Nova Prime & Quasar Vs. Sinestro & Cyborg Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Sinestro and Hank are at classic levels.

Who wins?

celeyhyga17
bump

Psychopath001
I don't know... it's a tough one. I might be tempted to give it to the DC guys since Hank has technopathy... but if the Worldmind is too complex for him to work his magic on then I suppose I'd have to give it to the Marvel guys simply for the tactical advantages of Worldmind.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Psychopath001
I don't know... it's a tough one. I might be tempted to give it to the DC guys since Hank has technopathy... but if the Worldmind is too complex for him to work his magic on then I suppose I'd have to give it to the Marvel guys simply for the tactical advantages of Worldmind.

its why I put Nova and Henshaw here. would be interesting to see.....

Prep-Man
I don't think Worldmind would be too complicated. Hank has manipulated the Source Wall for one. I'd say this is a toss up.

Warlord
team 2 slightly

Nihilist
Team 2 6/10

Mshinu
Yep, Team 2 should have a slight edge overall. 6-7/10

Warlord
mainly due to Cyborg

Nihilist
^^ yeah Sinestro and Quasar are equals imo and Hank edges out Nova

D_Dude1210
Id say Team 2

Mshinu
I`d give Sinestro a bit of an edge on Quasar too.

celeyhyga17
So Henshaw > Richie??

Warlord
I'd say Quasar > Sinestro slightly due to draining and non expandable energy source but I can see Hensaw wrecking Nova's tech

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
I'd say Quasar > Sinestro slightly due to draining and non expandable energy source but I can see Hensaw wrecking Nova's tech

Nova does not use "conventional tech" though.

Warlord
agreed. hensaw is not limited to conventional tech though...
I wouldn't be surprised if the worldmind has some defences for technopathy but still Hank is the best in this kind of game

Nihilist
agreed. hensaw is not limited to conventional tech though...
I wouldn't be surprised if the worldmind has some defences for technopathy but still Hank is the best in this kind of game The Worldmind had to use nearly all it power just to stop the Phalanx virus taking over.

Warlord
so it does have resistance against tecnopathy...sneer

Nihilist
Yeah, but it made him a lot weaker dur

Warlord
so team 2 ftw...wink

Prep-Man
I wonder who are better technopaths? CS or Phalanx?

dmills
Nova would infect Henshaw with phalanx.

The Nuul
Originally posted by dmills
Nova would infect Henshaw with phalanx.

LOL nope, not a chance. Henshaw has the best techopath feat in comics, taking over part of the source wall.

The Nuul
Nova is weak link, T2 wins.

Warlord
Nova's the weak link only because his powers are tech based

dmills
Originally posted by The Nuul
LOL nope, not a chance. Henshaw has the best techopath feat in comics, taking over part of the source wall. LOL. You can't fight off the transmode virus by virtue of being a technopath. It infects technopath too.

Warlord
still, does Nove have the ability to transmit the virous?
I mean does he have it in him?

dmills
The Transmode Virus

Characteristics

The Transmode virus is used by members of the Technarchy to turn other beings into techno-organic beings. The Technarchy can then feed upon the infected beings and drain their energy (visible as lights flowing through the infected creature). Once the energy has been drained, all that remains of their prey are brittle statues. If an infected creature is not drained of its energy, it becomes a Phalanx. Transmode-infected creatures are usually black and yellow, although they can change their color.

The Transmode Virus is highly virulent. It can transmit via skin contact (though a Technarch can prevent transmission) and will transform a creature into a techno-organic creature within seconds. Only mutants have some resistance to the virus. For instance, Doug Ramsey was infected with the virus, but his infection only progressed very slowly and he was unaware he had been infected. This may have been caused by either his own mutant facility with computer code preventing the virus from infecting him at the usual rate, or a side-effect of the fact he was not infected in the usual manner, but had picked it up after repeatedly fusing his body and genetic code with that of the Technarch Warlock.

An infected creature also gains the ability to shapeshift. They can quickly restore themselves when damaged and can interface directly with machinery. While Technarchs feed by draining other techno-organic beings, Phalanxes have the ability to directly absorb matter (both organic and inorganic).

The Phalanx also experience a loss of individuality, forming a hive mind with other Phalanx and the need to contact other techno-organic life (a safety precaution created by the Technarchy, which considers the Phalanx to be a plague and which exterminates them whenever it discovers them).

Many mutants are soon apparently revived by a modified version of the virus in the Necrosha crossover by Selene and Eli Bard. Those mutants include Banshee, Caliban, Pyro, Cypher and the Hellions, eventually culminating in Bard using the virus to resurrect the entire deceased mutant populace of Genosha.

Known carriers

Every member of the Technarchy, including Warlock and his father Magus.

Every member of the Phalanx, including Steven Lang and Cameron Hodge.

Many demons of Limbo including S'ym and N'Astirh. The infection was started by Magus, who was hunting his son.

Cable, previously infected with Apocalypse's variant, has cured himself. Since Cable and Deadpool #12, Cable lives in symbiosis with an infant Phalanx.

Hope, a young girl who is friends with Warlock. While the techno-organic virus did not affect her, she had no control over the virus and would infect others by touch. Hope could even infect inorganic material, something the Transmode Virus is usually incapable of doing.

Paradigm, a mutant with technokinesis, who was infected by the Phalanx. He is a member of the third group of Hellions.

Donald Pierce, Leper Queen, Cameron Hodge, Steven Lang, Bolivar Trask, Graydon Creed and William Stryker; infected by an offspring of Magus whose programming was rewritten by Bastion.

Eli Bard, an immortal vampire-like mutate who absorbed the virus from an offspring of Magus.

Thunderbird and his entire ancestral Apache tribe, resurrected and infected by Eli Bard.

Caliban, resurrected and infected by Eli Bard, used by Selene to detect and locate other deceased mutants to resurrect.

Pyro, Thunderbird, Shinobi Shaw, Destiny, the original Hellions, Berzerker, Stonewall, Hemingway, Banshee, Cypher, Darkstar, Rusty Collins, Risque, Super Sabre, Tower, Hurricane, Spyne, Deadbolt, Feral, Spoor, Katu, Rem-Ram, Unus, Static, Barnacle, Fabian Cortez, Marco Delgado, Mellencamp, Siena Blaze, Skin, Synch, Bolt and Negasonic Teenage Warhead; resurrected and infected by Selene in her attempt to become a god during the storyline Necrosha

The entirety of the deceased mutant population of Genosha resurrected and infected by Selene in her attempt to become a god during the storyline Necrosha

dmills
HenshawOriginally posted by Warlord
still, does Nove have the ability to transmit the virous?
I mean does he have it in him? That's a good question. I'll ask.

celeyhyga17
i thought richie was purged of the transmode virus by Warlock (the new mutants one)

also, the transmode virus is a bit different from Henshaws "technopathy"
If you guys are making the case that Henshaw will easily take over Nova through technopathy, why didn't Ultron during Annihilation Conquest do it? He takes over tech, droids, synthezoids, cyborgs, and such all the time. Ultron could have had a powerful host to just phuk shiet up. Nova Prime's Nova force power is not like being a "robot" in which Henshaw will just control him.

D_Dude1210
Just to add, the transmode affects you on a biological/mental/physical/technological level.

Prep-Man
The Source Wall isn't tech in the basic sense, but Hank has manipulated it.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prep-Man

yeah but was it fighting back not to be affected?

iceman24567
Its natural defense is to absorb people right?

Prep-Man
Yeah, only a few have actually broken free.

WhiteWitchKing

So it's not a tech feat then.

Prep-Man
Hank can manipulate more things than tech.

celeyhyga17
Hank can manipulate more things than tech.

In the last issue of Annihilation Conquest, Ultron had a last ditch effort to win the day by finding a new host when he was purged out by Warlock (technarchy) from Adam Warlock. He took over a sentient synthezoid/cyborg called Praxagora. He then took over hundreds of Kree sentries to renew his attack. If Nova Prime is easily taken over by technopaths, he would have chosen him as a host since he was along side Adam Warlock during the battle. He would be a perfect host if he was susceptible. This leads me to believe Cyborg Superman can't just take over Nova Prime.

Prep-Man
I'm not really saying he could, just that it's definitely possible.

D_Dude1210

Isn't "he could" and "definitely possible" the same thing? stick out tongue

celeyhyga17

I think Henshaw has to do something totally different other than just "controlling" Richie to beat him. Him overriding Nova's and Worldmind's defenses against that type of attack just doesn't seem feasible to me.

Prep-Man
Oh, shut up. stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
Oh, shut up. stick out tongue

aww come on... it's fun debating with you... now you went and made me cry....

crybaby

celeyhyga17
Orion > Nova Prime

Happy......?

big grin big grin

Prep-Man
Orion > Nova Prime? Even I wouldn't go that far! wink

celeyhyga17

i dont see him wrecking his tech just like that...

Nihilist
Though Hanks source wall feat is impressive, he didn't do it instantly,he did it over a peroid of time

Warlord
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
i dont see him wrecking his tech just like that...

yes the worldmind could resist, but i see cyborg winning in the end

dmills
I've seen the WM fight off too much to believe that. Phalanx, nano swarms, Ego, it's own corrupted programming. So long as it has the Nova force to boost it I can't see anyone taking it over.

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I think Henshaw has to do something totally different other than just "controlling" Richie to beat him. Him overriding Nova's and Worldmind's defenses against that type of attack just doesn't seem feasible to me. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
i dont see him wrecking his tech just like that... Check your PM when you get a chance. Thanks.

Psychopath001
I don't know as much about DC as I do marvel... Is the sourcewall sentient?

batdude123
Team 2.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Psychopath001
I don't know as much about DC as I do marvel... Is the sourcewall sentient?

Yes. some say it's the mind of the DCU.

Sr J-Bieb
Hank eventually punches Quasar out, and then comes and punches Nova out.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Hank eventually punches Quasar out, and then comes and punches Nova out.

not when he's being held down with countless tons of gravimetric force.

Prep-Man
I can't wait until Nova does something in the Avengers.

celeyhyga17
I can't wait until Nova does something in the Avengers.

meh..... marvel always dumbs down their powerhouses when they belong in a team with street levelers.... he's better off showing his wares in big cosmic stories like Thanos Imperative..

Psychopath001
As of Secret Avengers #2 he doesn't seem to be doing anything particularly useful...

And he also seems to have developed wolverine's ability to be in several teams and places at once

dmills
I trust Brubaker. He won't make Nova look bad... embarrasment--> {please God don't let him make Nova job to Valkrie}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.