Doctor Octopus Vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins? No prep....

Doctor Octopus

Vs

Captain America(Rogers)

Fight takes place on Liberty Island....

Both are in classic form....

Digi
Ock was/is a Spidey villain who regularly and brutally tags Spidey. Pete actually has a horrible track record of dodging arms, compared to his insane dodging feats for pretty much everything else. Add it up over a number of years, and it means Cap is going to be getting beaten on early and often.

Classic Ock was vulnerable to easy-ish KO's. So it's not a 10/10 scenario. But Cap loses a majority.

chomperx9
id want cap to win so bad but honestly i think otto would win here. take away 2 tentacles and it would be a little bit more fair.

Lord Feron
IDk I kinda feel a single sheild throw would knock doc ock out.

Digi
Originally posted by Lord Feron
IDk I kinda feel a single sheild throw would knock doc ock out.

Just like a single Spidey punch always knocks him out? I agree, but common sense doesn't always hold up to feats.

namorsubby
Captain america knocked out the hulk, and outruns bullets, so he easily evades ock's arms and KO's him with a shot.

King Castle
Originally posted by Digi
Just like a single Spidey punch always knocks him out? I agree, but common sense doesn't always hold up to feats. but what about the slicing ability of the shield?

namorsubby
Originally posted by namorsubby
Captain america knocked out the hulk, and outruns bullets, so he easily evades ock's arms and KO's him with a shot. Kidding.

Doc Ock FTW

Badabing
Captain america knocked out the hulk, and outruns bullets, so he easily evades ock's arms and KO's him with a shot. Zip it. You've been reported a few times for your outrageous posts recently.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Badabing
Zip it. You've been reported a few times for your outrageous posts recently. It's not that far out, ignoring intentions.

Afterall, I think Cap has a win over Ock in comics as well.

Digi
Originally posted by King Castle
but what about the slicing ability of the shield?

But what about Ock's superior reflexes, which will allow him to grab the shield and use it against Cap more often than it will hit him?

I just think it takes a lot of selective bias to give Cap the edge here. I also agree that Cap would likely win in a comic. But jobber auras aren't part of forum battles (usually).

King Castle
But what about Ock's superior reflexes, which will allow him to grab the shield and use it against Cap more often than it will hit him?

I just think it takes a lot of selective bias to give Cap the edge here. I also agree that Cap would likely win in a comic. But jobber auras aren't part of forum battles (usually). agreed.. if cap was a blood lusted prick ala logan i could see a shield toss killing doc,, but, i know it aint going to happen.cry

ock 7/10

Digi
Actually, remember how Spidey caught Cap's shield with his iron suit arms in CW and hit him with it? Now make the arms bigger, stronger, faster, and more expertly wielded. That's how I see this going more often than not.

King Castle
Actually, remember how Spidey caught Cap's shield with his iron suit arms in CW and hit him with it? Now make the arms bigger, stronger, faster, and more expertly wielded. That's how I see this going more often than not. yes. but, cap wasnt trying to kill him and it wasnt at van slicing speed.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Badabing
Zip it. You've been reported a few times for your outrageous posts recently. Outrageous?, Why I.........nevermind, yes sir.......zipping.fear

Seriously though, Ock seems to tag spidey more than I've seen anyone else, so he has my vote.

chomperx9

I just think it takes a lot of selective bias to give Cap the edge here. I also agree that Cap would likely win in a comic. But jobber auras aren't part of forum battles (usually). yeah caps shield isnt gonna be blocking every hit from the 4 tentacles every second as fast as they are. in comics sure cap would win but doesnt make any sense though based on their abilities.

srankmissingnin
I think a shield ricochet is enough for Cap to get passed the tentacles and ko Doc Oct... or for his shield to do it, depending on which one Oct and his tentacles are more focused on during the ricochet.

Lord_Talron
yea, ocks reaction speed is outta the park, no way cap is getting past those arms if spidey has trouble

chomperx9
only way for cap to win is to get past the 4 tentacles an doubt him or his shield can do that.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
yea, ocks reaction speed is outta the park, no way cap is getting past those arms if spidey has trouble also, why are some acting as if Cap will KO him with a shield toss or a couple of blows when he takes hits from Spidey all the time confused

chomperx9
also, why are some acting as if Cap will KO him with a shield toss or a couple of blows when he takes hits from Spidey all the time confused that to.

Lord_Talron
not to mention hes got on-panel feats of his arms being able to function at top capacity even when hes been dazed

srankmissingnin
Divide and conquer. He can use his shield to occupy some of Ocks tentacles, that way instead of having to get passed four tentacles, he will only have to worry about two, maybe three. It's all timing and battle tactics. If Cap is coming from the front and his shield from behind at the same time it lowers the effectiveness of the arms... plus whatever action Ock takes is probably the very action Cap wanted him to make in the first place.

Cap doesn't pull his punches like Spider-man either. big grin

iceman24567
Capt richochets the shield off the arms hitting doc and koing him

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Divide and conquer. He can use his shield to occupy some of Ocks tentacles, that way instead of having to get passed four tentacles, he will only have to worry about two, maybe three. It's all timing and battle tactics. If Cap is coming from the front and his shield from behind at the same time it lowers the effectiveness of the arms... plus whatever action Ock takes is probably the very action Cap wanted him to make in the first place.

Cap doesn't pull his punches like Spider-man either. big grin spidey's pulled punches prob = caps full str punches, spideys leagues above him in str

Digi
Yeah, Cap doesn't pull punches because he wouldn't make people's heads explode with the force of them. That's not really a valid argument.

The shield also isn't cutting straight through the tentacles, though I realize it's the stronger substance. Ock's classic tentacles are reinforced titanium, if memory serves. I'm also unsure of why everyone thinks Cap can just ricochet the shield endlessly off of tentacles. Will Otto not be fighting back, or grabbing the shield with reflexes that trump Cap's own? I have yet to see a defense of Cap that doesn't involve giving him every benefit and Otto few-to-none. That one is no different.

Juk3n
also, why are some acting as if Cap will KO him with a shield toss or a couple of blows when he takes hits from Spidey all the time confused

Pete doesn't know pressure points the way Cap does. Pete hits with Brawler blows, Cap hits with Top Tier MA blows, do the frickin research mad

stick out tongue

Daredevil1
Well unlike Spiderman. Cap has this big shield that can block Ocks attacks unless Cap's just decides to dodge.

But Cap for sure can out tactic Octo in tactical combat. The Doc is no joke and can definitively give Cap major problems. I mean Cap's record against Spidey is even better then Octo's. Doesn't mean Cap would win because of that but just saying Cap is a beast in his own right.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by Juk3n
Pete doesn't know pressure points the way Cap does. Pete hits with Brawler blows, Cap hits with Top Tier MA blows, do the frickin research mad

stick out tongue

Not just the pressure points. Cap has hurt beings with his shield that Spiderman couldn't even dream of. The shield literally makes Cap's strike like a mini Ironfist technique. Only without the dragon amp and solely backed up by the SSS.

The MISTER
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Cap doesn't pull his punches like Spider-man either. big grin
He can't afford to pull his far weaker punches and if Spidey didn't drastically pull his punches he'd kill quite often. Cap isn't in the same league as an evil Spider-man that doesn't hold back and strikes to kill. Dr. Ock would literally rip Cap to pieces. Spider-mans biggest difficulty fighting ock has been the precision accuracy and the quickness of the extremely powerful arms.

Cap is weaker than Spider-man, slower than Spider-man, and lacks the spidersense that helps faster stronger Spidey avoid the FOUR MECHANICAL arms.

Cap is cool...But he's got a knife in this gunfight.

Lord_Talron
well said

darthgoober
I'd give this one to Cap since we're talking about a fight on Liberty Island. In an arena Cap would be hard pressed to get in close with all the arms(course Spidey probably would too in that scenereo) but the island provides Cap with the opportuninty to use stealth, the environment, and the tactics to his advantage.

The MISTER
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'd give this one to Cap since we're talking about a fight on Liberty Island. In an arena Cap would be hard pressed to get in close with all the arms(course Spidey probably would too in that scenereo) but the island provides Cap with the opportuninty to use stealth, the environment, and the tactics to his advantage. the arms are also eyes for doc ock making surprise attacks far more difficult. Spider-man has found this out the hard way in the past. Also Ock is Spider-mans match in speed and Cap's superior due to increased mobility from his arms. Cap can't run and hide from Ock unless he's teleporting or something. He's not Batman.

Also if this is supposed to be characters at their best then ock has been portrayed to be capable of beating Spider-man and the Hulk at the same time. His arms were adamantium at the time but he wouldn't need adamantium for cap.

Juk3n
None of your points are valid, this is Steve Frickin Rogers were talking about here, watch your mouth..or "You're gonna die clowN"!

BattleMage
Any comic fan worth there salt knows Captain America takes a solid majority!

The MISTER
Originally posted by BattleMage
Any comic fan worth there salt knows Captain America takes a solid majority! of ass whoopins smokin'

King Castle
in comics and only in a forum fight if we allow his jobber aura to take effect.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31499/1302532-captain_america_05.jpg

BattleMage
Originally posted by King Castle
in comics and only in a forum fight if we allow his jobber aura to take effect.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31499/1302532-captain_america_05.jpg Nice. Thank for the screen saver.

BattleMage
Originally posted by The MISTER
of ass whoopins smokin' Post deleted

namorsubby
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Not just the pressure points. Cap has hurt beings with his shield that Spiderman couldn't even dream of. The shield literally makes Cap's strike like a mini Ironfist technique. Only without the dragon amp and solely backed up by the SSS.

I really hope your not implying that generally Cap+Shield > Spider's force? Not even close.

mini IF technique? So Cap could destroy like what, let's say.....1/4th of a helcarrier with a bash from the shield? LOL

Give me a break.

Originally posted by The MISTER

Cap is weaker than Spider-man, slower than Spider-man, and lacks the spidersense that helps faster stronger Spidey avoid the FOUR MECHANICAL arms.
and this is exactly why he loses this bout pretty much everytime, at least in a forum where patriotic spirit is not a legitamit amp.

Actually go ahead and add less durable to the list. That and he lacks spidey's web which can help occupy/deal with some of his legs better than a shield.

the ninjak
Before Ock got killed he stated that Cap considered him to be one of the best melee fighters he ever faced....then he got owned.

namorsubby
Originally posted by the ninjak
Before Ock got killed he stated that Cap considered him to be one of the best melee fighters he ever faced....then he got owned. Cap will own just about everybody one time around in his universe. Just like Batman, he gets much respect, and thus is written in godly form from time to time.

But really, He doesn't have spidey's durability, speed, strength, or precog which is neccessary to deal with ock. That and he can't just tie up limbs with webbing. He'd takes more hits then Spidey would, and with less durability,he would succumb. At least to a forum ock

the ninjak
Bucky Cap can just shoot him.

Steve Cap would lose.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by the ninjak
Bucky Cap can just shoot him.

Steve Cap would lose.

You mean, like Punisher did? erm

Steve never loses and he already owned Ock uhuh

chomperx9
i dont know how cap would win. the whole time he would be mainly focussing on defending himself than attacking. the speed of ottos tentacles even give spidey trouble.

Prep-Man
I give this to Doc oc.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by chomperx9
i dont know how cap would win. the whole time he would be mainly focussing on defending himself than attacking. the speed of ottos tentacles even give spidey trouble.

Like darth and srank already said...

Stealth. Environment. Tactics.

In a straight face to face confrontation Cap would have to do some "magic" with his shield... and we all know he can do that... wink

People are forgetting that Cap's the guy who stomped Lady Octopus and Hobby at the same time.

namorsubby
What people are fogetting that this is a forum match, where patriotic spirit and rep takes a backseat to logic.

Cap lacks the speed to evade, The durability to withstand, and the strength to incapacitate......that is before he is KOed himself. Spidey possesses these things, and he still doesn't always beat ock.

Lord_Talron
you kno i take it back, they are fighting on liberty island, cap cant lose! shifty

jinzin
Cap already beat Ock... AND Cap beat Lady ock backed by Hobgoblin. He can severe the arms of ock with his sheild and would probably use strategy to make Ock's arms play against himself.
Cap should be able to take some wins here for sure.

jinzin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Like darth and srank already said...

Stealth. Environment. Tactics.

In a straight face to face confrontation Cap would have to do some "magic" with his shield... and we all know he can do that... wink

People are forgetting that Cap's the guy who stomped Lady Octopus and Hobby at the same time. woops missed this.. but right on!

Daredevil1
I really hope your not implying that generally Cap+Shield > Spider's force? Not even close.

mini IF technique? So Cap could destroy like what, let's say.....1/4th of a helcarrier with a bash from the shield? LOL

Cap with his shield has KO"ed Namor clone, KO'ed real Namor(with a one shot) go through a friggin thick engine, and even made Hulk cry out in a pain.

Hell yeah his shield strikes are that lethal. Seriously you don't know much on Cap do you. No wonder a mod got on to you on about how you debate toward characters. You really don't know how.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Cap with his shield has KO"ed Namor clone, KO'ed real Namor(with a one shot) go through a friggin thick engine, and even made Hulk cry out in a pain.

Hell yeah his shield strikes are that lethal. Seriously you don't know much on Cap do you.

lol, Cap with his shield does not > Spider-man blows.

You guys really need to stop with the cap worship. Spidey is class 10 for christ's sake. Now me saying his force is greater than cap with his shield is all of a sudden irrational and a sign of ignorance? Are you kidding me?

I could make a respect thread for Cap, skimming just about evry issue. Im positive I know more than you about him. Positive.

Juk3n
lol, Cap with his shield does not > Spider-man blows.

We understand that ^ thats not the way it 'should-be' we understand that Spider-man is MANY times stronger than Cap. But what we also have to take into consideration is Caps blows stagger and Daze Spiderman. The same spiderman who is technically MANY more times mor durable to blunt force trauma then Cap. Caps shield blows bled Onslaught, staggered Hulk, floored Ironman, KO'ed Namor. Are these to be ignored then? Im suggesting nothing other than Cap blows with his shield are extemeley formidable, of the top of your head what are some of Spider-mans BEST striking feats?

King Castle
dont matter how strong spidey is when he is facing human opponents, spidey will pull back.. cap without a shield and a punch would ko doc easy.. doc ock only has human lvl durability of a man in his shape and age that should seriously lower his ability to stand up to blunt trauma.

either way cap can pull some wins maybe not the majority but a good portion, its what he does..

Lord_Talron
i still dont get where you guys are figuring that cap can touch him

King Castle
shield ricochet... besides cap can easily slice through them with his shield unlike parker.. added advantage.

Lord_Talron
and do you propose he does that when ock has the speed, the reflexes, and the dexterity to catch it?

King Castle
i dont believe doc has the speed nor dexterity to catch a flying shield tossed by cap nor do i think doc is keeping his tentacles when he reaches for the shield from cap.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Juk3n
We understand that ^ thats not the way it 'should-be' we understand that Spider-man is MANY times stronger than Cap. But what we also have to take into consideration is Caps blows stagger and Daze Spiderman. The same spiderman who is technically MANY more times mor durable to blunt force trauma then Cap. Caps shield blows bled Onslaught, staggered Hulk, floored Ironman, KO'ed Namor. Are these to be ignored then? Im suggesting nothing other than Cap blows with his shield are extemeley formidable, of the top of your head what are some of Spider-mans BEST striking feats? Those are only Cap's highest feats, not a measure of what he can do with that shield on average.

On average, I would say Spider-man, being class 10, can punch harder than Steve hits, even with a shield. Now I know Cap has high-end feats and I certainly don't discount them all as PIS, but is that not fair to conclude, seeing as Spidey is far stronger?

Lord_Talron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.