Favorite Christopher Nolan Film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
With Inception just having been released, I'm assuming that many people (such as myself) are going to be thinking about Nolan's filmography.

The man's made several fantastic films; which one is your favorite? Or in your opinion his best?

I still need to see Inception at least once more to properly judge, but I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts/opinions!

* I urge you to watch Inception before voting.

MildPossession
I have yet to see Inception, so going by the others; it's the first one of his films I saw, Memento.

Robtard
Watching Inception tomorrow.

Off that list that I've seen, Memento.

dadudemon
I did not like the ending to Memento and it seemed to much of a gimmick for me to care too much about it. I do get the appeal of it, though, but I am not feeling it.

Someone should re-edit it all to play linearly. laughing

Of the films, I liked TDK the best, so far. I really liked The Prestige, though. Insomnia was good, as well. Well, all the films were good...I'm just naming ones that I liked better than the others.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by dadudemon

I think there's a feature/option on the dvd that plays it linearly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think there's a feature/option on the dvd that plays it linearly.

lol!

That like...defeats the whole purpose of the film!

I was just being a smartass. Well, with some re-editing, one could really make it seem like a good film, even in "reverse"...but one thing I would do to make it all make sense: I would cut out the last two "scenes" from the beginning and put them a the end..but have everything else play linearly.

jaden101
I've seen them all and Inception trounces them all.

BruceSkywalker
seeing Inception on sunday.. so right now i'd say The Dark Knight and Memento go 1-2 IMHO

Zoom
Batman Begins closely followed by Memento.

Alpha-7
Memento

Impediment
Memento was very original, but GOD!!...................it was BORING!!!!!!!

I haven't seen Inception, yet.

Gotta go with Batman Begins.

The Dark Knight is incredibly overrated.

RE: Blaxican
I want to say Inception but I just hot home from seeing it so I might be biased.

However... the only other movies I've seen beside it of his are TDK and The Prestige, and TDK sucked. Haven't seen The Prestige since I was like 13 or something... I guess I'll go with Inception then.

SnakeEyes
Anyone is free to dislike The Dark Knight, but to say it sucked is just ridiculous.

I think Batman Begins is one of Nolan's weakest films.

RE: Blaxican
I'd agree. I liked it more than TDK though, tbh.

Kazenji
The Dark Knight then followed by Batman Begins.

Abel
I'd probably put it in this order:

The Prestige
Memento
Inception
Following
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
Insomnia
Doodlebug

I think people would be doing a great disservice to The Prestige (most underrated film ever) and Memento in saying that Inception is his best film yet, though it was absolutely incredible.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by dadudemon
I did not like the ending to Memento and it seemed to much of a gimmick for me to care too much about it. I do get the appeal of it, though, but I am not feeling it.

lol

Yeah i can vibe with you a little on that comment. I don't know that i'd call it a gimmick, at least not in the way of, say...,Shutter Island sick The ending may have made the rest of the movie feel to dependent on the ending but had the ending been any different it would have not only compromised most of the legitimacy of the movie it would have changed it altogether.

Although, i still know how you felt. Movies like these that rape the audience at the end and reveal that the story that was just told to you was pointless because it was all a figment of someones imagination or delusion tend to make me feel short changed. Mamento, i think is different than those movies.

As for the topic. I would say, easily, The Prestige or The Dark Knight.

The Nuul
The Dark Knight but once I have seen Inception it will prob be that one.

The Power
Having seen Inception I would say that it is his best.

SnakeEyes
I can't decide between The Dark Knight and Inception. I'll have to see Inception once or twice more to decide.

ChocolateCake
Batman Begins

Myth
It is close for me between Dark Knight, Inception, and Memento. I think in the end it goes in that order.

Wanderer11
Batman Begins is his best in my opinion.

SnakeEyes
Having seen Inception a second time, I'd say it's about even with TDK for my favorite Nolan film. The concept is so unique, the acting is superb, the writing/plotting is extremely admirable and intricate. On the other hand, The Dark Knight created a wonderful atmosphere of unease, it pushes the Batman character to his limit, and showcases one of the most memorable performances in film history. That latter aspect may be the deciding factor for me; I unabashedly love Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker and I don't seem to tire watching it.

I'm gonna have to rewatch Memento and to a lesser extent, The Prestige to make up my mind.

Either way, Nolan rules.

juli888
The Dark Knight

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Wanderer11
Batman Begins is his best in my opinion.

The Dark Knight is his best in my opinion and Batman Begins would be his second best.
Havent seen The Following or Inception yet.I will of course be seeing Inception soon though.

Mr Parker
Anyone is free to dislike The Dark Knight, but to say it sucked is just ridiculous.

I think Batman Begins is one of Nolan's weakest films.

agreed.at least with the first sentence.He only puts down the Nolan Batman films all the time because he cant stand to hear the truth that they are 100 times superiour than those crapfest Burton films. laughing Here is the evidence,he has even said Batman and Robin is better than Dark Knight. laughing

Mr Parker
I can't decide between The Dark Knight and Inception. I'll have to see Inception once or twice more to decide.

I can already say as great as Inception will probably be,I know Dark Knight will still be the best for me.Cant stand Leonardo Decaprio.I really enjoyed Shutter Island but it could have been so much better with a different actor other than him in that role for me.

Myth
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I want to say Inception but I just hot home from seeing it so I might be biased.

However... the only other movies I've seen beside it of his are TDK and The Prestige, and TDK sucked. Haven't seen The Prestige since I was like 13 or something... I guess I'll go with Inception then.

You can't remember Prestige? It only came out 4 years ago.

And I'm with SnakeEyes on your TDK opinion.

shokosugi
INCEPTION no doubt. This movie is MIND BLOWING.

T.M
Inception
The Dark Knight
Memento
The Prestige
Batman Begins
Insomnia

Haven't seen Following.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Myth
You can't remember Prestige? It only came out 4 years ago.

And I'm with SnakeEyes on your TDK opinion.

my second post on this page above is his reason for why he puts it down. big grin

majid86
Batman Begins

jaden101
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I can already say as great as Inception will probably be,I know Dark Knight will still be the best for me.Cant stand Leonardo Decaprio.I really enjoyed Shutter Island but it could have been so much better with a different actor other than him in that role for me.

I disagree. I don't think there is another actor working today that could have showed the sheer intensity that DiCaprio did in Shutter Island. Inception was obviously a far more subdued performance compared to Shutter Island though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
I disagree. I don't think there is another actor working today that could have showed the sheer intensity that DiCaprio did in Shutter Island. Inception was obviously a far more subdued performance compared to Shutter Island though.

Though I don't agree to the degree of your decree, I agree that he greatly impressed me, you see?

SnakeEyes
Yeah, I was impressed with Leo's performance in Shutter Island, but he's not the ONLY actor that could've done it/showed the same level of intensity.

Wolfie
Memento, among my all-time favorite films

Nightstick
You know I'd never really looked at this guys film resume, but god has he made any good movies?

Batman Begins and the Prestige were okay and I'll admit I have haven't seen Inception, Following, or all of Memento, but Insomnia was crap and The Dark Knight was not far behind.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Nightstick
You know I'd never really looked at this guys film resume, but god has he made any good movies?

Batman Begins and the Prestige were okay and I'll admit I have haven't seen Inception, Following, or all of Memento, but Insomnia was crap and The Dark Knight was not far behind.

to say The Dark Knight was crap just shows that you have a lack of good taste in movies.Thats fine that you dont like it but to call it crap is just plain absurd and rediculous.

I just saw Inception and just I figured it would be,It was really good.really enjoyed it.My new rankings for Nolans movies would now be the same as it was before except I would put Inception third now before
The Prestige.so it would now go
1.The Dark Knight
2.Batman Begins
3.Inception
4.The Prestige.
will have to see Following sometime.only one I havent seen now.

as a side note,something I found interesting when the movie was over is I heard a voice behind me say-Christopher Nolan.He's a nut.He has some weird ideas when he is making these movies.I did like his last movie though The Dark Knight.that was realy good.He was the one that directed that movie.I thought it was interesting how she mentioned that he directed TDK but didnt say anything about Batman Begins.very interesting I thought. smile

-Pr-
Batman Begins
Dark Knight
Insomnia
Memento
Prestige

haven't seen Inception yet.

Bardock42
Memento for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.