When I was young I thought/believed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Ok so this isn't something like 'I believed in Santa' but something a little different from that, so I'll start off as an example for the rest of you, when I was 7/8 I was told that sex was a man putting his penis in a woman and then a baby would pop out...like as soon as he put his penis in out popped a baby...it just...popped out, I actually believed that until they taught us sex ed and showed us a baby being born...that was a whole new level for me being 10/11

Rogue Jedi
HU4p5CcZvh4

~Bun Bun~
It's weird... alot of the things I believed in when I was a kid, I still believe in. Paranormal things that is. Sex wise it didn't take me to long to figure out. I had a girlfriend who liked to play "house" alot. When my parents went at it their bed always knocked agenst the wall so I always called it "shaking the bed" lol. Some nights i'd yell... "STOP SHAKING THE BED!!" lol. Ha I can imagin it now... such a mood killer!

dadudemon
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
It's weird... alot of the things I believed in when I was a kid, I still believe in. Paranormal things that is. Sex wise it didn't take me to long to figure out. I had a girlfriend who liked to play "house" alot. When my parents went at it their bed always knocked agenst the wall so I always called it "shaking the bed" lol. Some nights i'd yell... "STOP SHAKING THE BED!!" lol. Ha I can imagin it now... such a mood killer!

Shakin' baby syndrome.

ADarksideJedi
I believe in the tooth fairy until I heard my dad come in my room and take my tooth from my pillow and exchange it for a dollar and then while going through my parent's drewers one day I found a whole bag of tooth so I was alittle disapointing but not that much.
And I also believed that clouds were made of fluffy mashmallows and that the carebears live on them!

King Castle
i use to believe life was fair and the police were there to help ppl.. that changed when i saw police bullying young kids walking from school and stuff..

ADarksideJedi
I also was not allowed to play doctor as a kid and did not learn that stuff until I was out of highschool because my parents did not allow me to attend sex ed class.

King Castle
i use to think weed was the reason why ppl look like heroine addicts. turned out heroine addicts were that way b/c of heroine.. stupid dare propaganda.. didnt learn the truth till i was about 14

steverules_2
I used to think that someday when I was older I could be superman....

King Castle
i use to think i could be president but, then realize it wouldnt happen.. then i saw obama elected and i was all i should have finished my education and planned a political career.

steverules_2
I never knew you were African American sly When I was young I thought that when you were killed you still had a chance to live but dead was...you were done, no coming back, course both are the same I guess, but you dead means death from anything and killed...well...someone coursed your death

Rogue Jedi
Shake n Bake.

King Castle
i'm not. not that there is anything wrong with it..
http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/archives/seinfeld.jpg

you seen my pics, havent you?

anyways.. i use to think that i could fly if i believe hard enough and had faith b/c of a passage in the bible.. i was innocent..

Bardock42
When RJ was young, King George was president of the United States.

Rogue Jedi
Really?

steverules_2
Originally posted by Bardock42
When RJ was young, King George was president of the United States.

I believe that stick out tongue

Originally posted by King Castle
i'm not. not that there is anything wrong with it..
http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/archives/seinfeld.jpg

you seen my pics, havent you?

anyways.. i use to think that i could fly if i believe hard enough and had faith b/c of a passage in the bible.. i was innocent..

No I haven't seen any pics of you, when you said about Obama being president I thought you were AA (African American)

Selphie
When I was young, I used to believe that someone was always looking down at me, from the sky or heaven, watching my life or looking over me like some guardian angel.

Mairuzu
That was chos

King Castle
that's just big brother eye satellite and it isnt guarding you its spying on you

AbnormalButSane
I thought computers and robots would take over the world. I shouldn't have watched T2 so young.

Digi
When I was really young, like elementary school, I thought full sex was a BJ, though I didn't call it that at the time.

I've run the gamut of religious beliefs. But it was all before I investigated religious claims and beliefs, and just sort of murkily "believed" in things without logical backing.

chomperx9
my parents kinda got me believing in karma that good things happen to good people when i was a kid. well as i got older ive gotten more into believing there is lucky people out there and there is unlucky ones.

King Castle
tell me me about it.

dadudemon
When I was 11, I had a fear of infinite time and multiple concurrent time lines wrapped around space time. It used to freak me out trying to understand how 3d space could exist, concurrently, in up to 4 other dimensions, at the same time, with some of that space existing in a 'perspective' that was infinitely in the future of one 'perspective' but also infinitely in the past of another 'perspective'...depending how one wanted to approach the system of folded space. It freaked me out, so much so, that I used to have panic attacks that would last for days. no expression

Originally posted by AbnormalButSane
I thought computers and robots would take over the world. I shouldn't have watched T2 so young.

...or read Kurzweil's works. awesome

Rogue Jedi
I never believed in ghosts, not even when I saw first hand some supernatural shit.

steverules_2
I used to believe that Christopher Lloyd was in Indiana Jones and the Last crusade when Donovan (that his name?) started aging rapidly, I thought he played a small part in the aging process

Bardock42
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane

That's still going to happen.

AbnormalButSane
That's still going to happen.

weep

King Castle
i use to think ppl were fat b/c they wanted to be for the most part that turned out to be true except a few exceptions.. and they were all evil and possessed...i blamed by step dad for that and his workout obsession.

steverules_2
Your step dad said fat people were evil?

Badabing
Originally posted by steverules_2
Ok so this isn't something like 'I believed in Santa' but something a little different from that, so I'll start off as an example for the rest of you, when I was 7/8 I was told that sex was a man putting his penis in a woman and then a baby would pop out...like as soon as he put his penis in out popped a baby...it just...popped out, I actually believed that until they taught us sex ed and showed us a baby being born...that was a whole new level for me being 10/11 So, you just figured things out last week? sneer

dur

As a kid, I believed Back To The Future and The Jetsons that I'd have a flying car by now. I was lied to!!! grumpy

King Castle
Originally posted by steverules_2
Your step dad said fat people were evil? he said a lot worse about them but, yes. the general concept was there,,, i dont think he meant for me to look at it that way but using certain words and having it reinforced with things like sloth and gluttony kinda help. plus he was a d$@k hated fat ppl being lazy and whatnot.

i grew up with certain views about ppl b/c of him.

Mindship
...that a telephone busy signal meant the person you were calling was busy doing something (eg, housecleaning), and that's why they couldn't answer the phone. I used to wonder how the phone knew the person was busy.

King Castle
Originally posted by Mindship
...that a telephone busy signal meant the person you were calling was busy doing something (eg, housecleaning), and that's why they couldn't answer the phone. I used to wonder how the phone knew the person was busy. that sh$# is hilarious... laughing i almost blew out a booger..

Rogue Jedi
That's still going to happen. Be quiet.

Mindship
Originally posted by King Castle
that sh$# is hilarious... laughing i almost blew out a booger.. awesrug

I also used to wonder how drivers knew when to go again at a Stop sign.

Rogue Jedi
My dad has two small depressions in his right shoulder, from where he had pins in it due to a football injury. When I was but a wee lad he would tell me that an indian shot him.

King Castle
and you grew up to be racist against indians?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, I grew up obsessed with Star Wars.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing

As a kid, I believed Back To The Future and The Jetsons that I'd have a flying car by now. I was lied to!!! grumpy oh its here so no you were not lied to

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93804/flying-car-a-step-closer-to-reality

A: I dont wanna know how much the insurance is gonna cost on one of those things

B: I give it one month before we start seing abunch of deaths on tv and buildings and houses catching on fire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.