Yoshi vs. Amaterasu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.smashbros.com/fr/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi.jpg

vs.

http://16bit.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/amaterasu.jpg

Fight takes place at the Midair Stadium.

Will Amaterasu be able to defeat everyone's favorite green dino or will Yoshi make this dog run with his tail between his legs?

The Scenario
1. Ammy is female.

2. Spite.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.smashbros.com/fr/characters/images/yoshi/yoshi.jpg

vs.

http://16bit.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/amaterasu.jpg

Fight takes place at the Midair Stadium.

Will Amaterasu be able to defeat everyone's favorite green dino or will Yoshi make this dog run with his tail between his legs?

In addition to what Scenario said, Amaterasu is a wolf, not a dog.
Wolves are far more badass than dogs in general.

Also, she likely rapes, unless this is Ammy without her brush techs and items.

danteiscool
never played Okami, but have seen enough to know that Amaterasu takes this. unless, like Demonic Phoenix said, she doesn't have brush or items, then things could get more complicated.

KingD19
Amaterasu is a god.....Yoshi is a chibi-dino with an obsessive eating habit, and a bad case of Bolemia

Project Termina
Amaterasu, without her items and brush techniques, is just a white wolf. That wolf is called Shiranui. Therefore, since it is AMATERASU, and not Shiranui, the battle is a green dinosaur having only spectacular jumping and egg-laying abilities vs a Shinto god armed with a celestial brush and several techniques to go along with it.

Ammy's abilities(Spoiler Alert):
Sunrise
Power Slash
Greensprout
*Bloom
*Water Lily
*Vine
Cherry Bomb
Waterspout
Crescent
Galestorm
Inferno
Veil of Mist
Catwalk
Thunderstorm
Blizzard

Anyhow, I am not sure about all of the details of Midair Stadium so I am guessing these would be the only ones Ammy could use...

Power Slash
Cherry Bomb
Galestorm
Veil of Mist

If Yoshi tried to shoot eggs, Galestorm would blow them back. Yoshi could punch and kick, but Amaterasu can cut Yoshi in half without even touching him. If Yoshi does any Sonic-style rolling moves, Veil of Mist slows time and makes it easy for Amaterasu to strike back. Now Yoshi is devastated, and Amaterasu is free to finish him off with a Cherry Bomb.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Project Termina
Amaterasu, without her items and brush techniques, is just a white wolf. That wolf is called Shiranui. Therefore, since it is AMATERASU, and not Shiranui, the battle is a green dinosaur having only spectacular jumping and egg-laying abilities vs a Shinto god armed with a celestial brush and several techniques to go along with it.

Ammy's abilities(Spoiler Alert):
Sunrise
Power Slash
Greensprout
*Bloom
*Water Lily
*Vine
Cherry Bomb
Waterspout
Crescent
Galestorm
Inferno
Veil of Mist
Catwalk
Thunderstorm
Blizzard

Anyhow, I am not sure about all of the details of Midair Stadium so I am guessing these would be the only ones Ammy could use...

Power Slash
Cherry Bomb
Galestorm
Veil of Mist

If Yoshi tried to shoot eggs, Galestorm would blow them back. Yoshi could punch and kick, but Amaterasu can cut Yoshi in half without even touching him. If Yoshi does any Sonic-style rolling moves, Veil of Mist slows time and makes it easy for Amaterasu to strike back. Now Yoshi is devastated, and Amaterasu is free to finish him off with a Cherry Bomb.

Firstly, all Amaterasu needs is Power-Slash. Yoshi's not dodging it, and he isn't going to tank it, not unless he is harder than diamonds.

Secondly, this is just a heads-up as your are misinformed. Amaterasu's 'powerless' form is not Shiranui. The villagers of past Kamiki could not see Ammy's true form, so they named her Shiranui as they only saw her as a snow-white wolf.
In fact, 'Shiranui' is Amaterasu at full-power.

MooCowofJustice
Can Amaterasu dodge an egg that covers miles of distance in a matter of seconds?

Yoshi probably loses anyway, but he's really friggin' strong.

Project Termina
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Firstly, all Amaterasu needs is Power-Slash. Yoshi's not dodging it, and he isn't going to tank it, not unless he is harder than diamonds.

Secondly, this is just a heads-up as your are misinformed. Amaterasu's 'powerless' form is not Shiranui. The villagers of past Kamiki could not see Ammy's true form, so they named her Shiranui as they only saw her as a snow-white wolf.
In fact, 'Shiranui' is Amaterasu at full-power.

Ah, my mistake.

ScreamPaste
Yoshi's no push over. uhuh Can kill Ammy with an egg.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Can Amaterasu dodge an egg that covers miles of distance in a matter of seconds?

Yoshi probably loses anyway, but he's really friggin' strong.

She can slow it down with a brush technique, and then cut it in half or return it back towards Yoshi.

Also one egg won't harm her if her godhood is maxed. Besides, her Celestial Brush is too uber against enemies. Yoshi would cut in half the milli-second the fight begins.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Ammy can BFR Yoshi with galaxy-spinning Wind. vin

ScreamPaste
Feats of reaction time on that level? Also, I still disagree with the galaxy spinning wind. Nothing about it makes any sense. no expression

wammamram
im getting tired of reporting spite threads nemesis, tisk, tisk

Nemesis X
Originally posted by wammamram
im getting tired of reporting spite threads nemesis, tisk, tisk

You're so funny WammamRetard, you know that?

Demonic Phoenix
Feats of reaction time on that level? Also, I still disagree with the galaxy spinning wind. Nothing about it makes any sense. no expression

Since when does Reality-Warping have to be limited by logic and physics? no expression
Logically speaking, Trees should not sprout out of the ground fully-grown, yet Amaterasu can casually make trees sprout out of the ground fully-grown. Logically & physically speaking, stars shouldn't be created in an instant, yet Amaterasu can casually create stars instantly. Yeah.

She's a Lightning dodger.
YRCXtw0Bezk
2:15 onwards. Continue watching till 4:00 to see her lightning brush technique in action.

Brush canvas freezes time, giving Amaterasu freedom to use whatever brush technique is necessary.

Demonic Phoenix
Also, keep in mind that for virtually the entirety of the game, save the small, final section of the final battle, Ammy herself is not at full-power. Though that is a moot point in this thread.

wammamram
You're so funny WammamRetard, you know that?

real mature buddy, thats nothing, i've heard better comebacks from my ten your old cousin

Demonic Phoenix
Both your comebacks would be good, if it weren't for the fact that they are bad.
biscuits

Nemesis X
Originally posted by wammamram
real mature buddy, thats nothing, i've heard better comebacks from my ten your old cousin

Your ten mine old cousin? lol

I've seen better intelligence from cats and they attack their reflections.

ScreamPaste
OMG.
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/stupidity_1170973245.jpg

mechagoomba
Thats cool because oddly enough ive seen better insults from the ten year olds who rage while playing League of Legends.
Those ten year olds are pretty mean sometimes. D:

Nemesis X
Originally posted by mechagoomba
Thats cool because oddly enough ive seen better insults from the ten year olds who rage while playing League of Legends.
Those ten year olds are pretty mean sometimes. D:

That's nothing. You shoud meet the Russian ten year olds who rage while playing Modern Warfare 2. They're mean to the max.

Demonic Phoenix
Both your comebacks would be good, if it weren't for the fact that they are bad.
biscuits

Looks like this post of mine actually does sum up the wamnem argument. no expression

Project Termina
Ok, ok, let's get back on track now. Yoshi vs. Amaterasu.

wammamram
but i not even a fight, god

wammamram
Your ten mine old cousin? lol

I've seen better intelligence from cats and they attack their reflections.

ive seen better intelligence from wakka floca flames

Project Termina

rifle raygun

With godhood at max, Amaterasu could take 3 eggs without taking any damage. And anyway, the celestial canvas freezes time, so while the egg is in the air, Amaterasu could power slash it. Or blow it back. Or slow it down. Or make it explode.

Ammy's no push over either, bub.

MooCowofJustice
He knows that. Just emphasizing a point for Yoshi.

Project Termina
well, amaterasu still kills yoshi, rite?

MooCowofJustice
Yeah. But someone called him a "bolemic" dinosaur.

Crappy spelling and underestimation gets us riled up.

ScreamPaste
What is the greatest physical force Ammy's little protective soak has taken?

Does the celestial brush freeze time in the same way playing the ocarina in Zelda does? As in, not really, but yes for gameplay?

Project Termina

Does the celestial brush freeze time in the same way playing the ocarina in Zelda does? As in, not really, but yes for gameplay?

i suppose so.

Project Termina
Originally posted by KingD19
Amaterasu is a god.....Yoshi is a chibi-dino with an obsessive eating habit, and a bad case of Bolemia

bolemia, huh?

Project Termina
...the battle is a green dinosaur having only spectacular jumping and egg-laying abilities vs a Shinto god armed with a celestial brush and several techniques to go along with it.

i meant goddess
EDIT: TRIPLE POST PWNED

ScreamPaste
Ammy needs a pretty great durability feat. >_> Got any?
LtKh7e2ESBc
Yoshi can throw an egg so hard that an enemy so huge it takes up the horizon is sent back miles by the impact. no expression

Cyner
1. I don't think it's ever been shown in cutscenes cause Ammy doesn't ever get hit in cutscenes. However in gameplay each level of shield takes one hit of any strength without you receiving damage.

2. The time stop is very much an actual time stop, because after you perform the brush techniques people are like "wtf just happened" or "when did that get here?" it's referred to many times in the game.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Cyner
1. I don't think it's ever been shown in cutscenes cause Ammy doesn't ever get hit in cutscenes. However in gameplay each level of shield takes one hit of any strength without you receiving damage.

2. The time stop is very much an actual time stop, because after you perform the brush techniques people are like "wtf just happened" or "when did that get here?" it's referred to many times in the game.
1. Well, that'd be a no limit fallacy if we extended it upwards to unknown levels.

2. Neat.

Demonic Phoenix
What is the greatest physical force Ammy's little protective soak has taken?

Nope. Time stops flowing completely.
The effects/techniques happen instantaneously from an onlooker/enemy perspective. Shiranui Amaterasu uses her power slash once in a cutscene and it takes effect instantly.

Godhood absorbs pretty much any attack at the cost of one level of godhood, regardless of strength. Even the weakest attack (a slap from a low level demon) or attacks from Yami will reduce her godhood level by one while causing her no damage.
Then she also has Vengeance Slips, which makes her invulnerable to damage for a small duration. Though that might just be a gameplay thing.

EDIT: Cyner already addressed it >___>

Screampaste, how far away was Bowser in that vid?

ScreamPaste
Nope. Time stops flowing completely.
The effects/techniques happen instantaneously from an onlooker/enemy perspective. Shiranui Amaterasu uses her power slash once in a cutscene and it takes effect instantly.

Godhood absorbs pretty much any attack at the cost of one level of godhood, regardless of strength. Even the weakest attack (a slap from a low level demon) or attacks from Yami will reduce her godhood level by one while causing her no damage.
Then she also has Vengeance Slips, which makes her invulnerable to damage for a small duration. Though that might just be a gameplay thing.

EDIT: Cyner already addressed it >___>

Screampaste, how far away was Bowser in that vid? Far enough away that the horizon line hangs out somewhere between his waist and knee caps.

I still think a strong enough blow will instapwn all three levels of her soak. no expression

Demonic Phoenix
Far enough away that the horizon line hangs out somewhere between his waist and knee caps.

I still think a strong enough blow will instapwn all three levels of her soak. no expression

Is there an official number of his size?

Also, an object that small, forcing him back like that and causing no penetrative wounds. Isn't there something wrong with that from a physics standpoint? 313 Or is there some revealed property of those eggs that I am not aware of?

Hard to say. It's never happened before. Single attacks from the weakest of demons, and single attacks from Yami, who is pretty much the Ruler/Source of all Evil in Okami-verse, all cause her godhood level to drop by one, while keeping her safe from damage.

This discussion is assuming the egg can somehow reach Amaterasu, who could just send the egg back at Yoshi or destroy it, never mind ending the fight with a brush technique the moment the fight starts.

ScreamPaste
Bowser can survive black holes. Problem solved. :P

As for rest of post, am mostly arguing against the idea her Godhood means she can tank three hits of anything. For example, if Mjolnir struck her down. uhuh

NemeBro
Thor wouldn't need Mjolnir.

He would paste Ammy with a single punch.

ScreamPaste
Did you ever do that research int othe appropriate mythology? >_>

NemeBro
Was gonna do that research on the appropriate mythology.

But I didn't.

Because I got high. Because I got high. Because I got high.

Demonic Phoenix
Bowser can survive black holes. Problem solved. :P

As for rest of post, am mostly arguing against the idea her Godhood means she can tank three hits of anything. For example, if Mjolnir struck her down. uhuh

TOONFORCE HAX! 313

The mechanics of Godhood aren't revealed in full, but from what we have seen in Okami, it'll tank any and every hit in battle, at the cost of one level. There's no upper limit defined, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Thor wouldn't need Mjolnir.

He would paste Ammy with a single punch.

Not going to happen before she blows him away with teh wind that spins galaxies. vin

Project Termina
Bowser can survive black holes. Problem solved. :P uhuh
The Lumas helped, without them he may not have survived.

ScreamPaste
He was fully inside it before they stopped the blackhole, which is indeed the only reason he escaped. HOWEVER: He still survived inside one temporarily, which means he can survive incredible physical force.

BloodRain
Not that I agree that Bowser could survive a black hole in SMG but Bowser has always be hurt and damaged by lesser attacks, like his Lava death's in some games.

Looks 30 stories high, maybe.

Never knew Amaterasu was this good. Goodhood to win I guess.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Not that I agree that Bowser could survive a black hole in SMG but Bowser has always be hurt and damaged by lesser attacks, like his Lava death's in some games.

Never knew Amaterasu was this good. Goodhood to win I guess. There's some debate to be had concerning that.

For example: on one occasion she needs to get past some water, so... She uses /wind/ to spin a /galaxy/, which we see immediately, even though those stars are lightyears away, and wind cannot actually reach outside our own atomosphere and stuff, and I just generally wept tears of rage.

None of that makes ANY SENSE! Why not just move the freakin' water?!

BloodRain
'Cause its fun to move bigger things? If someone gave me a reality warping brush and said ''You can either move the water in the way, or spin a galaxy for giggles to do the same thing.'' Yeah, I'm gonna spin the galaxy.

ScreamPaste
AND accellerate the speed of light and violate all things sacred? >|

Imho, it's a lot more likely that the stars in this game were not as far away as they are IRL.

Demonic Phoenix
There's some debate to be had concerning that.

For example: on one occasion she needs to get past some water, so... She uses /wind/ to spin a /galaxy/, which we see immediately, even though those stars are lightyears away, and wind cannot actually reach outside our own atomosphere and stuff, and I just generally wept tears of rage.

None of that makes ANY SENSE! Why not just move the freakin' water?!

Magic involved that apparently Amaterasu herself cannot get through. Alternatively, it's just a test to see if Amaterasu has the required power.
The galaxy is the key to the entrance of the kingdom. That entrance only opens up when the galaxy is spinning, though likely not as fast as Amaterasu made it spin.
It's not as simple as making a whirlpool in the water. Wouldn't work.

Ammy spinning a galaxy seems about as ridiculous as Bowser surviving in a black hole from a physics standpoint BTW. Amaterasu's feat becomes more understandable once you take into account the fact that her brush can warp reality.

AND accellerate the speed of light and violate all things sacred? >|

Imho, it's a lot more likely that the stars in this game were not as far away as they are IRL.

That's what reality warping usually entails. stick out tongue Violating laws of physics and logic.
Have you read Emperor Joker? The shit he did should not be possible according to logic and physics. 2+2 = 4, not Fish as Joker made it.

The cosmos seem to operate in much the same way ours would, with the exception that Amaterasu can play with it and influence it much like a child would play with blocks.
Likely, the stars Amaterasu creates are much closer, but still farther away than the sun. The stars in the galaxy look much smaller. We can even see the entire galaxy. no expression

Originally posted by BloodRain

Never knew Amaterasu was this good. Goodhood to win I guess.

Like I said in another Amaterasu related thread, she's vastly underrated.

NemeBro
She has on galaxy spinning feat, the rest of her showings are relatively far inferior.

Demonic Phoenix
She regularly reality-warps, just not on that huge a scale. She still affects the cosmos though, like bringing out the Sun or Moon (can even bring them out at the same time), or creating stars.

Project Termina
i still don't see how yoshi would even manage to harm amaterasu.

ScreamPaste
watch vidoe

Demonic Phoenix
i still don't see how yoshi would even manage to harm amaterasu.

Yoshi would likely harm her if those eggs make contact...provided she doesn't have godhood. 313

ScreamPaste
Even with. >| FEATS!

Project Termina
Yoshi would likely harm her if those eggs make contact...provided she doesn't have godhood. 313
true, but Amaterasu is known to dodge lightning, so she can dodge an egg. eek!

XanatosForever
Dodgeball logic, really?

0iXP9yoc4VY

NemeBro
To be fair, that's perfectly logical.

If someone could dodge a lightning bolt, then they could obviously dodge something far slower.

ScreamPaste
Am most irked with claim the egg would not kill Ammy if it struck. uhuh

BloodRain
Well what can Ammy take and how strong are the eggs?

ScreamPaste
For onscreen feats of durability? None have been supplied. O-o

The eggs are thrown so hard, that a Bowser so huge that he hogs up the horizon is sent back miles from the collision with one. I could probably argue an egg thrown that hard would be comparable in speed to lightning, but am too lazy to bother.

BloodRain
Looked 30 odd stories but meh, no feats you say? Then yeah without dodging it could do serious damage.. without that godhood thingie that is mmm

ScreamPaste
A hit that strong would tear through her godhood because it's featless. uhuh

Demonic Phoenix
Featless if we go to cutscenes at least, as AFAIK she does not get hit. 'Tanks' any sort of hit in battle gameplay, even those from Yami & Orochi. Meh.

Anyway, her head & body are hard enough to withstand dashing into 'rocks' made out of diamond. She shatters said rocks on impact as well.

Demonic Phoenix
Forgot about this.

Whether the egg can or cannot kill/KO Amaterasu if it hits, is moot due to her Astral Pouch. Her Astral Pouch, when filled, allows her to revive herself with full health/energy if she is killed/KO'd.
She can also instantaneously fill said Astral Pouches (basically, I guess they store energy for emergencies) if she uses a Golden Peach.

If she doesn't use a Golden Peach at all, the maximum number of times she can revive herself completely is 4.

~ So I guess all that's left is for us to discuss whether or not Yoshi's egg is strong enough to hurt Amaterasu if her godhood barrier is up.

I say Nay! stoned

ScreamPaste
It's not like Yoshi can't throw the second, third, and fourth eggs consecutively. stick out tongue

I see no reason her Godhood barrier would protect her from Yoshi's throwing arm. uhuh

No End N Site
dashing into 'rocks' made out of diamond.

What?

Demonic Phoenix
It's not like Yoshi can't throw the second, third, and fourth eggs consecutively. stick out tongue

I see no reason her Godhood barrier would protect her from Yoshi's throwing arm. uhuh

Amaterasu has more Golden Peaches than Yoshi has eggs at a time. stick out tongue

Also, those giant eggs were brought by those birdies. Regular eggs wouldn't cut it. uhuh

Originally posted by No End N Site
What?

Formations of diamond that resemble rocks. Amaterasu has a head-dash manoeuvre in-game. With that head-dash, she can shatter those 'rocks'.

No End N Site
Wow, so how does this egg compare to that?

Demonic Phoenix
Vid of those giant eggs being thrown by Yoshi.

LtKh7e2ESBc

So, those giant eggs weren't brought by birds, they were brought by balloons. My bad.

ScreamPaste
Yoshi approaches Ammy with a look of cute dinosaur peacefulness, then eats her, and throws her to the moon. biscuits

NemeBro
Formations of diamond that resemble rocks. Amaterasu has a head-dash manoeuvre in-game. With that head-dash, she can shatter those 'rocks'. So could a big rubber mallet.

estahuh

Project Termina
Yoshi throws an egg. Amaterasu dodges. Amaterasu cuts Yoshi in half. Yoshi can only beat Ammy if she lets him beat her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.