big difference in power levels here. Id probably give the win to normal Thor over WW3 BA as well.

Badabing
Thor loses face...literally. Then BA punches the purple off Thanos, thus sending both Rage and Quan home in tears.

Juntai
Originally posted by DTM
I dont think WW3 Black Adam was actually boosted in power, he was just really pissed off and not holding back. Thor was amped, big difference in power levels here. Id probably give the win to normal Thor over WW3 BA as well. I believe the comic specified that Adam had 7 gods powering him, instead of 6. Been a while since I read it.

Adam's portrayal, and who he fought in WW3 was more impressive than Thor in Blood and Thunder smacking around Surfer and Warlock. Do you have an example of normal Thor doing as well against a team as formidable?

h1a8
It worked. If you think he fought like an idiot I guess you missed the part where he was resisting warlock, Strange's efforts to subdue him. The guy was going through foes he previously stalemated on their own like teenie boppers.

Thor's never owned the Surfer previously or after so if you think success is a reflection of stupidity think again. Thor wanted more. Thor was mowing down his foes and fighting effectively which is intelligence. If going balls to the wall while using your skills and power of your hammer is working why stop ? I am perplexed why you always bring Thanos into every thread you find little old me in.

Thor was well above his portrayal in this arc. Effective is intelligence. If I can score inside on you in a game of basketball why should I shoot three's ?

It was an illusion to Thor's effectiveness. All the character's were jobbing to Thor and fighting like idiots. Hell Thor received some good lumps from BRB and Surfer in the process. Thor has fought a lot better on many other occasions. It's not smart to use Mjolnir just as a billy club.

You can't count Strange and Warlock showing because that's when he had the PG. This is Thor without the PG.

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM
I dont think WW3 Black Adam was actually boosted in power, he was just really pissed off and not holding back. Thor was amped, big difference in power levels here. Id probably give the win to normal Thor over WW3 BA as well.

Thor wasn't amped. Unless you are referring the PG. I don't think the PG amped Thor that much and I don't think Thor has the PG in this fight (making it irrelevant).

To me, fighting smart while holding back>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fighting like an idiot and not holding back. Thor showed no greater power output (in his strikes or blasts) than a normal Thor. So how was Thor amped in your opinion?

the Darkone
Originally posted by Juntai
I believe the comic specified that Adam had 7 gods powering him, instead of 6. Been a while since I read it.

Adam's portrayal, and who he fought in WW3 was more impressive than Thor in Blood and Thunder smacking around Surfer and Warlock. Do you have an example of normal Thor doing as well against a team as formidable?

It was more PIS than anything in WW3 BA where was Superman, Wonder Woman, Orion etc... Thor B&T fought a team that had the infinity gems, Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer, if given the chance Thor would have done the same thing like WW3 BA but much worse IMO.

carver9
I think Wonder Woman was there as well.

juggerman
I think Wonder Woman was there as well.

Nope

carver9
Originally posted by juggerman
Nope

Oh, I thought I seen a small scene with her charging Adam with her sword in her hands.

quanchi112
It was an illusion to Thor's effectiveness. All the character's were jobbing to Thor and fighting like idiots. Hell Thor received some good lumps from BRB and Surfer in the process. Thor has fought a lot better on many other occasions. It's not smart to use Mjolnir just as a billy club.

You can't count Strange and Warlock showing because that's when he had the PG. This is Thor without the PG. Thor doing well and being effective is him fighting intelligently. You can't say or use a coulda woulda shoulda argument. Thor dominated. Thor wrecked everyone in his path save mighty Thanos. Thor was using his intelligence and other abilities to resist Strange and Warlock's efforts. That's intelligent. Originally posted by Badabing
Thor loses face...literally. Then BA punches the purple off Thanos, thus sending both Rage and Quan home in tears. Revealing a deeper, more beautiful shade of purple. All according to Thanos' master plan.

abhilegend
Oh, I thought I seen a small scene with her charging Adam with her sword in her hands.
It was donna troy. Anyway adam wins.

Badabing
Revealing a deeper, more beautiful shade of purple. All according to Thanos' master plan. laughing out loud

quanchi112
It was donna troy. Anyway adam wins. Based on what does Adam win ?

the Darkone

It was Donna Troy

abhilegend
Based on what does Adam win ?
laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud I believe Thor wins due to his superior power, ruthlessness. One thing Adam had going for him is that they pulled their punches. That was cited in the comic iirc.

h1a8
Thor doing well and being effective is him fighting intelligently. You can't say or use a coulda woulda shoulda argument. Thor dominated. Thor wrecked everyone in his path save mighty Thanos. Thor was using his intelligence and other abilities to resist Strange and Warlock's efforts. That's intelligent. Revealing a deeper, more beautiful shade of purple. All according to Thanos' master plan. Thor prevailed due to the enemy fighting more ineffectively. I don't know about you but we use a character's history to gauge things.
What about those times Thor got beat down by BRB or even Surfer? You wanna cry circumstance then?

PG Thor is different since he used the PG to repell the blast. Thor could have done that with Mjolnir but was too dumb to think of it.

quanchi112
Thor prevailed due to the enemy fighting more ineffectively. I don't know about you but we use a character's history to gauge things.
What about those times Thor got beat down by BRB or even Surfer? You wanna cry circumstance then?

PG Thor is different since he used the PG to repell the blast. Thor could have done that with Mjolnir but was too dumb to think of it. Black Adam was fighting against a whole slew of enemies trying to talk him down on top of fighting ineffectively. I think Alan was bumrushing him for crying out loud.

Thor beat BrB multiple times but since the Surfer re engaged it gave him the opportunity to gain an edge which quickly left when Thor fought and beat him down again.

Thor resisted other attacks prior to gaining the power gem. I mean you say Thor fought like an idiot while Black Adam basically just punched the entire time. LOL.

h1a8
Black Adam was fighting against a whole slew of enemies trying to talk him down on top of fighting ineffectively. I think Alan was bumrushing him for crying out loud.

Thor beat BrB multiple times but since the Surfer re engaged it gave him the opportunity to gain an edge which quickly left when Thor fought and beat him down again.

Thor resisted other attacks prior to gaining the power gem. I mean you say Thor fought like an idiot while Black Adam basically just punched the entire time. LOL.

I'm not even mentioning BA but Thor.
Truth is Thor has fought a lot better and smarter than he did in BT.

BA only has punches, and speed. Nothing more. He's a flying brick basically. Far less versatile but extremely effective.

celeyhyga17
Bump

Colossus-Big C
Doesnt matter if they were fighting ineffectively, Black Adam was just a brick throwing punches. Is it that hard to beat a guy who is just throwing punches? Despite the wide variety of exotic powers they had?

Black Adams fist are very effective

quanchi112
I'm not even mentioning BA but Thor.
Truth is Thor has fought a lot better and smarter than he did in BT.

BA only has punches, and speed. Nothing more. He's a flying brick basically. Far less versatile but extremely effective. I don't think so. He was effective and never more dangerous against his peers than in that arc. M

Thor is more powerful and his hammer will bring Black Adam down.

pym-ftw
Thor

Rao Kal El
I'll go with Thor on this one.

Never been impressed by WW3 BA.

Damborgson
Thor bashes his head in

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Never been impressed by WW3 BA. doesnt matter,
Do you think thor can pull of the same thing? No exotic powers no hammer.

h1a8
I don't think so. He was effective and never more dangerous against his peers than in that arc. M

Thor is more powerful and his hammer will bring Black Adam down.

He was seemingly effective because everyone fought like shit.
Even then BRB handed his ass to him one time and Surfer got his ass good with the board from behind trick.

BT Thor didn't nothing more effective than a normal average Thor. Just look at Thor history and you will clearly see this.

h1a8
BT Thor fought mostly with melee with some hammer throws and occasional lightning. Nothing too versatile.

BA has better mobility and speed on his side.

I go with BA here.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

Never been impressed by WW3 BA.

thumb up

Rao Kal El
doesnt matter,
Do you think thor can pull of the same thing? No exotic powers no hammer.

No, I dont think Thor could pull it off with out his hammer or other powers. But I dont think the Op asked for no hammer.

That hammer Thor has is an amazing weapon, probably the best weapon in comics, imo.

abhilegend
Adam wins.

quanchi112
He was seemingly effective because everyone fought like shit.
Even then BRB handed his ass to him one time and Surfer got his ass good with the board from behind trick.

BT Thor didn't nothing more effective than a normal average Thor. Just look at Thor history and you will clearly see this. No, they didn't.

BrB was saved and it was only briefly as Thor owned him again.

Completely untrue.

h1a8
No, they didn't.

BrB was saved and it was only briefly as Thor owned him again.

Completely untrue. here is an example.
Thor throws the hammer at SS and misses. SS shoots a blast at Thor and misses. Thor is floating at a stand still mind you. So basically SS not only can't hit a still target but he allows Thor to get his hammer back.

Brb smoked Thor so it was even Steven between the two.

Anyway if you think BT Thor fought more effectively than usual then what tactics did he used that was better than his usual self?

the Darkone
Thor

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor, not really much of a fight.

Black Adam actually beat an arguably more impressive line-up then Thor (Especially the Thunderbolt) but that's because there was as much intelligence used as Deathstroke vs. the JLA. I'm not talking about power-levels, in terms of relative power, Adam looked like shit. Seriously, lol at the implication that Power Girl and John were stronger then him. And Martian Vision melting his face? Some random Chinese ****s leaving him in such a bruised state? It was an awesome showing, but due to ferocity not power.

Thor would drop him super fast based on that. Like he'd be f*cked from a hit by Mjolnir to the face like every other herald during Blood and Thunder. Adam would fare a lot better imo playing smart, using his speed advantage etc. and praying to Shazam that he doesn't get hit.

ODG
Originally posted by ODG

abhilegend

Black Adam actually beat an arguably more impressive line-up then Thor (Especially the Thunderbolt) but that's because there was as much intelligence used as Deathstroke vs. the JLA. I'm not talking about power-levels, in terms of relative power, Adam looked like shit. Seriously, lol at the implication that Power Girl and John were stronger then him. And Martian Vision melting his face? Some random Chinese ****s leaving him in such a bruised state? It was an awesome showing, but due to ferocity not power.

Thor would drop him super fast based on that. Like he'd be f*cked from a hit by Mjolnir to the face like every other herald during Blood and Thunder. Adam would fare a lot better imo playing smart, using his speed advantage etc. and praying to Shazam that he doesn't get hit.
Tell that to BRB. A statement from J'onn doesn't mean anything when he was dropping elite top tiers like flies.

deathlife
BT Thor

Golgo13
Adam teth.

carver9
Thor wins after a good fight.

h1a8

The same logic you are applying to Thor comboing BA to ko can be applied to Thor as well.

Thor has a much better chance to hit BA with a normal swing than a hammer throw.

But this version of Thor meleed more than 90% of the time. So BA with the greater speed and mobility will definitely have the advantage (at least in the beginning).

Both can rock the shit out of each other. So it's a good fight either way but I see speed and mobility outplaying everything else.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tell that to BRB. A statement from J'onn doesn't mean anything when he was dropping elite top tiers like flies.

Yes, Beta Ray Bill temporarily got the edge over Thor. And you know how? He fought intelligently instead of going toe to toe, trying to match power. Which is exactly why I said Adam would do a lot better with a clear head, using his speed and skill advantage over a rampaging animal.

It was made explicitly clear that Adam did what he did because he was more ferocious and every attack was meant to be a killing blow or whatever. That's not going to work here, that method will just get him beat the f*ck up against Blood and Thunder Thor.

Lol? Yes, knocking out Green Lanterns that physically try to tackle you is impressive I guess, but Deathstroke can do the same. Besides that, what Elite Top Tiers are you talking about? Power Girl?

He did melt half of Adam's face off though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The same logic you are applying to Thor comboing BA to ko can be applied to Thor as well.

Thor has a much better chance to hit BA with a normal swing than a hammer throw.

But this version of Thor meleed more than 90% of the time. So BA with the greater speed and mobility will definitely have the advantage (at least in the beginning).

Both can rock the shit out of each other. So it's a good fight either way but I see speed and mobility outplaying everything else.

I think a hit from Mjolnir at this stage would be noticeably more damage to Adam then a punch will be to Thor. It's been a while since I read this arc but this Thor was as tough as a Herald could be, and that hammer was either rocking Heralds hard or just straight up taking them out.

Also, Adam seemed to take a lot of attacks to the chin during World War 3. IIRC that's why he looked like such a mess.

Naija boy
Thor hands down. The team in WW3 fought about as stupidly as I've ever seen any team fight and were explicitly mentioned to be holding back. Further adams durability was not really much to write home about in that arc.

abhilegend
Yes, Beta Ray Bill temporarily got the edge over Thor. And you know how? He fought intelligently instead of going toe to toe, trying to match power. Which is exactly why I said Adam would do a lot better with a clear head, using his speed and skill advantage over a rampaging animal.

It was made explicitly clear that Adam did what he did because he was more ferocious and every attack was meant to be a killing blow or whatever. That's not going to work here, that method will just get him beat the f*ck up against Blood and Thunder Thor.

Lol? Yes, knocking out Green Lanterns that physically try to tackle you is impressive I guess, but Deathstroke can do the same. Besides that, what Elite Top Tiers are you talking about? Power Girl?

He did melt half of Adam's face off though.

BRB beat the shit out of Thor while being heavily injured. That's what happened when Thor went against a true elite brick.

Just like BRB?

Beating an elite lantern even physically is not an easy task. Tell me of the times a brick has oneshotted a GL who is not named superman.

Alan, John, Guy, PG are all elites.

That didn't stop him from beating the shit out of manhunter in three punches.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>