Palpatine vs. Dooku, MAREK & Lumiya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
His Imperial Majesty, the Galactic Emperor Palpatine (circa the Force Unleashed ) versus Darth Tyranus, Darth Malak,Galan Marek, and Lumiya (circa the Legacy of the Force) in the Geonosian Arena.

Note: Due to certain posters being malicious sumbitches, poor Malak has been replaced with Galan "Starkilla" Marek.

Vorpal Ruin
Not sure what Malak brings to the table, seems just like another person for Palpatine to kill. Lumiya's whip would probably hinder her own team. She would probably be better using force phantoms or battle meditation. Does she even know battle meditation? Maybe with BM empowered Dooku and Malak they could get a few wins. Palpatine for the majority though.

Gideon
Malak, IIRC, was reputed to be a pretty badass duelist. I personally consider him to be on Dooku's tier, but not quite as skilled.

Galan007
Not familiar with Malak, but if he doesn't bring something big to the table, then it's hard to imagine the team winning. /shrug

Gideon
Fine, you sumbitches. Take out Malak and replace him with Marek!

Vorpal Ruin
If thats the case, and if Lumiya does know battle meditation, then i'm going with the team then. Two duelists of Dooku's caliber, aided with BM, should be sufficient. Hopefully they can keep Palpatine busy enough to not let him get to Lumiya.

That was said before you changed it to Marek.

Gideon
The reason I selected these three is because while obviously none of them is as powerful as Palpatine, they all provide unique strengths and (if they work as an effective team) can compliment one another in a insidiously efficient fashion. All three are powerful Force adepts (Marek and Dooku are each prodigious in terms of their connection to the Force). Dooku is a highly trained classical duelist (one of the very best evar) with presumably functional knowledge on all of the fighting forms (including Vaapad); Marek is the team's heavy hitter and wrecking ball, but is also a master of Juyo, which means he's "a high end master of multiple forms." Lumiya, while not as skilled as either of her teammates, is equipped with certain esoteric abilities and is the only one to demonstrate anything approaching Palpatine's cunning.

Hewhoknowsall
Zomg Marek cloaks himself and solos!!!!!!

Seriously though, if the 3 coordinate their tactics and work well together, they have a very good chance of winning.

Gideon
^ Let me guess. One of these guys (probably Lumiya) cloaks themselves within the Force, kills Palpatine, and goes on to rule the Empire?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Gideon
^ Let me guess. One of these guys (probably Lumiya) cloaks themselves within the Force, kills Palpatine, and goes on to rule the Empire?

Let me guess. Lumiya tries to do that, but Sidious uses his ultra security guards and cameras, and the mortal, non Force sensitive people viewing the footage can detect Jedi that can move faster than the eye can see (such as Grand Master Luke Skywalker) and pwns Lumiya. Then he uses his ultra hide himself from the Force skills to kill the other two.

Gideon
^

Is this your argument how it's entirely plausible and how Palpatine became Emperor through a raffling contest?

Hewhoknowsall
What? How could I think of such a thing? Sidious has ultra cool security, such as his guards that can't hit a guy from 50 meters despite having space age targeting devices and his security cameras that are being monitored by guards that are non Force sensitive and likely poorly motivated!

truejedi
Sidious is toast to the updated team.

Galan007
As impressive as Galen was, even his final wtfkamikazeattack!!11! did little more than singe Palpatine's robes. So yeah, from a force standpoint, Galen's nothing... The same could also be said about Dooku, imo.

I guess they could all try a gang bang saber attack, but like I've said before, even a Vaapad-immersed Mace could only perceive Palpatine as "a blur of Sith". Having said that, I'm hard-pressed to see the team being able to cope with that kind of speed/skill.

Palpatine wins, imo.

Lord Lucien
Not to mention three people with no familiarity with one another blitzing someone like Sidious aren't going to work cohesively.

Galan007
^ Yeah, and that stupid ass whip Lumiya likes to tote around wouldn't help either.

Hewhoknowsall
Does Sidious get his crack security team?

MasterAshenVor
Sidious kills all three of them using his pinky finger. embarrasment

Pwned
NO THATS CHUCK NORRIS!!!!

Letum Lettow
Fapatine.

Bunghole
i tink palatine nid to suk ma c0ck cuz ma dick hooge.

Nephthys
Thats 'cuz ma dick is hooge'. Twit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zampanó
The more you know! thumb up

Lord Lucien
And knowing is half the battle.

Nephthys
The other half is AIDS.

AIDS and LIBERTY PRIME!!!

Lord Lucien
Communism is a lie.

The more you know.

Eminence
Lord Lucien
And knowing is half the battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.