Favorite Spielberg Film?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I guess I'm addicted to these favorite *insert director's name* film threads.

Spielberg's made a couple movies you might've seen. Which is your favorite and why?

jaden101
You missed out Duel which, for me, comes 3rd after Schindler's list and Jaws.

Although it was made for TV so might not count.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, I couldn't fit all of his films on there. Also, I haven't seen Duel; is it good?

And I'm embarrassed to say but... I STILL haven't seen Schindler's List.

RE: Blaxican
Jurassic Park for me. 2nd place would be Lost World, and third would be... hmm... either Saving Private Ryan or Munich.

jaden101
Haha...that is shocking.

Duel is one of the most tense films you'll see given that it has one plot point that runs the entire length of the film.

And you really REALLY do need to spare some time to watch Schindler's list.

Robtard
Empire of the Sun
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List

My top three favorite from that list. I'd probably give it to Schindler's.

Watch Duel, it's a great film. Low budget, focuses mainly on one character and it's done mostly in inner-monologue. Pure win.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
Empire of the Sun
Saving Private Ryan
Schindler's List

My top three favorite from that list. I'd probably give it to Schindler's.

Watch Duel, it's a great film. Low budget, focuses mainly on one character and it's done mostly in inner-monologue. Pure win.

thumb up

Impediment
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Schindler's List
Raiders of the Lost Ark
CEOT3K

In that order.

SnakeEyes
Saving Private Ryan is probably my favorite btw. Or Jurassic Park.

I'll watch Schindler's List soon; promise!

Zoom
Jaws followed by Raiders of the Lost Ark

Alpha-7
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Jaws

jinXed by JaNx
This was a tough decision. It really came down to, Jurassic Park or Saving Ryan. I think it's safe to say that these two movies are easily his most impactful films. It comes down to these two movies, for me, because not only did they both change filming techniques (or technologies, in Jurassic parks case) but they also helped to refine the expectations of film audiences. You will hear people in the film industry often speak about how sophisticated film fans have become and consequentially it has become harder to convince and entertain them. These two movies are prime examples of how this happens. Just like Star Wars, these two movies revolutionized their genres during a time when no one else was trying.

Even though i chose, Saving Private Ryan as my favorite i think, Jurassic Park has to be his most successful film. Yeah, Spielberg may have gotten extremely lucky by accidently stumbling across a very talented graphic arts developer (lets face it we wouldnt be talking about this movie today had it been filmed using stop motion effects like originally intended) but i think the movie best illustrates what kind of visionary, Spielberg can be.

Private Ryan on the other hand...,well i don't think anyone needs to explain why this one is considered as one of, if not, his best. Everything, from the settings, props, costumes, history acting and effects were authentic Even though the movie later adopts a more traditional hollywood war movie, atmosphere, the visceral and sobering action never do. I'm sure it wouldnt be hard to motivate actors on a film set like this movie but some of the performances in this movie are beautifully directed and edited. It changed how we look at war movies and what we expect from them. It also inspired a generation to take more interest in their war veterans. Yeah, ok, the realistic violence and settings may have been the main factors as to why so many scenes from the movie are seared into our heads forever, but it took the vision and drive of spielberg to make it happen

steverules_2
Love Jaws and Jurassic park but for Jaws was better

MildPossession
Schindler's List for me.

The Nuul
Jurassic Park

The Power
Jaws is by far his best film in my opinion.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Jurassic Park for me. 2nd place would be Lost World, and third would be... hmm... either Saving Private Ryan or Munich.

Lost World, really? That's one of his worse imo. First Jurassic Park is fantastic though.

Abel
1. Schindler's List
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Munich
4. Minority Report
5. Artificial Intelligence: AI

Those are my personal top 5 of his (last two films hugely underrated imo).

ChocolateCake
Saving Private Ryan

K.Diddy
beer It would have to be Jaws for me

Wanderer11
Jaws is a classic.

majid86
Jurassic Park FTW
E.T comes 2nd

Darth Martin
1.Saving Private Ryan
2.Minority Report
3.Jaws
4.Jurassic Park
5.Raiders of the Lost Ark

Still want to see Schindler's List and Munich.

juli888
Indiana Jones - specify which - (1981, 1984, 1989, 2008). This interesting adventure. Looks very easily, on one breath.

Mr Parker
Schindlers List followed closely by Raiders Of The Lost Ark.The original Indiana Jones I always thought was the best of the triology which is all it ever should have been.The last one was just plain god awful horrible. sick

Jaws used to be when I was little.Scared the hell out of me then and like many,had the impact of making me afraid to go into the ocean on vacation trips.

ADarksideJedi
There is alot on that list that I like starting with

Empire of the Sun (1987)
Hook
Jaws

ADarksideJedi
and Jurassic Park - specify which - (1993, 1997)

Nightstick
For me its
Indiana Jones(Ark or Last Crusade, depends on the day)
then
Jurassic Park(First)

, But its damn close between those two and many of his other movies are great as well. In other words it hard to pick a favorite movie from a director like Spielberg.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Wanderer11
Jaws is a classic.

beer I swear,I must of seen that movie 50 times

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.