Empire vs. Galactic Alliance, redux

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
Whatever the hell was said in this original thread translates here. This way certain users can discuss this thread WHERE IT BELONGS and not fogging up a debate between TJ, Exodus, and myself. No trolling and keep insults to a minimum!

Hewhoknowsall
The Jedi get in Stealth X's and pop out of hyperspace. Stealth X's would be invisible to both sensors and the eye.

Then, the Jedi bomb Sidious's palace, killing Sidious.

The Galactic Empire then collapses into warlordism like it happened after ROTJ.

Gideon
Palpatine is successfully cloned after any possible assassination and conquers the galaxy.

/thread

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Gideon
Palpatine is successfully cloned after any possible assassination and conquers the galaxy.

/thread

1. You're a hypocrite, because you made a thread in which you support one side, which you for some reason condemn.
2. You're backtracking; you claimed that Sidious could avoid such an assassination.
3. By the time Sidious is cloned the Galactic Empire would have lost to the Galactic Alliance.

RE: Blaxican
Empire destroys the GA.

Gideon
^ You're on ignore, fella (HWKN). You blew your shot with a non-ignore scenario, so let's focus on responding to others. Okay? smile

Edit: Fvck it all, Blax!

I'm in the, PRIME OF MY LIFE. GOT TO LIVE THE WAY I GOT TO. GOIN' BE THE CHAM-PIEN OF THE WORLD!

Hewhoknowsall
^ You're on ignore, fella (HWKN). You blew your shot with a non-ignore scenario, so let's focus on responding to others. Okay? smile

Edit: Fvck it all, Blax!

You can't counter my arguments, so you put me on ignore as an excuse to not do so.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Empire destroys the GA.

Maybe in a conventional war.

Definitely in a conventional war. Probably in your scenario as well. The fact that only Jedi can fly Stealth X's makes theme easy to detect in the force. The fact that they also lose their cloaking abilities when they fire their torpedoes means they will definitely not last long.

Gideon
^ Not if Jedi Master Luke Skywalker is flying, supported by the rest of the Council, under battlemeld!!1!

Hewhoknowsall
Definitely in a conventional war. Probably in your scenario as well. The fact that only Jedi can fly Stealth X's makes theme easy to detect in the force. The fact that they also lose their cloaking abilities when they fire their torpedoes means they will definitely not last long.

Actually, a Jedi can still hide in the Force if he/she is using a Stealth X. It would take one volley of concussion missiles and Sidious is screwed.

1. All jedi know how to cloak themselves in the force? Prove this.

2. The most important building in the Empire does not have enough armor or shielding of its own to take one volley of missiles that are designed to destroy ships? Prove this.

One volley of concussion missiles has a large enough destructive radius to destroy a building several times larger than a modern day sky scraper in the first place? Prove this.

Hewhoknowsall

2. The most important building in the Empire does not have enough armor or shielding of its own to take one volley of missiles that are designed to destroy ships? Prove this.

One volley of concussion missiles has a large enough destructive radius to destroy a building several times larger than a modern day sky scraper in the first place? Prove this.

1. Not all Jedi, but enough for the plan to work.

2. That's a good point, but there isn't proof that Sidious's planet had shielding superior to that of, say, a star destroyer, whose shields Stealth X's can penetrate.

3. Star Wars concussion missiles have, according to official sources, a force in the megatons.

Gideon
The assassination attempt wouldn't be successful. The palace is the largest and tallest structure on Coruscant; they wouldn't be able to locate Palpatine (especially with the Emperor being capable of shielding his own presence in the Force). Infiltration would also be untenable, since no Jedi Master could maintain invisibility and evade the various security sensors indefinitely; security would be alerted and Palpatine would be whisked away.

And even if Palpatine were killed, he'd just clone himself and continue as though nothing happened.

As I recall, his argument is that Skywalker and the Council members would join together under a battlemeld, increasing coordination to beyond-Jedi-degrees, and then bomb the palace in a squadron of StealthX fighters.

To be fair, Skywalker does know how to cloak himself in the Force. Not that that matters, since the StealthX fighters would still be visible, not to mention the ever glaring fact that Palpatine himself can also hide himself in the Force.

Hewhoknowsall
The assassination attempt wouldn't be successful. The palace is the largest and tallest structure on Coruscant; they wouldn't be able to locate Palpatine (especially with the Emperor being capable of shielding his own presence in the Force). Infiltration would also be untenable, since no Jedi Master could maintain invisibility and evade the various security sensors indefinitely; security would be alerted and Palpatine would be whisked away.

And even if Palpatine were killed, he'd just clone himself and continue as though nothing happened.

As I recall, his argument is that Skywalker and the Council members would join together under a battlemeld, increasing coordination to beyond-Jedi-degrees, and then bomb the palace in a squadron of StealthX fighters.

To be fair, Skywalker does know how to cloak himself in the Force. Not that that matters, since the StealthX fighters would still be visible, not to mention the ever glaring fact that Palpatine himself can also hide himself in the Force.

Contradiction; if it's the largest and tallest structure on Coruscant, it wouldn't be that hard for the Jedi to notice it.

Oh, and Stealth X's can turn invisible to both sensors and to eyesight.

REXXXX
Alright, alright, that's enough of that... keep things on topic.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by REXXXX
Alright, alright, that's enough of that... keep things on topic.

Um, this is on topic; it's like the most plausible non PIS way I can think of in which the Alliance wins. And it's very likely to be successful.

REXXXX
I am referring to Gid's and Blax's comments above, thanks.

Nephthys
This is pretty sad Gideon.

Gideon
Nephthys
This is pretty sad Gideon.

Here's the thing: HWKN was spouting about this nonsense on threads in which we were already having a multi-post, in depth debate. The previous thread in which this topic was discussed was locked solely due to trolling. I recreated the thread so that HWKN, myself, and everyone else can rant, rave, argue, and debate this topic here on this specific thread.

So, as usual, I'm right. Now keep this discussion on topic, plz.

Nephthys
Its still sad as ****. Why do you need to prove yourself to HWKN? This is like watching an ex-heavyweight champ jabbing at a blind hobo to make himself feel good. Sad.

Gideon
I AM NOT PROVING ANYTHING AS YOU CAN SEE I AM NOT RESPONDING TO HIS ARGUMENTS BECAUSE HE'S ON IGNORE. WUT I AM DOING IS, IN MY DEVINE BENEVOLENCE, GIVING HIM A PLACE TO DISCUSS THIS TOPIC WITHOUT IMPEDING MY ANNIHILATION OF YOU, TJ, AND EVERYONE ELSE!

IT IS LIKE DANGLING A PAIR OF KEYS IN FRONT OF A CHILD TO DISTRACT HIM FROM MY TRUE INTENTIONS

K?

no moar off topic.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Nephthys
Its still sad as ****. Why do you need to prove yourself to HWKN? This is like watching an ex-heavyweight champ jabbing at blind hobo to make himself feel good. Sad.

laughing

Gideon

Vorpal Ruin

Vorpal Ruin
Jag Fel probably wouldnt be very easy to assassinate because of his relationship with Jaina. Also with the other Solos and Skywalkers.

Gideon
I like you. When you pay attention, you raise some good points.

In a sense, you're correct: his close relationship with the Solos and Skywalkers would make him a harder target because the offender would fear retaliation, retribution, conviction, etc.

But in a sense that matters here, I believe you're incorrect. Jaina and the others are not around Fel 24/7; he is an autonomous Head of State of an allied nation. There's no indication that they'd be able to stop an assassination attempt; especially if the assassins are being backed by the Galactic Empire.

Because they would likely have greater room for advancement in the Empire than in the Alliance. Palpatine would stop them from going too far (as in making a bid for his spot), but the Alliance and the Jedi would keep the Remnant in check to a far greater degree.

Lord Lucien
Even if Palpatine couldn't fold in or kill Fel, I don't think it would be very hard for him to drive a wedge between him and the Jedi. Someone will do something stupid, or get killed and Palpatine could very well lay blame on Fel or some other relevant person.

Vorpal Ruin
I like you. When you pay attention, you raise some good points.

Thanks!

In a sense, you're correct: his close relationship with the Solos and Skywalkers would make him a harder target because the offender would fear retaliation, retribution, conviction, etc.

Exactly. You wouldn't want to put a Solo or especially a Skywalker in a position where they want revenge.

But in a sense that matters here, I believe you're incorrect. Jaina and the others are not around Fel 24/7; he is an autonomous Head of State of an allied nation. There's no indication that they'd be able to stop an assassination attempt; especially if the assassins are being backed by the Galactic Empire.

The Jedi are smart enough to know that Jag would be at great risk because of the Moffs and Palpatines presence on the other side. I would be very surprised if they didn't keep him under Jedi protection. While that by no means guarentees his safety, it will help.

Because they would likely have greater room for advancement in the Empire than in the Alliance. Palpatine would stop them from going too far (as in making a bid for his spot), but the Alliance and the Jedi would keep the Remnant in check to a far greater degree.

Agreed. Were the Moffs happy with thier status in the Empire during Palpatines rule or did they resent not having any shot of getting to run the show themselves?

Hewhoknowsall
Gideon, you want to have a debate and yet put one of the major and only debaters on the Alliance side on ignore? What a dodging debate method.

The Jedi could ambush Sidious with their Stealth Xs. They could fire volleys of concussion missiles, each several times the power of a ww2 atomic bomb. And Stealth Xs are invisible to sensors and eyesight until they fire, at which point Sidious would be screwed.

Pwned
Ok then now counter the whole cloning thing he brought up, which is entirely valid.

Lord Lucien
How does this "invasion" work out? Is the Imperial Fleet invading the galaxy? Is it two galaxies; one Imperial, one GA-era squaring off side-by-side? Is the galaxy split in half between Empire and GA? Or is it just the respective militaries facing off, no planets or installations, just ships?

Gideon
Then let's assume for all intents and purposes that the Empire, at the start of the invasion, is sequestered in the Deep Core.

Hewhoknowsall
Then let's assume for all intents and purposes that the Empire, at the start of the invasion, is sequestered in the Deep Core.

How unfair of you. They would therefore get access to the major planets and trade routes.

Nephthys
But limited access to the farming and raw material planets. A sound tactician would use that to cripple their war efforts.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
But limited access to the farming and raw material planets. A sound tactician would use that to cripple their war efforts.

Good point, but the Empire could conquer said planets, as said planets would be far less protected than, say, Coruscant.

My Jedi Stealth X bombing method still stands though.

Originally posted by Pwned
Ok then now counter the whole cloning thing he brought up, which is entirely valid.

It took Sidious a very long time to clone himself and come back.

Gideon
Which is why any two-bit terrorist or assassin would rightly hesitate before pulling such a stunt. But a highly trained professional who is backed by the full might of the Empire wouldn't balk at such a thing. As terrifying as the Solos and Skywalkers can be, they are nothing against Palpatine.

thumb up

Palpatine, as demonstrated between Dark Empire I and Dark Empire II, can be reborn in an incredibly short amount of time. Hell, even in the first comic, Palpatine leaves his body when Skywalker goes to confront him on Byss. Skywalker then attempts to destroy the clones before Palpatine's essence can enter their bodies, but by the time he's done, Palpatine's already been reborn.

He can enter the body of a clone within an incredibly short period of time. The only reason he waited between Return of the Jedi and Dark Empire is because he was manipulating events for years from Byss.

Edit: I misspoketyped. Palpatine had already been reborn on Byss, but remained hidden in order to gather his forces, continue his dark side studies, manipulate the fighting, and then wait for the proper time to unleash his new weapons of WARRR!!1! against the New Republic.

Very possible; I urge you to explore this furthah!

Absolutely; if you read anything from the Hand of Thrawn duology onwards, you'll notice a recurring theme of the Moffs wishing desperately for the Empire to return to "the good ol' days" -- Palpatine's rule.

Nephthys
But limited access to the farming and raw material planets. A sound tacticianstrategist would use that to cripple their war efforts.

Excellent observation and I corrected your lousy error.

Gideon
Lushyen
Someone will do something stupid,

When a Skywalker's on the case, this is practically a guarantee!

Nephthys
......You just can't let me win can you. miffed:

Gideon
NEVAR!!1!

Lord Lucien
I kinda resent the attack on my name butwhateverIdon'tholditagainstyou.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.