If gt wasnt made do you think that akira could have continued z or had someone else?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

icecold707
Honestly i think gt had plot holes and it wuz pretty fukn stupid but if akira supervised it a little more it wouldnt hav such a deffinate ending and it would be pretty decent am i right?

Q99
Akira Toriyama wasn't interested in doing more. Heck, he wanted to end way back in the Freiza saga, and wanted to end the Buu saga earlier/differently too (IMO the Buu saga was a fair decline from previous plots already).

So I would not think it'd be his best work.

NemeBro
There is a noticeable decline in quality after the Freeza saga, that progressively gets lower as it goes on.

So while he COULD have, neither Akira nor I would have wanted him to.

danteiscool
yeah that's true. Akira wouldn't have continued with another DB I mean, the series was long enough as it is with the DB and DBZ manga. I admit that I would like to see a continuation, but only if it is much better than GT. however as much as I want to, I don't want Akira to do it if he is no longer interested in pursuing such a thing. it's his call after all.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
Akira Toriyama wasn't interested in doing more. Heck, he wanted to end way back in the Freiza saga, and wanted to end the Buu saga earlier/differently too (IMO the Buu saga was a fair decline from previous plots already).

So I would not think it'd be his best work.

I thought the Cell Saga was where he wanted to end it.

Which makes sense, because the original Dragon Ball was about Goku, but Z was more Gohans story. The end of the Cell saga would've been the culmination of everything since Radditz first kidnaps him...

Agreed that the Buu saga was the weakest show, and Toriyama simply stopped trying at that point.

Although it did have its fun moments, like Gotenks.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
I thought the Cell Saga was where he wanted to end it.

Which makes sense, because the original Dragon Ball was about Goku, but Z was more Gohans story. The end of the Cell saga would've been the culmination of everything since Radditz first kidnaps him...

Agreed that the Buu saga was the weakest show, and Toriyama simply stopped trying at that point.

Although it did have its fun moments, like Gotenks.

The Frieza Saga was, as originally conceived, going to end it, with the outs written later, you can even see the form it was going to take before some last-minute loopholes to save much of the cast. The dragon balls would be gone, Krillian and Piccolo dead for good, Goku as well, but with the greatest evils defeated forever and just Gohan and Bulma escaping Namek.

The Cell saga was also an ending point. And again in the Buu saga, it was supposed to be the final-final passing of the torch, I think Mystic Gohan was supposed to be it, he'd be the one to beat Buu and show Goku could rest easily, etc. etc..

Endless Mike
He wanted to end it, but his fans kept clamoring for more.

ImmortalIronMan
Akira wanted to end DBZ at the Frieza arc, but he extended it because people wanted to.

If people wanted him to continue it even further, then he could have.

deathcon27
i dont think he would have continued but i also dont think gt wuz the way to go(i also didnt like buu saga) in gt they made every single fighter (even the lame ones) tougher than ssj1 and in buu saga ssj2 isnt shown doing anything special or even used

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.