Speed of Luke Skywalker and others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
This would be a personal guess backed up by feats.

What would Luke Skywalker's, at his peak, running speed be? (Force speed is what I'm getting at.)

All reasonable canon sources allowed. Be serious.

After we can come to a general consensus, there, are there others that have faster running speed?

Also, how limited is force speed for Luke? (in other words, how long can he keep it up.) Again include others.

Gideon
I doubt there's an exact mph figure.

Hewhoknowsall
Definitely fights faster than Edward, who dadudemon thinks could solo the Jedi Order.

Face it, dadudemon. Luke uses Force pull + lightsaber stab. Edward moves at 9000 mph, but can't fight that fast. Luke fights faster than the eye can detect. Edward can't stop the Force and can't stop a lightsaber stab, nor can he blitz Luke.

RE: Blaxican
Shut up. Don't bring topics that don't have anything to do with this one in here. Even if his ulterior motive for making this thread is related to that ****ing retarded Twilight X Star Wars nerd thread, we're discussing Jedi speed here.

- - -

Speedwise, the only notable instances I can recall from memory is that in Shadows of Mindor, Luke ran "two kilometers in two minutes". He was moving with a specific purpose of trying to save people's lives, so I doubt he was exactly taking his time or pacing himself.

Another instance that I can recall is that when Luke and Palpatine were fighting in Dark Empire they were moving so fast that they were invisible to the naked eye, and also invisible to Leia's perception, which is somewhat impressive considering she's a force user.

This one is kind of iffy, but, with Kyle Katarn's force speed maxed out in JK2 he moves so fast that everything around him nearly stops moving entirely, and even blaster bolts slow down. I think.

That's all I can think of from recent memory.

Gideon
But General Grievous is not Luke Skywalker so TWILIGHT WINZ!

RE: Blaxican
Haha I already edited that out.

edit- Oh shit, no I didn't. Shut up.

Shey Tapani
He is so fats it cannot even be measured.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Shey Tapani
He is so fats it cannot even be measured.

Surely someones fats can be measured.

SwordOfTheJedi
I have a body fat caliper if anyone needs to use it.

Also Blax, I forgot that part in the Shadows of Mindor. That was a great scene from the book, will have to read it again.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by SwordOfTheJedi
Also Blax, I forgot that part in the Shadows of Mindor. That was a great scene from the book, will have to read it again.

I enjoyed that book a lot. What about in FOTJ when Luke and Ben are in the Mind Drinkers place and Ben says something and Luke instantly jumps over 3 rows of... something(just read it today and already forgot) to land beside Ben. Not quite a run speed feat but still a speed feat. Or his reaction time when he was attacked in his sleep in the Jade Shadow.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Speedwise, the only notable instances I can recall from memory is that in Shadows of Mindor, Luke ran "two kilometers in two minutes". He was moving with a specific purpose of trying to save people's lives, so I doubt he was exactly taking his time or pacing himself.

That only equals 37.26 mph. I would have to think he moves faster than that in a straight line sprint. Hell, most racehorses run faster than that.

Master_Galen
Twilight is stupid, besides Edward and the rest aren't even real vampires. If i had to choose, Team Jacob.

Anyhow, back to the point. I cant remember where but i remember reading that a jedi could cross 100 meters in a second, like a blur.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Master_Galen
Twilight is stupid, besides Edward and the rest aren't even real vampires. If i had to choose, Team Jacob.

Anyhow, back to the point. I cant remember where but i remember reading that a jedi could cross 100 meters in a second, like a blur.

Can you try to find the source. It would be most helpful. Thanks!

Master_Galen
Yeah, managed to locate that source for 100 meters in a second. It was from the novel Crosscurrent by the author Paul S. Kemp.

The jedi in question was Master Relin Druur. Hope that helps.

Vorpal Ruin
Twilight is stupid, besides Edward and the rest aren't even real vampires.B]

Compared to the Vampires in reality? confused

I think if the author of the book says that they are vampires, then they are vampires. Her opinion > yours because it is her story.

Master_Galen
It is merely a matter of opinion, but i am going on traditional folklore and legends. Vampires that glisten in the sun. laughing Come on, seriously. Absolutely hilarious.

Jinsoku Takai
Yeah, managed to locate that source for 100 meters in a second. It was from the novel Crosscurrent by the author Paul S. Kemp.

The jedi in question was Master Relin Druur. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Master_Galen
May sound noobish, but how do you do quotes? Thanks in advance.

Vorpal Ruin
It is merely a matter of opinion, but i am going on traditional folklore and legends. Vampires that glisten in the sun. laughing Come on, seriously. Absolutely hilarious.

True but vampires in all kinds of stories have some differences to them.

To quote there is a butten in the bottem right corner that you click and it automatically quotes whoevers post you clicked it under.

dadudemon
Holy crap, keep that vamprie sh*t out of this sub-forum!

Anyway, I think my question has been answered. We have a nice 100 meters a second...or 237Mph.

Can we get another feat that tops that? (the greatest feat I was aware of was Luke's running of 2Km in 2 minutes which is about 37Mph...not very fast, considering it's marginally above peak human.)

Edit -
Well, we might have an answer between those two.

Was any force user able to use force speed for extended periods of time; I do not think so? That would explain the 100 meter speed being much slower than the 2 Km speed: they can't just run 200+ Mph for extended distances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.