Which Power will you choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
You are tossed into an arena against 3 other people. The fight is to the death. Assume the 3 other people are your equals in fighting skill/experience/etc. Basically, in any fight you give yourself 50-50 chances against any of them. Before the fight starts, you are each given the ability to select one power from the list below. Once a power is taken, it cannot be selected again. They roll dice to see who picks first. You win (and thus get first pick). Which power will you select knowing that the fight will be to the death:

-Bone claw Wolverine's healing/claws
-Emma frost's diamond form (strength and invulnerability)
-Reed Richard's stretching powers.
-Gambit's kinetic charging ability plus 3 decks of cards.

You get ONLY the powers listed above. Nothing else.

You get 1 day to learn their abilities and then must then face everyone else in a free-for-all to the death.

The arena is suspended is around 1000'x1000' in size. The arena is covered with an energy dome that will basically kill anything that comes into contact with it.

marwash22
Gambit.

Everyone is getting blown up.

tru-marvell
I like RR power set better but for the purpose stated I'd have to take Wolverines...with my healing ability I'd doubt the other power sets here could kill me.

but then again there's that energy field which is stated to kill anything so I would choose Reeds and go for the "slingshot" the others into that to win...aside from that the only killable person here with these powers would be Gambit. So I'd go with the stretchy stretch

Parmaniac
Wolverine

psycho gundam
reed

-best range

-needs no real skill to use (gambit's shit could backfire cause throwing cards is hard as phuck)

-strength amp

-malleability to avoid/parry attack and counter

-reed in rubber ball form can wreck shit

-you can choke a bychh easily

etc

marwash22
GAMBIT!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Feron
The diamond form is that also with my nails and my teeth? You don't look at me it's a fight to the death i will scratch and bite you if my life depends on it!

Leaning toward gambit because if I can get within arms reach of anyone I should be able to blow off a head or a limb...

Warlord
reed

marwash22
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Leaning toward gambit because if I can get within arms reach of anyone I should be able to blow off a head or a limb... all of these people have to get close to attack, Even with Reed's power, you still have to extend a body part to attack me, so yeah... Gambit. Also, using my surrounding, I'd have infinite ammo.

Gecko4lif
gambit can charge people

or at least could originally before a got that part of his brain snipped

marwash22
^ didn't it get restored? by Sinister i think.

Gecko4lif
it did then he burned it out again

Plot ftl....

marwash22
Eh, there's still the fact that people would need to get close in order to attack me and unless you're fighting naked, Ill charge your clothing and it's a wrap.

Creshosk
Originally posted by marwash22
Eh, there's still the fact that people would need to get close in order to attack me and unless you're fighting naked, Ill charge your clothing and it's a wrap. If that doesn't work, you could always hit the dirt.

chomperx9
id choose wolverine

if i didnt get logans healing id choose reed

rotiart
Toss up between Rees and gambit
Reed can slingshot or bounce anyone into that field and kill them instantly. Since it is bone claw wolverine it is questionable whether reed would be cut... And diamond form is useless against an insta loss field...

As for gambit his charges are explosive and he can knock people out. On new son/sun levels gambit is the easy choice but at normal he is second runner up

Philosophía
Wolverine.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by rotiart
Toss up between Rees and gambit
Reed can slingshot or bounce anyone into that field and kill them instantly. Since it is bone claw wolverine it is questionable whether reed would be cut... And diamond form is useless against an insta loss field...

As for gambit his charges are explosive and he can knock people out. On new son/sun levels gambit is the easy choice but at normal he is second runner up

What do you mean diamond form is useless?

and as for gambit I don't think you have to be a new son levels to win in this fight.

Anyway Think my final decision is the Diamond form. Yes I will be fighting naked big grin and apparently Gambit can't currently ignite living tissue.

Gecko4lif
if your a diamond your not living tissue.

boom goes the dynamite

marwash22
great, you're naked. I have Gambit's power, how are you gonna hit me? You're far too slow.

Parmaniac
great, you're naked. how are you gonna hit me? I would use my shlong

Creshosk
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

boom goes the dynamite It didn't say living tissue, it said living things, you'd still be a living thing even in diamond form.

marwash22
It doesn't work on organic material. I don't think the diamond form qualifies.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Gecko4lif

boom goes the dynamite

but wouldn't i be living diamonds like colossus be living metal?

Lord Feron
great, you're naked. I have Gambit's power, how are you gonna hit me? You're far too slow.

also you think you can master throwing cards and kinetically amping your speed in one day? Also try not to blow yourself up stick out tongue

Creshosk
It doesn't work on organic material. I don't think the diamond form qualifies. Seeing as how diamonds are carbon, and in particular her's is derived from an organism (Emma) I'd say much like Colossus's organic steel that the diamond form would be considered organic.

marwash22
also you think you can master throwing cards and kinetically amping your speed in one day? Also try not to blow yourself up stick out tongue Why in the hell would i spend my day of prep learning how to throw cards? All my prep time would be used leaning how to control the timing of my exaplosions and how to amp my speed and agility. My weapons would be the ground... I'd blow up the ground and the use charged rubble to throw at my opponents.

Originally posted by Creshosk
Seeing as how diamonds are carbon, and in particular her's is derived from an organism (Emma) I'd say much like Colossus's organic steel that the diamond form would be considered organic. Eh, I'd shatter you before you ever touched me.

Creshosk
Eh, I'd shatter you before you ever touched me. I think you're confusing diamonds with glass.

marwash22
I think you're confusing diamonds with glass. nah, dude. Emma can be blown up in that form, i would think that if you get her power's you also get her weaknesses. If not, we can't restrict Gambit's power to only working on non-organic material.

Gecko4lif
but wouldn't i be living diamonds like colossus be living metal?

Colluses replaces the volume of his body with material from another dimension

emma actually converts herself into diamonds

h1a8
This is actually an IQ test. There is only 1 correct answer. The others are foolhardy to choose.

The obvious answer (if you want to live) is

Emma Frost

She simply punches, carries, or throws all members to the end of the arena, killing them by default.

marwash22
^ it's not Emma... it's you, with Emma's power. And how in the hell are you gonna catch and throw/hit me when our base physical stats are equalized but i have speed and agility amping? Also, good luck getting close to me while I'm chucking explosive rocks at your face.

Lord Feron
I think you're confusing diamonds with glass.

by the way where have u been?

h1a8
^ it's not Emma... it's you, with Emma's power. And how in the hell are you gonna catch and throw/hit me when our base physical stats are equalized but i have speed and agility amping? Also, good luck getting close to me while I'm chucking explosive rocks at your face.

You don't. The only powers where speed and strength are amped is Emma. You don't get Wolverine's agility, speed, reflexes, nor his strength. You just gets his healing factor and claws. Read the OP again.

Diamond form is highly resistant to Gambit charged throws.

Lord_Talron
you DONT get gambit's enhanced attributes, you only get his kinetic ability and 3 decks of cards. you will still be as fast and agile as normal

split between wolverine and emma for me. both are pretty much invulnerable for this fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
you DONT get gambit's enhanced attributes, you only get his kinetic ability and 3 decks of cards. you will still be as fast and agile as normal

split between wolverine and emma for me. both are pretty much invulnerable for this fight.

I just proven any choice besides Emma is foolhardy. Did you read my post? This thread should be now closed since I solved the puzzle.

It was stated that Emma has also her super human strength in this battle.
She doesn't have to beat Wolverine to death. Just throw, hit, or carry him to the end of the arena where he would die by default rules.

BattleMage
Emma

marwash22
wtf? Emma's strength amp is a byproduct of her diamond form, just like Gambit's speed and agility amping is a byproduct of his kinetic power-set... saying i don't get speed and agility amp's is idiotic.

so again, how are you gonna catch me? better yet, how are you gonna stop me from blowing your ass up?

h1a8
wtf? Emma's strength amp is a byproduct of her diamond form, just like Gambit's speed and agility amping is a byproduct of his kinetic power-set... saying i don't get speed and agility amp's is idiotic.

so again, how are you gonna catch me? better yet, how are you gonna stop me from blowing your ass up?

You didn't read the OP did you?

Reading is fundamental.

Q99
Even with a speed and agility amp, you wouldn't have any of his skill or practice with it. It's not the level where an unskilled person who suddenly has it will be unhittable. How well will you be able to throw accurately while running away from someone rushing you? Better than now, sure, but even with a boost I'd think that takes practice. Logan or Emma, you can forget having to learn about coordination and just rush the heck out of people.

I'd go with Emma. While the Wolverine power makes it hard to go down, we wouldn't have Logan's built up tolerance to *pain*. One card or deep claw stab and it'd probably take us a while to mentally recover from just the shock, which someone could take advantage of. Diamond form, you aren't going to feel a thing and can go all offense.

marwash22
Originally posted by h1a8
You didn't read the OP did you?

Reading is fundamental. Reading is fundemental; comprehending what you read is even more valuable. What part of my statement contradicts what's written in the OP?

Originally posted by Q99
Even with a speed and agility amp, you wouldn't have any of his skill or practice with it. It's not the level where an unskilled person who suddenly has it will be unhittable. How well will you be able to throw accurately while running away from someone rushing you? Better than now, sure, but even with a boost I'd think that takes practice. Logan or Emma, you can forget having to learn about coordination and just rush the heck out of people.

I'd go with Emma. While the Wolverine power makes it hard to go down, we wouldn't have Logan's built up tolerance to *pain*. One card or deep claw stab and it'd probably take us a while to mentally recover from just the shock, which someone could take advantage of. Diamond form, you aren't going to feel a thing and can go all offense.

First off, that's where the 24 hours of practice comes into play. Not saying i can completely master it in 24 hours, but I'm pretty darn sure i can figure out the basic mechanics in that time.

How well will i be able to throw?... wtf?! I've been throwing all my life, I already said that i wouldn't even waste my time trying to learn card-throwing... I'd use rubble to throw at people.

Also, you still neglect to counter the part about me blowing you up.

Angel Watching
Gambit easily. 3 deck of cards that's 156 cards! I could probably throw all of them at once an win. Stretch man needs 1 charged card. healing/bone claw on a normal man nothing big he goes down and back. Diamond would break with more than one. maybe throw 78

Black bolt z
Gambit.He could just knock people into the domes.

Creshosk
by the way where have u been? Didn't feel like talking about comics for a period of time since I didn't feel like collectiong any comics.

Now that I'm back to following a comic book series I felt like posting about comics again.

Creshosk
Reading is fundemental; comprehending what you read is even more valuable. What part of my statement contradicts what's written in the OP?

First off, that's where the 24 hours of practice comes into play. Not saying i can completely master it in 24 hours, but I'm pretty darn sure i can figure out the basic mechanics in that time.

How well will i be able to throw?... wtf?! I've been throwing all my life, I already said that i wouldn't even waste my time trying to learn card-throwing... I'd use rubble to throw at people.

Also, you still neglect to counter the part about me blowing you up. Even if its a by product in the comics it doesn't mention you get it here. You don't get the other parts of his kinetic control just the charging aspect.

And I seriously think that you're underestimating a carbon mesh such as a diamond.

I'm not selecting that but I don't think that trying to blow up a substance thats a crystal matix of carbon is the best idea to beat that power with gambit's charge up ability.

D_Dude1210
Actually, there is no wrong answer. Just need to explain properly what your tactics will be.

I'm leaning towards RR myself as being able to toss people in the field is a very viable tactic. But I can imagine how hard it will be to master his powers with only one day to figure it out. smile

Creshosk
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Actually, there is no wrong answer. Just need to explain properly what your tactics will be.

I'm leaning towards RR myself as being able to toss people in the field is a very viable tactic. But I can imagine how hard it will be to master his powers with only one day to figure it out. smile I imagine it depends on your level of body sense, agility and flexability before hand. Those with a higher level of body sense, flexability and agility might have an easier time of it with Reed's powers.

D_Dude1210
I imagine it depends on your level of body sense, agility and flexability before hand. Those with a higher level of body sense, flexability and agility might have an easier time of it with Reed's powers.

Agreed. Still it would be by far the hardest to master amongst the 4 powers.

psycho gundam
reed's powers make smothering and incapacitating a sure win.

not sure if emma can be choked out, but she still can't do anything about it.

batdude123
Dick choke ftw?

psycho gundam
yes:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5823/rvh1wd5.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9403/rvh2zh1.jpg

emma is no savage hulk in the strength department, and she doesn't seem like the type to swallow

darthgoober
I'd probably go with Reed because I doubt anyone else's powers would allow them to take me out. Reed's already proven resistant to Wolverine's claws even when they're covered with Adamantium and I'm pretty sure he's taken poundings from people a fair share stronger than Emma.

Creshosk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yes:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5823/rvh1wd5.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9403/rvh2zh1.jpg

emma is no savage hulk in the strength department, and she doesn't seem like the type to swallow That last panel reminds me of some people.

marwash22
how do you Emma doesn't swallow? Eh, apparently Hulk is a spitter as well.

psycho gundam
she's like elvira hancock from scarface to a tee, too pretentious to do it

the vatican decreed it illegal to take advantage of the mentally challenged sexually

chomperx9
reed can toss the other contestants out of the arena before they get any close to reed

so id choose his powers.

janus77
bone claws & healing power.
pain tolerance isn't a problem, you're not fighting ninjas or the Hulk... just other regular people.

healing factor would give me just enough encouragement to attack one-person at a time, rather than hang back and take a few sneak shots.

bone claws would dispel with all combatants bar diamond body, who I would grab and ram at the energy barrier.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by janus77
bone claws & healing power.
pain tolerance isn't a problem, you're not fighting ninjas or the Hulk... just other regular people.

healing factor would give me just enough encouragement to attack one-person at a time, rather than hang back and take a few sneak shots.

bone claws would dispel with all combatants bar diamond body, who I would grab and ram at the energy barrier.

Diamond body guy is far stronger than you, tho. If you attempt to grab him, you'll more likely end up in the energy barrier yourself.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'd probably go with Reed because I doubt anyone else's powers would allow them to take me out. Reed's already proven resistant to Wolverine's claws even when they're covered with Adamantium Really? Do you have scans? That would change my choice.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'd probably go with Reed because I doubt anyone else's powers would allow them to take me out. Reed's already proven resistant to Wolverine's claws even when they're covered with Adamantium and I'm pretty sure he's taken poundings from people a fair share stronger than Emma.

thumb up

He is the most versatile: indestructible skin, burn/explosion proof, ability to strength amp, etc etc.

Indestructible Skin (with a nice strength showing):
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/file0002l.jpg/
http://img338.imageshack.us/i/file0003p.jpg/
http://img18.imageshack.us/i/file0004oe.jpg/
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/file0011r.jpg/

Burn/Explosion Proof
http://img682.imageshack.us/i/file0010.jpg/
http://img441.imageshack.us/i/file0012t.jpg/

Strength Amping:
http://img534.imageshack.us/i/mrfantastic9ce.jpg/

I'd go with Reed. He can out maneuver, out fight, out muscle, out perform (wink) them all, choke them out or even slingshot them into the energy field.

I didn't even take the time to get scans of his sling shotting people (like She-hulk into the stratosphere) because it is such a well known aspect of his power. The others, while having good powers, are not as adaptable as Reed is to all the other powers.

h1a8
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

I'm leaning towards RR myself as being able to toss people in the field is a very viable tactic. But I can imagine how hard it will be to master his powers with only one day to figure it out. smile

All answers all wrong except emma. She can win every match easily by default (knocking them or carrying them to the end of the arena where they die).

-Pr-
Emma.

Creshosk
All answers all wrong except emma. She can win every match easily by default (knocking them or carrying them to the end of the arena where they die). Assuming that you can pick up the stretchy dude and not vice versa of course.

h1a8
Originally posted by Blair Wind
thumb up

He is the most versatile: indestructible skin, burn/explosion proof, ability to strength amp, etc etc.

Burn/Explosion Proof

Strength Amping:

I'd go with Reed. He can out maneuver, out fight, out muscle, out perform (wink) them all, choke them out or even slingshot them into the energy field.

I didn't even take the time to get scans of his sling shotting people (like She-hulk into the stratosphere) because it is such a well known aspect of his power. The others, while having good powers, are not as adaptable as Reed is to all the other powers.

Wow. I didn't know Mr. Fantastic can amp his strength or become stronger.

With that said, I think the OP says doesn't want him to have super strength, just being able to stretch.

If that is true then Emma is stronger and can't be overpowered by him. She can just carry him to the end of the arena where he would be killed by default.

h1a8
Assuming that you can pick up the stretchy dude and not vice versa of course.

Good point. The stretching dude doesn't have super strength by stipulations of the OP. So I would say he would be hard pressed to lift me from bad leverage point. If he can then I may be wrong.

Blair Wind

With that said, I think the OP says doesn't want him to have super strength, just being able to stretch.

If that is true then Emma is stronger and can't be overpowered by him. She can just carry him to the end of the arena where he would be killed by default.

It's still stretching. Just stretching/expanding the muscles of the body or putting a large portion of ones density (meaning stretching it) into one area.

Either way, who would be able to really grab him? He can compress himself into areas as small as a rivot hole as shown here:
http://img441.imageshack.us/i/file0007.jpg/

So he can either go with it and then compress himself upon them (ala the hulk showing), or escape in the space between their arms.

And if someone comes charging at him to hit him, he could just act like a bouncing ball and sling shot them away. Sort of like this (with them running instead of jumping):
http://img375.imageshack.us/i/file0009.jpg/

I don't see the others being able to win this.

Q99
Does diamond form even breath? If it does, yea, then Reed powers would win, but otherwise pretty good.

Yea, normal stuff becomes harder when you have to run fast and dodge around at the same time. That affects aim.

Hastily throw shots tossed over the shoulder are a lot more haphazard than a normal throw.

Oh, I plan on being made of diamond and rushing you.

Creshosk

If that is true then Emma is stronger and can't be overpowered by him. She can just carry him to the end of the arena where he would be killed by default. There's also the possibility of screwing up your leverage by spreding out and becoming floppy so that it'd be like trying to pick up a blanket with just two fingers.

The human body has a density close to that of water ~ 1000 kg/m^3. Emma frost weighs about 65.3 kg from 144 lbs

V=M/D = 65.3/1000 = 0.0653173013 m^3 or 65,317.3013 cc

The density of a diamond is 3.51 g/cm3

65,317.3013*3.51=229,263.728 g or about 500 pounds.

the ninjak
Reed.

Chicks will love it.

psycho gundam
thumb up

Burn/Explosion Proof

Strength Amping:

I didn't even take the time to get scans of his sling shotting people (like She-hulk into the stratosphere) because it is such a well known aspect of his power. The others, while having good powers, are not as adaptable as Reed is to all the other powers. reed stomps completely

There's also the possibility of screwing up your leverage by spreding out and becoming floppy so that it'd be like trying to pick up a blanket with just two fingers.

The human body has a density close to that of water ~ 1000 kg/m^3. Emma frost weighs about 65.3 kg from 144 lbs

65,317.3013*3.51=229,263.728 g or about 500 pounds. exactly.

just like i posted earlier, the more you pull on him the more he can simply loosen his structure and just engulf you.

h1a8

just like i posted earlier, the more you pull on him the more he can simply loosen his structure and just engulf you.

Engulfing Emma won't interfere with her walking to the end. She doesn't need air to breath or need to see and she has super strength and great weight. She would be like the juggernaut (relatively).

There's also the possibility of screwing up your leverage by spreding out and becoming floppy so that it'd be like trying to pick up a blanket with just two fingers.

65,317.3013*3.51=229,263.728 g or about 500 pounds.

She has Superhuman strength and weight. She just pinches a small part of him and walks towards the end without interference. She would be like the Juggernaut.

Good calculations!

It's still stretching. Just stretching/expanding the muscles of the body or putting a large portion of ones density (meaning stretching it) into one area.

Either way, who would be able to really grab him? He can compress himself into areas as small as a rivot hole as shown here:
http://img441.imageshack.us/i/file0007.jpg/

So he can either go with it and then compress himself upon them (ala the hulk showing), or escape in the space between their arms.

And if someone comes charging at him to hit him, he could just act like a bouncing ball and sling shot them away. Sort of like this (with them running instead of jumping):
http://img375.imageshack.us/i/file0009.jpg/

I don't see the others being able to win this.

A clinched fist or pinch between fingers has NO air between. He will be easy to grab by someone of Superhuman strength. She weighs about 500lb. so I don't see him lifting her. She just carries him (while he's in ANY FORM) to the end.

Blair Wind
Namor > Emma in strength. And Reed has gotten out of his grasp before.

Not only that, but Reed could ooze himself onto the floor and have them all step on him (while fighting eachother). Then expand into a ball, and slingshot them to the ceiling/energy grid.

Remember, there are other contestants in the arena, it is not just a one on one fight. Reed just is the best answer to the multiple threats the other people pose.

h1a8
Namor > Emma in strength. And Reed has gotten out of his grasp before.

Not only that, but Reed could ooze himself onto the floor and have them all step on him (while fighting eachother). Then expand into a ball, and slingshot them to the ceiling/energy grid.

Remember, there are other contestants in the arena, it is not just a one on one fight. Reed just is the best answer to the multiple threats the other people pose. Emma is invincible. She is Juggernaut here. Reed getting out of Namor's grasp is either due to PIS or Namor not using his strength to hold Reed properly. Reed CAN'T make himself slippery. He can only control how far he stretches, nothing more. Think of a rubber band.

Creshosk
Emma is invincible. She is Juggernaut here. Reed getting out of Namor's grasp is either due to PIS or Namor not using his strength to hold Reed properly. Reed CAN'T make himself slippery. He can only control how far he stretches, nothing more. Think of a rubber band. Given how far he can flatten himself, it's not inconceivable that he could flatten himself out of the person's grip.

All your strength means nothing if you don't have the leverage to utilize it.

But hey, if you don't believe me, take it from the hulk:
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5978/worldwarhulkxmen002015.th.jpg

Konton
reed's powers make smothering and incapacitating a sure win.

not sure if emma can be choked out, but she still can't do anything about it.

Emma doesn't need to breath in diamond form.

nah, dude. Emma can be blown up in that form, i would think that if you get her power's you also get her weaknesses. If not, we can't restrict Gambit's power to only working on non-organic material.

Emma survived GENOSHA in diamond form. She's not getting blown up by anything less than a diamond bullet to a the near microscopic flaw in her face.

The big problem here is that nobody can put her down, she doesn't fatigue, and she's got enough muscle to one-shot everybody here except Reed's powerset. And the problem there is that Reed takes much more skill to utilize than Emma does. No way someone is going to be shifting his mass into a fist, slipping through her grip, and stretching his whole body in just 24 hours =/

h1a8
Given how far he can flatten himself, it's not inconceivable that he could flatten himself out of the person's grip.

All your strength means nothing if you don't have the leverage to utilize it.

But hey, if you don't believe me, take it from the hulk:
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5978/worldwarhulkxmen002015.th.jpg

Emma is constantly applying pressure with the pinch. That means as Reed flattens her fingers will move closer together at the same time. It isn't if Reed flattens then her fingers stay that same constant distance apart.

Creshosk
Emma is constantly applying pressure with the pinch. That means as Reed flattens her fingers will move closer together at the same time. It isn't if Reed flattens then her fingers stay that same constant distance apart. All it takes is that split second to slip out.

Plus you've still got the problem where she would weigh the same thing as the Thing. What's to keep her from being launched into the field of death?

psycho gundam
^ reason doesn't work on that guy cresh, he's convinced that her power set affords her the clear victory and not her feats based on faith alone.

reed could just let the wolverine character dice her up or whatever as he bides his time. he doesn't even need to take her out.

Sr J-Bieb
Good point. The stretching dude doesn't have super strength by stipulations of the OP. So I would say he would be hard pressed to lift me from bad leverage point. If he can then I may be wrong. lol

This page is great. It made me read the OP even.

thanos-prime
I would pick reed's powers.

Konton
I still don't think a novice Reed is going to win here.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Konton
I still don't think a novice Reed is going to win here. How do you know how difficult it would be to learn his powers?

Konton
Can't say I have any solid evidence, I just don't think that shifting body density and becoming incredibly thin to escape someone who doesn't really have to try to use their powers fully won't happen in a 24 hour time span.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Konton
Can't say I have any solid evidence, I just don't think that shifting body density and becoming incredibly thin to escape someone who doesn't really have to try to use their powers fully won't happen in a 24 hour time span. And you're certain that it's not like learning how to flex a muscle?

I think you might be exaggerating the difficulty. It's not like its Storm's power.

h1a8
All it takes is that split second to slip out.

Plus you've still got the problem where she would weigh the same thing as the Thing. What's to keep her from being launched into the field of death? I disagree.
As he flattens so does her pinch. Emma's two fingers will always remain on Reed since she is always is applying superhuman pressure.

No one on the field is strong enough to even lift her. Remember the OP assumes Reed has only stretching powers with no super strength.

D_Dude1210
Well, the Reed power doesn't include Superhuman strength, but I do see him having a chance of launching

But I will have to agree the pinch strategy might be quite effective if it works. Thing is, how slippery is the diamond form? I assume that it's like a glass/crystalline surface.

staxamillion
isn't reed just about indestructible ?

go with him to suffocate the rest for the w

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.