women in the military and equality

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
i am always hearing about equality but what i always see happening is one sides preference and exceptions.

if things were truly equal women would have to live up to the same standard as men in the arm forces instead they are given different set standards for physical training.

same with promotion boards memos are passed out in offices asking for more women on said boards. yet, the main reason not many are in them is b/c of the men to women ratio overall in the forces. they must also compete with whomever has the highest promotional scores.. yet women are allowed to compete when they dont have the points to even participate more often then not.

its like saying why are their 100 men who are nco's? but only 20 women in the same rank?

answer: because there are a 500 men compared to the 50 women..

response: well, promote them so it will be more fair..

comments, questions? discuss.. is this fair or remotely close to equality?

King Kandy
I feel you've already made threads about this.

King Castle
pretty sure i havent. talked about it in other threads but not one in itself

jaden101
I think it's silly that companies are now effectively forced to fill a quota of women, minorities etc as if this somehow is a legitimate way of having equality in the workplace. Employers should be allowed to employ the best person for the job regardless of any other criteria. If this ends up in a work place full of black midget lesbians or whatever group of similar people then so be it because as long they are the best people for the job then what's the problem?

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
I think it's silly that companies are now effectively forced to fill a quota of women, minorities etc as if this somehow is a legitimate way of having equality in the workplace. Employers should be allowed to employ the best person for the job regardless of any other criteria. If this ends up in a work place full of black midget lesbians or whatever group of similar people then so be it because as long they are the best people for the job then what's the problem?

White-people are naturally better at most things; that's what the problem is.

King Castle
does that include their women?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
White-people are naturally better at most things; that's what the problem is.

I resent this stereotype.

White men on the other hand, sure.

majid86
Women should not be allowed to enter the battlefield at all because thats something Men excell in.
Killing is a Man's job

Robtard
Originally posted by majid86
Women should not be allowed to enter the battlefield at all because thats something Men excell in.
Killing is a Man's job

See: Boudica

Bardock42
Killing is a Man's job
Jesus Christ, you are not only racist and homophobic, you are also sexist. You really had to go the whole 9 yards.

King Castle
i dont mind women in certain military forces and jobs... what i do mind is the standards are different.. the only branch i dont want women is in the marines period.

Bardock42
Originally posted by King Castle
i dont mind women in certain military forces and jobs... what i do mind is the standards are different.. the only branch i dont want women is in the marines period. Why? I mean, assuming they could pass the physical requirements for men?

Robtard
i dont mind women in certain military forces and jobs... what i do mind is the standards are different.. the only branch i dont want women is in the marines period.

So you wouldn't be opposed to a female Ranger or S.E.A.L., but you draw the line at being a jarhead?

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why? I mean, assuming they could pass the physical requirements for men?

Who'd want to bunk next to a bunch of women, when you could have a barracks full of men?

majid86
Jesus Christ, you are not only racist and homophobic, you are also sexist. You really had to go the whole 9 yards.

What the hell man? Im not either one of those, so stop accusing me of being a bigot!
I stand against all forms of bigotry & discrimination.

Bardock42
Who'd want to bunk next to a bunch of women, when you could have a barracks full of men?

I.....I just don't know anymore..

Symmetric Chaos
I stand against all forms of bigotry & discrimination.

Except against women apparently. And white people.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

And

If i owned my own private business i wouldn't let gay people work for me and as a matter of fact i wouldn't want them anywhere near me at all.

majid86

Nope.
I love women but it would be asking too much of them to risk their lives on the battlefield and i DONT hate white people.

I maybe be Brown but i'll always be human first.

King Castle
the marines were never designed to be anything other then combat... with the introduction of various admin jobs and rear mechanic jobs.. it open the door for women to be allowed in due to the none combat mos's.

these jobs were always there but were small and the main job of a marine is "combat". although we have always bn reinforced with this it has become less true each day with certain mos's..

plus the large majority of women that do make it into the fleet after passing the lowered physical exams then the men come in broken..

which is a large problem both to the women and the corps.. there are a large number of women that never go overseas due to medical reasons... from purposely getting pregnant months prior to shipping or simply not being admin sep due of fear of being accused of anything.. hell some never redo their obligated PFT every few months and run with their boot camp ones and get promoted.. any man that tried that would be kicked out the corp but women seem to get the exception BS...
http://www.eorthopod.com/content/injuries-among-female-marine-corps-recruits
as such a high number like these something should have bn done but ppl are afraid of being accused of sexism..

if a female marine can do the same exact physical training and pft as men then keep them in.. but until the law changes they shouldnt have a combat mos and hopefully the marines will phase out non combat mos which would deny women the ability to enlist in the marines.

Robtard
LoL, imagine going in for that job interview.

'So you're clearly not a woman and you're not White, I just need to know, do you suck dicks; are you some sort of f@ggot?"

Bardock42
Nope.
I love women but it would be asking too much of them to risk their lives on the battlefield and i DONT hate white people.

I maybe be Brown but i'll always be human first.

It may be wrong to ask anyone to risk their life. But what if a woman wants to fight on the battlefield?Originally posted by King Castle
the marines were never designed to be anything other then combat... with the introduction of various admin jobs and rear mechanic jobs.. it open the door for women to be allowed in due to the none combat mos's.

these jobs were always there but were small and the main job of a marine is "combat". although we have always bn reinforced with this is less true each day with certain mos's..

plus the large majority of women that do make it into the fleet after passing the lowered physical exams then the men come in broken..

which is a large problem both to the women and the corps.. there are a large number of women that never go overseas due to medical reasons... from purposely getting pregnant months prior to shipping or simply not being admin sep due of fear of being accused of anything.. hell some never redo their obligated PFT every few months and run with their boot camp ones and get promoted.. any man that tried that would be kicked out the corp but women seem to get the exception BS...
http://www.eorthopod.com/content/injuries-among-female-marine-corps-recruits
as such a high number like these something should have bn done but ppl are afraid of being accused of sexism..

if a female marine can do the same exact physical training and pft as men then keep them in.. but until the law changes they shouldnt have a combat mos and hopefully the marines will phase out non combat mos which would deny women the ability to enlist in the marines.

Well, I am all for equal standards for jobs.

King Castle
So you wouldn't be opposed to a female Ranger or S.E.A.L., but you draw the line at being a jarhead? no combat mos.

the truth is that the average woman in the fleet are unfit to be marines and wear the uniform.. if we use equality.

majid86
Then i guess if she wants to fight on the battlefield then she can
And if she dies, she dies.

That's the reality of modern warfare

King Castle
true.. but, her presence better not interrupt operations.

majid86
You mean her boobs dont you?

I can understand why you said that

King Castle
no, i mean stopping a convoy b/c she needs to go pee... or men fighting over her and women charging men for sex out in the field.. or them sleeping with their command which is always a problem..

Symmetric Chaos
Then i guess if she wants to fight on the battlefield then she can

That's the reality of modern warfare

As opposed to ancient warfare where they cast Resurrection if you died.

jaden101

Are you Ivan Drago?

Robtard
As opposed to ancient warfare where they cast Resurrection if you died.

Way back in the day, I had a 11th level Chaotic Good Human Cleric that could do that.

King Castle
ivan drago is a white russian he is clearly the opposite

RE: Blaxican
Way back in the day, I had a 11th level Chaotic Good Human Cleric that could do that.

Since when are Clerics ever chaotic good? You suck at DnD.

edit-

I don't really see the point in barring women from combat roles as long as their willing and focused. They'd probably be better, at the very least, be better at staying focused on the task at hand compared to guys, physical inferiority be damned. Besides it's not like we're fighting in trenches and the average foot soldier needs to be at the peak of physical health.

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fat-soldier-thumb-450x401.jpg

http://www.cslacker.com/images/file/mediums/fat_soldier.jpg

Welcome to Modern Warfare. Who needs Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque soldiers when we can vaporize cities with the push of a button?

Bardock42

I got a character sheet, I can be whatever the **** I want.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

They can be any alignment, you black-ass. It was AD&D.

Robtard
I got a character sheet, I can be whatever the **** I want.

Except cool, B, except cool...

Bardock42
They can be any alignment, you black-ass. It was AD&D.

I think there's medication for that.

King Castle

I don't really see the point in barring women from combat roles as long as their willing and focused. They'd probably be better, at the very least, be better at staying focused on the task at hand compared to guys, physical inferiority be damned. Besides it's not like we're fighting in trenches and the average foot soldier needs to be at the peak of physical health.

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/fat-soldier-thumb-450x401.jpg

Welcome to Modern Warfare. Who needs Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque soldiers when we can vaporize cities with the push of a button? is that why we are still fighting in the streets of iraq and Afghanistan?

either way imagine the moral of a country if they get taken down by an army of fat bodies and women..

"Fighting", in the streets of Afghanistan?

mmm

majid86
no, i mean stopping a convoy b/c she needs to go pee... or men fighting over her and women charging men for sex out in the field.. or them sleeping with their command which is always a problem..

This maybe the most funniest post i've read since joining KMC forums!

Thumbs Up for that man, you rock!

majid86
Are you Ivan Drago?

Nope, im not a 6 ft 7 inches tall slavic communist steroid pumped super athlete

Symmetric Chaos

Ha! I see you're still constrained by that foolish class-and-level system.

King Castle
"Fighting", in the streets of Afghanistan?

mmm my bad the rocky desert hills and small desert towns of Afghanistan//

at majid

its the truth i dont sugar coat sh#@... marines are told we dont lie steal or cheat but when it comes to the news and pr we do just that and cover sh$# up... even though in the fleet we know its a major issue.

go to a base out in iraq see if you find any women pregnant and being shipped back b/c the dumb broad was knocked up by a john while she is suppose to be a soldier or marine doing her job of protecting and fighting for her country.. cant do that when you're on your back and pregnant by your fellow pfc, sgt or CO.

Symmetric Chaos

edit-

Welcome to Modern Warfare. Who needs Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque soldiers when we can vaporize cities with the push of a button?

Psychical ability should be irrelevant even if they were all killing each other with swords. You don't hire soldiers that physically don't cut it in the first place. That's going to get you a smaller number of women and Jews but the reason for the cut off is clear and easy to prove so you can hardly be accused of bias.

King Castle
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee27/Whiskey-Tango7/Tough%20Women/Marines.jpg

Aaaandd... you're trying to argue against having women in combat roles? no expression

Psychical ability should be irrelevant even if they were all killing each other with swords. You don't hire soldiers that physically don't cut it in the first place. That's going to get you a smaller number of women and Jews but the reason for the cut off is clear and easy to prove so you can hardly be accused of bias.

What?

King Castle
if you were military you would see how inappropriate that picture is.. not that i wouldnt bone them but, not in theater nor if they were in my section. plus being attractive has nothing to do with joining the marines

here i will find you a more obvious inappropriate picture.

that we in the service term sh$@bag.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/46/172409445_68393eedac.jpg

majid86
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee27/Whiskey-Tango7/Tough%20Women/Marines.jpg

Oooh Yeah! Man those are some sexy legs right there
Thanks for the pic

Symmetric Chaos
What?

Soldiers aren't average people, they're necessarily outlier to some extent. The fact that women are usually strong as men is irrelevant since most men aren't strong enough to be soldiers either.

King Castle
Soldiers aren't average people, they're necessarily outlier to some extent. The fact that women are usually strong as men is irrelevant since most men aren't strong enough to be soldiers either. i never thought i would hear this from a civilian.. thumb up

although some average highschool civilian is superior to a soldier as oppose to your average american.

inimalist
Soldiers aren't average people, they're necessarily outlier to some extent. The fact that women are usually strong as men is irrelevant since most men aren't strong enough to be soldiers either.

i made almost the exact same point in a class discussion on this issue. It wasn't that being a soldier is inherently a male or female thing, rather there are certain traits that a person, male or female, needs to have to be a soldier.

King Castle
Originally posted by inimalist
i made almost the exact same point in a class discussion on this issue. It wasn't that being a soldier is inherently a male or female thing, rather there are certain traits that a person, male or female, needs to have to be a soldier. which are?

inimalist
I wouldn't pretend to know, skills not congruent with my own at least

King Castle
psychological balance of combat mindset aggressive qualities as well as problem solving staying calm under pressure.. worse one that i hate is indoctrination/brainwashing obeying orders without question... felt like a zombie once the necessary environment was in place and i was being yelled at did without thinking and realized i had bn conditioned to obey.. had to consciously tell myself not to obey without analyzing the orders.. friends sometimes play with each other when they leave boot camp or 1st hit the fleet by raising their voice and behaving in a certain manner and watching the boot respond in panic and without question..

able to fire a rifle and at least be a marksmen..

physical attributes like: running, endurance, lifting ones own weight passing a mock combat physical test..

i am sure there is a lot more.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I was slain by an elf.

King Kandy
The thing is, most people would not actually hire the best people for the job if given total freedom. They'd hire people from the groups they liked.

King Castle
isnt that why we have fraternities and nepotism?

i mean that is exactly what happens in politics.
iirc bill maher said that bush appointed over a 100 positions from a religious lawyer college build by the 20 something club dude. due to preference and favors

Women can excell as combatants and there are jobs for almost all body types in warfare.

From a populational perspective however, it's not smart to send the females to die in battle as they are the limiting factor for populational growth and recovery. I believe that is the main reason why women aren't made into soldiers in normal circumstances in the overhealming majority of cultures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.